@toratorn

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Underfire47

Thing wins, Damage lacks feats and his best one is stalemating Rebirth Superman.

Necrogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: He fodderized the Task Force X as well..And stalemating Rebirth Superman seems out of Ben's capacity IMO. What do you think?

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrogod: He also struggled greatly with Batman alone and couldn't beat Rebirth WW in an hour of fighting. I am not really sure about that, maybe Rebirth Superman of today but not back then, Rebirth Superman is horrible inconsistent and a pretty big jobber.

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damage fodderizes

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e
deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: I mean there's also context to consider in the Superman vs Damage fight in that Superman specifically wanted to restrain him/buy enough time for Batman to show up with Deadman. It was specifically stated, word for word, that Superman's goal was never to beat him... That's probably also why he was acting so out of character throughout the fight.

Necrogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway I'm still thinking Damage has a shot here.

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Necrogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damage oneshots Thing. Entirely different level of power.

@necrogod: He also struggled greatly with Batman alone and couldn't beat Rebirth WW in an hour of fighting. I am not really sure about that, maybe Rebirth Superman of today but not back then, Rebirth Superman is horrible inconsistent and a pretty big jobber.

Haha no. Superman has been pretty consistent over a year and half and is consistently shown as at least a team buster beyond the likes of Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Black Adam and Supergirl (the typical top tiers in DC). Just recently he and Mongul were punching each other across solar systems and fighting at superspeed across the solar systems. The same Mongul who literally killed previous Mongul by punching through him (which is beyond the likes of Zod, Cyborg Superman and Superman himself could've done).

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Damage sucks. I can't see him beating Thing based on his mediocre feats.

Avatar image for fernandeztimothygian
fernandeztimothygian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thing one shot Immortal Hulk, he wins here

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousmokeweed: that was the thing from the 80's fighting sentry Doom ironman and sentry traveled back to get something from reed's lab even 07 ben which is around the time that issue came out would have staggered sentry current ben is much stronger than either.

No Caption Provided

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Underfire47

@darkhoudini said:

@underfire47: I mean there's also context to consider in the Superman vs Damage fight in that Superman specifically wanted to restrain him/buy enough time for Batman to show up with Deadman. It was specifically stated, word for word, that Superman's goal was never to beat him... That's probably also why he was acting so out of character throughout the fight.

Yea but doesn't that tell you something pretty obvious? That Superman couldn't beat him on his own, at least not in that amount of time or at least Batman and others were not confident in such an outcome which is why they brought Deadman in the first place, besides the same Superman said he was never hit that hard and specifically mentioned him dying in the past from getting pretty hard. Either way both seem to be trying a lot and look pretty even to me, IIRC the creators of Damage the writer and artist have said things about Damage being able to take on the JL by himself and that he could fight Superman evenly if i remember correctly, so the fight seemed to indicate that as well. It's a shame because if Damage had more showings and if he didn't job to dumb crap like he did a few times in his series he could have been another Doomsday/Hulk clone that could have been every bit as strong as Superman, but he is pretty much a forgotten character now.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ben buckles galactus knee then takes direct shot from galactus that galactus states is powerful enough to destroy a planet.
ben buckles galactus knee then takes direct shot from galactus that galactus states is powerful enough to destroy a planet.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immortal Hulk is not even as strong as savage Hulk, hardly the most impressive feat.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini said:

Yea but doesn't that tell you something pretty obvious? That Superman couldn't beat him on his own, besides the same Superman said he was never hit that hard and specifically mentioned him dying in the past from getting pretty hard.

And? How is that a low showing for either Damage or Superman?

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was to split the mantle of the planet. Not destroy the planet.

fernandeztimothygian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Underfire47
@shurukudemon said:

@underfire47 said:

Haha no. Superman has been pretty consistent over a year and half and is consistently shown as at least a team buster beyond the likes of Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Black Adam and Supergirl (the typical top tiers in DC). Just recently he and Mongul were punching each other across solar systems and fighting at superspeed across the solar systems. The same Mongul who literally killed previous Mongul by punching through him (which is beyond the likes of Zod, Cyborg Superman and Superman himself could've done).

