Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Strafe Prower said:
"

I think you guys are also forgetting this is a team fight, not 2 different 1 on 1s. I've never seen Shiva or Daken use team work or even care about their "friends"

"
Shiva's teamed with several people. The Question 1&2, Batman, Nyssa, Green Arrow, and she even teamed with the League of Assassins when they killed Cassandra Cain. O-Sensei is another character she teamed with but he's her Godfather so that may not count. I know nothing about Daken but wasn't he on the Dark Avengers?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Gambler said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"

I think you guys are also forgetting this is a team fight, not 2 different 1 on 1s. I've never seen Shiva or Daken use team work or even care about their "friends"

"
Shiva's teamed with several people. The Question 1&2, Batman, Nyssa, Green Arrow, and she even teamed with the League of Assassins when they killed Cassandra Cain. O-Sensei is another character she teamed with but he's her Godfather so that may not count. I know nothing about Daken but wasn't he on the Dark Avengers? "
Daken was Dark Wolverine. He seems to know how to fight and he produces pheromones.(which could really mess up DD.)
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By dane
@Gambler: Yeah, Daken has teamed up pretty constantly. He's usually seen partnered up with Bullseye.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Decoy Elite:  Hahaha thanks, I mean I know that much :P He doesn't have his pheromones for this fight. I mean I dont know what he's done in the way of combat/feats.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#105  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Gambler:
But I don't think either would care much if the other went down or was injured. They wouldn't use teamwork as effectively because they both have an attitude of "Holier than thou" IMO
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Daken & Lady Shiva.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Gambler: But I don't think either would care much if the other went down or was injured. They wouldn't use teamwork as effectively because they both have an attitude of "Holier than thou" IMO "
You may have a point, but in Shiva's case anyway, if she "needed" Daken to win then she would do everything in her power to keep their partnership together. Especially if he displayed the type of fighting ability she admired. Also, Connor doesn't know DD from Adam. Just because they both happen to be heroes doesn't mean they would automatically click. I really dont think teamwork would play much of a factor here since both teams have no idea what their partner can or cant do.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#108  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Gambler: Sorry, I didn't see how long this thread was....
He was able to go against Wolverine and I think he might have wiped the floor with Deadpool.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By dane

Just to reiterate the original post: Daken does not have his pheromones here.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Gambler: Sorry, I didn't see how long this thread was.... He was able to go against Wolverine and I think he might have wiped the floor with Deadpool. "
Nice. I hate Deadpool lol
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Gambler:
Just from them being Hero's with a common enemy who they both have heard of/fought would bring DD and Connor together IMO. There is nothing DD or Connor would do that would make them not use teamwork IMO.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Gambler: Just from them being Hero's with a common enemy who they both have heard of/fought would bring DD and Connor together IMO. There is nothing DD or Connor would do that would make them not use teamwork IMO. "
 But they dont know the other is a hero right? They dont just automatically know eachother cause they're teamed together. And again, what teamwork? What are they doing as a "team" that Shiva and Daken aren't doing and how does it give them an advantage? Fight starts, there are two of them and two opponents. Its not like they can team up on one person and Shiva or Daken is just gonna stand around waiting for their turn to get beat on. Just cause their villains doesn't make em dumb all the sudden. Its not even like team two needs to work together as one. Shiva can take Connor on her own, all she needs is for Daken to hang with DD long enough for her to finish Connor. The situation already dictates that team two works together, unless we're really using character morals in which case why are they even fighting in the first place?
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#113  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Connor Hawke has a healing factor now, so that should play into things as well.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@ThanosIsMad said:
" Connor Hawke has a healing factor now, so that should play into things as well. "
Nice point
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By dane

Scans of Daken's fights with Deadpool and Cyber.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Dane:  Daaaayumn, he's fast as @!#$ lol
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Gambler:
I'm sure they could figure that out with the way they fight, like when they don't try for kill shots. I never said They were dumb, but I just see Shiva and Daken being less likely to help the other out if one was in trouble, than Connor and DD. Also, I think DD would put down Daken before Connor would be defeated by Shiva. Daken has beaten Spiderman and Wolverine, I don't see anything Daken brings to the table that DD couldn't counter with a better move. DD is the better fighter, has better senses, has great stealth, and Is immune to Dakens dissapearing act. I don't see Daken beating him.  If that proves true, then It's Connor and DD vs. Shiva in which Shiva loses. She is a top teir fighter, but she isn't that good.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By dane

