Cyclops vs. Gambit

• 179 results
#1 vance_astro  Moderator

Cyclops...

Vance Astro says:

"Cyclops..."

I'm not too sure about this one. Although I seriously doubt Cyclops would fire a full power beam, I think he can take it, but the same can be said about Gambit. Primarily his ability of kinetic charges. I can see him taking this.

Didn't see this one, thought it would be interesting.

#4 vance_astro  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Cyclops..."
I'm not too sure about this one. Although I seriously doubt Cyclops would fire a full power beam, I think he can take it, but the same can be said about Gambit. Primarily his ability of kinetic charges. I can see him taking this."

I don't think Cyclops would use full power either but I don't think he has to.

Gambit! Gambit can charge anything and have it explode, plus he's stealthier and more agile than cyclops....Gambit wins

#6 vance_astro  Moderator

pixelized says:

"Gambit! Gambit can charge anything and have it explode, plus he's stealthier and more agile than cyclops....Gambit wins"

Gambit can't charge anything.He can't charge anything organic.

Forgive me, i miss spoke. Still....gambit has the upperhand to cyclops

#8 vance_astro  Moderator

pixelized says:

"Forgive me, i miss spoke. Still....gambit has the upperhand to cyclops"

How? Cyclops is smarter than him,A better tactian and packs more more force behind his powers.I don't see how Gambit has the upperhand...

Vance Astro says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Cyclops..."
I'm not too sure about this one. Although I seriously doubt Cyclops would fire a full power beam, I think he can take it, but the same can be said about Gambit. Primarily his ability of kinetic charges. I can see him taking this."
I don't think Cyclops would use full power either but I don't think he has to."

Gambit is without a doubt the underdog here but I'm going to go for a less likely option and vote for Gambit. My opinion and vote for Gambit is primarily the reason I say Spider-Man should have NO problem with Cyclops. Speed. Gambit's proven on multiple occassions that he's able to move fairly fast. He's dodged bullets, lasors, and even battled against Quicksilver (feats that Spider-Man does without a problem and can do without even having a Spider-sense) and has his ability to use his cards. While his cards don't move at bullet speeds, they move pretty fast and create fairly impressive explosions. I can see Gambit throwing them in patterns in the surrounding area to take down Cyclops.

Have gambit do a charged 52 cad pick up and cyclops would be stuck....The way gambit can scatter his power instead of focusing it all in one place gives him more of an advantage...plus...gambit was a theif, he's stealthy....idk, i think gambit would win it

after messiah complex and the new badass cyclops, gambit gets his butt handed to him

#12 vance_astro  Moderator

pixelized says:

"Have gambit do a charged 52 cad pick up and cyclops would be stuck....The way gambit can scatter his power instead of focusing it all in one place gives him more of an advantage...plus...gambit was a theif, he's stealthy....idk, i think gambit would win it"

Cyclops can shoot a beam as far and as wide as his field of vison..and being stealthy in a random encounter isn't going to help much.Agility maybe but slealthiness..no.

I can see Cylops making explode all of Gambits charged cards with two ro even a single blast just by making it ricochet. At the end I can see Cyclops ordering gambit to just quit.

zzzzzzzzz

Post Deleted.

#15 vance_astro  Moderator

Unbelonger says:

"I can see Cylops making explode all of Gambits charged cards with two ro even a single blast just by making it ricochet. At the end I can see Cyclops ordering gambit to just quit. zzzzzzzzz"

If Cyclops blasts Gambit's cards they will probably blow up and still hurt him.

Vance Astro says:

"Unbelonger says:
"I can see Cylops making explode all of Gambits charged cards with two ro even a single blast just by making it ricochet. At the end I can see Cyclops ordering gambit to just quit. zzzzzzzzz"
If Cyclops blasts Gambit's cards they will probably blow up and still hurt him."

At least they would hurt both.

zzzzzzzzz

#17 vance_astro  Moderator

Unbelonger says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Unbelonger says:
If Cyclops blasts Gambit's cards they will probably blow up and still hurt him."
At least they would hurt both. zzzzzzzzz"

Cyclops would be dumb enough to do that.

I didn't explain well my scenario, my bad.

zzzzzzzzzzz

My vote is still for gambit...

pixelized says:

"My vote is still for gambit..."

Thats evident. Anyway, if cyclops wouldn't use a great blast on Gambit, Why would Gambit throw so many charged cards at Cyclops. Im not very familiar with Gambit personality, but it seems to me he isn't that hardcore and less when fighting and ally.

zzzzzzzzzz

#21 vance_astro  Moderator

Super-Buster says:

"Cyclops' beams go faster than Gambit's cards, based on that and the fact that, although Gambit is very fast, he is not super-humanly fast in anyway moves me to believe that Cyke might win this."

Agreed.

Cyclops' beams go faster than Gambit's cards, based on that and the fact that, although Gambit is very fast, he is not super-humanly fast in anyway moves me to believe that Cyke might win this.

haha, its good to agree with you on something Vance.

Based off of their personalities and actions in the comics, Gambit would win. All out and Cyclops wins.

#25 vance_astro  Moderator

Super-Buster says:

"haha, its good to agree with you on something Vance."

lol.

Could go either way. I think a stronger case could be made for Cyclops, but I'll pick Gambit. Gambit's intelligence is highly underrated. He was raised to be crafty and calculating. I think one thing in this fight that could tip the odds in either favor, is Gambit's willingness to go for broke. Cyclops is more a strictly by the book guy. If something doesn't add up (say a certain tactic) he's more reluctant to bet it all on one big move. Where as Gambit will bet the house even if it means he could crash an burn.
Post Edited:2008-03-31 17:54:19

#27 vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Could go either way. I think a stronger case could be made for Cyclops, but I'll pick Gambit. Gambit's intelligence is highly underrated. He was raised to be crafty and calculating. I think one thing in this fight that could tip the odds in either favor, is Gambit's willingness to go for broke. Cyclops is more a strictly by the book guy. If something doesn't add up (say a certain tactic) he's more reluctant to bet it all on one big move. Where as Gambit will bet the house even if it means he could crash an burn.
Post Edited:2008-03-31 17:54:19"

I agree with you about Gambit going for broke...but I think if Cyclops realizes he could be hurt in this battle he will have no choice but to go for broke as well.

BTW I'm not sure about this but is Gambit a better fighter than Cyclops.

#28 vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
" BTW I'm not sure about this but is Gambit a better fighter than Cyclops."
I would say yes. This doesn't mean I think Cyc is a chump. "

Oh I know Scott isn't a chump.

Vance Astro says:

"BTW I'm not sure about this but is Gambit a better fighter than Cyclops."

I would say yes. This doesn't mean I think Cyc is a chump.

#30 vance_astro  Moderator

King Saturn says:

"I say Cyclops wins this fight. Scott's Optic Blasts moves faster than Gambit's Energy Charged Cards. Scott should take the win here."

That's what me and Super-buster were thinking but I agree with Gambler that Scott would hold back a little instead of blasting away.

Gambler says:

"Could go either way. I think a stronger case could be made for Cyclops, but I'll pick Gambit. Gambit's intelligence is highly underrated. He was raised to be crafty and calculating. I think one thing in this fight that could tip the odds in either favor, is Gambit's willingness to go for broke. Cyclops is more a strictly by the book guy. If something doesn't add up (say a certain tactic) he's more reluctant to bet it all on one big move. Where as Gambit will bet the house even if it means he could crash an burn.

o_O Me and you are on the same page? About Gambit? Hell has frozen over.

#32 vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"King Saturn says:
"I say Cyclops wins this fight. Scott's Optic Blasts moves faster than Gambit's Energy Charged Cards. Scott should take the win here."
Its not a question of Cyclop's blasts being faster then Gambit's cards (which is debatable) its about whether or not Gambit could dodge Cyc's blasts (as in acrobatics and or agility). Characters alot slower then Gambit have dodged the blasts with ease, I see no reason why Gambit couldn't do the same, while hurling cards at and around Cyclops."

I don't see Gambit being able to dodge Cyclops' blast though.

I say Cyclops wins this fight. Scott's Optic Blasts moves faster than Gambit's Energy Charged Cards. Scott should take the win here.