I haven't seen a single reason to make me believe he is a teambuster, that's quite a stretch. Really in the last few months from what i have seen he was unable to stop a turtle the size of a car from falling from the sky, he got KO'd by Supergirl from being slammed into a bridge, he got manhandled by Donna, he got badly beat up by Shazam(both were holding back) he got briefly KO'd by an UV grenade that replicates the effects of the Red Sun(i know it's his weakness but he has flown through a Red Sun before and had it have less effect on him), got KO'd by that same Mongul you mentioned at the beginning of the fight, got KO'd by Sinestro, got KO'd Cheetah hitting him in the back with the God killer sword which was pretty weird and that's just off the top of my head in the last few months... And i am not saying this is all he is, he has some good feats but stuff like this don't make a teambuster and before al this it was even worse... The Mongul thing was awesome(although where did it say they punched each other across different solar systems? I thought it was across different planets) but that's kinda my problem with current Superman, he gets a cool feat like that but every other week i also find him jobbing to something or someone. Which is why i still say his biggest problem is he appears in way too many different comics, written by way too many different people all of which have different ideas about his power level. Which is why i see him as being so inconsistent, regardless even with his best feats i don't see him as a teambuster by any stretch of the imagination, characters i think could stomp current Superman like WBH or Surfer i don't consider as teambusters, let alone him.

GreyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing one shots 6/10. Damage is fodder, monsters around his level got beat by small bombs hitting them of the face or mouth. Beating rebirth superman isn't all that great for scaling since same guy struggled with an elephant and a steamroller.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fernandeztimothygian said:

Immortal Hulk is not even as strong as savage Hulk, hardly the most impressive feat.

@shurukudemon: Immortal Hulk > World War Hulk > Savage Hulk

Neither of these things are true.

First off the writer already said Immortal Hulk and Savage Hulk are pretty much equal.

And has confirmed that Green Scar is stronger than Devil Hulk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47:

Yea but doesn't that tell you something pretty obvious? That Superman couldn't beat him on his own

That doesn’t really help your argument, if you think Damage is above Superman yet loses to Thing... My point was that even Damage’s one seemingly impressive feat has context behind it making it less impressive so he gets beat here.

Batman and Clark knew there was a man inside Damage and say as much, then go on to say Clark’s role was to hold him back until his transformation ran out. I read it as them not wanting to hurt a potential “innocent” and so they went with a more pacifist route rather than letting Clark and Damage punch it out at full strength for as long as it takes. If Clark really can’t beat Damage something we don’t know for certain since he never truly tried then it just a testament to Damage‘s power, making him more impressive than he’s been shown most of the time.

besides the same Superman said he was never hit that hard and specifically mentioned him dying in the past from getting pretty hard.

So do you think Damage is impressive or not...? Do you really think thats the hardest Superman has been hit? Harder than all Doomsday incarnations, harder than Darkseid, harder than an apmed all out Bizzaro, the same guy who punches people to the Sun? Because if you do I don’t see how you can think Damage loses here.

That’s that kind of talk you can easily find in comics but is impossible to take seriously due to different titles and writers. There’s been dozens of times when Superman has been hit and got way more hurt than shedding a singe drop of blood, he’s been knocked out plenty of times as an example and so on. Though he did directly compare Damage‘s hits with the time he was killed so I guess you could say Damage hits harder than DOS Doomsday.

fernandeztimothygian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shurukudemon

@fernandeztimothygian: Whoa, read up man. That's just wrong.

@underfire47 said:
@shurukudemon said:

@underfire47 said:

I haven't seen a single reason to make me believe he is a teambuster, that's quite a stretch. Really in the last few months from what i have seen he was unable to stop a turtle the size of a car from falling from the sky, he got KO'd by Supergirl from being slammed into a bridge, he got manhandled by Donna, he got badly beat up by Shazam(both were holding back) he got briefly KO'd by an UV grenade that replicates the effects of the Red Sun(i know it's his weakness but he has flown through a Red Sun before and had it have less effect on him), got KO'd by that same Mongul you mentioned at the beginning of the fight, got KO'd by Sinestro, got KO'd Cheetah hitting him in the back with the God killer sword which was pretty weird and that's just off the top of my head in the last few months... And i am not saying this is all he is, he has some good feats but stuff like this don't make a teambuster and before al this it was even worse... The Mongul thing was awesome(although where did it say they punched each other across different solar systems? I thought it was across different planets) but that's kinda my problem with current Superman, he gets a cool feat like that but every other week i also find him jobbing to something or someone. Which is why i still say his biggest problem is he appears in way too many different comics, written by way too many different people all of which have different ideas about his power level. Which is why i see him as being so inconsistent, regardless even with his best feats i don't see him as a teambuster by any stretch of the imagination, characters i think could stomp current Superman like WBH or Surfer i don't consider as teambusters, let alone him.

Yeah, you are randomly saying things which are just not there. Superman manhandled both shazam and supergirl together when he was pissed. Donna Troy? She caught him from behind. Mongul? That was outright said to be due to Mongul getting lucky. Sinestro? He tanked UV Sinestro and Luthor combined, flew across the galaxy within eight and a half minutes and was taking on entire Legion of Doom singlehandedly before Cheetah suckershotted him with a sword that shattered Diana's bracers.

Action Comics 1020

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

That's your idea of a low showing? Man, you are really desperate. Take it like this as you think, Legion of Doom would stomp WBH or Silver Surfer like nothing, heck they helped Bat Mite defeat freaking Mr Mxyzptlk and Grodd alone stopped entire universe from expanding.

Justice League 4

No Caption Provided

Perpetua's children with the hidden forces vs Monitor, Anti Monitor and World Forger whom they overpowered.

Justice League 22

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

The seven hidden forces of the multiverse are each universal level powers. Heck, Perpetua's children armed with these powers overwhelmed Monitor and World Forger until judges of the source bailed them out.

Superman taking on entire Legion of Doom is one of the best teambuster showings out there. Because these characters actually have showings of their own.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shurukudemon
@nwname said:

Thing one shots 6/10. Damage is fodder, monsters around his level got beat by small bombs hitting them of the face or mouth. Beating rebirth superman isn't all that great for scaling since same guy struggled with an elephant and a steamroller.

Yeah, that's like two years ago under a different writer group (Jurgens and Thomasi). Since then Superman has destroyed a planet, shook up entire phantom zone, broke unbreakable chains used to haul suns across galaxies and punched people across solar systems. Within a year.

You have clearly not read much about Superman.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fernandeztimothygian:

Savage Hulk and Devil Hulk

No Caption Provided

and Green Scar and Devil Hulk

No Caption Provided

It's also worth noting that none of these Hulks are at their full power yet, the comic has hinted and so has the writer on twitter that the more Banner trust and works together with them the stronger they get, which is why Devil Hulk has been able to somewhat overcome his Sunlight weakness recently, because Banner trusts him more but still not at 100%.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: Nope, Savage Hulk is stated as stronger than Immortal Hulk in the comic itself.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini: That doesn’t really help your argument, if you think Damage is above Superman yet loses to Thing... My point was that even Damage’s one seemingly impressive feat has context behind it making it less impressive so he gets beat here.

Who said Damage was above Superman?

Batman and Clark knew there was a man inside Damage and say as much, then go on to say Clark’s role was to hold him back until his transformation ran out. I read it as them not wanting to hurt a potential “innocent” and so they went with a more pacifist route rather than letting Clark and Damage punch it out at full strength for as long as it takes. If Clark really can’t beat Damage something we don’t know for certain since he never truly tried then it just a testament to Damage‘s power, making him more impressive than he’s been shown most of the time.

That's a bit of a stretch, considering Superman was pretty eager to dish out his punches and used HV on Damage, i wont say he was going all out but if he didn't want to hurt him, he did a poor job of not wanting to hurt him.

So do you think Damage is impressive or not...? Do you really think thats the hardest Superman has been hit? Harder than all Doomsday incarnations, harder than Darkseid, harder than an apmed all out Bizzaro, the same guy who punches people to the Sun? Because if you do I don’t see how you can think Damage loses here.

I think Damage is an inconsistent mess like almost all of Rebirth. I don't know, visually it didn't look like it, but that stuff a lot of the times falls down to artist, visually IH punch on Thor didn't look impressive but it still broke his skull and Cap mentions how he never saw him get hit that hard, so who knows.

That’s that kind of talk you can easily find in comics but is impossible to take seriously due to different titles and writers. There’s been dozens of times when Superman has been hit and got way more hurt than shedding a singe drop of blood, he’s been knocked out plenty of times as an example and so on. Though he did directly compare Damage‘s hits with the time he was killed so I guess you could say Damage hits harder than DOS Doomsday.

Yea probably, the real question is how do the writers compare DOS DD to current Superman and other high-tiers i wonder if they have the same low opinions of the character as we do.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Underfire47

@shurukudemon: Yeah, you are randomly saying things which are just not there. Superman manhandled both shazam and supergirl together when he was pissed. Donna Troy? She caught him from behind. Mongul? That was outright said to be due to Mongul getting lucky. Sinestro? He tanked UV Sinestro and Luthor combined, flew across the galaxy within eight and a half minutes and was taking on entire Legion of Doom singlehandedly before Cheetah suckershotted him with a sword that shattered Diana's bracers.

I mean everything i said is what happened. He did but that doesn't negate that Supergirl still KO'd him by herself, that actually adds more to my argument about him being written inconsistently. Ok, but he had plenty of time to fight back. Where was it said Mongul got lucky there? Yea but he also got downed by Sinestro alone, he was taking on the entire Legion of Doom but wasn't winning against them. Yea the sword shattered Dianas bracers but what's weird to me is that he got hit by it in the back and got KO'd? Which is not how swords are suppose to work, Diana tanked it with her bare hands too.