Daken hits his father before he can see him.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Strafe Prower said:

" @Gambler: I'm sure they could figure that out with the way they fight, like when they don't try for kill shots. I never said They were dumb, but I just see Shiva and Daken being less likely to help the other out if one was in trouble, than Connor and DD. Also, I think DD would put down Daken before Connor would be defeated by Shiva. Daken has beaten Spiderman and Wolverine, I don't see anything Daken brings to the table that DD couldn't counter with a better move. DD is the better fighter, has better senses, has great stealth, and Is immune to Dakens dissapearing act. I don't see Daken beating him.  If that proves true, then It's Connor and DD vs. Shiva in which Shiva loses. She is a top teir fighter, but she isn't that good. "

Would they even have time to think about it? I dont see them having time to anazlyle the way the other is fighting, especially against Shiva and Daken. You make a good point about "helping" the other out, the only thing is would team one even be able to help  out? They're going to be to busy with their own problems to be able to say, "Oh, he needs a hand, let me put this on pause and help him out." Not gonna happen. Against Daken and Shiva Connor and DD would need to focus everything on the person in front of them and not on whether or not they're teammate could use a hand. I don't see anyway DD beats Daken before Shiva beats Connor, but even then it doesn't really depend on teamwork. 

As a team, there isn't anything team one is going to do that gives them any sort of advantage over team two. Would they be more likely to help eachother out, sure. But when or how would they even have the time? Both Shiva and Daken have worked on teams before she its not like the idea of helping a partner out to secure a victory is a foreign concept to them. Shiva took on a fresh Nightwing and Connor at the same time and blocked Connor's arrows while simultaneously putting Nightwing down long enough for the Monkey Clan to come and occupy his time. I think Daken is fully capable of hanging with DD long enough for Shiva to at the very least, incapacitate Connor long enough to come over and finish off DD.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Gambler:
I see a chance that DD could use Pressure points to give himself the time to maybe help Connor for a split second. Shiva never fought Connor and Nightwing up close at the same time in those scans, so I don't see what you are saying on the second part. With His bow and arrows with him, she has to K.O. or break every bone in his arms Connor not to be a factor, which I don't think she could do in a short amount of time. Above, He gave her a good fight and I don't see her finishing a second round fast at all. It's not so cut and dry as it would seem when you first look. IMO. It will be a long and drawn out fight.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Gambler: I see a chance that DD could use Pressure points to give himself the time to maybe help Connor for a split second. Shiva never fought Connor and Nightwing up close at the same time in those scans, so I don't see what you are saying on the second part. With His bow and arrows with him, she has to K.O. or break every bone in his arms Connor not to be a factor, which I don't think she could do in a short amount of time. Above, He gave her a good fight and I don't see her finishing a second round fast at all. It's not so cut and dry as it would seem when you first look. IMO. It will be a long and drawn out fight. "
 I guess that would depend on what you define as "Up close." They dont appear to be any further then maybe 5ft apart, and she's reacting to both their attacks at the same time. Nightwings leaping at her while Connor is firing an arrow. You can see she takes out the arrow while she herself is leaping towards Nightwing and takes him out. One move that counters two separate attacks. She then, while Nightwing is disoriented  from one strike, takes out every single one of Connor's arrow attacks with her foot lol (and apparently even catches one with her hand). So what I'm saying is, by herself, Shiva was able to contend and beat Connor and a teammate. This notion that Connor and a stranger have an advantage as far as "teamwork" is concerned doesn't seem to have any footing. He couldn't beat Shiva with a teammate that he knows, so just because he's teamed with another hero doesn't give them a "team" advantage. There is just as much chance that Shiva uses a Pressure Point, or even a Kill shot, to free herself up long enough to help Daken as vise versa. Its not like if she had the opportunity to help Daken, she wouldn't take it. Thats basically my entire point. Just because Daken and Shiva are villains doesn't mean they wouldn't, or couldn't, use teamwork just as effectively as Connor and DD. Shiva doesn't have to break Connor's arm in order to avoid his Arrows, she's already shown that she's to fast for em anyway.