If I'm not mistaken, Cyke has handed Wolverine his own ass in hand-to-hand a couple of times which is something, I suppose, but Gambit has a freaking staff. The thing with going for broke is that it doesn't always work out, Gambit could save his ass with an all-or-nothing move, but he could also come up with nothing. Gambit is smart, I'll give him that, but Cyke is about the same level I would say, there hasn't been much evidence to say that one is smarter than the other. All in all, I think it might actually come down to Cyke's beams being faster than Gambit's cards. idk, that's just how I look at it, I'm open for debate.

King Saturn says:

Its not a question of Cyclop's blasts being faster then Gambit's cards (which is debatable) its about whether or not Gambit could dodge Cyc's blasts (as in acrobatics and or agility). Characters alot slower then Gambit have dodged the blasts with ease, I see no reason why Gambit couldn't do the same, while hurling cards at and around Cyclops.

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:

o_O Me and you are on the same page? About Gambit? Hell has frozen over."

Hahahaha, I thought it looked like snow down here.

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
Hahahaha, I thought it looked like snow down here."

It's not even that, you've shown countless scans of him dodging bullets, and tons of lasors firing at him from different directions at the same time blind folded. I can see him dodging them and winning.

Vance Astro says:

"I don't see Gambit being able to dodge Cyclops' blast though."

Why couldn't Gambit do this?

#39 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:

Now I want to disagree just on principle.

Exactly...I think Gambit is underestimated in this battle...theres more that meets the eye...where as cyclops is more clean cut. Which is why i still say gambit would win

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
"I don't see Gambit being able to dodge Cyclops' blast though."

Why couldn't Gambit do this?

"

In case it was missed.

#42 vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
" I don't see Gambit being able to dodge Cyclops' blast though."
Why couldn't Gambit do this? "

LMFAO....Iunno.

#43 vance_astro  Moderator

pixelized says:

"Exactly...I think Gambit is underestimated in this battle...theres more that meets the eye...where as cyclops is more clean cut. Which is why i still say gambit would win"

Being clean cut doesn't make you a loser...to someone who isn't.Villains aren't clean cut.

#44 vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
"pixelized says:
"Exactly...I think Gambit is underestimated in this battle...theres more that meets the eye...where as cyclops is more clean cut. Which is why i still say gambit would win"
Being clean cut doesn't make you a loser...to someone who isn't.Villains aren't clean cut."
I don't think he means literally. Just kinda like what I said earlier about playing it by the book. "

Oh ok.I still for some reason don't think Gambit can dodge Optic blasts...like Storm did.Maybe her ability to fly gives her extra agility or something.You pretty much killed me with that scan though.

Cyclops for me.

Vance Astro says:

"pixelized says:

Being clean cut doesn't make you a loser...to someone who isn't.Villains aren't clean cut."

I don't think he means literally. Just kinda like what I said earlier about playing it by the book.

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"pixelized says:
I don't think he means literally. Just kinda like what I said earlier about playing it by the book. "
Oh ok.I still for some reason don't think Gambit can dodge Optic blasts...like Storm did.Maybe her ability to fly gives her extra agility or something.You pretty much killed me with that scan though."

I want to suggest the idea of Storm dodging that as bad writting but not terrible. I just haven't seen strom showing agility like that before. Anyway just a suggestion because i really have no knowledge on stomr capbilities in that field. It could also depend on where the battle takes place, in a small room Cyclpos takes it for sure since Gambit would have to hold back with the explosive cards in order to no hurt himself, but cyclops could use his ability to ricochet blasts. In a more open area Gambit has the advantage due to his superior agility and probably speed, also he would be able to charge cards freely. In conclusion all i have to say is that i'd like to see the fight, they're both two of my favorite X-men.

zzzzzzzzzz

Gambit trained Storm. I think thats one reason why its easy for me to believe she could dodge his blasts. But thats a separate issue. I can see us easily going off topic and debating Storm's agility.

Gambler says:

"Gambit trained Storm. I think thats one reason why its easy for me to believe she could dodge his blasts. But thats a separate issue. I can see us easily going off topic and debating Storm's agility."

Gotta wtach what you say Gambles!

Gambler says:

"Gambit trained Storm. I think thats one reason why its easy for me to believe she could dodge his blasts. But thats a separate issue. I can see us easily going off topic and debating Storm's agility."

I see. do you still give credibility to the situation I stated? the place.

zzzzzzzzzz