That's your idea of a low showing? Man, you are really desperate. Take it like this as you think, Legion of Doom would stomp WBH or Silver Surfer like nothing, heck they helped Bat Mite defeat freaking Mr Mxyzptlk and Grodd alone stopped entire universe from expanding.

I don't think mentioning all that i mentioned is desperate lol, you ignored most of the showings i mentioned anyway. Eh maybe they would but they would have a harder time doing so then they did with Clark. I am yet to see what makes Clark a teambuster here.

The seven hidden forces of the multiverse are each universal level powers. Heck, Perpetua's children armed with these powers overwhelmed Monitor and World Forger until judges of the source bailed them out.

Ok?

Superman taking on entire Legion of Doom is one of the best teambuster showings out there. Because these characters actually have showings of their own.

LOL, he didn't beat any of them, how is that a teambuster showing? He got taken out by several of them individually at different points. Superboy alone took a blast from Luthor, Braniac and Sinestro combined... Is Superboy also that powerful or did the Legion not operate at a universal level here? To call this a teambuster showing is ridiculous when Superman had no chance of taking out any of them even when an entire team of heroes got there to help him, the only thing that evened the odds was Red Cloud switching sides.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: Nope, Savage Hulk is stated as stronger than Immortal Hulk in the comic itself.

That's during the day, when Immortal Hulk is weaker.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean everything i said is what happened. He did but that doesn't negate that Supergirl still KO'd him by herself, that actually adds more to my argument about him being written inconsistently. Ok, but he had plenty of time to fight back. Where was it said Mongul got lucky there? Yea but he also got downed by Sinestro alone, he was taking on the entire Legion of Doom but wasn't winning against them. Yea the sword shattered Dianas bracers but what's weird to me is that he got hit by it in the back and got KO'd? Which is not how swords are suppose to work, Diana tanked it with her bare hands too.

He did not appear to be koed more like stunned for a few pages, he and Batman were trying to talk sense into her.

No Caption Provided

Mongul got lucky to knock Superman out as he was distracted.

"When a mad creature with the power of Mongul gets lucky enough to knock me out"

No Caption Provided

Not to mention this Mongul is far stronger than the previous version of Mongul to the point he oneshot killed previous Mongul.

Superman Villains

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Not with a lasso around his head (Donna was also said to rival Diana in strength) there and it was both Blue Beetle and Donna Troy at the same time.

I don't think mentioning all that i mentioned is desperate lol, you ignored most of the showings i mentioned anyway. Eh maybe they would but they would have a harder time doing so then they did with Clark. I am yet to see what makes Clark a teambuster here.

Yeah, not seeing any counters here to LOD's power.

Ok?

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or not.

LOL, he didn't beat any of them, how is that a teambuster showing? He got taken out by several of them individually at different points. Superboy alone took a blast from Luthor, Braniac and Sinestro combined... Is Superboy also that powerful or did the Legion not operate at a universal level here? To call this a teambuster showing is ridiculous when Superman had no chance of taking out any of them even when an entire team of heroes got there to help him, the only thing that evened the odds was Red Cloud switching sides.

He took on the entire LOD for an extended amount of time. And why is everything about dismissing feats for you? Superboy taking a blast from LOD does not negates their already established feats, its a feat for Superboy.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shurukudemon said:

That's during the day, when Immortal Hulk is weaker.

The comic does not mentions that Devil Hulk is weaker in day only. BTW, ewing also said Devil Hulk can't destroy a planet.

No Caption Provided

While even mid tier characters in DC like Starfire are giving power equal to 5 hypernovae.

Darkseid vs Starfire.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Mind you, even a weakened Darkseid tanked her like nothing. Rebirth characters are at a different level of power.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shurukudemon: He did not appear to be koed more like stunned for a few pages, he and Batman were trying to talk sense into her.

He looked pretty KO'd to me with his limp body.

No Caption Provided

Mongul got lucky to knock Superman out as he was distracted.

Superman didn't say he got lucky because he was distracted, just Superman being shocked that someone like Mongul can knock him out. I guess he wasn't expecting it.

Not to mention this Mongul is far stronger than the previous version of Mongul to the point he oneshot killed previous Mongul.

Yea that's pretty good.

Not with a lasso around his head (Donna was also said to rival Diana in strength) there and it was both Blue Beetle and Donna Troy at the same time.

I mean even without the lasso around him she went toe to toe with him fairly well and being Dianas equal in strength really isn't an impressive thing to me lol.

Yeah, not seeing any counters here to LOD's power.

