dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dane

Premise

ok, I've learnt some lessons from the first battle and I'm prepared to make one that I think will be even better. As with before, you will not know the forces you will face. This time, however, I can guarantee no one will have to research wiki articles or anything. This time you'll (probably) all have a good idea about your enemies already. If not, I'm sure a very short explanation will suffice.

The only major differences here will be the numbers (and obviously the army). You will lead a squad of 3 into battle. That is to say you and two of your besties. I can also confirm for this mission you will have a telepathic link! that should take care of any walky-talky concerns. You may safely assume you will not face the thousands from the previous scenario. Also, you will have only one mission this time around and it'll be in a more traditional format. So prep your forces accordingly.  Again, you will have 1 month of training in a suitable facility equipped with a danger room, a firing range, a team of expert chef's and some luxury living quarters. During this time you will have an opportunity to train with your new powers, abilities, weapons etc, bond with your team mates and run battle simulations. The facility will be equipped with a hyper intelligent but non-threatening AI that will help provide you with any danger room scenarios you may want or suggest specific team building exercises. 

One other difference. In addition to the AI you may select 1 character from fiction to come and give your 3 man squad some personal training. This could be martial arts with Batman, weapons training with Clint Barton, etc, etc. Keep in mind you only have 1 month but if you picked Captain America's shield it sure wouldn't hurt to have a month with the man himself, Steve Rogers to help you hone your ricochet skills.

Hopefully this can tide us all over until k4tzm4n's return from holidays :P

This mission will be much less complicated than the last. But to compensate you only get 2 teammates instead of 4. There will be no clues unless people really want them.

Rules

Virtually the same as before. If you have any queries about powers, abilities or items and you can't get the info from here just post or shoot me a PM. I'll do the best I can to keep this balanced. 

You will choose for each of them 1 power-set and 1 skill-set and 1 special item .

Powers: To clarify, powers are superhuman abilities that characters possess that put them above the capabilities of a peak human. Passively, The powers may not be above Spider-Man's powerset in terms of physical attributes like strength, speed, durability etc. For active powers they may not be anything that would solely be enough for someone to easily defeat Spider-Man. Please, do not try to bend this rule. It isn't witty or clever to try to evade rules or find loopholes. If this rule requires a more exact definition I will provide it but consider it the same as similar threads. Ask me if you're unsure. You may only use characters from DC, Marvel (616 or Ultimate), Dark Horse or Devil's Due. You may use character's from any fiction but please run them by me as they will be assessed individually for balance.

Abilities: To clarify, abilities are things that can be taught within the range of regular humans. This includes knowledge or skills of any kind. I don't think this is particularly hard but let's use Taskmaster as a benchmark. If something requires superhuman powers to work you can't do it. i.e. Gambit's ability to dodge couldn't be performed without his superhuman abilities.  The abilities will be injected into your brain Matrix-style. You will just know stuff. Examples of this would be to learn Batman's martial arts mastery or Black Widow's Assassination techniques. Anything that can be theoretically learned by a human is an ability.  For instance, you couldn't use Dick Grayson's acrobatics unless you enhance your body because he is known as the only person in the world capable of certain acrobatic maneuvers. If you took Gambit's powers, however, you could reasonably execute skills in Dick Grayson's ability-set. Abilities also don't have to be physical learned skills nor are characters limited to a single attribute, you can have Nick Fury's weapon skills and his tactical experience. You can have Bullseye's aim and martial arts knowledge for the same character. But you are limited to one person's skills. The decision making, however,  will still be made the CV member in question and whilst they will have a character's insight they won't actually be that character. You can gain Tony Stark's knowledge of engineering if you really want but it doesn't mean you can go all MacGuyver with some scrap metal in a cave and come out with a home made tactical nuke or something. Also, you have to explain your actions. "I gain Captain America's tactical brilliance, come up with an insane battle plan and stomp forty-one flavours of ass" is not acceptable, you still need to write your own battle plans, even if Captain America's tactical brilliance would help you do it. If there's a plan involved, it's your plan because you're the leader.

