Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Just what everyone wanted, another MCU Daredevil thread

How far can the MCU's newest hero make it in this gauntlet of characters from Batman: The Animated Series?

All fight take place in an urban environment at night. Starting distance is 20 feet.

No gear, pure h2h

All are in character. Victory by ko

Round 1: Harley Quinn

Round 2: Tim Drake

Round 3: Batgirl

Round 4: Dick Grayson (feats as Robin only)

Round 5: Dick Grayson (all feats allowed)

Round 6: Batman

How far can he go?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1@funsiized@jayc1324

@pokeysteve@batman242 @sophia89

@lukehero @lucano @zhurong @leo-343 @gxrevolution96 @gizmorino @xxxcarzellxxx @stormdriven@jacthripper @jackjack390 @zaied @rbt @the_stegman @night4345 @shiryu

@juiceboks @kyrees@killerwasp@johnfrank120@hatemalingsia@fiodestromus

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't watched Daredevil yet.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched Daredevil yet.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't either, just some clips. Kinda just felt like jumping on the Daredevil bandwagon, you know?

Here's one fight I found

Loading Video...

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zaied

Doesn't make it past Harley TBH. Unless it's strictly TAS and not TNBA.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

Why not?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't watched it either.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8 Lunacyde  Moderator

I find it hard to compare animated series feats to live action ones.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Kokemabb200
killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

1. Daredevil consistently struggles with low level goons throughout the series.

2. Daredevil consistently is beaten up, stabbed, injured and left for dead by normal street punks.

3. Daredevil struggled immensely and essentially lost to a lone (assuming Hand) ninja who he only beat by cheating and setting him on fire (not besting him in ninjitsu)

4. Daredevil was consistently was very clumsy in his fighting, his plans where terrible, often just running headlong into badguys who proceeded to beat the piss of of him.

5. Daredevil other than his senses and occasional acrobatics was a very grounded punch centric fighter. Occasionally demonstrating an aptitude to throw weapons but never uses this as his primary mode of attack, has almost no mobility, doesn't get his billy clubs until the last part of the last episode and doesn't show that it even has his signiture cable and thus never uses it as a grappling hook.

The show ultimately was more of a Becoming Marvel's Daredevil, rather than a show demonstrating his capabilities, and as such he looks like a sub par combatant that would lose to anyone with any real training. For example, I would put by Agent Mae or Grant Ward significantly above DD in terms of combat effectiveness because of their ability to handle significantly more proficient enemies with much greater ease.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@lunacyde: same here

ok

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

2. Daredevil consistently is beaten up, stabbed, injured and left for dead by normal street punks.

3. Daredevil struggled immensely and essentially lost to a lone (assuming Hand) ninja who he only beat by cheating and setting him on fire (not besting him in ninjitsu)

4. Daredevil was consistently was very clumsy in his fighting, his plans where terrible, often just running headlong into badguys who proceeded to beat the piss of of him.

5. Daredevil other than his senses and occasional acrobatics was a very grounded punch centric fighter. Occasionally demonstrating an aptitude to throw weapons but never uses this as his primary mode of attack, has almost no mobility, doesn't get his billy clubs until the last part of the last episode and doesn't show that it even has his signiture cable and thus never uses it as a grappling hook.

The show ultimately was more of a Becoming Marvel's Daredevil, rather than a show demonstrating his capabilities, and as such he looks like a sub par combatant that would lose to anyone with any real training. For example, I would put by Agent Mae or Grant Ward significantly above DD in terms of combat effectiveness because of their ability to handle significantly more proficient enemies with much greater ease.

He seemed to be fairly capable from the bits I've seen. Struggling with a ninja doesn't automatically make Daredevil bad, why doesn't it mean the ninja is good?

Not throwing his weapons doesn't make him a bad fighter, in fact, going around throwing his weapons all the time, realistically, wouldn't be the best plan. I wouldn't say not having a grappling hook makes him a bad combatant either

Agent May and Ward aren't in this gauntlet, so I don't see how they're relevant

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

It's okay, you can just say you hate DD.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

That's what I figured

On a different note, are you (@lunacyde) still interested in Avatar threads?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at round 1.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lunacyde  Moderator

@kramotz said:

Stops at round 1.

Ok, I'll bite. how does Harley Quinn beat him?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@arcus: Always.

I'll send you some you might be interested in

@kramotz said:

Stops at round 1.

Any reasons?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I should finish the season before I comment.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kramotz

@arcus: @lunacyde: Harley is a superior acrobat, is stronger, faster, more durable and generally better than Daredevil, especially since this is BTAS Harley and she has been injected with Poison Ivy's serum.

Daredevil simply gets murderstomped, and it doesn't help that he actually tires while Harley does not.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@kramotz said:

Stops at round 1.

Ok, I'll bite. how does Harley Quinn beat him?

Loading Video...

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

eh, would probably work on me.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

@arcus:

eh, would probably work on me.

Problem is Matt's blind, not sure it would be as effective

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

According to Nelson, he always knows which are the hot ones.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

@arcus:

According to Nelson, he always knows which are the hot ones.

That's helpful

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Yes. Yes it is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

DD is not in this thread, its MCU DD, and MCU DD is nowhere near as capable as comic DD so far. I do not hate DD at all, my affection for the character is the very reason why I was so disappointed with how weak he was portrayed.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

DD is not in this thread, its MCU DD, and MCU DD is nowhere near as capable as comic DD so far. I do not hate DD at all, my affection for the character is the very reason why I was so disappointed with how weak he was portrayed.

I'm guessing you hate pretty much every live action or animated portrayal of a character, ever

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@lunacyde said:

@kokemabb200 said:

ok

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

He seemed to be fairly capable from the bits I've seen. Struggling with a ninja doesn't automatically make Daredevil bad, why doesn't it mean the ninja is good?

Not throwing his weapons doesn't make him a bad fighter, in fact, going around throwing his weapons all the time, realistically, wouldn't be the best plan. I wouldn't say not having a grappling hook makes him a bad combatant either

Then you need to watch more. MCU DD struggles from episode one with low level goons and continues to struggle throughout the entire season, he doesn't knock people out with single blows like he did in the comics, often getting himself in prolonged clumsy fights with people who should have been down with a single blow from someone who is supposed to be a top tier martial artist.

DD should have retractable cables on his clubs which allows him to throw them at will, your comment leads me to believe you do not know much about DD as he is shown in the comics.

Agent Mae and Ward are both MCU characters, both pure human, and are a clear example of what trained martial artists should be capable of and the contrast with DD in how their capabilities are portrayed while being in the same universe. Bottom line is DD should have better feats than pure human shield agents who are in his same universe, but sadly he does not.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:

@lunacyde said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

I'm guessing you hate pretty much every live action or animated portrayal of a character, ever

I'm guessing you jump to absurd conclusions with no evidence at all, actually that isn't a guess, its a fact. If you even remotely looked through my posts you would realize how blatantly false your accusation was, I routinely discuss MCU, MOS, and other animated incarnations of characters in a positive light but I guess you do not mind making a fool out of yourself with baseless comments towards people you know nothing about. You have even admitted to not having finished the series yet you seem ready and willing to criticize other people personally while not countering a single one of the valid criticisms I laid out.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@lunacyde said:

@kokemabb200 said:

ok

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

Then you need to watch more. MCU DD struggles from episode one with low level goons and continues to struggle throughout the entire season, he doesn't knock people out with single blows like he did in the comics, often getting himself in prolonged clumsy fights with people who should have been down with a single blow from someone who is supposed to be a top tier martial artist.

DD should have retractable cables on his clubs which allows him to throw them at will, your comment leads me to believe you do not know much about DD as he is shown in the comics.

Agent Mae and Ward are both MCU characters, both pure human, and are a clear example of what trained martial artists should be capable of and the contrast with DD in how their capabilities are portrayed while being in the same universe. Bottom line is DD should have better feats than pure human shield agents who are in his same universe, but sadly he does not.

So you're mad that he's not exactly like he is in the comics. Great. No one in the gauntlet is exactly like their comic version either.

How about you actually compare Daredevil's feats to those of the combatants in the gauntlet instead of raging about how Daredevil's not as good as he is in the comics?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:

@lunacyde said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

I'm guessing you jump to absurd conclusions with no evidence at all, actually that isn't a guess, its a fact. If you even remotely looked through my posts you would realize how blatantly false your accusation was, I routinely discuss MCU, MOS, and other animated incarnations of characters in a positive light but I guess you do not mind making a fool out of yourself with baseless comments towards people you know nothing about. You have even admitted to not having finished the series yet you seem ready and willing to criticize other people personally while not countering a single one of the valid criticisms I laid out.

So why are you so disappointed with MCU Daredevil being nerfed but not every other live action adaptation of a character?

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:
@arcus said:

@lunacyde said:

@kokemabb200 said:

ok

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

So you're mad that he's not exactly like he is in the comics. Great. No one in the gauntlet is exactly like their comic version either.

How about you actually compare Daredevil's feats to those of the combatants in the gauntlet instead of raging about how Daredevil's not as good as he is in the comics?

The only person mad here is you, keep ignoring the valid points i have made while spewing nonsense. MCU DD struggles with goons, hes not making it past round 1. end of story

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@killraven4334 said:
@arcus said:
@lunacyde said:

@kokemabb200 said:

ok

@killraven4334 said:
@arcus said:
@zaied said:

Why not?

The only person mad here is you, keep ignoring the valid points i have made while spewing nonsense. MCU DD struggles with goons, hes not making it past round 1. end of story

And why does that make him better than Harley? What feats does Harley have to allow her to beat him?

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:

@lunacyde said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

So why are you so disappointed with MCU Daredevil being nerfed but not every other live action adaptation of a character?