You're right about him giving her a good fight, but if you read the captions you could almost draw the conclusion that she was testing/toying, with him. Cause as soon as she decided it was over, she put him down with no problem. Of course thats my own slanted opinion, but re-read the final scans and see if it doesn't seem that way. It may very well be a long drawn out fight, I'm just saying I dont see Team One having some sort of advantage because they are good guys working together. Shiva has several instances in which she units characters and holds teams together. I dont see her not being able to keep Daken on board long enough to finish off team one.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Gambler:
There is a difference in Nightwing and DD though. A big one in fact and plus she didn't defeat Nightwing, she kicked him once and then his time was occupied with something else. There is a chance that if Nightwing would have stayed it would have turned out different. I didn't know she had teamed up so much either. I've only seen her run solo. I don't really have much else to say LOL. I was just trying to spark debate.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Gambler: There is a difference in Nightwing and DD though. A big one in fact and plus she didn't defeat Nightwing, she kicked him once and then his time was occupied with something else. There is a chance that if Nightwing would have stayed it would have turned out different. I didn't know she had teamed up so much either. I've only seen her run solo. I don't really have much else to say LOL. I was just trying to spark debate. "
 She kicked him once and he was down with sparkles circling over his head :P all while deflecting Connor's arrows. That's really the point I'm making. DD may not be Nightwing but its not like he isnt a street leveler who's main arsenal is comprised of Martial Arts.I agree that if Nightwing had recovered sooner and not gotten tangled up it could have turned out different. And its also possible that she could have taken em both. But, after all, Jason Todd and Batman beat Shiva together back in the day so who knows. But yeah, she's actually teamed up with alot of people and with alot of odd combinations. She was even a member of the Birds of Prey for a year.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Gambler:
I agree. I find it odd to see Shiva on a team. Who was on the Birds of Prey with her?
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Gambler: I agree. I find it odd to see Shiva on a team. Who was on the Birds of Prey with her? "
All the original members minus Black Canary. They switched lives for a year. Shiva joined the BoP and Canary went and trained under one of Shiva's first masters.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Gambler:
Wow, I might check that out.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Strafe Prower:  Its a good read, even if Shiva gets her ass handed to her by Chad/Prometheus
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Gambler:
LOL, nice.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#129  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

" @Dane said:

" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Lunacyde said:
"@k4tzm4n said:

" I think Daken is being vastly underrated here.  He should take a majority over DD.  However, I'm curious about how his "disappearing act" would work against Daredevil's radar. "

Shouldn't be too effective considering it's based on sight, while DD uses all his senses in a 360 view. I think depending on how arrogant Daken gets, DD could possibly take him down although Daken is more dangerous than some are letting on. "

I figured it wouldn't work, but I'm still curious how it would appear to Daredevil, since he can LITERALLY vanish when people (Deadpool, Cyber) were looking directly at him.  So, I'm wondering if Daredevil would just find it funny that Daken tried to run around him, or if Daken could do such and Daredevil would have a slight difficutly following him.  I'm sure he'd be fine following him, I guess it's just an interesting thing to think about for me.  But yeah, I think people are REALLY underestimating Daken's fighting abilities. He by no means requires the pheromones or lacing to dish out a beating. "
I won't take sides here, thankfully I don't need to. But I would say I didn't use current Daken with pheromones 'cause I'd say without I doubt he would solo team 1 with pheromones. If he can mask his scent using pheromones to trick a person's senses I think he could play havoc with DD's tracking abilities and throw Connor way off his game and thats before he even attacks them. I think Daken is getting a bit low balled but I'm confident someone will post some of his showings to put the balance back. I think either side could have a good argument for/against though. "

Daken allegedly didn't even use the pheromones against Cyber or Deadpool.  Cyber, apparently because it was before he knew of the ability.  However, I dispute it could be him passively using the pheromones, completely unaware.  Deadpool, he simply claims it's a trick he knows.  IIRC, he stated something like he "knows" where his foe is looking, and the trick is to simply not be there.  However, one COULD dispute this was just banter and he was indeed using the pheromones.  There's no way to know for sure, but it's fair to assume he can pull off the trick without the pheromones because of this. "

He did not use his pheromones against Wade, and against Cyber, he could not control them yet. Which means, he could make a person feel the way he himself (Daken) felt at the time, but not manipulate their senses, or perceptions. As such, the feat is valid.

I'll reply to other things as I see fit, since I arrived rather late to the thread.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Morpheus_ said:
"

I'll reply to other things as I see fit, since I arrived rather late to the thread.
"

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Strafe Prower

LOL
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Gambler said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"

"

"
 Awesome.

