#1 Posted by 106me (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante

No Caption Provided

VERSUS

Darth Sidious

No Caption Provided

RULES

- Non-canon feats allowed for both (excluding cross overs)

- Morals off

- Starting distance: 500 Feet

- All equipment and abilities are allowed

- Fight to the death

No Caption Provided

*Note* If this battle becomes one-sided, I will support characters with feats or I'll add more stipulations to the thread.

Mood setter:

Dante would approve.

And just for Sidious.

BEGIN

#2 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

Oboy.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#3 Posted by echostarlord117 (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

What...? Unless there's something I don't know about Dante, EU Sidious curbstomps.

#4 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious.

#5 Edited by NuclearRebirth (680 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me:

This thread could explode at any moment...

I'm gonna call it a tie.

#6 Posted by 106me (3732 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Bat_Siri (2582 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine Wins...

#8 Edited by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

Sidious.

And wow this thread LMAO.

#9 Edited by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz if you need a laugh.

@echostarlord117 said:

What...? Unless there's something I don't know about Dante, EU Sidious curbstomps.

OP is banking on the off canon feats for Dante to save the day. Mainly MVC 3 and Shin megami tensei and he trying to rustle a certain vine user jimmies.

#10 Posted by echostarlord117 (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

@jestersmiles said:

@echostarlord117 said:

OP is banking on the off canon feats for Dante to save the day. Mainly MVC 3 and Shin megami tensei and he trying to rustle a certain vine user jimmies.

Lol The Vine would be a better place if there were less jimmy rustlers.

#11 Posted by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@jestersmiles said:

@echostarlord117 said:

Lol The Vine would be a better place if there were less jimmy rustlers.

Tell me about it. xD

#13 Posted by 106me (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: @jestersmiles:

@echostarlord117: I said no crossover feats. I gave Sidious the advantage here.

@jestersmiles: You don't even know what sidious' feats are. For the last time, get out of these Dante threads.

#14 Edited by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me said:

@echostarlord117: @jestersmiles:

@jestersmiles: You don't even know what sidious' feats are. For the last time, get out of these Dante threads.

Says who? You? Funny since I am buddies with big star wars fans on the vine but I guess you can read minds now. LOL w/e have fun trying to rustle @sirfizzwhizz.

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
#15 Posted by Purple_D_Dragon (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Sidious, but I haven't play DMC.... can Dante win this?

#16 Posted by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me said:

BTW I go where I please when I please , you are nobody to tell me where I can or can not post. Get the frack down from your high horse you have done nothing to deserve to be on one.

#17 Edited by echostarlord117 (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me said:

I mean, there is no reason to give him the advantage in the first place. That's like giving Superman the advantage in a Superman vs. Aquaman fight. Palpatine is out of Dante's league.

#18 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

Sidious.

@bat_siri said:

Palpatine Wins...

^

@sirfizzwhizz if you need a laugh.

@echostarlord117 said:

The only issue is Bangle of Time/Quicksilver, but that is not standard gear no matter how Dante fanboys wish it were.

Avatar image for de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh
#19 Posted by De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh (668 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

RULES

- Non-canon feats allowed for both (excluding cross overs)

- Morals off

- Starting distance: 500 Feet

- All equipment and abilities are allowed

- Fight to the death

Uhh you should read the rules. Obviously bangle of time + quicksilver is not standard gear I don't even know why some people claim it is. However TC has said that all equipment is allowed so yeah Quicksilver and BOT is now legit. Non canon Dante's are allowed but SMT Dante is removed due to him being a crossover character in that game.

Dante wins the fight due to quicksilver hax unfortunately.

#20 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh:

Uhh you should read the rules.

No shit, I did. "The only issue is Bangle of Time/Quicksilver"

Obviously bangle of time + quicksilver is not standard gear I don't even know why some people claim it is.

That is what I was b!thing about.

However TC has said that all equipment is allowed so yeah Quicksilver and BOT is now legit. Non canon Dante's are allowed but SMT Dante is removed due to him being a crossover character in that game.

Thats fine, Sidious still wins, but as I said, "The only issue is Bangle of Time/Quicksilver"

Dante wins the fight due to quicksilver hax unfortunately.

