Dante (Devil May Cry) Vs. Dormammu

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By NeonGameWave

@KingofComix: Yu Yu Hakusho characters wouldn`t win but they could at least help. What are Eternity`s impressive combat feats? I`m going to add in DBZ, and you should read my edited post, I even said Dormammu could easily walk away and have them killed by his faltine flames.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave said:

@Death Certificate: They are walking magical powerhouses. Dormammu has beaten in his realm before and outside his ream could really change the tide.

So...none of the guys listed are in the same ballpark as Classic Dr Strange.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate: With the help of a godlike power called the Kingdom Hearts they could compete with Dormammu. I also mentioned the villainous characters such as Xemnas, Master Xehanort, Vanitas, Ansem and Organization 13.

Avatar image for the_mighty_beyonder
the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tjdes63 said:

Dante has entered the realm of Dormammu. He was given a job to kill him. Who wins?

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By FourthDeity

@ghost_rider1 said:

Dormammu in a massive stomp
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave said:

@Death Certificate: With the help of a godlike power called the Kingdom Hearts they could compete with Dormammu. I also mentioned the villainous characters such as Xemnas, Master Xehanort, Vanitas, Ansem and Organization 13.

That still doesn't tell me that they are more powerful than classic dr.strange.

Not to mention Dormammu has defeated the Avengers and The defenders by himself, so mentioning Yu Yu Hakusho and (LOL) yu gi oh being a threat proves you know nothing about Dormammu.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate: You did not read my post carefully, I even mentioned the fact that Dormammu could walk away easily while the Yu Yu Hakusho characters are left on the floor dead by his faltine flames and do you even know the KH characters enough to make a fair judgement? How do you know they wouldn`t be able to take on Dormammu? I did not say they are on the same level as Classic Dr. Strange, I said they could at least compete with Dormammu who is not in the Dark Dimension. Dormammu has been outsmarted and had his power stripped by his own sister and has been defeated by Eternity who I believe was not at full power. I know Dormammu pretty well. Are you going to bring up the Living Tribunal arguments? About when Classic Dr. Strange was able to surprise him by reversing a containment spell? If the Final Fantasy characters could defeat Dormammu, I don`t see how the Kingdom Hearts characters would be any different. I said Yugi-Oh with further assistance from other anime characters and Yugi becoming Atuma will be an interesting battle as the Egyptian Gods were at their prime when he fought against Bakura back in the Egyptian times, and the Gods together are invincibly infinite, and I did not even count the Earth Bound Immortals from Yugi-Oh 5D`s who are possibly far above.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave: 1) Kefla cannot beat dormammu

2) Trying to use Eternity as an attempt to downplay dormammu is faceplam worthy

3) Final Fantasy>>>>>>>Kingdom hearts

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Batman solos

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hell is this even being debated?

Dormammu destroys Dante in a nod.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate:

1) Kefka can stalemate Dormammu as he is the God of Magic while in God Mode as he becomes God Mode Kefka, when did I say beat? And what would happen if he were to team up with Safer Sephiroth, The Emperor, Ultimecia, Garland and Terra? Now they would triumph epically.

2) I mentioned Eternity because many claim that Dormammu was able to easily stalemate him as it would supposedly make him the greater force above all video game characters. Using that feat to establish authority over other fictional characters is facepalm worthy and shows what it means to fanboy out of control. That could of been a lesser form of Eternity and him not at his peak. Dormammu later attempted to steal his power not fully confront him. It is the circumstances in which sneaky methods are implemented and a change of scenario is applied.

3) True but it doesn`t change the fact that Final Fantasy>>>>>>>>>>>>Dormammu and Kingdom Hearts= to a degree Final Fantasy as they are comparable in some ways or measures.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@NeonGameWave said:

@Death Certificate:

1) Kefka can stalemate Dormammu as he is the God of Magic while in God Mode as he becomes God Mode Kefka, when did I say beat? And what would happen if he were to team up with Safer Sephiroth, The Emperor, Ultimecia, Garland and Terra? Now they would triumph epically.

2) I mentioned Eternity because many claim that Dormammu was able to easily stalemate him as it would supposedly make him the greater force above all video game characters. Using that feat to establish authority over other fictional characters is facepalm worthy and shows what it means to fanboy out of control. That could of been a lesser form of Eternity and him not at his peak. Dormammu later attempted to steal his power not fully confront him. It is the circumstances in which sneaky methods are implemented and a change of scenario is applied.

3) True but it doesn`t change the fact that Final Fantasy>>>>>>>>>>>>Dormammu and Kingdom Hearts= to a degree Final Fantasy as they are comparable in some ways or measures.

1) Kefka's BEST feat is re-shaping the face of the planet, which, by the way, is a far greater feat then anything Sephiroth ever did (no Supernova is NOT canon). That's not something that Dormammu would have a problem with. Terra, while powerful, was below Kefka. Garland was also only a planetary threat. I got bored with FF8, so maybe Ultimecia is way above them, but in general FF villains are planetary threats. Dormammu is a multi-demensional threat. FF villains may be powerful, but there is nothing that puts them anywhere close to Dormmamu.