I just read through the thread, and I have to say Dane did a pretty good job presenting Daken's skills in the past two pages, so I don't have much to add on that aspect, unless required, of course.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Wish I could use that as my avatar

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
You can always use a pic from that. Not the same thing, but it's close.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Yeah, without the motion the whole thing falls apart lol

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Strafe Prower

It was a pretty good thread and debate IMO
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
It's ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Strafe Prower

I see that.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By dane
@Morpheus_: Meh, I just dumped some scans since people were selling Daken a bit short.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @Morpheus_: Meh, I just dumped some scans since people were selling Daken a bit short. "
That's an understatement, both of your effort, and of the people that were selling him short. LOL.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By dane
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Dane said:
" @Morpheus_: Meh, I just dumped some scans since people were selling Daken a bit short. "
That's an understatement, both of your effort, and of the people that were selling him short. LOL. "
meh, I think both sides have advantages. Daken ain't going down easy either way though. I don't think anyone here would go down easy.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By beatboks1

First an apology.  When I was on line last night it was after a 12 hr day and 2 and 1/2 hr drive home due to traffic, so I may have rambled a little and not made my point clearly. Which having re-read most of my posts I realize I didn't. on that

@Dane

said:

" @beatboks1: Non-canon cross-overs are meaningless. Stop lowballing Shiva. If your big feat for DD is Batman's opinion then you should know Batman said Shiva was the greatest martial artist on Earth. That includes him fyi. "

I'm aware of Shiva's skill. I'm also aware being an accomplished martial artist and former 18 year veteran ( S.A.S, 165 confirmed kills in battle admittedly only 71 of them in H2H but I was a 4th level marksman and team sniper) that martial skill does not always equal best fighter.
If it did than I wouldn't have rated Conner so lowly and stated that he was over rated.
The combat ability of any combatant comes down to a combination of factors of which skill is only one. The others being  tactical ability, intent, commitment,  and  mindset.

tactical ability  - pretty self explanatory its the ability to see what you can use to your advantage in the surrounding terrain, or the actions and reactions of the opponent. Someone with a good tactical ability and lower martial skill will trump someone with greater martial skill and lower  tactical ability. Obviously Shiva has this as well as martial skill.
Intent - someone with a killer attitude or a no fear of death attitude( no holes bared take no prisoners etc/ do anything in the face of danger) is going to have an intimidating presence and therefore make an enemy more likely to make a mistake. Someone with such a presence is always going to be more effective in combat. A perfect example would be gunfighters of the American west. The actual speed on the draw was only about 30% of what made a good gunfighter. The other 70% had to do with having enough guts to take the time to aim once you drew the gun. Bottom line, if you miss with your first shot no matter how slow the other guy is he's going to fire before you cock the hammer and fire again. Fast gunfighters lost when they were intimidated by others with a greater rep and rushed.   The killer instinct trumps the first two, hence my low rating of Conner. this is also in Shiva's favor but equally in Matt's and Daken's  ( Matt doesn't kill often but he has the intimidation factor on his side to the same level)
Commitment - this always plays a major role in any conflict. The proponent prepared to go the furthest  will always win , never any doubt. That is why freedom has always won the day in the end. Tyrants rule as long as they intimidate only enough as to not give those who serve them a reason to fear death or punishment less than them. In the end freedom becomes worth dying for so intimidation is trumped.
Mindset - the final and ultimate trump card. The coolest head always prevails. This some times come from shear confidence in ones own abilities. The icy cold ( which usually come more from belief) one can't loose. That is to say if you can "keep your head while others about you are loosing theirs" you will promote tactical ability up above intent. The type of people capable of this are usually the most committed . They are cool always analytical superior combatants prepared to go to any length. I had believed the only comic martial artist street level heroes who fit this mold ( the icy cold believer in a purpose) were Bruce, Mat, Steve and Ta'challa. While the cool heads due to confidence included the likes of Logan, Ben Turner, R Dragon, Shiva, Deadpool, Frank Castle. Having now seen some of the posted fights of Daken I now see he can be added to this list.

The reason I believe that Matt would beat Shiva easily is that Shiva would be equal to or just below Matt in martial skill and tactics but the advantage she noramlly gains through intimidation is lost. Her commitment is much less than that of Matt and she has no more a killer attitude ( a willing to be killed attitude to win which Matt has shown like forever matches Shiva's ferocity). In the end the fact that she would in no way intimidate Matt would be intimidating to her in the sense that it would undermine her own confince. 