Not really. Bangle of time is worse, but even with Quicksilver, I dont see him by passing the Precog Sidious will have before he usus it, and a Sidious TK shield can defend him fine. Personally Dante is barely above Mach 25, while Sidious is faster by consistent, and stated speed, and light speed reaction on top of that. So IMO Sidious can counter Dante well before he uses anything.

#21 Posted by De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh (668 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

How can pre cog help Sidious if he has no real way of preventing the future at hand.

I don't see how Sidious could stop Dante from using quicksilver at all. Plus with the amount of time Dante has its the only thing he really needs. Being able to move at mach 25 would cover the distance horrendously quick and allow him to cut him up with Yamoto or Jackpot bullet him away.

#22 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Sidious going to even hurt Dante?

• Force Lightning isn`t going to work, Dante`s resisted much more potent forms of energy, lightning and electricity during his career.
  • Force Crush will not overpower his healing factor and DT will cancel it out.
  • Force Storm seems more like a good probability but Dante has time manipulation and has no problems flying through space at high-speeds he can avoid it.

Dante is actually faster, its just that Palpatine has precognition which is different than having relativistic reaction-time. And it doesn`t matter considering it won`t save him from the effects of Dante`s time manipulation.

#23 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh: Sdiopus is faster than mach 25 by alot. and with precog, he can just erect his TK Barrier which is strong enough to match grandmasters Luke. something Dante has no way to penetrate. Or Sidious can TK Dante from the start, or mind rape from the start. So even if Dante has quicksilver, he needs the time to activate it before Sidious attacks knowing what is likely coming, and Dante needs to find a way to by pass the TK abuse offensively and defensively.

#24 Posted by De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh (668 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh said:

@neongamewave: What Dante will do to Force Lightning

No Caption Provided

Oh you mean that one time he only did that and never showed done again and the force behind that is unknown oh wait I do know

Loading Video...

oh look it made a crack.....son so powerful......

No Caption Provided

You dante wankers are beyond sad.

#26 Edited by Reno117 (2933 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

• Force Lightning isn`t going to work, Dante`s resisted much more potent forms of energy, lightning and electricity during his career.
  • Force Storm seems more like a good probability but Dante has time manipulation and has no problems flying through space at high-speeds he can avoid it.

Dante is actually faster, its just that Palpatine has precognition which is different than having relativistic reaction-time. And it doesn`t matter considering it won`t save him from the effects of Dante`s time manipulation.

This is what exatclyI was thinking of posting.

Dante takes this easily.

#27 Posted by De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh (668 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Yamoto is capable of cutting through anything my friend. TK barriers are butter compared to it.

No Caption Provided

Yes DMC3 Vergil who is weaker than prime Dante managed to slice through a dimensional plane and enter into it. Allowing himself to aid Dante against Arkham. The cut was not in the previous cut scenes meaning Vergil had to enter through the dimensional cut he put into it.

Also Yamoto is able of going through telepathic illusions completley negating any sort of mind rape. Vergil was mind raped by a hell sin named Pride he then managed to slice his way out of the illusion no joke.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dante counters TK barriers and Mind Rape.

You can say that these are Vergil's feats but Dante in his prime is stronger than Vergil physically and mentally. Even being able to go through Nightmares silent hill esque dimensions.

@jestersmiles Not very classy my friend. Dante still managed to deflect a projectile regardless of strength or how frequently he uses it.

#28 Edited by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh: Me being classy to one of the 3 dante stooges is never going to happen so deal with it.

Not very classy my friend. Dante still managed to deflect a projectile regardless of strength or how frequently he uses it.

Of course frequency means something you $%# heel. That why when battles are made something know as in character or out of character is used. That like saying in character thor would fight like out of character thor. jesus this the vine basic, yet you call me the bad debater. So don't come spewing crap that frequency does not matter , because it does.

Congrats to Dante defecting something that with the same firepower as a pea shooter. Gold star.

#29 Posted by De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh (668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jestersmiles:

''Me being classy to one of the 3 dante stooges is never going to happen so deal with it.'' Ouch that one hurt.