The counter is that plenty of other characters fought them and tanked their attacks in that same comic.

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or not.

Just not seeing the point of it.

He took on the entire LOD for an extended amount of time. And why is everything about dismissing feats for you? Superboy taking a blast from LOD does not negates their already established feats, its a feat for Superboy.

Yea and he spent most of the time being their punching bag, the amount of times he was on his knees or in fetal position can't be even counted on 1 arm. Because if a character weaker than Superman goes through the same stuff that isn't that impressive to me, you can't have Superboy and Batman in armor and Diana and dozen other characters survive attacks from LOD and then come and tell me how LOD operate on universal level here, let alone tell me this is one of the best showings of a teambuster despite the fact that Superman never busted any team here and just struggled to stay on his feet most of the fight.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Underfire47

@shurukudemon: The comic does not mentions that Devil Hulk is weaker in day only.

Yes it does

No Caption Provided

BTW, ewing also said Devil Hulk can't destroy a planet.

I know i posted that scan myself yesterday, it goes perfectly in line with what i was saying that no Hulk but WBH can bust a planet.

While even mid tier characters in DC like Starfire are giving power equal to 5 hypernovae.

Oof.... you wanna try that sentence again? First off no mid-tier is gonna generate on their own power equal to 5 hypernovas, if they did, they wouldn't be a mid-tier.

Secondly thats a GROSS misinterpretation of the event. First off Starfire was just a spark that ignited the fire, she did not generate that kind of power herself

No Caption Provided

I'd seriously question the mental well being on anyone that thinks Starfire a mid-tier can generate power of 5 hypernovas herself.

Secondly weakened Darkside is a joke, he almost got killed by having a spaceship hit him

No Caption Provided

And then at full power was bloodied by Jessica Cruz who only had 2% of power left in her ring.

No Caption Provided

Rebirth characters are at a different level of power.

This idea that Rebirth characters operate on some other level is pure fantasy and quite opposite of the reality, which is that Rebirth characters are quite inconsistent and filled with low showings.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By BruceRogers

@shurukudemon: Starfire simply jumpstarted a device that could create that much power. She never generated all that by herself. I mean, she failed to hurt a creature that was impaled by loose construction or a weakened Darkseid who had trouble withstanding tank busting bullets from Cyborg and was bloodied and knocked out by a spaceship ramming into him. Maybe she isn't that weak normally, but she isn't hypernovae level either. Let's not get ridiculous now.

Sure, Ewing doesn't believe IH can planet bust on his own. But so what? Just look at Superman -- he can bench the weight of the Earth in some stories but then barely budge it even with 2 high tiers helping him. Or struggle to move the moon. He, Supergirl, Superboy and Steel could barely overpower a continent busting force together in a late post crisis story. Steel even thought they would die from it.

Point is, different writers have different opinions. Hulk and Supes aren't always going to be planet busters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47:

Who said Damage was above Superman?

You in a sense “Yea but doesn't that tell you something pretty obvious? That Superman couldn't beat him on his own”. If Clark can’t beat him he’s either weaker or I guess equal, still it would make Damage more impressive.

That's a bit of a stretch, considering Superman was pretty eager to dish out his punches and used HV on Damage, i wont say he was going all out but if he didn't want to hurt him, he did a poor job of not wanting to hurt him.

That’s one of the problems actually, that‘s all insanely out of character for him, like I’ve read almost all of Superman’s appearances since Rebirth and I’ve never seen any writer have Superman act that way right down to the way he talked and the way he was literally egging Damage on. He wanted Damage to go for him in an attempt to restrain him and run out the clock as Batman said. And it’s not like the creative team was stupid, Venditti and Lopresti have written Superman, and quite recently, as he’s normally written, mostly reactionary and not a fight crazed muscleman seemingly trying to prove something. I don’t know why using HV somehow indicates anything, he has always been able to control its output, yes he’s was fighting him and yes he was obviously not going for love taps, he knew Damage was dangerous, but in the context of the fight he was obviously holding back. That was obviously not the same Superman who fought Rogol or Mongul or the infected etc...

I think Damage is an inconsistent mess like almost all of Rebirth. I don't know, visually it didn't look like it, but that stuff a lot of the times falls down to artist, visually IH punch on Thor didn't look impressive but it still broke his skull and Cap mentions how he never saw him get hit that hard, so who knows.

Yet there was no story reason in the Damage fight that makes his hits more impressive like breaking Superman’s bones akin to the IM Hulk fight. Other than Superman saying it of course, but like I said that statement flies in the face of dozens and dozens of comics where Superman has been hurt way more, be it visually or through it being explained be exposition.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Underfire47

@darkhoudini: You in a sense “Yea but doesn't that tell you something pretty obvious? That Superman couldn't beat him on his own”. If Clark can beat him he’s either weaker or I guess equal, still it would make Damage more impressive.