2) To quote Marvel themselves. http://marvel.com/universe/Eternity. "Eternity is every living thing and every living thing is him; thus he controls everything in all plains of all existence with the exception of Living Tribunal." Basically, doing well against a "weak" version of Eternity is still a much more impressive feat then anything ever shown in Final Fantasy. (Plus it was Dorm himself that weaken'd Eternity anyway).

3) Kingdom Hearts you might actually have a point. People dismiss it because it's a kids game, but you spend your time jumping around between different planets and fight off shadow-creatures that threaten life on all of them. Obviously characters like that would at least be a universal level threat, but still have doubts they'd be able to match a dimensional threat like Dormmamu. It's also cannon that Sora>Cloud (considering you kick his ass at one point in that game) so KH characters would/should be more powerful then Final Fantasy characters, but I still don't see them stacking up to the likes of Dormammu.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Moonchilde:

1) God Mode Kefka, Garland, Emperor Mateus, Ultimecia, Safer Sephiroth and Terra together would take him down with not much trouble. Separately they wouldn`t but they are still massively powerful. Dormammu also has been beaten by Dr. Strange in his own dimension and has been outwitted by his own sister.

2) Good point but it doesn`t mean he is above all video game characters. King of All Cosmos, Elder God Demonbane, NEO, ZeedMilleniummon, The One Being/Elder Gods and many more would smite him in the form of a curbstomp.

3) Good points but Kingdom Hearts characters with the power of the Kingdom Hearts would stand a chance and what would happen if they were to all band together? Xemnas, Organization 13, Master Xehanort, Vanitas, Ansem, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Terra, Aqua and Roxas.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By Floopay

@NeonGameWave said:

@Death Certificate:

1) No, God Mode Kefka's greatest feat is constructing his tower. Safer Sephiroth would get stomped, and Advent Children Sephiroth is the most powerful version. The Emperor wasn't even a planetary level threat. Ultimecia could travel in time and had some basic time manipulation powers, but she was well below planetary threat and Dormammu is beyond her ability. Garland doesn't stand much of a chance here either, he's way underpowered here. Terra, doesn't stand a chance, even in Esper form.

2) Dormammu successfully contained Eternity, though briefly. Later he actually defeats Eternity IIRC.

3) Final Fantasy < Dormammu. And Kingdom Hearts is non canon to Final Fantasy, though is quite the entertaining game. Took me by surprise when I actually enjoyed playing it.

I've played all the Final Fantasy up to Final Fantasy X, and I know most of them very very well. But Dormammu is a universal level threat character, even outside the Dark Dimension. He's usually defeated by abstracts or some ridiculous plot device. And trust me, it pains me to admit that Final Fantasy characters lose so handily, because I love the games so much, but in this instance, they do.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Floopay:

1) Awesome points but what would happen if they were to fight together? God Mode Kefka, Safer Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Emperor Mateus, and Terra? Or even the heroic characters such as Cloud and etc?

2) True but under certain conditions and it doesn`t put him above all video game characters. Elder God Demonbane alone would flawlessly curbstomp him, Sonic, Silver and Shadow in their super forms could challenge him as well.

3) Good point and I agree, it is an amazing and enjoyable experience.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave: 1) Couple of planetary threats villians, ain't going to cut it, otherwise the avengers would have already beaten Dormammu. Again it's pointless to mention Dr.Stange and umar, when most of the character you listed, aren't better.

2) All video games character is a hyperbole, but he's above most of video characters you listed. Digimon doesn't count and demonbane is an expection.

3)

unless those kingdom heart characters can survive this, Dormammu will stomp them

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#117  Edited By Floopay

@NeonGameWave said:

@Floopay:

1) Awesome points but what would happen if they were to fight together? God Mode Kefka, Safer Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Emperor Mateus, and Terra? Or even the heroic characters such as Cloud and etc?

2) True but under certain conditions and it doesn`t put him above all video game characters. Elder God Demonbane alone would flawlessly curbstomp him, Sonic, Silver and Shadow in their super forms could challenge him as well.

3) Good point and I agree, it is an amazing and enjoyable experience.

1) Even combined they are at best a Solar System level threat. A fully realized Sephiroth would probably only be as powerful as Silver Surfer (yes I am basing this off actual feats), but wouldn't have the matter manipulation. Cloud would be a non-factor, had Sephiroth not toyed with him he wouldn't have stood a chance. Realistically he's an amazing fighter, but he's no more a threat to Dormammu then the Hulk would be. The biggest threat to Dormammu might be Aeris, but even she's only a planetary level character and would likely get stomped.

2) Any infinite nigh omnipotent being would beat Dormammu. Sonic, Silver, and Shadow could do it if Dormammu was outside the Dark Dimension, I can get behind that.

I've always had more fun playing games that take place on one planet, and as a result I tend to only really play games with at best planetary level threats (which encompasses the whole Final Fantasy series), so for me it's hard to find video game characters that could challenge Dormammu.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate:

1) Magically empowered godlike individuals is different, they don`t have to be better in order to fight Dormammu.