''Of course frequency means something you $%# heel'' Direct insult that's gonna have to make me flag you. Sorry against Vine rules.

Dante still managed to pull this feat of regardless. He deflected a projectile he has done it end of.

#30 Edited by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

@jestersmiles:

''Me being classy to one of the 3 dante stooges is never going to happen so deal with it.'' Ouch that one hurt.

''Of course frequency means something you $%# heel'' Direct insult that's gonna have to make me flag you. Sorry against Vine rules.

Dante still managed to pull this feat of regardless. He deflected a projectile he has done it end of.

Feel free to flag it be as useful as that stupid feat you just posted. :)

#31 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Yamoto is capable of cutting through anything my friend. TK barriers are butter compared to it.

No Caption Provided

Yes DMC3 Vergil who is weaker than prime Dante managed to slice through a dimensional plane and enter into it. Allowing himself to aid Dante against Arkham. The cut was not in the previous cut scenes meaning Vergil had to enter through the dimensional cut he put into it.

Also Yamoto is able of going through telepathic illusions completley negating any sort of mind rape. Vergil was mind raped by a hell sin named Pride he then managed to slice his way out of the illusion no joke.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You can say that these are Vergil's feats but Dante in his prime is stronger than Vergil physically and mentally. Even being able to go through Nightmares silent hill esque dimensions.

1) I can understand yammato cutting through TK Barriers, so I will give ya that, but he cannot draw Yammato if Sidious uses TK to incap him. so there is that still to deal with.

2) Illusions are not mental rape. Shutting down the mind or mind control has nothing to do with physical illusions that say Mysterio would use on Spiderman. Or physical Illusions in general. Its the information process by the brain, and Yammato is not cutting your senses in your brain workings. Its not the same.

#32 Edited by De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh (668 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1) I can understand yammato cutting through TK Barriers, so I will give ya that, but he cannot draw Yammato if Sidious uses TK to incap him. so there is that still to deal with.

2) Illusions are not mental rape. Shutting down the mind or mind control has nothing to do with physical illusions that say Mysterio would use on Spiderman. Or physical Illusions in general. Its the information process by the brain, and Yammato is not cutting your senses in your brain workings. Its not the same.

This was not a physical illusion Vergil was placed under. The Hell Pride went into his psyche and exploited his feelings of feeling powerless as an attempt to shut him down Vergil then dispatches of the skeleton army and escapes via cutting his way out. Sounds very dumb I know but this is what the scans tell us.

Its a breathe of fresh air being able to debate in this thread and not get completely insulted and have someone post extremely valid points against me. Thanks.

#33 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh:

I see, but then the question is how much quicker, and better job at it, can Sidious feats be to this characters.

Np.

#34 Posted by De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh (668 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: I have no idea then. Have characters said anything about how long it takes for the mindrape to fully take place? When Vergil cut out he was struggling a bit against the skeletons but then he overcame then and escaped the mindrape. And with Dante being a more mentally strong person its possible he can escape faster however this is conjecture and I have no real proof about it. However Quicksilver would allow Dante to get in as many hits in as he can and seeing as Rebellion could destroy reality warping objects such as the DMC4 dice it is completley possible that Rebellion can cut through Sidious.

No Caption Provided

#35 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious via TP

#36 Posted by decaf_wizard (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious is out of Dante's leauge, he wins 8-9/10

#37 Edited by echostarlord117 (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

Dante has never resisted energy output on Sidious' level. His lightning can light up the surface of a planet. It can turn battalions of Stormtroopers and Jedi Masters to fine ash and overpower the likes of Yoda. Dude, his lightning bends lightsabers.

What? Yes... yes, it will. Not that Sidious would use Force Crush anyway, but if he did, his TK is on par with Luke's which can produce gigatons of force and hold black holes. If Sidious was seriously going to Force Crush him, Dante would turn to paste in a microsecond.

No, Dante is not fast enough to dodge a planet-wide storm capable of ripping holes in the space/time continuum.

As for time manipulation, I'll need to see scans of that to gauge how well it'd help him. If it's as OP as you're making it out to be, I suppose he could just spam that and win. I doubt it, though.

Seriously? Dante isn't close to Palpatine in terms of speed. Palpatine not only has relativistic reaction time, but his duels prove that he can move at those speeds as well. Palpatine fought so fast in his fight with Mace Windu in Ep. III (not even some obscure comic, mind you) that Anakin, who sees sub-light ships move in slow motion couldn't even see him. "Dante is actually faster..." please....

You're also forgetting that Palpatine has some of the most impressive, if not the most impressive showings of TP in the Star Wars Universe. If for whatever reason Sidious can't hurt Dante physically, he could always just turn his head into mashed potatoes.

Ultimately, either I don't know some really important stuff on Dante or most of you who are supporting Dante don't know enough about Sidious. If the latter is the case, I'd be happy to help. :)

#38 Edited by echostarlord117 (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

How does that prove that Dante can cut through a Sidious' Force Barrier? Not all TK barriers are equal, friend.

This sounds extremely circumstantial. I'd have to see a scan of this to see it in context. Anyway, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but cutting through dimensional planes doesn't mean he can all of the sudden overpower any of Sidious' defenses. If that were the case, Dante would be a planetary+ hero... which he is not at all.

Can Pride mind-rape a population of twenty billion+ effortlessly? Sidious can. Can Pride turn Luke Skywalker, one of the most Light Side, just, and virtuous Jedi to evil? Sidious can. Can Pride cloud the minds of every Jedi in the galaxy, including Yoda's while holding office as Supreme Chancellor like it's no big deal? Sidious can. I don't think Pride's telepathy is anywhere close to Sidious'.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I mean, again, unless an in-context feat proves that the telepathy and barriers that're shown are on Sidious' tier, then it doesn't really matter.

#39 Posted by De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh (668 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

''How does that prove that Dante can cut through a Sidious' Force Barrier? Not all TK barriers are equal, friend.''

Thats your job not mine. I showed that Yamoto can slice through dimensional walls which it definatley did in the scan I put up.

''This sounds extremely circumstantial. I'd have to see a scan of this to see it in context. Anyway, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but cutting through dimensional planes doesn't mean he can all of the sudden overpower any of Sidious' defenses. If that were the case, Dante would be a planetary+ hero... which he is not at all.''

Cutting through dimensional barriers would definatley show Yamoto can cut through barriers also. Dante cant handle the cuts but thanks to health regen he comes back. Yamoto does not negate healing factors.

''Can Pride mind-rape a population of twenty billion+ effortlessly? Sidious can. Can Pride turn Luke Skywalker, one of the most Light Side, just, and virtuous Jedi to evil? Sidious can. Can Pride cloud the minds of every Jedi in the galaxy, including Yoda's while holding office as Supreme Chancellor like it's no big deal? Sidious can. I don't think Pride's telepathy is anywhere close to Sidious'.''

Umm Pride has never been in those situations and I doubt that the 20 bil plus people inc Luke had weapons that would allow themselves to be free of whatever mindrape they were put under.

Either way Yamoto can allow Dante to exit any telepathic mind rape put on him and allow him to cut through Barriers also.

#40 Posted by Ardentias (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

Just to clean up the misconception about Yamato;

How does that prove that Dante can cut through a Sidious' Force Barrier? Not all TK barriers are equal, friend.

Yamato works as a spatial cutting sword, it can did can cut through dimensional barriers, did Sidious' Force Barriers ever held back such potent cutting power? Here is the in-game description of Dante's attack which states it

This sounds extremely circumstantial. I'd have to see a scan of this to see it in context. Anyway, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but cutting through dimensional planes doesn't mean he can all of the sudden overpower any of Sidious' defenses. If that were the case,

Here is the in-game description of Dante's attack which states it can cut through dimensional barriers

No Caption Provided

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh's gif shows it on panel (cutting through dimensions) and lore wise its nothing but reasonable to say Yamato has such power given the fact Sparda used it to separate and seal away the demon world from the human world so its artifact that has dimensional properties from the get-go

Dante would be a planetary+ hero... which he is not at all.