I have already explained this. I am not at disappointed with him being less than his comic version. I am simply perplexed as to why DD is shown as a less competent fighter than other pure humans in the same shared MCU. Right now, DD has no purpose in the MCU, its kind of like a pure human body builder being stronger than the hulk, that doesn't make sense does it? No, it doesn't, so a pure human shield agent shouldn't be a better fighter than DD, that is my issue with it, and it is why I believe MCU DD will be stopped round 1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:

@lunacyde said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

I have already explained this. I am not at disappointed with him being less than his comic version. I am simply perplexed as to why DD is shown as a less competent fighter than other pure humans in the same shared MCU. Right now, DD has no purpose in the MCU, its kind of like a pure human body builder being stronger than the hulk, that doesn't make sense does it? No, it doesn't, so a pure human shield agent shouldn't be a better fighter than DD, that is my issue with it, and it is why I believe MCU DD will be stopped round 1.

1. That reason has absolutely nothing to do with Harley Quinn, and therefore no reason for him to stop at round 1

2. The Agents have had multiple series and extensive training. Daredevil's in his first series, and as you said he's still beginning.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kokemabb200

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@killraven4334 said:

@lunacyde said:

@killraven4334 said:

@arcus said:

@zaied said:

Why not?

1. That reason has absolutely nothing to do with Harley Quinn, and therefore no reason for him to stop at round 1

2. The Agents have had multiple series and extensive training. Daredevil's in his first series, and as you said he's still beginning.

I'm not sure where you're pulling the his fights were clumsy statement from. He fought extremely well. And there was no low-level goon that hurt him apart from his first fight at Karen's apartment and its never revealed who the assassin he was fighting was.

Nobu was shown to be a high ranking member of the Hand. Of course he'd be highly skilled, I'm not sure how you count that as a negative against Matt. Nobu is the only character Matt faced in the series that was shown to be better trained and more skilled than him.

No cinematic character has been shown to be as capable as they are in the comics. The closest has been Captain America (in his second) movie. The rest have been extremely nerfed down as well so I'm not sure why you're ripping Daredevil alone for this.

If you recall, Matt had only been practicing law for 7 hours before he met Karen. That means he's brand-spanking new to everything, including being a vigilante. The show has to show some progression of the character as the series continues.

I'm also a little lost why you think the Agents of SHIELD characters are above him in any way? He's shown to be ridiculously agile, skilled, and fast, and above all of that very durable.

It's evident you have your qualms with the show, and that's great. It'd suck if everyone were sheep with one opinion. However, there are other boards to voice your discontent. This is a battle forum between Daredevil and the Batman Animated Series gauntlet. Your tangential argument has done very little to support your pick.

You can keep arguing your opinion since that's what forums are for (the conversation) BUT, without specific examples its hard for me to see your reasoning. Right now it just seems like you disliked the Netflix show and are unwilling to look at the character objectively.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I still don't understand where people think that any of the goons have stood a chance against Daredevil. Almost everytime he hasn't needed to keep one person concious to question, he wrecks. He quietly oneshot Nobu's men and Madame Gao's men and completely wrecked those SWAT dudes while completely exhausted.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

I still don't understand where people think that any of the goons have stood a chance against Daredevil. Almost everytime he hasn't needed to keep one person concious to question, he wrecks. He quietly oneshot Nobu's men and Madame Gao's men and completely wrecked those SWAT dudes while completely exhausted.

EXACTLY! He easily took out all the goons. The only reason that hallway fight even lasted as long as it did was because Claire had just pulled him out of a dumpster (half-dead) a couple hours earlier and he had stab wounds, a concussion and broken ribs.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: You shouldn't make threads like this if you haven't seen the series yet! Aren't you scared of spoilers???

Drakkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about anyone else but I feel the validity of fodder should be taken into account. Look at May or Black Widow in the MCU and how many times they take people out by literally punching them once in the face or doing a leg sweep while at the same time I don't remember Daredevil really one hit KO-ing anybody. To ME at least that shows that none of the "fodder" or thugs he fights are just run of the mill it's more accurate to real life look up fights in real life (when people's adrenaline is flowing mind you) that aren't sucker punches how many people go down in one hit.

On the flip side everyone else could just be taking out fodder mercenaries and soldiers that all have glass jaws.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@killraven4334:

@keenko said:

You need to rewatch the show, Kill Raven.

You obviously don't get the show or what they were trying to do with it. They were going for a realistic and gritty portrayal of a vigilante. In order to get this mood down they couldn't make him comic book powerful. That would've been absurd.

Even then, though, he was an incredible fighter. Him having trouble with (what you call "low level") goons only means that those "low level goons" aren't so low level.

If you want a more comic-book like Daredevil, watch the movie and get over it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: You shouldn't make threads like this if you haven't seen the series yet! Aren't you scared of spoilers???

Not actually sure when I'll get around to watching it, so I don't particularly mind

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump