- current versions for both combatants

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By whacknasty

It seems like anything Daken is involved in comes down to if his phermones can screw up his opponent....so, I guess that is what I am wondering here as well. I think Danny is more skilled, and can put Daken down, if those dang phermones can be countered (maybe through some focus enhancing act by Danny?).  And current Iron Fist can still do hypnosis, right?  Maybe that will be something that Daken has to watch out for...the yang to his phermones' ying...
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By castleking
blindsided ftw for daken pheromones
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Martian

I would give this to Daken. As been stated, his pheeromones will through Iron Fist off allowing Daken to get the kill.

fanboy#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fanboy#1
@whacknasty:
yin not ying 
lol
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Strafe Prower

Where are my Punisher vs. Daken scans? lol

I think Iron Fist will take it.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Strafe Prower said:
" Where are my Punisher vs. Daken scans? lol I think Iron Fist will take it. "
Since you are different than the majority thus far, care to expand on that answer, Strafe?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Ferro Vida

I'll back Iron Fist. When he was severely poisoned to impair his senses and weaken him by a Hydra agent his Chi purged the alien material from his system without him even having to try. Immediately afterwards he caught a Sniper bullet with his bare hand, then dispatched a squad of Hydra agents, even dodging a hail of fully automatic bullets while closing in on his enemy.

I'm just pointing this out to show that Danny's body can automatically reject harmful material and rapidly heal back to full capacity afterwards. Since the occasion I brought up he has grown even more powerful and learned a variety of new techniques.

DaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DaMan
@Morpheus_:
@whacknasty said:
"current Iron Fist can still do hypnosis"
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By vuviper
@Ferro Vida said:
" I'll back Iron Fist. When he was severely poisoned to impair his senses and weaken him by a Hydra agent his Chi purged the alien material from his system without him even having to try. Immediately afterwards he caught a Sniper bullet with his bare hand, then dispatched a squad of Hydra agents, even dodging a hail of fully automatic bullets while closing in on his enemy.  I'm just pointing this out to show that Danny's body can automatically reject harmful material and rapidly heal back to full capacity afterwards. Since the occasion I brought up he has grown even more powerful and learned a variety of new techniques. "
I think I want to read some iron fist
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
Since you are different than the majority thus far, care to expand on that answer, Strafe? "

Well here it goes. 

While Daken does have pharemones to his advantage, He doesn't choose to use them all of the time. He has been shown to be beaten/taken advantage of by regular humans, Frank, Clint, and he is overconfident. He is also quite impulsive when it comes to fighting. He is outclassed here in H2H by a smart and powerful Iron Fist. IF has the strength, speed and agility to keep up with Daken quite easily, seeing as he did this with Wolverine before his upgrade. Iron Fist's chi is something Daken doesn't have any counter for besides dodging and IF has beaten characters of Daken's stats before when they had help. IF has healing through chi to help mend any minor damage Daken might get on him and is just the superior when it comes to fighting. Casuing me to give the win to IF.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida
@vuviper: Fraction's run on the series was amazing. The more recent stuff isn't as good, but it is still top notch.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Iron Fist will hit Daken so hard X-23 will pop out.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
Since you are different than the majority thus far, care to expand on that answer, Strafe? "
Well here it goes.  While Daken does have pharemones to his advantage, He doesn't choose to use them all of the time. He has been shown to be beaten/taken advantage of by regular humans, Frank, Clint, and he is overconfident. He is also quite impulsive when it comes to fighting. He is outclassed here in H2H by a smart and powerful Iron Fist. IF has the strength, speed and agility to keep up with Daken quite easily, seeing as he did this with Wolverine before his upgrade. Iron Fist's chi is something Daken doesn't have any counter for besides dodging and IF has beaten characters of Daken's stats before when they had help. IF has healing through chi to help mend any minor damage Daken might get on him and is just the superior when it comes to fighting. Casuing me to give the win to IF. "
Iron Fist doesn't have to melee with Daken either.Daken has to emit pheromones they aren't just floating around at all times.He has to have the time and space.I've seen Iron Fist projectile his chi,he can keep his distance.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Vance Astro: LOL
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Vance Astro said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
Well here it goes.  While Daken does have pharemones to his advantage, He doesn't choose to use them all of the time. He has been shown to be beaten/taken advantage of by regular humans, Frank, Clint, and he is overconfident. He is also quite impulsive when it comes to fighting. He is outclassed here in H2H by a smart and powerful Iron Fist. IF has the strength, speed and agility to keep up with Daken quite easily, seeing as he did this with Wolverine before his upgrade. Iron Fist's chi is something Daken doesn't have any counter for besides dodging and IF has beaten characters of Daken's stats before when they had help. IF has healing through chi to help mend any minor damage Daken might get on him and is just the superior when it comes to fighting. Casuing me to give the win to IF. "
Iron Fist doesn't have to melee with Daken either.Daken has to emit pheromones they aren't just floating around at all times.He has to have the time and space.I've seen Iron Fist projectile his chi,he can keep his distance. "