What does this spouse to imply? I mean before asking how did you managed to correlate spatial cutting with being a planetary character when there are even street levels who has demonstrated such powers. Anyway if you meant planetary+ as in planet buster then no Dante's not on that level but if showing powers on planetary and above scales then Dante has already topped threats like that numerous times most commonly know example being Mundus, a reality warping demon who most impressively did managed to create a pocket dimension filled with planets and stars among many other things or Sparda who as I mentioned performed an at least planetary dimension sealing by sealing away the demon world from the human world, heck even Abigail, a demon who got one shotted by Dante managed to create a country sized wormhole which also dispersed all the clouds over North America upon its creation

#41 Posted by 106me (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@ardentias:

if showing powers on planetary and above scales then Dante has already topped threats like that numerous times most commonly know example being Mundus, a reality warping demon who most impressively did managed to create a pocket dimension filled with planets and stars among many other things or Sparda who as I mentioned performed an at least planetary dimension sealing by sealing away the demon world from the human world, heck even Abigail, a demon who got one shotted by Dante managed to create a country sized wormhole which also dispersed all the clouds over North America upon its creation

Yep. It's for the exact same reason Ghost Rider and other Hell Lords don't show Planet Busting feats, despite them near-stomping Herald level opponents who can bust planets.

#42 Edited by echostarlord117 (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

''How does that prove that Dante can cut through a Sidious' Force Barrier? Not all TK barriers are equal, friend.''

Thats your job not mine. I showed that Yamoto can slice through dimensional walls which it definatley did in the scan I put up.

Um, no. You have the burden of proof. You're making the positive claim that Yamato can get through Sidious' Force Barrier which therefore implies that Dante can do the same. Yet all I saw was an out of context scan that shows Yamato... cutting a purple creature? To be honest, I don't even fully understand what's going on in that GIF and how it relates to Dante being able to get through Sidious' Force Barrier.

''This sounds extremely circumstantial. I'd have to see a scan of this to see it in context. Anyway, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but cutting through dimensional planes doesn't mean he can all of the sudden overpower any of Sidious' defenses. If that were the case, Dante would be a planetary+ hero... which he is not at all.''

Cutting through dimensional barriers would definatley show Yamoto can cut through barriers also. Dante cant handle the cuts but thanks to health regen he comes back. Yamoto does not negate healing factors.

Okay, so I did a little research and found that Yamato can cut through pretty much anything via magic. And because it's magical, I'm assuming it literally means anything, unlike a lightsaber which is also said to be able to cut through "anything." Regardless, Yamato is Vergil's sword, not Dante's and he would not have nearly enough speed to tag Sidious. I mean, not even close. I'm seriously not trying to bait or be a douche-bag fanboy, he just isn't fast enough.

''Can Pride mind-rape a population of twenty billion+ effortlessly? Sidious can. Can Pride turn Luke Skywalker, one of the most Light Side, just, and virtuous Jedi to evil? Sidious can. Can Pride cloud the minds of every Jedi in the galaxy, including Yoda's while holding office as Supreme Chancellor like it's no big deal? Sidious can. I don't think Pride's telepathy is anywhere close to Sidious'.''

Umm Pride has never been in those situations and I doubt that the 20 bil plus people inc Luke had weapons that would allow themselves to be free of whatever mindrape they were put under.

Either way Yamoto can allow Dante to exit any telepathic mind rape put on him and allow him to cut through Barriers also.

Well, it doesn't matter if he's never been in those situations. If he's never demonstrated a feat, it's safe to assume that it's because he can't. Also, I don't understand that. Weapons to free themselves from telepathy? I don't think you know how the Force works...

I'd like to see a scan of Yamato making Dante immune to high-caliber telepathic attacks. Frankly, I don't even understand why we're bringing a sword that isn't a part of Dante's gear into this.

@ardentias said:

@echostarlord117:

Just to clean up the misconception about Yamato;

Yamato works as a spatial cutting sword, it can did can cut through dimensional barriers, did Sidious' Force Barriers ever held back such potent cutting power? Here is the in-game description of Dante's attack which states it

Since this is one of those "magical-cut-through-anything-PIS" swords, it doesn't really matter how great Sidious' Force Barriers or Force Shields are. It'd even cut through Superman theoretically, so I'm sure it'd slice n' dice Sidious easily... if the person wielding it could touch him, that is.

Dante would be a planetary+ hero... which he is not at all.

What does this spouse to imply? I mean before asking how did you managed to correlate spatial cutting with being a planetary character when there are even street levels who has demonstrated such powers. Anyway if you meant planetary+ as in planet buster then no Dante's not on that level but if showing powers on planetary and above scales then Dante has already topped threats like that numerous times most commonly know example being Mundus, a reality warping demon who most impressively did managed to create a pocket dimension filled with planets and stars among many other things or Sparda who as I mentioned performed an at least planetary dimension sealing by sealing away the demon world from the human world, heck even Abigail, a demon who got one shotted by Dante managed to create a country sized wormhole which also dispersed all the clouds over North America upon its creation

Listen, the reason I said that was because I assumed y'all were saying that HE cut through a dimension. As in, it was by his own power and strength that he was able to cut into another dimension kind of how Darkseid was able to rip open holes to other universes with his bare hands. I looked it up and realized that it's just a magical sword that can do stuff like that. My bad.

Guys, instead of talking about Yamato which I'm guessing is irrelevant 'cause it ain't even Dante's sword, why not show me scans proving that Dante can keep up with Sidious, or that he could resist ANY of Sidious' Force techniques ranging from planetary drain to planetary Force Storms to galactic telepathy. The only real thing that Dante has going for him is this time manipulation thing, so I don't get why that isn't the subject of debate here. If I were you, that'd be one of the first scans I post.

EDIT: The OP states all equipment allowed so I get why Yamato was brought up. Still, unless I see a speed feat that puts him in Sidious' level, Yamato's gonna be useless.

#43 Posted by De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh (668 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

Dante completley stops time

No Caption Provided

Dante has dodged laser beams which to my knowledge moves at FTL. Dante has flown through space at extremley high speeds due to the sparda sword.

No Caption Provided
#44 Edited by echostarlord117 (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

Dante completley stops time

No Caption Provided

Well, I guess since he can have the Bangle of Time thing in this fight, so long as he has enough Devil Trigger runes, he can stop time for Sidious. An argument could be made, though, that Sidious would react to Dante before that happened. After all, Sidious has precognition and can actually see a substantial distance into the future so he'd just speedblitz him before he uses BoT. But as it stands, Dante has much more of a chance simply because of this.

Dante has dodged laser beams which to my knowledge moves at FTL. Dante has flown through space at extremley high speeds due to the sparda sword.

No Caption Provided

Lasers are not FTL, man... where'd you get that info?

Anyway, damn, manga scans are so freakin' hard to follow. Look, all I see are blurs so there's no real definition of what "extremely high speeds" are. Sidious' relativistic speed can be proven. Dante is just shown to move at blurring speeds which doesn't mean much. Spider-Man moves that fast. Hell, Batman can sometimes appear as a blur to the average human.

EDIT: So, I just read about the Quicksilver Style which allows Dante to move at "lightning fast speeds," but once again, Sidious can fight at relativistic speeds which means he can move a significant fraction of the speed of light. If we want to take what was likely a hyperbole literally, then lightning bolts travel at around 224,000 miles per hour. That's very fast, indeed. However, light itself travels at 186,282 miles per second. It's not even comparable.

#45 Edited by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

Dante has never resisted energy output on Sidious' level. His lightning can light up the surface of a planet. It can turn battalions of Stormtroopers and Jedi Masters to fine ash and overpower the likes of Yoda. Dude, his lightning bends lightsabers.

Yes he has. What has Sidious done that can even measure up to Dante? Cool but its never been tested against a healing factor such as Dante`s, Wolverine would survive it and even probably Deadpool. Also, its not like he would be able to tag Dante who has the better speed of the two. Also, defeating Storm troopers and fodder Jedi doesn`t mean much.

Also.....Dante has Royal Guard:

Loading Video...

What? Yes... yes, it will. Not that Sidious would use Force Crush anyway, but if he did, his TK is on par with Luke's which can produce gigatons of force and hold black holes. If Sidious was seriously going to Force Crush him, Dante would turn to paste in a microsecond.