On the topic of Matt VS Daken may I first point out to thaose firing salvos at me last night I never actuall said that Matt would beat Daken. Most of my posts only stated that Mat was being underrated. The closest I came was in sayin something like "I'd SAY (my Opinion) Matt would win but wmight take more than he's ever had to do". I now say having read more than a few pages here and there on the web that it would be a close match that I couldn't pick the winner of. 

My overall assessment has changed due to the fact that I believe in this match Conner is a non event and couldn't last long against either he would be of very littel help to Matt. Matt could take either and could do well if someone more likely to go the distance was backing his play. He'd drag this fight out for quite a while but in the end succumb to exhaustion if his opponents didn't get the best of him.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By beatboks1

And once again I feel like a thread killer. anyone got some new life for this thread ???

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@beatboks1 said:
" First an apology.  When I was on line last night it was after a 12 hr day and 2 and 1/2 hr drive home due to traffic, so I may have rambled a little and not made my point clearly. Which having re-read most of my posts I realize I didn't. on that

@Dane

said:

" @beatboks1: Non-canon cross-overs are meaningless. Stop lowballing Shiva. If your big feat for DD is Batman's opinion then you should know Batman said Shiva was the greatest martial artist on Earth. That includes him fyi. "

I'm aware of Shiva's skill. I'm also aware being an accomplished martial artist and former 18 year veteran ( S.A.S, 165 confirmed kills in battle admittedly only 71 of them in H2H but I was a 4th level marksman and team sniper) that martial skill does not always equal best fighter.
If it did than I wouldn't have rated Conner so lowly and stated that he was over rated.
The combat ability of any combatant comes down to a combination of factors of which skill is only one. The others being  tactical ability, intent, commitment,  and  mindset.

tactical ability  - pretty self explanatory its the ability to see what you can use to your advantage in the surrounding terrain, or the actions and reactions of the opponent. Someone with a good tactical ability and lower martial skill will trump someone with greater martial skill and lower  tactical ability. Obviously Shiva has this as well as martial skill.
Intent - someone with a killer attitude or a no fear of death attitude( no holes bared take no prisoners etc/ do anything in the face of danger) is going to have an intimidating presence and therefore make an enemy more likely to make a mistake. Someone with such a presence is always going to be more effective in combat. A perfect example would be gunfighters of the American west. The actual speed on the draw was only about 30% of what made a good gunfighter. The other 70% had to do with having enough guts to take the time to aim once you drew the gun. Bottom line, if you miss with your first shot no matter how slow the other guy is he's going to fire before you cock the hammer and fire again. Fast gunfighters lost when they were intimidated by others with a greater rep and rushed.   The killer instinct trumps the first two, hence my low rating of Conner. this is also in Shiva's favor but equally in Matt's and Daken's  ( Matt doesn't kill often but he has the intimidation factor on his side to the same level)
Commitment - this always plays a major role in any conflict. The proponent prepared to go the furthest  will always win , never any doubt. That is why freedom has always won the day in the end. Tyrants rule as long as they intimidate only enough as to not give those who serve them a reason to fear death or punishment less than them. In the end freedom becomes worth dying for so intimidation is trumped.
Mindset - the final and ultimate trump card. The coolest head always prevails. This some times come from shear confidence in ones own abilities. The icy cold ( which usually come more from belief) one can't loose. That is to say if you can "keep your head while others about you are loosing theirs" you will promote tactical ability up above intent. The type of people capable of this are usually the most committed . They are cool always analytical superior combatants prepared to go to any length. I had believed the only comic martial artist street level heroes who fit this mold ( the icy cold believer in a purpose) were Bruce, Mat, Steve and Ta'challa. While the cool heads due to confidence included the likes of Logan, Ben Turner, R Dragon, Shiva, Deadpool, Frank Castle. Having now seen some of the posted fights of Daken I now see he can be added to this list.  The reason I believe that Matt would beat Shiva easily is that Shiva would be equal to or just below Matt in martial skill and tactics but the advantage she noramlly gains through intimidation is lost. Her commitment is much less than that of Matt and she has no more a killer attitude ( a willing to be killed attitude to win which Matt has shown like forever matches Shiva's ferocity). In the end the fact that she would in no way intimidate Matt would be intimidating to her in the sense that it would undermine her own confince.   On the topic of Matt VS Daken may I first point out to thaose firing salvos at me last night I never actuall said that Matt would beat Daken. Most of my posts only stated that Mat was being underrated. The closest I came was in sayin something like "I'd SAY (my Opinion) Matt would win but wmight take more than he's ever had to do". I now say having read more than a few pages here and there on the web that it would be a close match that I couldn't pick the winner of.   My overall assessment has changed due to the fact that I believe in this match Conner is a non event and couldn't last long against either he would be of very littel help to Matt. Matt could take either and could do well if someone more likely to go the distance was backing his play. He'd drag this fight out for quite a while but in the end succumb to exhaustion if his opponents didn't get the best of him. "
I think Lady Shiva and Daken will work better together.Conner not having DD's powers puts him at a major disadvantage.I think if Matt was fighting Daken and only Daken he would win but because he has to worry about and look out for someone else he would do worse.Look back at his fight against Ghostmaker.Elektra trying to help him actually made things worse.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#145  Edited By Nighthunter