I know, I was saving it for later in case someone wanted to debate my points.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vuviper
@Ferro Vida said:
" @vuviper: Fraction's run on the series was amazing. The more recent stuff isn't as good, but it is still top notch. "
What specifically would you recommend I read having not read any.... and while I'm at it @Vance Astro: What some good Daredevil?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ferro Vida
@vuviper said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @vuviper: Fraction's run on the series was amazing. The more recent stuff isn't as good, but it is still top notch. "
What specifically would you recommend I read having not read any.... and while I'm at it @Vance Astro: What some good Daredevil? "
The Last Iron Fist story arc was Fraction's first and the best imo. I got me pretty much hooked.

Daredevil: The List and everything leading up to #500 and after it is excellent.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@vuviper said:
@Vance Astro: What some good Daredevil? "
Depends on what type of DD you are looking for.... 

If you really want to get into the character-I would suggest the Frank Miller Omnibus 
If you want so more realistic stuff and an extensive read-I would suggest Brubaker's run. 
If you want a quick story showing some of his skills-I would suggest Daredevil: Ninja or Daredevil:Yellow 
If you actually care about his Detective Work and Lawyer showings-Daredevil:Redemption 
If you want to his origin-Daredevil:Man Without Fear 
If you care what he's doing now-I suggest starting with issue 500 and moving on with Diggle's run 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Vance Astro said:
" @vuviper said:
Daredevil:Man Without Fear
Loved that one. 

Guardian Devil if you are looking for a good psychological thriller.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @vuviper said:
Loved that one.   Guardian Devil if you are looking for a good psychological thriller. "
Yea.That's a really good arc.The best of Vol.2.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @vuviper said:
Depends on what type of DD you are looking for....  If you really want to get into the character-I would suggest the Frank Miller Omnibus If you want so more realistic stuff and an extensive read-I would suggest Brubaker's run. If you want a quick story showing some of his skills-I would suggest Daredevil: Ninja or Daredevil:Yellow If you actually care about his Detective Work and Lawyer showings-Daredevil:Redemption If you want to his origin-Daredevil:Man Without Fear If you care what he's doing now-I suggest starting with issue 500 and moving on with Diggle's run  "
And if he wants to read the best run in volume 2...He should read Bendis.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vuviper
@Ferro Vida: Thanks

@Vance Astro: Wow, thanks, I'll probably go with the shorter ones, so i guess Daredevil:Ninja and stuff, unless you'd rather suggest other short storyarcs that would get me into the characters ( I don't have a lot of time to read)
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By geraldthesloth
@DaMan said:
" @Morpheus_:
@whacknasty said:
"current Iron Fist can still do hypnosis"
"
GTFO
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Vance Astro: Oh, definately. We're kind of jacking the thread, though.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Vance Astro: Oh, definately. We're kind of jacking the thread, though. "
Who cares? LOL..
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@vuviper said:

@Vance Astro: Wow, thanks, I'll probably go with the shorter ones, so i guess Daredevil:Ninja and stuff, unless you'd rather suggest other short storyarcs that would get me into the characters ( I don't have a lot of time to read) "
I would suggest either the Guardian Angel arc in Vol.2,The Born Again arc in Vol.1,or the Lady Bullseye arc in Vol.2
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @vuviper said:
Loved that one.   Guardian Devil if you are looking for a good psychological thriller. "
Yea.That's a really good arc.The best of Vol.2. "
Really? Better than Hardcore? Or the King of Hell's Kitchen? The Devil takes a ride? Devil in cell Block D? The Decalogue?

@vuviper said:
"
@Vance Astro: Wow, thanks, I'll probably go with the shorter ones, so i guess Daredevil:Ninja and stuff, unless you'd rather suggest other short storyarcs that would get me into the characters ( I don't have a lot of time to read) "
The problem with volume 2 is that after issue 25, everything from # 26 to 81 is connected
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said: 
Really? Better than Hardcore? Or the King of Hell's Kitchen? The Devil takes a ride? Devil in cell Block D? The Decalogue?

