dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dane

Premise

It's that time again folks. I'll be implying more specific rules to hopefully avoid any confusion over whats legal and what isn't. I'm sorry if these restrictions limit your favourite combinations but I must insist. It is becoming harder and harder to present a truly "street-level" challenge. As usual, you will know the enemy's specifications in 3 days, you have until then to form a team.

As with before, you will have one month to train in the X-Mansion. You will have access to the Danger Room, which will be equipped with an Artificial Intelligence that is ready to tailor make scenarios to train your team. You will also have access to a trainer of your choice.

I implore you personally, do not try to find loopholes in my rules or my scenario. It's not clever or funny and I'll just reject your proposed team.

If you have any issues regarding character powers/abilities/items please post in the thread or PM me and I'll respond as fast as I can.

Rules

-You must build a team of 3. Yourself and 2 other viners must choose 1 power, 1 ability and 1 special item. You will control all 3 characters against an unknown opposition.

Powers

-You may not use powers that include: 
Physical attributes above Spider-Man.
Magic or reality warping.
Probability altering (good or bad luck).
Intangibility.
Invisibility.
Flight.
Durability equal to or above Luke Cage.
Telepathy or Telekinesis.
Force Fields.
Pheromones.
Tele-dismemberment.

Items

-You may not use items that grant the user: 
Additional powers that exceed the accepted powers threshold (Mjolnir, Iron Man's Suit).
An easy solution to combat situations (Mr. X's mind, Midnighter's battle computer, etc).
Anything that would grant an easy win over a Spider-Man level character. 
-The items you equip will be the only items you have for the scenario.
-Items that help you use your powers like Cyclop's visor or a few deck's of cards for Gambit are free.
-In addition to special items, you may have 2 sidearms and either 1 assault rifle/machine gun/explosive device or 2 smaller submachine guns and one hand grenade of any conventional kind. 
-In addition to special items, you may have 2 melee weapons of standard materials.
-In addition to special items, you may also have armor to the grade of standard kevlar in a design of your choosing.

Abilities

-You may not use abilities that allow you to:
Gain experience beyond the span of a human life. Be reasonable here, there are plenty of highly skilled mortals to draw upon.
Somehow exceed the limitations of your physical attributes. For example, a regular human cannot perform Captain America's acrobatic feats as he isn't physically agile enough.

Trainer

-Your trainer may not telepathically fast-track your learning. Earn it under your own steam.

Good luck :)

Scenario

Background

You will face Aliens and Predators!

An Alien Hive has appeared in the Savage Land, you and your bros are all like "NOT ON MY WATCH, SUNSHINE!@" because you're fresh out of coffee and you have trouble controlling the volume of your voice sometimes. And some Predators show up because... they heard there was going to be Pizza. LOTS OF IT! and kegs, wooden ones too, not that cheap metal sh#t.

So they brought friends too.

You will have to clear out the Hive and as you proceed you will have to also fight lurking Predators. The surrounding jungle will also be infested with scattering patrols of Drones. Theres no pizza or beer in the Savage Land (or coffee) so the Predators are pissed off, big time. Like when you come home late but don't want to turn any lights on and you slam your pinky toe into some heavy ass oak furniture that is somehow like 5 feet away from where you thought it was and you're all like AGGHHHHH MY TOE but only in your head 'cause you're trying to be quiet and kinda just stand there with your face screwed up like this O_<, probably. Anyway, they're that pissed. Bloodlusted too when I think about it. And now onto the important part. I'm going to be realistic with the numbers and all 'cause 50 Alien Drones in a jungle would scare the living shit out of me. But since it's a scenario, later on, I'll pretend I'm significantly more awesome than I really am and (with 6 months prep) could stomp the ass clean out of the back of a Xenomorph and nourish myself with trains.

To be clear on the format, there won't be waves per se. You'll have to hunt through the jungle to get to the base. The Aliens and Predators will hunt you as they detect you, please be realistic with your tracking and stealth abilities. Inside the base (let's say it's identical to a Marine outpost) you'll have to fight through to the Queen while avoiding or fighting the Predators. There shall be no epic team-up with the Predators. The Predators will attack whenever they think it is an opportune moment. You have 48 hours to kill the Queen or she will produce thousands of face huggers and begin infecting Dinosaurs, causing the most outrageous face-wrecking unit in the history of precisely that. There will be no facehuggers if you complete the task before then.