team 2

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

NIGHTHUNTER!?

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#147  Edited By velle37
@Gambler said:
"Connor never stalemated Shiva. He fought well, but she won and was even about to kill him at the end. He needed (cant remember if it was Nightwing or Robin) to talk her out of it. He was ass out on the floor lol "

Tim was trained by Shiva and asked Shiva to not kill Connor as a favor to him. Shiva agreed not to kill Connor, but said Tim would have to return a favor to her later. I think it was in the form of a death match.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By beatboks1
@Vance Astro said:

I think Lady Shiva and Daken will work better together.Conner not having DD's powers puts him at a major disadvantage.I think if Matt was fighting Daken and only Daken he would win but because he has to worry about and look out for someone else he would do worse.Look back at his fight against Ghostmaker.Elektra trying to help him actually made things worse. "
I agree %100. In solo fights Matt could take either ( in the case of Daken he would definitely have to work for it). He would probably fair better against the two of them without back up than with Conner as that back up. If on the other had he was teamed with somone who had more intensity in combat ( e.g Bruce, Steve, T'challa, Danny Rand, Ben Turner) I could definitely see it going the other way.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@beatboks1 said:
" The reason I believe that Matt would beat Shiva easily is that Shiva would be equal to or just below Matt in martial skill and tactics but the advantage she noramlly gains through intimidation is lost. Her commitment is much less than that of Matt and she has no more a killer attitude ( a willing to be killed attitude to win which Matt has shown like forever matches Shiva's ferocity). In the end the fact that she would in no way intimidate Matt would be intimidating to her in the sense that it would undermine her own confince.   . "
I  couldnt disagree more. Shiva doesnt get intimidated nor does she depend on her opponent's intimidation. She's easily as skilled as DDif not more so. I'd say her killer attitude is well above DD's, and she has a body count to back it up. In fact being killed by Shiva is considered an honor, she only kills foes she deems as worthy (worthy meaning they gave her one hell of a fight. Which helps disprove the being intimidated theory). The only thing DD not being intermediate would do is gain Shiva's respect. The only fights she does not commit herself fully to are against scrubs and people below her level. Fighting is her life, its all she lives for. So her lack of commitment would be a non-factor here. DD might be able to beat her, but it wouldn't be because of the reasons listed.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Gambler said:
" @beatboks1 said:
" The reason I believe that Matt would beat Shiva easily is that Shiva would be equal to or just below Matt in martial skill and tactics but the advantage she noramlly gains through intimidation is lost. Her commitment is much less than that of Matt and she has no more a killer attitude ( a willing to be killed attitude to win which Matt has shown like forever matches Shiva's ferocity). In the end the fact that she would in no way intimidate Matt would be intimidating to her in the sense that it would undermine her own confince.   . "
I  couldnt disagree more. Shiva doesnt get intimidated nor does she depend on her opponent's intimidation. She's easily as skilled as DDif not more so. I'd say her killer attitude is well above DD's, and she has a body count to back it up. In fact being killed by Shiva is considered an honor, she only kills foes she deems as worthy (worthy meaning they gave her one hell of a fight. Which helps disprove the being intimidated theory). The only thing DD not being intermediate would do is gain Shiva's respect. The only fights she does not commit herself fully to are against scrubs and people below her level. Fighting is her life, its all she lives for. So her lack of commitment would be a non-factor here. DD might be able to beat her, but it wouldn't be because of the reasons listed. "
She's definitely more skilled than DD.The only real advantage he has over her is radar sense.