Daily Debater's Feat vs Feat #3: Luffy vs Iron-man

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Poll Daily Debater's Feat vs Feat #3: Luffy vs Iron-man (28 votes)

Luffy 29%
Iron-man 64%
Both are equally impressive 7%

The Daily Debater presents Feat Vs Feat

Feat vs Feat is new idea we came up with at the TDD which is basically comparing to different feats of the same kind and discussing which of the two is superior.

=======================================================================

This week we are comparing... more striking power feats. However, this time we are using mid tiers (or low high tiers). Luffy vs Iron-man. Unlike those feats we posted last week, these are way easier to compare, and show nuke level striking power (more or less).

Luffy vs Doffy

Doffy was attacking Luffy. However, Luffy countered with King Kong Gun, resulting in a clash. Luffy overpowered Doffy and sent him flying into the middle of a city with enough force to split it in half (One Piece Chapter #790)

Iron-man vs Terrax

After being teleported to another planet, Iron-man confronted Terrax who used his powers to throw Tony backwards with chunks of rock. Then, he threw a mountain at Tony (it was stated to be as big as Manhattan by Tony himself), who proceed to blitz the mountain and destroy it (Avengers Annual #16)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

==============================================================================

If you want to check out previous "Feat vs Feat" threads, here are the links:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/daily-debaters-feat-vs-feat-2-boros-vs-juggernaut-1882002/

• 
Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@krleavenger: can probably take me off the callout lists for the Feat v Feat & the main thread itself, what with me being part of the staff and all

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KrleAvenger

@blackestnight93: Ok.

Is there is anybody else who is not interested in these threads, let me know and I will remove you from the callout list.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ironman depending on his suit other den dat luffy

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman depending on his suit other den dat luffy

This is not a fight. It doesn't matter if Tony has more powerful armors. We are comparing feats we see here. This is just for entertaining purposes and fun. It is not suppose to give us the answer on who is more powerful or who has greater damage output.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the city mentioned in Luffy's feat as big as Manhattan?

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: i know dats y i said ironman depending on armor cuz his feats vary heavily on what suit he's in if we say tony in his regular suit den i say luffy

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man's.

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony's imo.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: i know dats y i said ironman depending on armor cuz his feats vary heavily on what suit he's in if we say tony in his regular suit den i say luffy

So you think Luffy is more powerful than Silver Centurion? That's fine. But that is not the point of this thread.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man, I always interpreted it as the base of the mountain was the size of manhatten also when Iron said that the mountain was still gaining in size and by the second panel it's shape has drastically changed so Iron Man's feat is much more impressive IMO

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: no dats not what i said at all i said it all depends on Tony's armor so if da armor u shown can fight Harold tier or close 2 Harold tier characters den he obviously is more impressive but if he isnt in dat kinda suit den i say luffy

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

Iron Man's seemed more impressive IMO.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 juiceboks  Moderator

Tony, also that was just a sizable chunk of Dressrosa. Clearly not the entire city.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: In IM's feat despite the overwhelming size, only took out a large chunk of it. Luffy's feat smashed a human sized figure into a city and made it fold into itself. Something to note is that they were thousands of feet in the sky when it happened. I'm still not sure who's feat is more impressive.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony, also that was just a sizable chunk of Dressrosa. Clearly not the entire city.

An Island can fit a lot more than a city. Plus Luffy also overpowered Doffy's strongest attack as well and tossed him into said chunk with enough force to not only make it fold in on itself, but send large parts of it flying upwards.

Here's the anime version, it gives us a nice sense of the scale

Loading Video...

2:46 to 3:00.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate that feat.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's arguable the "big as Manhattan" statement was just exaggeration given Tony wouldn't really have any way to evaluate it from just a glance. Of course it's also arguable it shows authorial intent.

Question, does it show how much damage was done to the rock afterwards?

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony's.

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkbound: The Iron Man one, many people claim he is a mountain buster because of it.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging from the fact that Tony simply abused the durability of his armor rather than full on destroy it and looking at it quantifiably Luffy is the winner by far IMO. That seems more like Hyperbole as well where as Luffy bought down the hammer and folded a City roughly about the size of the Staten Islands.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the scan that comes after Tony hits the mountain? I always only see this one. I want to see how the mountain looks after he crashed into it.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emperorthanos-  Moderator

bump

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KrleAvenger

@major_hellstorm: He has multi mountain busting feats and casual mountain busting feats without any amps and upgrades. He also one shotted people who can tank nukes and hurt people who can tank mountain busting attacks, consistently. So yes, he is a mountain buster and more. That feat is not an outlier, even less PIS. In fact, it's his average showing.

@heirtothekingdom said:

Where's the scan that comes after Tony hits the mountain? I always only see this one. I want to see how the mountain looks after he crashed into it.

It's just Tony saying how he "defeated Terrax" (in a way). So I guess it means he destroyed it because you couldn't see the chunk of rock on the ground the entire issue. Still, there is not enough evidence to prove he destroyed all of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy's looks cooler.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I asked no one for more physical mountain busting feats for Tony and he said that that was his best one (also Tony never did bust a mountain in that scan IMO). I know Tony can bust mountains using missiles and his various long ranged weaponry but that does not mean that he can bust mountains using his physical attacks.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Physical attacks? Well that makes more sense. Non amped suits and armors that are not actual busters don't have mountain busting striking power, at least not all of them. The most impressive thing I can remember at the moment (with standard armors) is Tony one shotting amped She-Hulk who tore Vision apart like nothing, making Sentry bleed with a punch, one shotting Ms. Marvel (who was slightly drunk), one shotting a Tri Sentinel, hurt Wonder Man, overpowering Namor, and tearing a Robot apart who overpowered Samson and She-Hulk at the same time. I'm not 100% sure how durable some of these characters are (I am oretty sure most of them can tank nukes), so take that as you wish.