Which has context and that doesn`t matter because DT (Devil Trigger) nullifies those kind of effects anyway so it wouldn`t happen. Lol, not happening and the thing is, Dante could turn Sidious to ash with Pandora`s Omen (the big bright supernatural flash).

Loading Video...

No, Dante is not fast enough to dodge a planet-wide storm capable of ripping holes in the space/time continuum.

Ah...Yes he is....

Loading Video...

He faced a real dark lord that goes by the name Mundus. Basically he`s the devil of the DMC universe and he created a pocket dimension for him, and Dante to do battle in. This pocket dimension contained a galaxy, planet and endless void, Dante can avoid it also Sidious doesn`t just go straight to using Force Storms anyway unless he`s out of reach since it could affect him too.

As for time manipulation, I'll need to see scans of that to gauge how well it'd help him. If it's as OP as you're making it out to be, I suppose he could just spam that and win. I doubt it, though.

And he will, also I`m glad you asked.

Loading Video...

Seriously? Dante isn't close to Palpatine in terms of speed. Palpatine not only has relativistic reaction time, but his duels prove that he can move at those speeds as well. Palpatine fought so fast in his fight with Mace Windu in Ep. III (not even some obscure comic, mind you) that Anakin, who sees sub-light ships move in slow motion couldn't even see him. "Dante is actually faster..." please....

Based on what? A lot of Palpatine`s feats along with other SW characters is conjecture and over-exaggerated as it is taken out-of-context he has precognition that allows him to react the way he does most of those characters are super sonic-hyper sonic at best. Dante is massively hypersonic, has teleportation and a few FTL feats to his name. I don`t see why Dante wouldn`t be able to replicate that feat but just in terms of pure reaction, reflex, movement speed and etc., Dante takes the cake.

You're also forgetting that Palpatine has some of the most impressive, if not the most impressive showings of TP in the Star Wars Universe. If for whatever reason Sidious can't hurt Dante physically, he could always just turn his head into mashed potatoes.

I knew this was coming...The problem with that theory is that it lines up with "quantity over quality" while Sidious has been able to TP billions of nameless and fodder Jedi across the galaxy it doesn`t mean he can outmatch the will of someone like Dante his TP has never been tested against a character like Dante before lower-level mutants who in the general sense wouldn`t be able to beat Palpatine have more noteworthy feats with other characters when it comes to being able to engage in TP battles.

Ultimately, either I don't know some really important stuff on Dante or most of you who are supporting Dante don't know enough about Sidious. If the latter is the case, I'd be happy to help. :)

The funny thing is that I have been involved in many threads with the topic being Dante vs Palpatine and I don`t really feel like explaining myself for the hundredth time really. I know enough of Sidious and the SW EU to know that he can`t beat Dante while most of the time, most people on the Vine never have really understood the DMC Lore.

If you want speed and telepathy-themed resistance feats, or anything else the following threads will help =D

• http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/dante-ultimate-respect-thread-1632052/
  • http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/dante-ultimate-respect-thread-2-1632631/
  • http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-dante-vs-the-seven-deadly-sins-1662113/

Now in regards to Dante vs Sidious, I`ve been there and done that, too many times to even count.....

• http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-palpatine-comicstooge-vs-dante-neongamewave-vo-1477106/
  • http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/dante-vs-palpatine-750724/
  • http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/dante-and-vergil-vs-yoda-and-palpatine-1695732/

#46 Posted by Ardentias (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

Since this is one of those "magical-cut-through-anything-PIS" swords, it doesn't really matter how great Sidious' Force Barriers or Force Shields are. It'd even cut through Superman theoretically, so I'm sure it'd slice n' dice Sidious easily... if the person wielding it could touch him, that is.

I wouldn't call it a PIS when its completely reasonable when its lore is taken into consideration that also has a completely explainable context and has nothing to do on theoretical basis, spatial cutting is a common power and a concept in fiction as for Superman that's a different topic as to my knowledge he showed space/time resistance though I wouldn't like to state out anything for good as I am not a expert on him but Thanos would be a solid example for handling Yamato when you consider he's extremely resilient to reality warping

No Caption Provided

why not show me scans proving that Dante can keep up with Sidious, or that he could resist ANY of Sidious' Force techniques ranging from planetary drain to planetary Force Storms to galactic telepathy. The only real thing that Dante has going for him is this time manipulation thing, so I don't get why that isn't the subject of debate here. If I were you, that'd be one of the first scans I post.

I only replied to you for clearing out the misconception about Yamato, I never made any comments in regards to the outcome of the battle as I don't know much about Sidious nor his feats though neon seems to have speed department covered

#47 Posted by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: @ardentias: Baggle of time/Quicksilver+Yamato+Royal Guard x Majin DT= Dante wins

@neongamewave: What Dante will do to Force Lightning

No Caption Provided

Oh you mean that one time he only did that and never showed done again and the force behind that is unknown oh wait I do know

Yes and then got 3x stronger in later incarnations

Loading Video...

oh look it made a crack.....son so powerful......

No Caption Provided

You dante wankers are beyond sad.

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

Dante murderstomps Abigail through sheer strength and Abigail wasn`t only a rival to Mundus in power although that power was not 100% maximized because of the user of the power being Sid a amateur demon who was lurking around and craving for power. Abigail like Mundus is aplanetary+ powerhouse as he himself confirmed that he can rule Earth and the Demon World. AT THE VERY LEAST this demon was busting skyscrapers, creating nuke-like level explosions, blowing up parts of an entire city and affecting the world`s weather as well as clouds on acontinental level. Dante with a microscopic portion of Devil Trigger overpowers Abigail to the point in which Sid is depowered and loses the godlike power as he is reverted to his normal state, also Dante was able to go head to head with this demon for a couple of minutes and this was done through pure/sheer/clear striking strength/physicality.

Tying into Dante`s striking power and physical prowess is his signature sword Rebellion. It is the literal and linear line of definition when it comes to Dante`s godlike power-level when awakened with his demon blood it is in full bondage to Dante`s spirit/soul/being/willpower so this sword is nigh-unbreakable since you would have to break Dante`s physical manifestation of utter underestimated untouchable willpower and inner-most being in order for you to consider in breaking Rebellion so Dante`s striking power and physical strength is more than the words immense, immeasurable, unstoppable, immovable and undeniable.

Loading Video...

Dante reacts to the lightning demon Blitz who is the EMBODIMENT of lightning and it was responsible for all of the lightning storms.

Loading Video...

10:20 - 10:40 - Arius conjures streams of dark energy/magic RIGHT IN FRONT OF BOTH DANTE AND LUCIA but Dante still avoids the attack while holding Lucia, and Dante in an instant transforms into Devil Trigger as he avoids another explosion just inches away.

Loading Video...

Dodges the Nefasturris` first attack and this a skyscraper level demon who fires light energies also Dante was still able to land safely onto a platform and duck his head EVEN AFTER the demon managed to fire its laser-light energy beam

Loading Video...

Dante saves Lucia before Arius` light attack could reach her although this is argued quite alot its easy to explain.

1) Lucia was completely vulnerable and kept under bondage by Arius` magic. Dante released her bonds before the light could hit her which is why there was a flicker once the attack hit the wall and LEFT A BLACK MARK this is something that is overlooked every time.

2) The light clearly refracted which light based on science does. There is no illumination that contradicts with the attack being a light attack as explained in point 1.

3) Arius as an adept magician displayed multiple forms of elemental control which includes mastery over darkness, fire and etc.

4) What makes the feat more impressive is the distance in which Dante is positioned he is behind Arius` desk and Arius himself was MUCH closer to Lucia than Dante was and he fired the attack before Dante moved yet Dante still managed to rescue Lucia before the light could hit.

Dante is faster. Stronger,and has an HF. He has a counter for everything Sidious can throw at him. Plus Royal Guard.

#48 Posted by noah_ouellette (3496 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious wrecks. Dante is hypersonic at best.

#49 Posted by DevilGamer (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante not only will rape Sidious, he probably will destroy the Death Star too.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
#50 Posted by TheSilentRipper (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

bump