Enemies

Outside
50 Alien Drones
5 Unblooded Predators (Mask, Wrist-blades, Combi Stick)

Inside
500 Alien Drones (100 will be with the Queen)
25 Alien Warriors
25 Alien Paetorians 
1 Alien Queen
20 Blooded Predators (Mask, Wrist-blades, Combi Stick, Plasmacaster, Optical Cloak)
5 Huntsmaster Predators (Mask, Dual Wrist-blades, Combi Stick, Razor Whip, Smart Disc, Optical Cloak) 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Power NeXus

Myself 
Powers: Apocalypse's powers 
Ability: Flash's speed 
Special Item: Power gem

k4tzm4n 
Powers: Martian Manhunter's powers 
Ability: Batman's awesomeness 
Special item: Iron Man's Extremis armor

Retnex 
Powers: Firelord's powers 
Ability: Breaking the 4th wall 
Special item: Mjolnir 

It's entirely possible that I will make adjustments to this team, so I'll be coming back later.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Power NeXus

lol, but 4 realz this time...

Power NeXus

Powers: Nightcrawler's powers

Ability: Mockingbird's hand-to-hand combat and staff handling skills

Special item: Joystick's gauntlets

k4tzm4n

Powers: Triplicate Girl's powers

Ability: Cassandra Cain's hand-to-hand combat and movement reading skills

Special item: Porcupine's suit

Retnex

Powers: Bishop's powers

Ability: Taskmaster's movement-duplication skills

Special item: Ultimate Vulture's suit

*Rough draft. Will probably be subject to revisions.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dane

:D

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Crap, another test of my creativity after creating the Franken-Bot Challenge. I'll have to get to work creating characters, expect something in the next couple days.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Alright.  My apologies for slacking on the other ones.  I'll try to keep up with this one and bring the pain. 

k4tzm4n
Powers: Nightcrawler's teleportation, speed, and agility 
Skill: Bullseye's aim and ability to use anything as a weapon, hand-to-hand abilities 
Equipment: Deadshot's costume w/ silenced wrist guns, grenades 

Lunacyde
Powers: Ultimate Sabretooth's healing, enhanced senses, strength, speed, durability, agility, four claws (and if allowed, adamantium lacing) 
Skill: As usual, he'll get Snake Eye's combat knowledge, skill, and tactical mindset. 
Equipment: M-Blade, with Snake Eye's attire, silenced mp5 submachine gun, silenced pistols

Dane
Powers: Ultimate Spider-Man's strength, speed, agility, durability, spider sense
Skill:  Deathstroke's combat knowledge and skill
Equipment:Elder Predator's gear, including: Helmet, wrist blades, single plasma cannon, combistick 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Power NeXus
@k4tzm4n:  
Ultimate Spider-Man's strength, speed, agility, durability, spider sense 

o__0 

really?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Power NeXus

F***!

Stupid quote function going all screwy again...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Power NeXus said:
"@k4tzm4n:  
Ultimate Spider-Man's strength, speed, agility, durability, spider sense  o__0  .....  really?    "

LOL.  I didn't want to be cliche and use Beast or Spider-Man again =/   
Plus, Ultimate Spider-Man's attributes are more than enough, especially combined with the skill and tech he's sporting.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n:  I'd prefer it if the special item was a single item instead of a load-out.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n:  I'd prefer it if the special item was a single item instead of a load-out. "

So no more "special item + standard gear" or are you speaking about the Predator get up? Is having Deadshot's costume and wrist guns okay, or should I restrict myself to the wrist guns?  Is having Luna wear Snake Eye's attire okay, or should I remove that as well?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n:  I'd prefer it if the special item was a single item instead of a load-out. "
So no more "special item + standard gear" or are you speaking about the Predator get up? Is having Deadshot's costume and wrist guns okay, or should I restrict myself to the wrist guns?  Is having Luna wear Snake Eye's attire okay, or should I remove that as well? "
Hmm, hold up, I'll make the rules a bit more clear.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane said:
So no more "special item + standard gear" or are you speaking about the Predator get up? Is having Deadshot's costume and wrist guns okay, or should I restrict myself to the wrist guns?  Is having Luna wear Snake Eye's attire okay, or should I remove that as well? "
Hmm, hold up, I'll make the rules a bit more clear. "

Absolute nonsense.  This thread should be locked and you should be banned from making threads until the end of time. 
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane said:
Absolute nonsense.  This thread should be locked and you should be banned from making threads until the end of time.  "
Probably true.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane said:
Absolute nonsense.  This thread should be locked and you should be banned from making threads until the end of time.  "
Probably true. "

haha.  Update yo' rules, foo!
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n: I updated them an hour ago suckah
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n: I updated them an hour ago suckah "

That doesn't really answer the following: 

-For my character, is having Deadshot's attire okay?  It provides basic protection against firearms (Deathstroke's submachine gun hurt him, as did a regular pistol), but it helps with vision/hearing. 
-For Luna, is Snake Eye's attire okay? 
-What am I allowed to use if I want to give you the Predator's equipment?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n: Deadshot and his wrist guns are fine. Even Maverick's vibranium and those wrist plasma blasters were fine, so Deadshot is easily allowable. Snake Eyes is also fine.

Predator I'm not so sure on. The disc is almost an auto-win in a lot of cases. The whip I know nothing about. The cloak is out too, unfortunately.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n: Deadshot and his wrist guns are fine. Even Maverick's vibranium and those wrist plasma blasters were fine, so Deadshot is easily allowable. Snake Eyes is also fine.  Predator I'm not so sure on. The disc is almost an auto-win in a lot of cases. The whip I know nothing about. The cloak is out too, unfortunately."

*kicks over trash can, knocking garbage all over this thread* 
Blades, helmet, combi, and caster are just dandy.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n: Deadshot and his wrist guns are fine. Even Maverick's vibranium and those wrist plasma blasters were fine, so Deadshot is easily allowable. Snake Eyes is also fine.  Predator I'm not so sure on. The disc is almost an auto-win in a lot of cases. The whip I know nothing about. The cloak is out too, unfortunately."
*kicks over trash can, knocking garbage all over this thread* Blades, helmet, combi, and caster are just dandy. "
This will be an interesting one :P
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane said:
*kicks over trash can, knocking garbage all over this thread* Blades, helmet, combi, and caster are just dandy. "
This will be an interesting one :P "

Good sir I'm giving you the attributes, skill and tech to take down a plethora of street level foes.  If you fail my team, I'm sending Rby after you.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n: My knowledge on Ult. Spidey isn't good. But Deathstroke + Elder Predator will wreck faces.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n: My knowledge on Ult. Spidey isn't good. But Deathstroke + Elder Predator will wreck faces. "

Super speed, agility, reflexes, spider sense, and around 5 ton strength (I don't believe we've been able to get an exact figure)
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n: Either way, Slade's staff skills with a combi stick and enhanced speed/agility is going to be awesome.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n: Either way, Slade's staff skills with a combi stick and enhanced speed/agility is going to be awesome. "

Plus I I've placed Hello Kitty stickers on your Predator helmet. You'll be killing it style.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n: 

*puts Deathstroke mask over the helmet*
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n:   *puts Deathstroke mask over the helmet* "

This is my team, damn it! 

*gives your character a Teletubbies costume*
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n:   *puts Deathstroke mask over the helmet* "
This is my team, damn it!  *gives your character a Teletubbies costume* "
*Darth Vader impression* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dane

I'm reinstating the trainer selection, it does however, come with it's own rule, see OP for details :)

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane:
Are there any problems with my team?
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Here is the first draft for my team:

DedmanWalkin
Power: The Gorgon's Speed Bursts, Strength, Agility, Reflexes, Healing, and Durability.
Skills: Samurai Jack's skills
Item: The Muramasa Blade
Loadout: Kevlar/Nomex Body Suit, Standard Bow and Arrows, and 1 Smoke Grenade

Power NeXus
Power: Surge's Speed Bursts and Electricity Manipulation
Skills: Deadpool's Skills
Item: Twinkle and Iceingdeath
Loadout: Kevlar/Nomex Body Suit and Dual Desert Eagles

Matezoide
Power: Frederick Slade's Teleportation, Shapeshifting, and Healing
Skills: Spiral's Skills
Item: Fistigons/Footstigons
Loadout: 1 Sting Grenade

I assumed I could trade out an assault rifle and 2 hand guns for 1 bow and arrow. If I can't have both of Drizzt's blades, I'll just take Twinkle.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Power NeXus
@DedmanWalkin:
Not to be 'that guy', but I don't think Surge fits the requirements (believe me, I've considered her for my teams). She's fast enough to run from Westchester to Colorado in one afternoon. That puts her miles above Spider-Man's speed level.
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I figured she might be too powerful but Dane might allow it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@DedmanWalkin said:
"I figured she might be too powerful but Dane might allow it. "

^Right when you tell yourself that, don't bother including it ;)
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I remember him suggesting it the first showdown so I was hoping it would be okay here. I am going with speedy melee combatants this round.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dane
@DedmanWalkin: I was referring to her electricity working well against Geth. Suz2say she's out :<

Samurai Jack, you mean that cartoon character?

Spiral's skills involve powerful magic.

Frederick Slade has molecular manipulation and can open multiple portals, gonna say no.

What can the Fistigons do except for fire?

And what is a Sting Grenade?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus:  

Triplicate Girl is out. 

I'm unfamiliar with the power of Joystick's gauntlets. I take it they weren't enough to take down Spider-Man?