Yea my original point was that they were presented as fairly equal, that's what i have been saying, not that he was above Clark.

That’s one of the problems actually, that‘s all insanely out of character for him, like I’ve read almost all of Superman’s appearances since Rebirth and I’ve never seen any writer have Superman act that way right down to the way he talked and the way he was literally egging Damage on. He wanted Damage to go for him in an attempt to restrain him and outrun the clock as Batman said. And it’s not like the creative team was stupid, Venditti and Lopresti have written Superman, and quite recently, as he’s normally written, mostly reactionary and not a fight crazed muscleman seemingly trying to prove something. I don’t know why using HV is somehow indicates anything, he has always been able to control its output, yes he’s was fighting him and yes he was obviously not going for love taps, he knew Damage was dangerous, but in the context of the fight he was obviously holding back. That was obviously not the same Superman who fought Rogol or Mongul or the infected etc...

Can't tell you what their mindset was at the time or what they were thinking, possibly Superman liked the challenge? Maybe he thought he ran into someone possibly physically stronger than him, he did seem surprised when Diana first mentioned she fought someone stronger than anyone she has fought before. No i don't think he was bloodlusted or going for the kill obviously there but i don't think he was trying not to hurt Damage either.

Yet there was no story reason in the Damage fight that makes his hits more impressive like breaking Superman’s bones akin to the IM Hulk fight. Other than Superman saying it of course, but like I said that statement flies in the face of dozens and dozens of comics where Superman has been hurt way more, be it visually or through it being explained be exposition.

Yea it really comes down to each writers intent. Again to go back to IH, he hit Thor if Cap is to be believed harder than anyone has hit him, which is not true as Thor has been hit harder, admittedly his skull got broken so visually at least he has been hit harder, but if we go by intent as in Ewing didn't go read every Avengers comic to compare and make a mathematical equation for Hulk punching Thor harder than in any of those comics, he simply wanted to portray the severity of the punch and the situation to everyone. I think the intention of the Damage comic was to portray Clark and Damage as roughly equal.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looked pretty KO'd to me with his limp body.

We don't see his face to say that conclusively.

Superman didn't say he got lucky because he was distracted, just Superman being shocked that someone like Mongul can knock him out. I guess he wasn't expecting it.

Whatever your interpretation is, its not a low showing.

Yea that's pretty good.

Color me shocked.

I mean even without the lasso around him she went toe to toe with him fairly well and being Dianas equal in strength really isn't an impressive thing to me lol.

A holding back Superman. And Superman informs he has power to move worlds in the same issue. Something tells me that it was not a low showing for him.

No Caption Provided

The counter is that plenty of other characters fought them and tanked their attacks in that same comic.

Then they are that powerful. Because LOD's powers are established at that level.

Just not seeing the point of it.

uh-huh.

Yea and he spent most of the time being their punching bag, the amount of times he was on his knees or in fetal position can't be even counted on 1 arm. Because if a character weaker than Superman goes through the same stuff that isn't that impressive to me, you can't have Superboy and Batman in armor and Diana and dozen other characters survive attacks from LOD and then come and tell me how LOD operate on universal level here, let alone tell me this is one of the best showings of a teambuster despite the fact that Superman never busted any team here and just struggled to stay on his feet most of the fight.

Haha what? He overpowered several members of LOD multiple times.

Overpowers Brainiac and Luthor combined.

Overpowers Sinestro, Grodd and Brainiac and Cheetah all at once.

No Caption Provided

And they had specifically chosen Metropolis where Superman could not exert his full power and they could unleash their full power. And even that was not enough to kill Superman.

No Caption Provided

Its really no use of trying to lowball LOD's power, it is already pretty well established.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shurukudemon:

my bad it was enough force to blast half of the earth to the inner core which is still alot of freaking force .

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Underfire47

@shurukudemon: We don't see his face to say that conclusively.

We don't need to, his body look contorted in an awkward position and Supergirl left him satisfied she got the job done.

Whatever your interpretation is, its not a low showing.

Sure.

Color me shocked.

You are shocked.

A holding back Superman. And Superman informs he has power to move worlds in the same issue. Something tells me that it was not a low showing for him.

You can't hold back durability. There is barely a high-tier out there that can't move the worlds... Characters weaker than Clark at that. As for it not being a low showing, i think him struggling as much as he did kinda was.

Then they are that powerful. Because LOD's powers are established at that level.

In another comic and no i am not gonna say dozens of heroes including some mid-tiers and even street tiers can survive universal beings hitting them.