Those are all good but not better than Guardian Angel.I didn't even really like Hardcore either.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
Who cares? LOL.. "

@Ferro Vida said:

It's my thread, chaps, feel free to speak your mind here.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vuviper
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @vuviper said:
Yea.That's a really good arc.The best of Vol.2. "

@vuviper said:
"
The problem with volume 2 is that after issue 25, everything from # 26 to 81 is connected "
Hmm.. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll probably make final decisions on art. The rest maybe I can read in summer
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Vance Astro: LOL

Your thread is mine!
 Your thread is mine!
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said: 

Those are all good but not better than Guardian Angel.I didn't even really like Hardcore either. "
Guardian Devil. :P

To each his own I guess, and while I do agree that GD is a good self contained story, Bendis weaved his stories beautifully, from start to finish. For nearly 50 issues, and that is no small thing. The run is a masterpiece, and a must for anyone who likes to know everything that shaped Matt Murdock into what he is now.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@vuviper said:
" Hmm.. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll probably make final decisions on art. The rest maybe I can read in summer "
PM me or Vance when you feel about getting into DD, at any case.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Andferne

Iron Fist for the win, Ferro and Vance put it simply.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Andferne:
No love? lol.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Andferne
@Strafe Prower: And Strafe xP
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock
@whacknasty said:
"And current Iron Fist can still do hypnosis, right?  Maybe that will be something that Daken has to watch out for...
That hypnotic fist techniques has never been used in battle. Danny has never used it against anyone. Since character morals apply, Danny would never think to use it here.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Andferne:
LOL thank you :)
Chosen One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chosen One

Couple instances of turning his Chi into a projectile.

Some speed and agility feats. Dodging gunfire and moving around at incredible speeds. I think IF has a nice speed advantage over Daken. Not to mention his own senses are not shabby. I have a scan where he hears a girl sweating behind him.
No Caption Provided

Also I know some brought up his healing capabilities with his Chi. But far as I know we've mostly seen it as a concentrated effort. Not something he has done while in the middle of combat.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock
@Chosen One said:
"

Who is he fighting here? Is that the Cat?
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Ferro Vida said:
" I'll back Iron Fist. When he was severely poisoned to impair his senses and weaken him by a Hydra agent his Chi purged the alien material from his system without him even having to try. Immediately afterwards he caught a Sniper bullet with his bare hand, then dispatched a squad of Hydra agents, even dodging a hail of fully automatic bullets while closing in on his enemy.  I'm just pointing this out to show that Danny's body can automatically reject harmful material and rapidly heal back to full capacity afterwards. Since the occasion I brought up he has grown even more powerful and learned a variety of new techniques. "
This is pretty much exactly what I was gonna say.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Chosen One: His healing abilities allowed him to recover from Norman Osbourn tampering with his mind to make him an agent of the Thunderbolts. No one even noticed that he had regained his free will until after he had escaped.

The senses feat you were looking for.
 The senses feat you were looking for.

He states that he is learning to use in Chi almost unconsciously, and has grown more powerful and skilled since this scan
 He states that he is learning to use in Chi almost unconsciously, and has grown more powerful and skilled since this scan
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Static Shock said:
" @Chosen One said:
"

Who is he fighting here? Is that the Cat? "
Yes. He beats him down later on.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Andferne
@Static Shock: Correct
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Andferne
@Ferro Vida: He is meditating there though when he heals. Now if you have one of him healing injuries while in combat that's something completely different. Which is what I was meaning.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Chosen One: His healing abilities allowed him to recover from Norman Osbourn tampering with his mind to make him an agent of the Thunderbolts.
Are you sure that's healing? It sounds like a mental resistance.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Andferne said:
" @Ferro Vida: He is meditating there though when he heals. Now if you have one of him healing injuries while in combat that's something completely different. Which is what I was meaning. "
Fair enough. I don't have any more recent scans, though. He can heal his injuries even if he gains a few moments reprieve in this fight, not that I really think he is going to need to heal anything serious.
Chosen One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Chosen One

No Caption Provided

Messes up a hellicarrier something fierce
 Messes up a hellicarrier something fierce

Charges objects with his Chi and uses them as projectiles
 Charges objects with his Chi and uses them as projectiles

All in all, Iron Fist is just too much for Daken to handle.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Static Shock said:

" @Ferro Vida said:

" @Chosen One: His healing abilities allowed him to recover from Norman Osbourn tampering with his mind to make him an agent of the Thunderbolts.
Are you sure that's healing? It sounds like a mental resistance. "
No, it was healing. The mental tampering had taken when they sent him to capture Luke Cage, but he broke out of it and they both escaped soon after IIRC.