2) Hyperbole? The same could be said about comics and Dormammu defeating all video game characters simultaneously is a fanboy hyperbole of great exaggerating proportions. Digimon counts in my opinion as I see it as being close enough to the medium of video games, however it still supports my anime/manga point on Dormammu not being able to solo them either, and King Of All Cosmos would stomp him along with many others.

3) Dormammu ain`t destroying an non existent being who traverses dimensions, who is an impressive reality warper as he is also powerful when comes to the manipulation of matter. This is Xemnas at minimum potential. Now imagine magically, mystically and intelligently empowered beings aiding him with comparable feats of their own.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Floopay:

1) But they could still stand up to him and I`m talking about him being away from the Dark Dimension.

2) Agreed.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@NeonGameWave said:

@Moonchilde:

1) God Mode Kefka, Garland, Emperor Mateus, Ultimecia, Safer Sephiroth and Terra together would take him down with not much trouble. Separately they wouldn`t but they are still massively powerful. Dormammu also has been beaten by Dr. Strange in his own dimension and has been outwitted by his own sister.

2) Good point but it doesn`t mean he is above all video game characters. King of All Cosmos, Elder God Demonbane, NEO, ZeedMilleniummon, The One Being/Elder Gods and many more would smite him in the form of a curbstomp.

3) Good points but Kingdom Hearts characters with the power of the Kingdom Hearts would stand a chance and what would happen if they were to all band together? Xemnas, Organization 13, Master Xehanort, Vanitas, Ansem, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Terra, Aqua and Roxas.

1. I honestly don't see how. Several planetary threats is still < one dimensional threat. Plus I think you are underscoring Strange and Umar, both of whom are well above planetary level as well.

2. I admit the only characters on that list I'm familiar with are the Elder Gods (assuming you mean the Mortal Kombat Elder Gods). They have the same problem as the WoW Titans. Theoretically they should be uber powerful, and maybe in Dorm's league, but there aren't many in-game cannon feats to support that. So, maybe on them. The rest,again, I'm not familiar with, so can't really say.

3. I think they have a better shot then the Final Fantasy villains. Could be an interesting battle.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Moonchilde:

1) Because they are magically empowered godlike beings. I`m not trying to underscore Dr. Strange and Umar but it doesn`t change the facts that were already stated. Dormammu is a being that deals with magic, mystics and etc. Being trained, armed, equipped as well as intelligent in the field of magic helps a great deal.

2) They are nigh omnipotent and along with the One Being created all realms as they ultimately created the MK universe. They would stomp Dormammu especially while within their territory or respective realms. TOAA does not have much feats but we know for a fact that he is the greatest force of the Marvel Universe. The King of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy accidentally destroyed all the stars in the universe when drunk and he created a black hole with a tennis ball, and he at one point wiped out the universe (except the earth as he prevented it), and created new stars. He would stomp Dormammu. Elder God Demonbane from the series Demonbane is basically on Lucifer Morningstar`s level as he is possibly omniversal at best but at lowest is multiversal, he would curbstomp and wreck Dormammu. NEO and ZeedMilleniummon are Digimon villains, and are dimensional as they are also universal threats or possibly even multiversal threats. If Dormammu was fighting them in their dimension or home world, the DigiWorld he would get megastomped.

3) Agreed.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave: 1) You have going on about how Dormammu can't solo most video game characters, yet ones you bring up are straight up weak compared to him. Since you like downplay Strange and Umar, none of these guys have anything that puts them on the same level as those two.

2) Digimon started as anime first, not to mention most of big feats from digimon come from the manga and anime. So unless there are Digimon video feats, I can disregard Digimon as most the cannon is not from the video games.

3) *Still haven't shown a feat on the scan I posted*

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate:

1) He can`t solo all video game characters to ever exist at once, and I did not bring up weak ones as you are describing it. I also brought up ones who would utterly stomp, wreck or curbstomp him. What about the King of All Cosmos? Elder God Demonbane? Elder Gods/One Being? I`m not downplaying the Sorcerer Supreme neither am I downplaying Umar who is comparable to Dormammu but not exactly on the same exact level. It`s not about sheer power but advantage, as well as individuality within that advantage and what makes it work in this case is magical titans who are trained as they are greatly experienced in the fields of magic, mysticism and beyond. It`s not like I said they easily defeat him in the Dark Dimension, I`m talking about away from the Dark Dimension or that power source in general.

2) That is true in a sense but it originated as a toy and that device was close enough to the actual medium of games or video games in general, their feats do come from the manga and anime but the video games themselves are not totally useless. But it still proves my point on the fact that Dormammu cannot solo all anime/manga characters simultaneously either.

3) Then you ignored my point entirely. How he is going to destroy an non existent being? The only reason Sora and Riku were able to defeat him was due to the fact that they are Keyblade masters, and they are equipped to takeout Nobodies. Even if he is destroyed he is bound to return in some shape or form as his consciousness as well as links to Master Xehanort never exactly just go away.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ShenLong

Dormammu said his power is equal to Zeus, and I think it's actually below. Kratos killed Zeus. Herego, Kratos is a video game character that can kill Dormammu, and is still hungry for human hearts.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Skaddix

Marvel Zeus is vastly superior to GoW Zeus

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points