Haha what? He overpowered several members of LOD multiple times.

Haha no.

Overpowers Brainiac and Luthor combined.

First scan is him in an arm lock with Luthor.

Second scan is him pushing Braniac into Luthor, that's not "overpowering" several members.

Overpowers Sinestro, Grodd and Brainiac and Cheetah all at once.

Again no, he flies into them and hits them. By this logic low end mid-tiers have overpowered Hulk because they bullrushed him and pushed him into something or someone.

Overpowering someone, especially multiple characters means those characters are all trying to hold you down and you shrug them off yourself with your strength. Simply slamming one character into another is not overpowering otherwise this street tier character just overpowered 2 characters at least a hundred if not thousand times stronger than her

No Caption Provided

And they had specifically chosen Metropolis where Superman could not exert his full power and they could unleash their full power. And even that was not enough to kill Superman.

Funny how their full power barely comes out at city level in destruction, also once again you can't hold back your durability. And that would be impressive if it were not for the fact that they couldn't kill WW, Batman, Superboy, Green Lanters, Teen Titans, all kinds of Flashes, Wonder Girl and so many others to name...

Its really no use of trying to lowball LOD's power, it is already pretty well established.

Yea it's established that they can't kill a bunch of mid-tiers or street tiers in the Action Comic fight.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47:

Yes it does

No Caption Provided

That's mental strength. Fortean said savage hulk is stronger than devil hulk, period.

I know i posted that scan myself yesterday, it goes perfectly in line with what i was saying that no Hulk but WBH can bust a planet.

That makes him weaker than a weakened Superman already.

Oof.... you wanna try that sentence again? First off no mid-tier is gonna generate on their own power equal to 5 hypernovas, if they did, they wouldn't be a mid-tier.

But that's it, she is a mid tier in DC.

Secondly thats a GROSS misinterpretation of the event. First off Starfire was just a spark that ignited the fire, she did not generate that kind of power herself

My man, she is also called fire of creation there. Don't take metaphor seriously. Sepulkore had no power, Darkseid directly said that "we generate the power", Starfire was the only power source of the engine.

I'd seriously question the mental well being on anyone that thinks Starfire a mid-tier can generate power of 5 hypernovas herself.

Am I supposed to care about what you think?

Secondly weakened Darkside is a joke, he almost got killed by having a spaceship hit him

No Caption Provided

And then at full power was bloodied by Jessica Cruz who only had 2% of power left in her ring.

No Caption Provided

Again with lowballing for established feat having characters? You can't lowball characters who have been already established with a power level my man.

This idea that Rebirth characters operate on some other level is pure fantasy and quite opposite of the reality, which is that Rebirth characters are quite inconsistent and filled with low showings.

You seem quite bitter that marvel characters are not at that power level.

@shurukudemon: Starfire simply jumpstarted a device that could create that much power. She never generated all that by herself. I mean, she failed to hurt a creature that was impaled by loose construction or a weakened Darkseid who had trouble withstanding tank busting bullets from Cyborg and was bloodied and knocked out by a spaceship ramming into him. Maybe she isn't that weak normally, but she isn't hypernovae level either. Let's not get ridiculous now.

I'm not sure who you are but that's quite literally a lie. Darkseid straight up says that "we generate the power". I'm not sure why straight up words from comics is labelled as ridiculous now, it seems that you've already made up your mind, no matter what comics say.

No Caption Provided

Sure, Ewing doesn't believe IH can planet bust on his own. But so what? Just look at Superman -- he can bench the weight of the Earth in some stories but then barely budge it even with 2 high tiers helping him. Or struggle to move the moon. He, Supergirl, Superboy and Steel could barely overpower a continent busting force together in a late post crisis story. Steel even thought they would die from it.

And? At least he has feats of destroying planets and moving them, Devil Hulk does not.

Point is, different writers have different opinions. Hulk and Supes aren't always going to be planet busters.

But Superman is sometimes. And Devil Hulk is not. That's the difference.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shurukudemon:

my bad it was enough force to blast half of the earth to the inner core which is still alot of freaking force .

Not that powerful when we are talking about hypernovae here.

We don't need to, his body look contorted in an awkward position and Supergirl left him satisfied she got the job done.

Of course we do. That's what ambiguous showings mean.

You can't hold back durability. There is barely a high-tier out there that can't move the worlds... Characters weaker than Clark at that. As for it not being a low showing, i think him struggling as much as he did kinda was.

Yeah, tell us about the high tiers who can move worlds. I'm waiting.

In another comic and no i am not gonna say dozens of heroes including some mid-tiers and even street tiers can survive universal beings hitting them.