Porcupine has enhanced strength and flight.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Any idea when you'll reveal the enemies?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n: Hmm, could reveal them tomorrow if you like. They're well known to almost everyone.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n: Hmm, could reveal them tomorrow if you like. They're well known to almost everyone."

Whenever.  It is your thread after all.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n: Yeah, after this I might give surprises a break for awhile. Sometimes I just feel like dumping the opposition in the thread and seeing how people deal with it.

But I'm sure this opposition will be entertaining for all involved.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Power NeXus

@Dane:  

Triplicate Girl is out. 

DANG IT.

I'm unfamiliar with the power of Joystick's gauntlets. I take it they weren't enough to take down Spider-Man?

TBH, I don't know that Joystick has ever battled Spider-Man.

Basically, her gauntlets form batons of coherent energy that can be used as melee weapons. According to bios I've seen, they are 'powerful enough to destroy concrete'. And, when slapped together, they make a concussive energy blast.

Also, the gauntlets can be used for hacking into other computer systems. 
All things considered, I don't think the gauntlets are too powerful for this showdown.  

Are you saying the Porcupine suit is out because of those factors? 

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus said:
"

@Dane:  

Triplicate Girl is out. 

DANG IT.

Basically, her gauntlets form batons of coherent energy that can be used as melee weapons. According to bios I've seen, they are 'powerful enough to destroy concrete'. And, when slapped together, they make a concussive energy blast.

All things considered, I don't think the gauntlets are too powerful for this showdown.  

"
Gauntlets sound ok.

and yeah, Porcupines Suit is likely out depending on what degree it enhances strength to.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n: Yeah, after this I might give surprises a break for awhile. Sometimes I just feel like dumping the opposition in the thread and seeing how people deal with it.  But I'm sure this opposition will be entertaining for all involved. "

It's Ewoks, isn't it?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dane
@k4tzm4n:  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I mean... no, not Ewoks.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#46  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Not feeling particularly creative, I think I'm pretty much just going to take characters I've already used.

Trainer: Backlash. He's Stormwatch's trainer and with 3000 years of experience in all kinds of situations with and against all kinds of enemies, I think he's got a lot to impart. Plus he'll definitely work us to the bone so we're the best we can be at the end of the month.

Buckshot: Blink's powers - Connor Hawke's skills (martial arts + move reading/duplicating + accuracy) - Ollie's bow (modified so it can also shoot teleport spears) and trick arrows

Creator: Scrambler's powers - Cassandra Cain's skills (martial arts + move reading/duplicating) - Deathstroke's armor

Forever: Spider-Man's powers - Batman's skills (martial arts + everything else) - Batman's suit & belt. 

I might need actual armor so I'll have that. Creator might want two submachine guns and a hand grenade and Forever might want an assault rifle.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus said:
"

@Dane:  

Triplicate Girl is out. 

DANG IT.

"
Gauntlets sound ok.  and yeah, Porcupines Suit is likely out depending on what degree it enhances strength to. "

I don't know the exact strength level, but I was assuming maybe 5 tons max. When he had his original Porcupine suit, he was able to take a couple of hits from Beast (before any mutations). I'd say that probably put his original suit around the 2 ton level. When he upgraded to the current suit, the strength level probably got upgraded a bit also. That's why I'm guessing maybe 4-5 tons. If I assume that strength level, will the suit be ok?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Power NeXus

All right. Edited team. 

Power NeXus 

Skills: Mockingbird's skills

Item: Joystick's gauntlets

Retnex

Skills: Taskmaster's skills

Item: Ultimate Vulture's suit

k4tzm4n

Powers: Triathlon's powers

Skills: Cassandra Cain's skills

Item: Porcupine's suit

If Porcupine's suit is deemed against the rules, then k4tzm4n will have

Marrow's powers

Bullseye's skills

Heat Wave's gear

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Power NeXus said:
"

All right. Edited team. 

Power NeXus 

Skills: Mockingbird's skills

Item: Joystick's gauntlets

Retnex

Skills: Taskmaster's skills

Item: Ultimate Vulture's suit

k4tzm4n

Powers: Triathlon's powers

Skills: Cassandra Cain's skills

Item: Porcupine's suit

If Porcupine's suit is deemed against the rules, then k4tzm4n will have

Marrow's powers

Bullseye's skills

Heat Wave's gear

"

Don't worry, you could give me; 
Powers: Vulture's old age 
Skills: Gargan's jobber aura 
Equipment: Stilt-Man's stilts 

And I'd still find a way to vanquish our foes. (I believe a reward is in order.  That's my first time ever typing the word 'vanquish' lol)
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: Everything seems ok. Porcupines suit is out because he can fly. 

I don't read Ultimate Spider-Man so could you describe the differences between Ultimate and Mainstream Vulture?