Equipment: I'm pretty sure this is the part people will try to evade so I'll be extremely clear. No magic, no alien technology, no future technology, nothing that would give you an unreasonable advantage. You can't have Thor's hammer. You can't have Iron Man's suit. You can't have Midnighter's battle computer. Nothing enchanted or futuristic or crazy hoo-hah. You can have things like Spider-Man's web shooters, Black Panther's suit, Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton, Nick Fury's optical camoflague, Captain America's shield etc. If you have a question about equipment please ask me but keep it reasonable or the army I post will be something I promise you won't like. In addition to the special item you may equip your team with any reasonable weapons and armor you might expect a low level street vigilante to have. For example, if the Punisher has it or could get it, you can get it too. You will be up against a serious army here so I suggest if your team mates don't have offensive powers or abilities you learn them to use an assault rifle. If the army you come up against is from a space opera like Halo or Mass Effect you can have similar weapons from that Universe. Characters you deck out with Swords or Bow/Arrows will be upgraded with material that will let them use their expertise and still damage the enemy reasonably. For hand-held explosives such as grenades, flashbangs or claymores, each character may character only 1 of any kind. This single explosive will still respawn at the appropriate rate.

Ammunition: You will have unlimited ammunition for all intents and purposes. You will still need to reload.  Conventional weapons you choose will have conventional ammo. If you choose Hawkeye's trick arrows whenever you take an arrow from the quiver, it will be replaced by one of it's kind. Regular ammunition will respawn instantly from where ever it was taken from. Custom ammunition like trick arrows or adamantium bullets will respawn at a rate of 1 magazine every 30 seconds for guns and 1 arrow every 5 seconds for arrows. Simple explosives like grenades will respawn once every 2 minutes, anything more complicated will respawn every 10 minutes on your person in it's appropriate location.

Team Members: Whilst you can't truly know, please assume that no one will fight you for leadership of the squad (unless its in character that they're a tool). I should say this isn't a popularity contest or anything but pick people you think would work well with each other. Kind of like the 'who would you take into a zombie apocalypse' thread from ages back. You can bring pretty much anyone but be honest about their attributes, both physical and mental. No one here is Captain America in H2H with a solid brass set like Dirty Harry. Pick people you trust because if I get enough people I'll post a bonus round based off the tactical decisions made. 

Scenario

No Caption Provided

Background

Quicksilver, determined to be vaguely relevant to the Marvel Universe has decided to donate his time and resources to rebuilding the Xaver's Institute for Higher Learning in Westchester. After hiring several engineers he rebuilds the Mansion with super speed. Bastion uses his kooky google map powers and gasps audibly at seeing the mansion rebuilt and decides to send forces to demolish this location that could be a symbol for surviving mutants to rally behind. Using stolen Celestial technology he has cloned or brainwashed numerous villains to do his bidding. Luckily, your team will be on site to put paid to Bastion's minions. Sensing danger at the mansion, Emma Frost will provide a telepathic link for your team when they arrive to protect the X-Men's (former) home. You will have 2 hours between each wave.

All battles will take place outside the mansion, in the school grounds. You may not enter the building during the waves and may not leave the grounds at any point for any reason. Your enemies will enter at the front, they may use the gate or scale the walls to enter. You will not know who is coming or when they are coming, you just know it will be assaulted at some point. You will be alerted by Emma Frost before the first wave, for simplicity's sake let's assume you have time to get to the school grounds 30 minutes before the first wave arrives. I apologize in advance for the extreme difficulty presented by classic Vulture and his looping of a great many loops.

Enemies

Wave 1

10 Neo-Sentinels
6 Purifiers (Assault Rifles and Grenades)

Wave 2

Sabretooth (Adamantium)
Toad
Avalanche
Pyro
Vertigo
Random

Wave 3

Electro (Classic)
Shocker
Green Goblin (Norman)
Vulture (Adrian Toomes, automatic Glock)
Lizard
Scorpion (Mac Gargan)

Wave 4

Daken (current)
Bullseye (Daggers, Throwing Knives, Sais)
Omega Red (with Armor, pheromones won't affect teammates)
Mister X (Dual Katanas)
Tombstone (AK47, 2 Colt .45s)
Carnage  

Bonus Round

Background
Your team will be joined here by your lovely telepathic link, Emma Frost. She will not have access to her secondary mutation, however. Yeah, you better gasp collectively.

Enemies
Juggernaut (current)
Black Tom Cassidy (classic, pimp cane)
Deathbird  
Bishop (with cybernetic arm, MP5, Desert Eagle) 

Good luck!  
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dane

Please post in this thread, my apologies for the double post.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Team Members: Whilst you can't truly know, please assume that no one will fight you for leadership of the squad (unless its in character that they're a tool). I should say this isn't a popularity contest or anything but pick people you think would work well with each other. Kind of like the 'who would you take into a zombie apocalypse' thread from ages back. You can bring pretty much anyone but be honest about their attributes, both physical and mental. No one here is Captain America in H2H with a solid brass set like Dirty Harry. Pick people you trust because if I get enough people I'll post a bonus round based off the tactical decisions made.

LOL
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dane
@Lance Uppercut said:
"  

LOL "
Hey, my threads demand complete authenticity >_>
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Power NeXus

@Dane: 

ok, I've learnt some lessons from the first battle and I'm prepared to make one that I think will be even better.

Don't lie to us Dane.

We all know that that's impossible. 

=] 

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I might just use my Power NeXus from the last one here, he was incredibly useful. I'll need to think this through. Thanks for a second one, Dane.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dane

rawr, I promise the battlefield will be one you're (probably) all familiar with too :)

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Power NeXus

I really liked some of the combinations I came up with in the first showdown, but for the sake of creativity I feel obligated to make new ones.

*rough draft. Will probably be subject to revisions.

Power NeXus 
 Power set: Wolverine's powers
Abilities: Captian America's skills
Special equipment: Hornet's suit
Additional equipment: AA-12, M-16 grenades, 4 Desert Eagles

k4tzm4n 

Power set: Longshot's powers
Abilities: Shang-Chi's skills
Special equipment: Constrictor's suit
Additional equipment: 2 M-16s, grenades, 4 Desert Eagles, 2 ka-bar knives 

Retnex

Power set: Gambit's powers
Abilities: Lady Shiva's skills
Special equipment: Iron Spider suit  
Additional equipment: several decks of playing cards, M-16, 2 katanas, 4 large combat knives  

My team will be trained by Taskmaster.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dane

rawr, I'll post a team this time ^_^

Dane

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Powers: Gambit's kinetic charging, agility, speed.
Abilities: Dick Grayson's fighting skills, acrobatics, accuracy, detective skills.
Equipment: Batman's Suit, Utility Belt, Eskrima Sticks, 10 decks of playing cards, Batarangs.

Description: Grayson's acrobatic skills should go superbly with Gambit's enhanced agility. In addition I'll have Grayson's accuracy with trick batarangs and playing cards etc. I should be formidable in close quarters with my eskrima sticks or rapid nerve strikes. At range I could be a powerhouse of explosive damage. The trick batarangs should give me a useful advantage against a wide range of potential enemies. Batman's suit should give me moderate protection but realistically without a healing factor or high durability, I'll have to rely on my speed to keep me out of danger.

Geraldthesloth

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Powers: Nightcrawler's teleportation, speed, agility, dexterity.
Abilities: Connor Hawke's fighting skills and accuracy.
Equipment: Green Arrow's Bow and Trick Arrows, Katana, 3x Stun Grenades, 1x Small Block of C4 and Detonator, Kevlar/Nomex-weave Suit. 

Description: One of the best ways in big team books like JLA or Avengers for the little guy to take down big metahuman targets is a good bit of skill and some trick arrows. One of the main weaknesses of characters like Green Arrow and Hawkeye, however, is their low durability. They could get speed blitzed or taken down with a single hit by fast or powerful enemies. Hopefully I can overcome this by giving Gerald Nightcrawler's powers. So he can teleport out of danger, back to a good distance and hit whatever was rushing him with a volley of arrows. Connor Hawke is a little more competent in hand to hand than Green Arrow (imo) so he should be able to tangle in close range. This will be helped by the extra speed and agility of Nightcrawler.

Andferne

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Powers: Cyclops optic blasts, intuitive geometric knowledge.
Abilities: Captain America's fighting skill, accuracy, tactical experience.
Equipment: Captain America's Shield, Kevlar/Nomex-weave Suit, SOCOM .45, Stun Grenades, Flashbangs, Combat Knife.

Description: Andy's RP character is a classic and with two fast characters, we need someone who can take a direct assault. With Cap's shield he should be able to protect Gerald while he makes ranged attacks and handle just about anything in melee with Cap's fighting skills. At the same time, Andy is by no means strictly a defensive character, with Cyclop's optic blasts he can let rip from range and kick all sorts of @$$. Andy will take it to anyone and whilst I might be the team leader, he'll probably be it's inspiration with his shield and skills.

Training

I'm going to pick Taskmaster to help us train for the month. We've already got the skills we need but he can help Andy train with the shield, Gerald with his bow and me with my hand to hand. After one month we should (hopefully) be ready for whatever challenge awaits us :D
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Andferne

What's Nomex-weave?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dane
@Andferne said:

" What's Nomex-weave? "

It's the flame retardant stuff that Batman uses in his suit. It has excellent thermal, chemical and radiation resistance. Race car drivers and military pilots have suits made of it so they don't catch fire during crashes.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andferne
@Dane: Ah ok.
Cap's chain mail mesh suit/armor was supposedly flame resistant too.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dane
@Andferne said:
" @Dane: Ah ok. Cap's chain mail mesh suit/armor was supposedly flame resistant too. "
Yeah, but I have no idea on the durability of 'duralunim' or whatever his suit is made out of.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dane

ok, can't help myself. You guys will get a clue:

141-142.

Good luck :o

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
"ok, can't help myself. You guys will get a clue:  141-142.  Good luck :o"

I'VE GOT IT! 
142 minus 141 is one. 

You're going to have us fight The ONE Above All! 
o__0 

I think I'm going to need a better team then...
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus said:
" @Dane said:
"ok, can't help myself. You guys will get a clue:  141-142.  Good luck :o"
I'VE GOT IT! 142 minus 141 is one.  You're going to have us fight The ONE Above All! o__0      I think I'm going to need a better team then... "
rofl, close >_>

I'm headed to bed but your team doesn't look too bad so far. Don't worry, you'll fight far less individual enemies than last time.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane: 

I'm headed to bed but your team doesn't look too bad so far. Don't worry, you'll fight far less individual enemies than last time.  

That's not necessarily a good thing. Fighting less individual enemies means that a greater percentage of the enemies will be the ''Geth Prime, Colossus, ect" type.
Avatar image for thedudefromoverthere_
Thedudefromoverthere_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how do these things work?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Power NeXus
@Thedudefromoverthere_ said:
"how do these things work? "

Based only on the information and rules Dane has provided, you do your best to create the best team you can (giving one power set, one skill set, and one special weapon to yourself and two other comicviners). After a certain amount of time, Dane will announce that no more team editing is allowed, and he will give us the scenario our teams will fight in. We then see if the team we created is good enough to beat the missions.
Avatar image for thedudefromoverthere_
Thedudefromoverthere_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Power NeXus said:

" @Thedudefromoverthere_ said:

"how do these things work? "
Based only on the information and rules Dane has provided, you do your best to create the best team you can (giving one power set, one skill set, and one special weapon to yourself and two other comicviners). After a certain amount of time, Dane will announce that no more team editing is allowed, and he will give us the scenario our teams will fight in. We then see if the team we created is good enough to beat the missions. "
hmm seems like a RPG type thing is no debate s involved?
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Andferne
@Thedudefromoverthere_ said:
"hmm seems like a RPG type thing is no debate s involved? "
It's nothing like an rpg type thing we do here. When he introduces the opposition we take our teams and see if they can get through each scenario. He and others are fully capable of saying(Debating) if your tactics and plans would work.
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DedmanWalkin

We also debate over whether or not certain powers, skills, and equipment should be allowed. Sure there are many RPG elements to this type of thread but most games have RPG elements these days. 

Like Power NeXus, I feel I need to create a completely new roster just for creativity's sake. 

I was wondering if the Accelerator Suits from the GI Joe Movie would be too much. They enhance speed, reflexes, strength, and durability and provide a machine gun and rocket launcher. What about Scarlett's power bow with seeking bolts? 
What about the Ghost's suit? 
Would the Big Guy suit from "Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot" be too much? 
Does the Killer's aim count as training or powers? Does Magic count as training or power? 

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dane
@DedmanWalkin: Things from movies are very difficult to quantify. Based on feats alone, movie Iron Man isn't necessarily above Spider-Man. We only ever saw him lift a car and survive a few metahuman punches.

Ghost's suit from GI Joe comics is in.

I have honestly no idea about Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot. It's probably not on. 

From what we've seen, Wesley Gibson doesn't honestly do anything that anyone with a bit of weapons training and some decent reflexes couldn't do. You'd be much better choosing Bullseye since he has more feats.

You'd have to ask me what magic you're talking about. It's almost entirely off limits since Dr. Strange has a spell for nearly every occasion.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Power NeXus
@DedmanWalkin:  

Like Power NeXus, I feel I need to create a completely new roster just for creativity's sake. 

Too bad. Trapster's suit really was a brilliant pick. It's one of the reasons I chose Blizzard's suit for this match.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane:
Star Wars characters would be included under Dark Horse, correct?
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Storm Shadow and the Baroness were able to easily nullify any advantages that it granted due to better training. I would say that it grants the user at least 100mph speed, 1 ton strength, and at least Spider-man Level durability, but it is also bulletproof.  What about Scarlett's bow? It has a fairly low rate of fire but always hits its target.

Big Guy is a very large robotic suit that looks like it was made in the 60s. I just realized that it also increases durability to nuke-resistant so it is probably out.  

I meant Ghost from Marvel Comics. It grants the user invisibility or intangibility but not both at the same time. It also allows a certain level of technopathy, but only if the user is physically touching the computer. It can be disabled via EMP, regardless of what state it is in. So, if we came upon something like Geth Hoppers, it would become useless. 

Wesley Gibson did kill an entire room of 20+ supervillains in less than a second. I have never seen Bullseye pull off such a feat. 

Could I use Bumblebee's size altering super suit?

I wanted to ask you about Doc Ock's harness, if I only take 2 tentacles can I have adamantium tentacles? I would love to have adamantium tentacles but if need be I am cool with standard tentacles.

I was thinking maybe if I took Drizzt's training would that grant me his spells as well?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: They are. Although the usual force limitations will likely apply.

@DedmanWalkin:  Blammo, I was thinking of Wraith somehow. Ghost is probably a bit too much. You won't be up against Geth :P I think a suit with just invisibility is already a really solid item. Intangibility and Technopathy could well be too much for a single item.

Bullseye was also never the title character for his own comic in his own universe with Mark Millar writing. Gibson's feats include weapon accuracy and reflexes. For the purposes of arguments Bullseye is roughly the same if not better. Wesley Gibson shot people in the head with a 9mm, including people who should have been immune to bullets. Besides, Gibson never did anything this cool:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I have no idea what Bumblebee's size altering super suit is. What does it do? Or at least, what kind of size altering are we talking here?

I think 4 titanium tentacles would be best for Doc Ock. Let me have a think about the adamantium bit and keep in mind the one month's prep.

Drizzt's spells are racial Drow abilities. Only a Drow can use them in the DnD world Drizzt comes from. (Faerun)
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane:
Can I use the adamantium tentacles for Constrictor's suit?
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Bumblebee's suit allows her to do pretty much everything that the Wasp does in marvel comics, she is just a copy. Damn, I was hoping to get Drizzt's spells with training. I'm almost done refining my characters. 

@ Power NeXus:  I know, I love the flexibility that Trapster's suit allows. Did Dane say that Blizzard's suit was okay? He told me no to Captain Cold and Mr. Freeze's freeze guns and they don't do near as much as Blizzard's suit. Blizzard's suit almost allow him Iceman-like abilities. If Dane says it is cool, I may use one of the cold guns.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: Yeah, that should be fine.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sherlock

i got a character ready i just need a team anyone interested?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Power NeXus
@DedmanWalkin said:
"Bumblebee's suit allows her to do pretty much everything that the Wasp does in marvel comics, she is just a copy. Damn, I was hoping to get Drizzt's spells with training. I'm almost done refining my characters.   @ Power NeXus:  I know, I love the flexibility that Trapster's suit allows. Did Dane say that Blizzard's suit was okay? He told me no to Captain Cold and Mr. Freeze's freeze guns and they don't do near as much as Blizzard's suit. Blizzard's suit almost allow him Iceman-like abilities. If Dane says it is cool, I may use one of the cold guns. "

He mentioned looking over my team, but he didn't say anything against Blizzard's suit. I was under the impression those freeze guns were way more potent than his suit. They can produce temps of nearly absolute zero. Blizzard's suit can make ice shards, walls, slides, mini blizzards, ect. Pretty much anything that Iceman could do in the 70's and 80's (though I've never heard of him creating ice armor like Iceman did).
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Power NeXus
@Sherlock said:
"i got a character ready i just need a team anyone interested? "

Sure. I'll be on your team. =]
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sherlock

Coolio just need one more

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dane
@Sherlock:
You can use me, but not my knowledge of who you're facing ;)

@DedmanWalkin said:
" Bumblebee's suit allows her to do pretty much everything that the Wasp does in marvel comics, she is just a copy. Damn, I was hoping to get Drizzt's spells with training. I'm almost done refining my characters.   @ Power NeXus:  I know, I love the flexibility that Trapster's suit allows. Did Dane say that Blizzard's suit was okay? He told me no to Captain Cold and Mr. Freeze's freeze guns and they don't do near as much as Blizzard's suit. Blizzard's suit almost allow him Iceman-like abilities. If Dane says it is cool, I may use one of the cold guns. "

I haven't specifically answered that one. I'll have a look into Blizzard's suit. I've only seen a handful of his appearances and they were about 5-10 years ago.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sherlock

Awesome and you guys are using the people you already posted?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dane
@Sherlock: Oh, you choose our powers, abilities and equipment for us. You make the whole team and we follow you into battle.

@DedmanWalkin:

No Caption Provided

Upon review, his equipment certainly falls under the 'allows you to easily defeat vastly superior enemies' category. Blizzard is out.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sherlock

oh thats even better

Sherlock

Powers:Nightcrawlers/teleportation, speed, agility, dexterity,Tail and camouflage in darkness

Ability:Deadpools/Martial Arts Skills Marksmanship and sense of humor 

Equipment:Prince Nuada's Spear

Power NeXus

Powers:Havoks Powers/Energy absorption and and channeling heat and radiation imunity

Ability: Slades/Martial arts skills Marksmanship and strategic skills

Equipment: Iron Spider Suit

Dane

Powers:Beasts secondary mutation/ strength, speed, reflexes, agility, flexibility,coordination, balance,stamina,scenes and also claws

Ability: Batgirls/Martial arts skills,Body reading,pain resistance

Equipment: Black Panthers Suit 

Trained by Lady Shiva
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dane
@Sherlock:  Hellion's telekinesis is out. I'll have to think about Havok and boosted Mystique.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
"@Sherlock: Oh, you choose our powers, abilities and equipment for us. You make the whole team and we follow you into battle.

@DedmanWalkin:

Upon review, his equipment certainly falls under the 'allows you to easily defeat vastly superior enemies' category. Blizzard is out. "

Grrrrrrrrr. 

I'm going to kill you, Dedmanwalkin...
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane:
What would you say about Wrecker's crowbar, or any of Mandarin's rings?
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I am so sorry PowerNeXus! Though, Dane would have caught it eventually. There are other character suits out there for you to use. I would say that since the Wrecker's Crowbar allows him to keep up with Thor that it is out but I'll leave that to Dane. He would probably allow for the Black Light or Vortex ring but I can't see Dane approving any other rings. This just forces you to get even more creative. 

I was wondering about reloadable rocket launchers like the RPG7, does it fall under the standard equipment umbrella? Since it is reloadable, how many shots do we get or is it going to be on a cool down like grenades? I decided I'll just take the normal 4 tentacled titanium Doc Ock harness. I am still working on the other 2 but here is a preliminary draft of DedmanWalkin. I had the idea to use Deadpool before I saw Sherlock's team.

DedmanWalkin
Powers: The Spot's Powers
Training: Deadpool's Training and Comedic Timing
Item: Doc Ock's Standard 4 Tentacle Harness
Equipment: Dual Katanas, Dual Desert Eagles, Grenades, Kevlar/Nomex Weave Body Suit, Thermal Goggles, 2 MK44 Miniguns, 4 RPG7s

Now as for the other two, have you decided on Bumblebee's suit? What about the GI Joe Accelerator Suit? I was thinking of using Black Manta's suit but it is made for fighting Aquaman, is that too powerful? The suit grants Aquaman-level durability and strength, jet boots, complete ability to survive in the depths of the ocean, laser beam eyes, a telepathic disruptor, and mini torpedo launchers. It will be less useful above the waves but still has some things that I want. I was also wondering about Hulkling's powers, are they too powerful? What about a normal Skrull?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Power NeXus

I guess I'll trade out Blizzard's suit for Hornet's. 

I'd also like to hear the verdict on the RPG-7...
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus said:

" @Dane: What would you say about Wrecker's crowbar, or any of Mandarin's rings? "

lol, no. Wrecker's crowbar is enchanted in a way that if I allowed it, I'd have to allow something like Mjolnir. Mandarin's rings are even worse.

@DedmanWalkin: The Spot is out. Also do you really think you can personally carry 2 miniguns and 4 rpgs? Classic Doc Ock doesn't have that kind of manual dexterity.

Bumblebee's suit is said to give her superhuman strength, to what degree?

GI Joe's movie suit comes with bullet time and certifiable levels of stupid.

I think you already know about Black Manta's durability/strength.

Hulkling has been shown with at least class 50 strength based on the Young Avengers series.

Normal Skrull as in the same as classic Mystique?

Also Deadpool's comedic timing isn't actually a real thing. If you use 'I taunt the bad guys with Deadpool's comedy and they're caught off caught by my attacks!!!1' in your posts I'll develop clinical depression.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane: 

Also do you really think you can personally carry 2 miniguns and 4 rpgs? Classic Doc Ock doesn't have that kind of manual dexterity.  

Nevertheless, RPGs are still allowed, aren't they?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: If you can carry them. But let's be realistic here. Due to the rules you still only have the ammo you can carry, which realistically isn't much at all and you still have to reload everything by hand.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus: If you can carry them. But let's be realistic here. Due to the rules you still only have the ammo you can carry, which realistically isn't much at all and you still have to reload everything by hand."

True dat. 
I don't suppose I could have Slapstick's "infinitie pockets" as a special item, could I? lol
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: uh, you can have a bag of holding if you like. You've still only got 2 hands ^_^.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Power NeXus
@Dane said:
" @Power NeXus: uh, you can have a bag of holding if you like. You've still only got 2 hands ^_^."

Not if I get the powers of Spiral or Terror Inc... 
lolz
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dane
@Power NeXus: Spiral won't be allowed because of her magic. Terror Inc won't have access to corpses.