Round One

• Both are unarmed and daredevil has his costume from episode one
  • No prep
  • In character
  • Win by any means
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Round Two

• Both have standard gear (Daredevil has his daredevil costume and billy clubs)
  • No prep
  • In character
  • Win by any means
  • Begin 100 feet apart
  • Unpopulated
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by jashro44 (44749 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by D3athstroke (5113 posts) - - Show Bio

This has to be a joke.

#4 Posted by gokuss4z (3232 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#5 Posted by Ultragreenboy (4219 posts) - - Show Bio

Jiggle

#6 Posted by Super_Mod (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt, both rounds

#7 Posted by NimaMindTricks (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt wrecks; especially in round 2. Diggle doesn't have the durability nor the endurance to last in round 2.

#8 Posted by highaccuser (32013 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt

#9 Posted by thehunter (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Diggle wins.

Come at me.

#10 Posted by nickzambuto (29289 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh, tough one. Both are above Baleman but below Arrow. Matt is a certified bullet timer, but his fighting speed isn't anything amazing, he's quick but he also gets tagged by characters like Melvin and Fisk. Diggle however is consistently portrayed as a brick, he's tanked attacks from Grundy, Ravager, Brick, and even Oliver commented on how his muscles are the size of bowling balls. Their records are pretty similar, although I feel like Daredevil's fight with Fisk is something Diggle has no counter for, not even in the comics. So Daredevil wins.

#11 Edited by Keenko (5036 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by slimj87d (13885 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#13 Posted by KingTPhil (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of twisted joke is this

#14 Posted by Super_Mod (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehunter: Diggle gets his arse kicked unless he has his comic tie-in feats as well.

I'm coming at you.

#15 Posted by jashro44 (44749 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_mod: to my knowledge the comic is canon and basically just expands on the cwverse. I'll allow them.

#16 Edited by Rpgesus (5380 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch

#17 Posted by Frozen (20878 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil wrecks.

#18 Posted by nickzambuto (29289 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is MCU Daredevil held in such a high regard in these threads? I mean yeah the show is great, but I thought Daredevil was underpowered.

#19 Posted by Jestersmiles (9417 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Super_Mod (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@super_mod: to my knowledge the comic is canon and basically just expands on the cwverse. I'll allow them.

In that case, Diggle may actually win this then.

#21 Edited by jayc1324 (23131 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: underpowered compared to his comic book version, but still pretty capable.

#22 Posted by Chimeroid (5952 posts) - - Show Bio

@nimamindtricks: Diggle has an automatic rifle and a gun that say otherwise. Also his durability is waaay up there

#23 Posted by nickzambuto (29289 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_mod: Why do comic feats change this? Diggle really only has one noteworthy feat in the comics.

#24 Edited by nickzambuto (29289 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I thought he was underpowered, period. He doesn't stand a chance against other live action heroes like Arrow and Captain America. Diggle is a good match for him.

#25 Posted by Jacthripper (13789 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

#26 Edited by TheVivas (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

DD both rounds. Faster, more durable, and more skilled.

#27 Posted by Death-Killer (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#28 Edited by AllStarSuperman (40236 posts) - - Show Bio

Diggle can't win fights

#29 Posted by jayc1324 (23131 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: He should still win this fight though. Faster and more skilled, plus he can take much more punishment, unless Diggle does something amazing in season 3 which I'm still waiting for to be on Netflix because I haven't seen it yet.

And also, Daredevil isn't above Baleman in anything except maybe pain tolerance.

#30 Posted by username12345 (4583 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by nickzambuto (29289 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I would contest the idea of Daredevil being more skilled than Diggle. People need to understand that agility does NOT equal skill, it's just another physical factor that can be countered if your opponent is a better fighter. This actually happened in Daredevil, Nobu wasn't a match for Daredevil's agility, but whenever Matt would attempt an acrobatic evasion, Nobu would come around and bring him down while he was open.

#32 Posted by nfactor1995 (12124 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil should win pretty quickly here. Faster and more skilled as well as much better durability.

#33 Posted by Sachmoo (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

What the heck is Standard gear for Diggle? Just his hand gun?

#34 Posted by jayc1324 (23131 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: My comment about skill was not referring to Matt's agility, but agility definitely matters and I don't see Diggle overcoming it with his strength, or his skill. Daredevil was pretty good at breaking peoples bones, he can do the same to Diggle. Why would you disagree with Matt being more skilled than John?

#35 Posted by Batman1130 (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil has way better h2h skill, agitu, durability and probably more powerful striking as well. He takes both rotunda pretty easily

#36 Posted by sync1 (3259 posts) - - Show Bio

All i've seen Diggle do was get beat up.

#37 Posted by FatherChaos (2631 posts) - - Show Bio

DD is definitely harder to put down. He also seems to employ a wider variety of techniques. Dig might be stronger but Matt can overcome that.

#38 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo said:

What the heck is Standard gear for Diggle? Just his hand gun?

#39 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

Ends in sex

#40 Posted by Below0Gaming (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil because his suit blocks guns.

#41 Posted by nickzambuto (29289 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@nickzambuto: My comment about skill was not referring to Matt's agility, but agility definitely matters and I don't see Diggle overcoming it with his strength, or his skill. Daredevil was pretty good at breaking peoples bones, he can do the same to Diggle. Why would you disagree with Matt being more skilled than John?

Diggle has done more than Daredevil has, his non-acrobatic style has proven effective. In terms of capabilities MCU Daredevil was even more realistic than Nolan Batman, despite all of his skill and agility a strong guy like Melvin Potter was all it took to make him struggle. Melvin Potter, a mechanic, who happened to be really strong. For a character in Arrow, Melvin Potter wouldn't even register on the radar. Diggle has fought ninjas and super soldiers, whereas one ninja was all it took to beat Daredevil. And just because he was a named character doesn't mean Nobu was more skilled than the generic LoA members, those guys were all skilled in numerous combat styles both armed and unarmed, and they were so highly trained they didn't even feel pain at all. The generic League members could dodge bullets at point blank range using DD-esque maneuvers, and they could also smack arrows out of the air like flies. Yet due to his superior skill, Diggle could easily counter their agility and defeat up to four of them at once.

In the Netflix show, Daredevil never got the chance to fight anybody comparable to top tier Arrow characters like Oliver, Merlyn, Sara, or China White, all of whom Diggle has been able to give a hard time too. If Daredevil fought Ravager, a superhuman trained in swordsmanship by Deathstroke, he wouldn't last a second, but Diggle gave her a very hard fight through sheer skill. The full fight isn't anywhere on YouTube, but Diggle displayed extremely impressive skills without being over-the-top acrobatic.

Loading Video...

If Diggle is more skilled than Matt, than he can counter Daredevil's agility in ways like this.

No Caption Provided

Just like Nobu, Diggle will use Daredevil's agility against him. Diggle is also possibly the strongest character in Arrow, since he tanked Mirakuru hits better than anybody else and Oliver himself has made jokes about Dig's muscles. This is an advantage for obvious reasons, to counter Daredevil's reflexes.

#42 Posted by highaccuser (32013 posts) - - Show Bio

Diggle does good against skilled fighters, but he seldom makes offensive headway against them.

#43 Posted by nickzambuto (29289 posts) - - Show Bio

Diggle does good against skilled fighters, but he seldom makes offensive headway against them.

True but why should that take away from his abilities? He's a mid-tier who's tough enough to challenge the high-tiers, it's no wonder that Diggle always loses when he's in the field with Oliver fighting Merlyn and Deathstroke. The fact that he can give just about anyone a hard time is a feat in its own right, going by feats Daredevil would get stomped by Oliver, but Diggle was able to stall Al Sah-Him in a sword fight for like three minutes through pure skill, despite having no experience in swordsmanship. Ergo Diggle must be more skilled than Daredevil because he can do more than him.

#44 Posted by highaccuser (32013 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Because it doesn't mean he has a hope at beating them. Especially since he's never explicitly written at that level of skill. It's not all that different than when Ollie needs to take his time with some goons. People have good days and bad days. Unless he's actually landing hits or anything it's not that special.

And I don't ever recall him even stomping fodder except inconsistent LoA ninja's. Apparently he did in the comics but it seems like there was adrenaline helping out there and comics are supplementary material. The show never wrote him at that level.

Oliver has been challenged by less skilled foes than Matt like Huntress. Diggle doesn't really stand a chance.

#45 Posted by lukehero (34460 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#46 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (4329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go Diggle. He has held his own against far more capable opponents than Daredevil has ever faced.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#47 Posted by AllStarSuperman (40236 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt for Round 1.

Diggle for Round 2.

#49 Posted by rogueshadow (24913 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt.

#50 Edited by lukehero (34460 posts) - - Show Bio