Another comic does not mean that they need to reestablish their powers in each comic they appear in. That's not how it works.

Haha no.

What a counter.

First scan is him in an arm lock with Luthor.

Second scan is him pushing Braniac into Luthor, that's not "overpowering" several members.

He pushes both down at the same time and they stay down. That's overpowering at basic level.

Again no, he flies into them and hits them. By this logic low end mid-tiers have overpowered Hulk because they bullrushed him and pushed him into something or someone.

That's just nonsense. He hits them all down and they stayed down for quite some time.

Overpowering someone, especially multiple characters means those characters are all trying to hold you down and you shrug them off yourself with your strength. Simply slamming one character into another is not overpowering otherwise this street tier character just overpowered 2 characters at least a hundred if not thousand times stronger than her

Nonsense, white tiger is throwing her down with her own momentum.

Funny how their full power barely comes out at city level in destruction, also once again you can't hold back your durability. And that would be impressive if it were not for the fact that they couldn't kill WW, Batman, Superboy, Green Lanters, Teen Titans, all kinds of Flashes, Wonder Girl and so many others to name...

Ah, lowballing at basic level. Collateral damage and not killing characters. Now I know you have nothing.

Yea it's established that they can't kill a bunch of mid-tiers or street tiers in the Action Comic fight.

Haha, you have literally nothing now. You are just trolling now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again a thread spiralled into Superman feats (that are not the Superman vs Damage fight) never change comicvine lel.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Underfire47

@shurukudemon: That's mental strength. Fortean said savage hulk is stronger than devil hulk, period.

Nowhere does it mention mental strength, the writer has even outright said Devil Hulk is less stronger during the day

No Caption Provided

Fortean doesn't know Hulks better than they know themselves or the author, in fact Fortean is immediately proven wrong because he thought Savage Hulk had come out, but it was still Devil Hulk

No Caption Provided

That makes him weaker than a weakened Superman already.

It doesn't, because what Superman busted was so tiny, any large mountain+ buster could have done it.

But that's it, she is a mid tier in DC.

Then she can't produce energy equal to 5 hypernovas.

My man, she is also called fire of creation there. Don't take metaphor seriously. Sepulkore had no power, Darkseid directly said that "we generate the power", Starfire was the only power source of the engine.

My man, she is the spark. It was not just a metaphor, she literally sparked the fire and ignited the whole thing. Do you know what a spark does? To things that have no power but can get ignited?

Am I supposed to care about what you think?

If you didn't, you wouldn't be having this discussion with me.

Again with lowballing for established feat having characters? You can't lowball characters who have been already established with a power level my man.

I am literally posting what was shown. No i can show their low showings and i can debunk the nonsense of your claims considering you are the type of person that thinks mid-tiers can have the power of 5 hypernovas. Oh and look the established character got more hurt by Cyborgs tank penetrating bullets

then he got hurt by a bloodlusted morals off Starfire

It's almost like she doesn't have the power of 5 hypernovas herself, that or tank penetrating bullets > 5 hypernovas. Actually a space ship falling on someone > tank penetrating bullets > 5 hypernovas.

You seem quite bitter that marvel characters are not at that power level.

No i am quite happy with where Marvel characters are at right now lol and by that i mean Hulk, don't really care much about the rest. Especially happy with the last issue considering the writer teased a possibility of us seeing what a Hulk with limitless power and no holding back could look like, should be fun.

If i am bitter at something it's hardcore Marvel or DC fanboys that turn everything into a competition between Marvel and DC and fanboy one house of the other for no reason, some of my most hated characters come from Marvel, my problem with DC is that he has some really powerful characters but they are extremely inconsistent and that's true for a lot of characters in Marvel. the biggest problem is writers that don't care at all about power levels and multiple writers writing a single character all of whom have different opinions on his power level. Which is the reason i am glad Hulk has been kept outside most team books and events, it minimizes the number of low showings he can get by writers that just don't care.

Shurukudemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again a thread spiralled into Superman feats (that are not the Superman vs Damage fight) never change comicvine lel.

Yeah, that's my queue. Seems some people just can't accept Superman's feats, no matter what. And DC characters apparently need to establish their power in each comic they appear in lol.

This website is just funny.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Underfire47

@darkhoudini said:

What's with all the Superman fan alt accounts running around lately? I have this guy explaining to me how mid-tiers have the power of 5 hypernovas and Superman can fight universal beings and in another thread i have another guy telling me Superman can charge 1/4 of the universe with his powers and can beat up beings above Skyfather level without problems. It's really weird... every thread goes to crap.

Superman is getting really dragged through the mud lately...

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing one shots this fad