Cybermen vs Borg

CR500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes, I know they kind of fought in the Doctor Who/Star Trek crossover, but I have heard some Star Trek fans say that the Borg could not have been as powerful as they are in the shows/films because the comics aren't canon, and I'm pretty sure it used the Cybermen from the other dimension and not Mondas Cybermen.

So who would win between canon Borg and Mondas Cybermen?

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Those were almost certainly Mondas Cybermen. It was hinted hinted at in Nightmare in Silver, with the Cybus style suits that fought in the Cyber-War, which was a known Mondas conflict.

Given that Assimilation^2 also literally showed Mondas Cybermen as learning about the Star Trek setting, it's almost certainly the Mondas Cybermen with similar suits that show up later in the comic. Most probably, the Mondas and Cybus Cybermen just simply combined to make a more perfect Cyber-Collective. In addition, the Cybermen ships seen in NewWho, and used by so-called "Cybus" Cybermen in Big Bang/Pandorica Opens and A Good Man Goes to War, are the exact same as Mondas Cybermen spaceships shown in the Old series, again indicating strongly that the Mondas and Cybus Cybermen became one collective.

However, ignoring all showings of Cyber-Men with (C) on their chest, which was what the alt-universe ones had, and ignoring Assimilation^2, what era for Cybermen? Nightmare in Silver era? Space-Al Qaeda era of the 4th to 7th Doctor's interactions with Cybermen in 23-30something century? Original era Mondas?

We don't have much knowledge of ship based weaponry of the Cybermen, as outside of Assimilation^2 ship to ship combat with Cybermen is not often done in Doctor Who.