LOL

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

LOL

Not sure what's funny, but I'll tag you when it's open for voting.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IndomitableRegal

As someone who likes Dante significantly more than Thor, I'm rooting for 106me... But damn dude lol. Good luck.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: why bother posting that here, when the post is nowhere near finished, not even having an image? Might as well do this in a self-contained PM to yourself.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: why bother posting that here, when the post is nowhere near finished, not even having an image? Might as well do this in a self-contained PM to yourself.

Eh, I'm feat hunting for Dante and there's a s*** ton of material to go through that me and neon compiled over the years. Not that I gotta explain myself, but I'm just shooting the breeze while I dig. What's my opponent going to do, debunk my character's bio? lol :)

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante

No Caption Provided

Bio:

Dante is a half-human, half-demon hybrid who hunts demons for a living. As a result of his abilities inherited by his full-blooded demonic father Sparda, he possess super human abilities such as super strength, super speed, super durability, time control, telekinesis, high speed regeneration, and various other abilities. He also has a plethora of gear he keeps as a result of defeating other demons by using their souls to create "Devil arms" and is also well stocked with high-power firearms specially created for taking down demons.

Origins/Rough Overview of Dante's power

Dante inherits his powers from his father Sparda. As a reference, Sparda is the legendary dark knight who was the strongest demon in the underworld, able to simultaneously fight all of Hell, including it's demon god, Mundus. This is actually a huge feat, as Hell's army not only consists of thousands of foot soldier demons with superhuman stats and abilities, but also of dozens of mid tier demons that are on average capable of destroying anything from large bridges to small towns, and to top it all off, Mundus, a herald level character.

It would be the equivalent of fighting everyone pictured below (with few exceptions that could be counted on one hand):

Who are capable of doing things like, say, destroying a small town like Berial did here.

And with hundreds of Frosts who have destroyed bridges the size of the San Francisco bridge here.

With thousands of these guys:

(just a few pictures of some of the foot soldiers of Hell)

That are capable of tearing humans in half as seen here.

And more (Such as the immortal Argosax and his army) before sealing them all in various places (such as Mallet Island, the demonic tower Temen-Ni-Gru, etc.)

To top it all off, he had to face Mundus, the immortal demon god of the underworld, who could:

- Create life (such as the bio weapon, Leviathan, and Trish)

- create a universe (confirmed by Hideki Kamiya, the creator of the first Devil May Cry and creator of Mundus)

No Caption Provided

- Tear a dimension open with his bare hands

(note that a hell gate is normally required to traverse from hell to earth)

- Blow up an island despite being severely weakened and sealed in Hell

(Mallet island was held together and powered by Mundus. Without his power, the island would catastrophically explode in itself).

- And more (such as launching state/province busting meteors, flying through space at hyperspeeds, etc.)

And yet Sparda beat them all at once.

"Two thousand years ago, there was a war between the human world and the other, the underworld. But somebody woke up to justice and stood up against this Legion alone. "

- Devil May Cry Opening Cutscene

https://youtu.be/5JzX602Z0cs?t=23

"When sealing the netherworld, sensing his power had grown too strong, he intentionally seals himself in as well."

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Character File — Sparda

And not only does Dante inherit his father's powers, but has been rumored to have actually surpassed his father, even during a time period (Devil May Cry 4, the chronological middle of the series) where Dante had not achieved his full potential.

"...some say he's even surpassed his father..."

Devil May Cry 4, In-game Lore

In conclusion of the origins of Dante's power (as an introduction and rough overview of Dante's capabilities), Dante is very well capable of contending with Thor, as Dante is very much a herald himself with his power overshadowing armies of superhuman and mid tier demons led by another herald.

List of Dante's Abilities

Devil Arms

- Rebellion

- Sparda (Force Edge)

- Yamato

- Alastor

- Vendetta

- Merciless

- Agni and Rudra

- Nevan

- Cerberus

- Ifrit

- Beowulf

- Gilgamesh

- Lucifer

- Pandora (can also be used as a firearm)

- Ebony and Ivory (firearms that Dante charges with his demonic power)

- Artemis (firearm with demonic energy)

- Nightmare-β (firearm with demonic energy)

* There is a vast array of firearms Dante has in his arsenal, but only some will be mentioned due to their relevancy in this battle.

**Images of only the most relevant weapons and their descriptions will be posted throughout each post/argument.

Powers and Abilities

- Super Strength

- Super Speed

- Enhanced Durability

- High class regeneration

- Telekinesis

- Teleportation

- Summons

- Devil Trigger

And other Hax Demonic powers that will be mentioned throughout my posts.

Styles

Dante fights with several fighting styles giving him access to unique powers. They are known as:

- Trickster

- Swordmaster

- Gunslinger

- Royalguard

- Quicksilver

- Doppleganger

- Darkslayer

Items

- Bangle of Time

- Amulet

- Untouchable

Strategy

Dante is a hax demon hybrid who prefers quick counters and openings before he strikes. Although it's very much within his power set to brawl, he won't be out-punching Thor and will instead rely on his speed to dodge blows. And if need be, he has hax armor to protect himself on the unlikely off chance Thor would land a lucky strike with his reflexes, possibly even shaking off a blow with his sheer durability. Once Dante understands Thor is no speedster, Dante could immediately bring in his time control abilities and accelerate his speed to the point where he is multitudes faster than Thor can react, instantly ending the fight by decaping Thor with his sword Rebellion, the same sword that is the physical manifestation and embodiment of Dante's power. If all else fails, and Dante bores himself from the novelty of Thor's old english monologues, Dante can simply stop time and seal Thor, effectively trapping and banishing him into Hell.

Conclusion

As I have discussed in this post, Dante is a herald level demon who will use his speed to outmaneuver Thor and finish him with his hax abilities rather than brute force. The next post will be a complete guide to Dante's physical stats, followed by a seperate guide to his hax abilities with counters in between.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: I will give my post within a week.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: I'LL post within a week.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty confident it requires something better than this to beat Thor. I guess you're saving your cards for future posts.

T4V.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor :

No Caption Provided

Bio :

Thor is the Asgardian God of Thunder, and the son of the All-Father of Asgard Odin and the Elder Earth-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of Asgard and Midgard (Earth), Thor is arguably the greatest defender of both worlds. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir, which can only be lifted by those who are worthy, Thor is the mightiest warrior in all of Asgard. A staunch ally for good and one of the strongest beings on Earth, Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Power and Abilities :

• Superhuman strength
  • Superhuman endurance
  • Super-speed / reaction
  • Invulnerability
  • Flight
  • Weather manipulation
  • Electrokinesis and lightning manipulation
  • Energy absorption

Strength :

Well , calling Thor a 100 + ton level character would be a huge understatement , because

No Caption Provided

Easily holds up a wide-body airliner , which was falling down.(These generally weigh between 250 - 350 tons).

No Caption Provided

Flips The Leaning Tower of Pisa with one finger (The Leaning Tower of Pisa weighs over 14,500 tons).

No Caption Provided

Kinda crushes Iron Patriot's suit with his hands , what makes this so good , well ,

Ironman and related suits are mainly made out of a Gold-Titanium alloy which is four times stronger than normal steel.

The ultimate tensile strength of steel is around 73,000 psi , four times stronger than is 292,000 psi and that is around 21024 ton-force.

No Caption Provided

Matches Hercules in arm-wrestle and the two of them arm-wrestling created enough pressure to knock the planet off the orbit.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Easily lifted a Castle (The size and height of a multi-storied building) , again it's several thousands tons of weight.

No Caption Provided

He has always been an equal to the Hulk , although Hulk wasn't as strong as he is now but he was still way above 100 ton level.

Striking :

Without Mjolnir :

No Caption Provided

Was able to take out Abomination with one punch , not a shot from Mjolnir.(Abomination has given Hulk a run for his money).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even Unworthy Thor is able to push away and hurt Beta Ray Bill.

No Caption Provided

Thor is able to push back and hurt Juggernaut with his punches.(The same Juggernaut was able to stop World War Hulk dead in his tracks and hold him for some time).

With Mjolnir :

No Caption Provided

Takes out MODOK and his force-fields , MODOK clearly states that his force-fields , "can withstand the force of a Nuclear Blast".

No Caption Provided

Cracks/Breaks Juggernaut's helmet with a single hit.

No Caption Provided

With a single hit from Mjolnir he shakes up the entire African sub-continent.

Mjolnir Throw :

Thor can also throw his beloved hammer at high speeds,in any direction he wants to and with huge force.

No Caption Provided

"He will demonstrate" - That's just a basic showing of how his hammer throwing works.

No Caption Provided

Destroys a tank with a "mere" throw of Mjolnir.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He uses it on Hercules and he is absolutely helpless.

No Caption Provided

Hurts Red Hulk with his hammer throw.

No Caption Provided

Pissed off , he kills Angrir with a single hammer throw.(Angrir is The Thing amped with an Uru hammer).

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Angrir_(Earth-616)

For more info.

Durability :

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

High Caliber bullets just bounce off him , duh.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not only does he hold Juggernaut for some time , he also gets right back up from a beating by Juggernaut (And since he was trying to save the people he wasn't going full out and was indeed holding back).

No Caption Provided

Tanks a hit from a pissed of Wonder Man , in the next page he got back up absolutely fine.

No Caption Provided

Absolutely no-sells Johnny Blaze's Hellfire and Blaze is one of the the best Hellfire user in Marvel and maybe even all of comics.(This can be used as an argument since Demons and hell-based characters tend to use Hellfire).

No Caption Provided

Tanks Zeus's thunderbolt with no problem.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tanks a bomb made by Kang , the bomb destroyed the entire city , nearly vapourized buildings and killed all the people in the city.

Thor got up with only his clothes damaged , while Wonder Man looked seriously hurt and unable to get up.

That's all the durability feats I will give for now.

Lightning / Weather Manipulation / Energy Attacks :

Thor can control lightning and weather and to call down lightning he does not necessarily need to channel it with his Hammer , he can just call it down if he wishes to and he can also unleash large amount of energy if he wants too by just swinging his hammer.

So lets see what he can do ,

No Caption Provided

He can control the weather on a Planetary level , this also includes him being able to all down lightning on a planetary level.

No Caption Provided

He can send his lightning in multiple directions at once and take out large areas with ease.

No Caption Provided

Can call his lightning down from outta nowhere and without directing it with his hammer.(I say that because some people confuse that he needs summon the lightning and give the direction with the help of his hammer).

No Caption Provided

A younger Thor was able to summon lightning along with Rain fire over a large area and it was also hurting Gorr's minions.

No Caption Provided

Able to summon storm and thunder all across a city.

No Caption Provided

Able to summon his lightning across a large area in space , hit particular satellites and disable them for a shot amount of time.(this shows how accurate he can be with his lightning).

No Caption Provided

Hurts Hercules with a large lightning bolt.

No Caption Provided

His lightning takes out multiple city-block with ease and the next page Nul was even hurt by it.

Enough feats for now.

Counters :

It would be the equivalent of fighting everyone pictured below (with few exceptions that could be counted on one hand):

You mean , fighting Dante would be equivalet of fighting these guys , right ? Like Thor doesn't really need to fight these guys , it would just be equivalent , right ?

Who are capable of doing things like, say, destroying a small town like Berial did here.

I remember that I played DMC 4 , that wasn't even a town , it was more like a large village.

Multiple City Blocks > Large Village (Especially the one you are talking about).

And with hundreds of Frosts who have destroyed bridges the size of the San Francisco bridge here.

Even that is nowhere as close to what Thor has done.

Tear a dimension open with his bare hands

Well , I remember Thor and Beta Ray Bill doing something similar too.

- Blow up an island despite being severely weakened and sealed in Hell

Thor was busy shaking entire continents just because he was pissed and that's just scratching the surface.

create a universe (confirmed by Hideki Kamiya, the creator of the first Devil May Cry and creator of Mundus)

That's a statement and never really happened in the game itself and following this logic shouldn't Dante be Universal too ? but he isn't !!!

If all else fails, and Dante bores himself from the novelty of Thor's old english monologues, Dante can simply stop time and seal Thor, effectively trapping and banishing him into Hell.

BFR , huh ? Thor can do that too I will focus on that in the next post.

accelerate his speed to the point where he is multitudes faster than Thor can react,

Thor isn't as slow as people believe him to be , I will focus on that in the next post too.

I focused on a whole lot of feats in this post , so speed and bfr for the next one.

Conclusion :

• You should have give some feats for Dante himself , but from what I know of playing DMC 3 and 4 , Thor does hold a massive strength advantage,striking advantage and also durability advantage.
  • The strength advantage is kinda huge , like Thor is in 1,00,000 ton range at bare minimum and Dante hasn't displayed anything close even when trying hard and Thor's striking is also on another level compared to Dante's and I haven't given the best instances yet.
  • Thor has also taken hits from people who are on Dante's level (Wonder Man) and way above his level throughout the years and just got right back up , so physically Dante can't damage Thor and ask for speed arguments I will counter than in the next post.
  • Thor's lightning , weather control and AoE attacks will also come in handy , they can definitely hurt him badly if not KO him.
  • Thor since he is moral's off can just end Dante with a few solid hits and also put the planet out of orbit or cause worldwide Earthquakes at the same time.
  • So , it's your turn now , go !!!!!!
game_king597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me:

You forgot SMT Dante who fought with multiversal beings.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 106me

@game_king597: Sure I could use his SMT or MvC feats, but that'd be cheap. Hence the ban on cross-over feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me done all my editings , now it's your turn.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: Tag after every post.

P.S: one thing, what Dante always sucks at is strategic/tactical intelligence/abilities.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers