Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Andferne
@Klandicar said:
"What if Wolverine went animal after taking a hit.  Cyclops might get a laser blast or two, but it'll just make Wolverine unleash all he's really got.
Nothing can really be done for Cyclops at this point, just picking up all the body parts when Wolverine is done then burying them. "

It would not matter if he went 'animal' after getting hit, because with one blast Cyclops can effectively battle field remove him. Instantly winning this match up between the two. The first scan above shows Cyclops shooting down numerous missiles. Not only does this how the speed of his blasts to catch up to them so they can be destroyed, but also his accuracy as he hits all but one of them before they get out of his range. Second scan was just for laughs, but shows Scott nailing Wolverine and him barely being able to recover from it. Yes he is still conscious, but guess what, he is not looking so good. In that instance IF Scott wanted he could easily shoot him again and finish the job. Third and fourth scan show Cyclops using his beams in a unique way, instead of just attacking his target head on. Fifth scan is an older one, but even then with his Visor on we see him wreck shop on the terrain around him. The sixth scan is once more an accuracy testament as he hits the pinpoint of the needle with his blast. Scan seven we see him use a single blast to destroy numerous carts, even in the scan Scott states it was a trick he does not use often. Even out of practice he nailed it. Number eight we once again see him leveling the terrain around him WITH his visor on. I have numerous other scans showing Scott doing huge amounts of damage with the visor on. Everyone seems to underestimate the amount of power he still has even with it on. Second to last scan we once again see an accuracy feat as he sinks in all the balls on the table. While the last scan he disarms numerous guards, destroying their weapons. 

Think of how well Captain America (Steve) can throw his shield, Cyclops is that good if not even better at using his optic blasts.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Andferne
@Sparda said:
No Caption Provided

ROFL!
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Klandicar
@Andferne said:
" @Sparda said:
No Caption Provided

ROFL! "
How does that lower Wolverine's status?  It just makes a stronger case Cyclops can't put him down.  Your other scans of Cyclops tagging people are irrelevant, that wasn't in a fight like this, where Wolverine is going to be gunning for Cylcop's throat with a trio of Adamantium razor blades...going for the jugular vein.  Cyclops may be cool and collected a lot of the time, but there are instances where he loses his cool.  The pressure of knowing an animal is hunting for him is going to make him lose that cool...just like he snapped here and froze up.

No Caption Provided
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Sparda

BECAUSE FEAR AND BEING PARALYZED PSYCHICALLY ARE DEFINITELY THE SAME THING.

CERTAINLY NOT DIFFERENT.

RIGHT GUYS.

RIGHT.

GUYS.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Andferne
@Klandicar said:
"Your other scans of Cyclops tagging people are irrelevant, that wasn't in a fight like this, where Wolverine is going to be gunning for Cylcop's throat with a trio of Adamantium razor blades...going for the jugular vein.  Cyclops may be cool and collected a lot of the time, but there are instances where he loses his cool.  The pressure of knowing an animal is hunting for him is going to make him lose that cool...just like he snapped here and froze up. "
How long have Cyclops and Wolverine been team mates? I think Scott is well aware of what Wolverine will be trying to do, and that is the key word. Trying. Why on gods green earth would Cyclops allow for Wolverine to even get that close. He has one major disadvantage here, the lack of a ranged ability. While Scott has that to boot. None of the scans I provided are irrelevant, you just decide to ignore them because it hurts your case. Each of them show exactly what I mentioned and there are many more occasions I can post, even him taking out the X-men team. Which Wolverine was a part of at the time(s). 
Yeah I see Cyclops folding under the pressure of fighting Wolverine... LOL
This is the same guy who has lead the X-men for so long, was hand picked to be the leader. Has faced off against dire odds countless times, etc etc etc. 
As for the out of context and irrelevant scan, Sparda pretty much covered it. Wolverine lacks Stryfe's powers to accomplish the shown task.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Klandicar said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" I like how none of those scans prove Wolverine can beat Cyclops. "
Yeah, well you can't beat an animal by trying to KO them, which is OBVIOUSLY what Cyclops will try.  You need a tranquilizer, and Cyclops will just make Wolvie madder and more furious until Wolverine goes so feral that Cyke can't keep up.  By that time it'll be too late, as he will have an adamantium claw where his spleen used to be. "
How bout the option where Cykes decides not to pussyfoot around and just hits Logan with a full powered Optic Beam?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Static Shock
@Klandicar said:

"WW Hulk tried to BFR Wolverine, Wolverine came back.

Lies.

As you can see, Wolverine gets owned the worst out of all the X-Men.

He's limp at the top. See it?

Here, he gets BFRed....
 Here, he gets BFRed....

And, Wolverine doesn't return until after he leaves...

As you can see here... (at the top, he's helping Nightcrawler up)

Go back and the read the damn comic, you liar.

@Klandicar

said:

" How does that lower Wolverine's status?  It just makes a stronger case Cyclops can't put him down.  Your other scans of Cyclops tagging people are irrelevant, that wasn't in a fight like this, where Wolverine is going to be gunning for Cylcop's throat with a trio of Adamantium razor blades...going for the jugular vein.  Cyclops may be cool and collected a lot of the time, but there are instances where he loses his cool.  The pressure of knowing an animal is hunting for him is going to make him lose that cool...just like he snapped here and froze up.

No Caption Provided
"
LOL. Stryfe had psychic control over him, so he couldn't move or use his optic blasts. This has nothing to do with Wolverine. Also, been reading your other posts, and noticed one thing you were getting wrong. I hope you can read this.

*Clears throat*

NEWSFLASH! CYCLOPS DOESN'T HAVE LASER BEAMS! THEY ARE OPTIC BLASTS! THERE'S A DIFFERENCE! OPTIC BLASTS ARE COMPOSED OF GRAVITONS THAT DISH OUT CONCUSSIVE FORCE! LASER IS A FORM OF LIGHT ENERGY BASED ON THE ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM THAT HAS A NARROW-WAVELENGTH, AND ARE EMITTED THROUGH STIMULATED EMISSION! AS STATED, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE! DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU POST! STOP USING WIKIPEDIA!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Damn,Static...tell him how you feel,why don't you! :)

Kreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Kreedom

I imagine it's harder to dodge cyclops's optic blasts than weapons or energy blasts directed from the hands, because his targeting system is his weapons delivery system.  If he sees you, you're targeted.  I don't know how quickly he's able to pull the trigger, but I imagine it's quick to instantaneous.   Of course, that's it in theory.  I don't know that the writer play this aspect of his powers up.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Static Shock: He did his research....too bad he used wikipedia :P lol

Btw why are those scans in spanish?lol
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Static Shock
@Lunacyde said:
" @Static Shock: He did his research....too bad he used wikipedia :P lol  Btw why are those scans in spanish?lol "
It was all I could find. LOL.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hellos

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By iLLituracy

Never has Wolverine a day in his life ever beat Hulk.

The lies in this thread never end. :[

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Ferro Vida
@iLLituracy said:
" Never has Wolverine a day in his life ever beat Hulk.  The lies in this thread never end. :[ "
No, I believe he did when he was augmented by Apocalypse. Which doesn't really count
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Andferne said:
" @Klandicar said:
" I know for a fact Cyclops would lose to a lot of people.  He's too one dimensional.  He's got a good laser blast but its a one trick pony type of power.  Put him against someone like Domino and she'll use her luck powers to make him miss while she puts a dozen bullets in him...then you want to put him against an animal like Wolverine?  The same Wolverine who beats down people like Hulk?  Your just asking for a slaughter. "
This here shows me that you know little of Cyclops. Not only does he have his optic blasts, which can be used to devastating effects, but also used to bounce around in a dizzying array of angles. Not to mention one blast has disarmed several guards at once, one blast and punch holes in sentinels. The varied effects with his one power are wide spread . He is also a very good hand to hand fighter, though Wolverine is better than him in that department. Cyclops is however a brilliant tactician and battle field commander. Being able to evaluate a situation and come up with a plan on the fly. "
Not to mention the fact that even thought Wolverine is a better fighter Cyclops has beaten him in hand to hand several times because he knows Logan's fighting style better than Logan does
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By sevennames27
@Static Shock said:
"@Klandicar said:

"WW Hulk tried to BFR Wolverine, Wolverine came back.

Lies.

Here, he gets BFRed....
Here, he gets BFRed....

Go back and the read the damn comic, you liar.

@Klandicar

said:

" How does that lower Wolverine's status?  It just makes a stronger case Cyclops can't put him down.  Your other scans of Cyclops tagging people are irrelevant, that wasn't in a fight like this, where Wolverine is going to be gunning for Cylcop's throat with a trio of Adamantium razor blades...going for the jugular vein.  Cyclops may be cool and collected a lot of the time, but there are instances where he loses his cool.  The pressure of knowing an animal is hunting for him is going to make him lose that cool...just like he snapped here and froze up.

"
LOL. Stryfe had psychic control over him, so he couldn't move or use his optic blasts. This has nothing to do with Wolverine. Also, been reading your other posts, and noticed one thing you were getting wrong. I hope you can read this.

*Clears throat*

NEWSFLASH! CYCLOPS DOESN'T HAVE LASER BEAMS! THEY ARE OPTIC BLASTS! THERE'S A DIFFERENCE! OPTIC BLASTS ARE COMPOSED OF GRAVITONS THAT DISH OUT CONCUSSIVE FORCE! LASER IS A FORM OF LIGHT ENERGY BASED ON THE ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM THAT HAS A NARROW-WAVELENGTH, AND ARE EMITTED THROUGH STIMULATED EMISSION! AS STATED, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE! DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU POST! STOP USING WIKIPEDIA!

"

Bravo!
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Static Shock said:
"

"
ROFL!
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By iLLituracy
@Ferro Vida said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" Never has Wolverine a day in his life ever beat Hulk.  The lies in this thread never end. :[ "
No, I believe he did when he was augmented by Apocalypse. Which doesn't really count "
That was in Wolverine #145 when he fought him as Death. I've been looking for that issue, but from what I remember, Logan got him good once in the throat and Hulk got up and left him grounded. Per usual.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ferro Vida
@iLLituracy said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @iLLituracy said:
No, I believe he did when he was augmented by Apocalypse. Which doesn't really count "
That was in Wolverine #145 when he fought him as Death. I've been looking for that issue, but from what I remember, Logan got him good once in the throat and Hulk got up and left him grounded. Per usual. "
I remember something about Logan digging his claws into Hulk and twisting them slowly
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70  Edited By Zoom
@Ferro Vida said:
" @iLLituracy said:

He didn't, but the writer essentially stated that he could have if he wanted to. 

But yeah, Death Wolverine and regular Wolverine aren't the same level.
WeaponX510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WeaponX510

wolverine ins this 7.5/10 he has shown to dodge bullets before so i doubt an optic blast can stop him

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WeaponX510 said:
" wolverine ins this 7.5/10 he has shown to dodge bullets before so i doubt an optic blast can stop him "
Good logic, except there are more occasions where he has been hit by Scott then where he has avoided being hit. A lot more. And Cyclops knows his fighting style better than he does, and has beaten him in hand to hand in the past
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By cracks
@Klandicar: If Cyclops managed to defeat Apocalypse at least once, then Wolverine should not be a problem at all.         %Pr
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Static Shock
@cracks said:
" @Klandicar: If Cyclops managed to defeat Apocalypse at least once, then Wolverine should not be a problem at all.         %Pr "
Problem is, Cyclops couldn't even do it without a power up.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By cracks
@Static Shock: Explain. Do you have bad memory, or? Have you forgotten when Cyclops defeated Apocalypse?         %Pr
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Static Shock
@cracks said:
" @Static Shock: Explain. Do you have bad memory, or? Have you forgotten when Cyclops defeated Apocalypse?         %Pr "
Neither. Nathan and Jean had to help him do it.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By cracks
Show me the evidence to support your claims.                   
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Static Shock
@cracks said:
" Show me the evidence to support your claims.                    "
Jean and Nathan were inside of Cyclops' mind, adding to the power of his optic blasts to defeat Apocalypse. The man still had his visor on, too.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By cracks
Cyclops still should be able to defeat Wolverine by blasting him again and again.            
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Static Shock
@cracks said:
" Cyclops still should be able to defeat Wolverine by blasting him again and again.             "
True, but there have been instances of Wolverine tanking through his blasts. One of them as Death, and Cyclops stated that he was give it his all. Though, most others have him owning Wolverine. I tend to go with the latter than the former.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

This is going nowhere. Both have the ability to defeat the other, depending on a variety of parameters.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I think this scenario happened in age apoc right...didn't it end in a draw...wolvi losing a hand and cyc an eye... 

Reguardless wolvi's durability and regen i think gives him the win over cyc. Cyc would eventually run out of stamina and lose to a basic mistep that wolvi takes advantage of it.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By cracks
@Morpheus_: No. In a fair fight, Cyclops should be able to easily blast Wolverine away.  Then Cyclops will continue to blast Logan until he gets knocked out.      %Pr
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@cracks said:

" @Morpheus_:No. In a fair fight, Cyclops should be able to easily blast Wolverine away.  Then Cyclops will continue to blast Logan until he gets knocked out.      %Pr "

A fair fight is a fight that takes place in an open field. A fair fight is also a fight that takes place in a dark alley. Too bad Cyclops doesn't win against Wolverine in both locations. I know a bit better, since I actually made the thread, with a little more depth than just "Who wins?".
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By cracks
@Morpheus_: No! Use your brain.  A fight talking place in a dark alley is not "fair" because you can not see everything.  Cyclops should be able to win in an open field for obvious reasons.  Do you not know that on an open field, both combatants would know where they are? Do you not know that if Cyclops knew where Logan was, then Scott would easily blast him away, until Logan would become unconscious?

Yes, you are correct. Cyclops would lose in the dark alley. Congratulations!         %Pr
Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Kid_Zombie

I think i am going with Scott on this one. Two reasons, One: Scott at full power will turn wolverine into just bones. DONE. And two: Scott is the most  brilliant stratagest there is, he can plan a way to stop wolverine.

in the long run i would go wolverine, but to the first stand still i go with Cyclops

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@cracks said:

" @Morpheus_: No! Use your brain.  A fight talking place in a dark alley is not "fair" because you can not see everything.  Cyclops should be able to win in an open field for obvious reasons.  Do you not know that on an open field, both combatants would know where they are? Do you not know that if Cyclops knew where Logan was, then Scott would easily blast him away, until Logan would become unconscious?  Yes, you are correct. Cyclops would lose in the dark alley. Congratulations!         %Pr "

Stop repeating yourself, and talking nonsense, as usual, cracks. And get a little sharper on sarcasm. How can a fight that gives a significant edge in either of the combatants be a fair fight? You keep repeating the same things, over, and over, but you never really ponder on their meaning. A fight that takes place in a dark alley is obviously not a fair fight. But guess what, a fight that takes place in an open field with a significant opening gap between the two combatants is not always a fair fight, either. You say that I should use my brain. I do. And I suggest you start doing the same.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By cracks

Morpheus says, "Stop repeating yourself, and talking nonsense, as usual, cracks."

I do that on purpose, by the way.  I hoped you would have realized. It is hard to tell though, I know.   : )

What you have said is correct, but in my opinion, a fair fight is one in which both combatants know where they both are, regardless of their powers and abilities. No sneak attacks and no clear advantages or disadvantages.    

Obviously this is not the case for Wolverine and Cyclops.           

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@cracks said:
"  
Morpheus says, "Stop repeating yourself, and talking nonsense, as usual, cracks."

I do that on purpose, by the way.  I hoped you would have realized. It is hard to tell though, I know.   : )

What you have said is correct, but in my opinion, a fair fight is one in which both combatants know where they both are, regardless of their powers and abilities. No sneak attacks and no clear advantages or disadvantages.    

Obviously this is not the case for Wolverine and Cyclops.            "
 I know you do it on purpose, but it is still difficult to get used to it. Your writing style would be better off without that.

I understand what you say, cracks, but that is why I tried to make a thread with these two characters where they both start with an equal amount of advantages, and disadvantages, playing both with various  strengths, and weaknesses, and see what people think on the matter. And in a scenario of that nature, the majority was torn about the outcome. Of course, the majority is not always correct, but I think the debate in that thread was constructive, and offered for a better analysis of both characters. And perhaps an even more fair fight than one where both know where the other is, is when none of the two knows where the other is. And before you mention Wolverine's enhanced senses, I had negated that factor in my thread. As I said, I wanted to be as fair as one could.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By cracks
@Morpheus_: My apologies. I don't want to make things difficult for you.  : )  

I think that is is almost impossible for both Cyclops and Wolverine to engage in a battle, in which there is an equal amount of advantages and disadvantages because Cyclops' power and abilities are so different from Wolverine's.       %Pr
cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By cennobite

Lets not forget Wolverine is one of if not the best fighter in all over the marvel universe. He has very fast reflexes and with his decades of fighting experience he can handle himself in a fight way better than boring Cyclops. If pushed also Wolverine will go into his mental feral rage where he is a complete killing machine and this will leave Cyclops in pieces on the ground. 

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Cyclops. He hits Logan and pins him down until the lights go out. I love them both, so I am torned here but ya Cyclops wins this. Hope Aaron agrees too lol
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jojjimbo

If they start off some distances from each other i say Cyclops wins.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#94  Edited By Gambit1024

In a 1 on 1 fight in an ordinary arena, I think Wolverine has a chance, but Cyke will pull off more wins. I say Cyke 6/10.

But in the circumstances given in Schism, I think Wolverine's got the upper hand. Cyclops is fighting with rage behind him, and he's not thinking clearly. At least Wolverine's had experience fighting with rage and against people who have. Plus the sentinel just makes it harder on both accounts. Ultimately, Logan'd win there, imo.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#95  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I love this fight, I really do, but to be honest Schism isn't gonna do it justice with how it's turning out right now. In a straight up fight I'd lean more towards Cykes, he has shown more times than Logan has dodged, that he can tag him and he has the power to put Wolverine down and he is the better tactician. Wolverine can win if he brings it in close, he is a better fighter than Cyclops and does physically outclass him. This fight is circumstantial IMO.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By EpitomeofCool

in schism idk why his blasts didnt make him go flying....

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By progenitorigin

Slym ftw.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By progenitorigin
@god_spawn said:

I love this fight, I really do, but to be honest Schism isn't gonna do it justice with how it's turning out right now. In a straight up fight I'd lean more towards Cykes, he has shown more times than Logan has dodged, that he can tag him and he has the power to put Wolverine down and he is the better tactician. Wolverine can win if he brings it in close, he is a better fighter than Cyclops and does physically outclass him. This fight is circumstantial IMO.

Well said, although I definitely side with Cyclops.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Killemall

@Vance Astro said:

could go either way, depending on the circumstances.

QFT

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#100  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Killemall said:

@Vance Astro said:

could go either way, depending on the circumstances.

QFT