CW Supergirl VS DCEU Superman

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
Edited 2 years, 2 months ago

Poll: CW Supergirl VS DCEU Superman (309 votes)

Superman 49%
Supergirl 51%

Who wins? Fight is in MOS Metropolis. Both are bloodlusted with no preparation and this is a fight to the death.

CW Supergirl is not jobbing.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#51 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#52 Posted by Bastets (256 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by RBT (29468 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even close now. Kara in a stomp.

#54 Posted by modernww2fare (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes

#55 Edited by GLCorps (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Not even close now.

Yes not even close now, especialy after the last eposde, Superman takes this.

I don't know what the hell the writers are thinking to be honest. The fight with Reign made me very upset.

Kara got seriously injured by a piece of concrete, then put off balance by a car door ( srsly what was that nonsense ). Her opponent being a Kryptonian doesn't justify that BS. Those items should by now means hurt her.

Cavill's Superman can't be even scratched by any Earth made objects unless it's a nuclear missile, which is a more faithful and consistent representation of Kryptonians.

He got crushed by an oil rig, and beaten through concrete and steel, also was thrown from several stories into a bunch of radiators when depowered by Kryptonite. Latter seemingly hurt him, but he still didn't sustain a single scratch.

Right now DCEU Superman curbstomps while holding back, just like he was holding back ( rather toying ) with the Justice League and Steppenwolf.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#56 Posted by SupremeGeneration (12313 posts) - - Show Bio

If I could change my vote over to Kara, I would.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#58 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6899 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#60 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6899 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Edited by GLCorps (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000 said:

Obviously million tonner Kara stomps Superman.

that's nonsense. At least if it was consistent, I could even understand but it isn't. She just recently got almost killed with a piece of concrete used as a bat and a car door ....

Edit: sorry, posted before reading the replies lolz

DCEU Superman is at least consistent with his durablity.

Kara would have suffered serious and lethal injuries if she endured what Clark had to in Man of Steel fighting Zod, according to not just the latest Supergirl episode ....

#63 Edited by GLCorps (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000 said:
@glcorps said:
@watcher5000 said:

Obviously million tonner Kara stomps Superman.

that's nonsense. At least if it was consistent, I could even understand but it isn't. She got almost killed with a piece of concrete used as a bat and a car door ....

DCEU Superman is at least consistent on the deruablity.

Kara would have suffered serious and lethal injuries if she endured what Clark had to in Man of Steel fighting Zod, according to not just the latest Supergirl episode ....

No Caption Provided

yeah yeah I already edited my previous comment :P - still a perfect one.

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
#64 Edited by supremeintelligence (757 posts) - - Show Bio

kara getting beat down by reign is a good feat for reign not a bad feat for kara

idk why some people don't understand this

reign would wreck clark too

#65 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

Clarks striking feats and combat speed are better in my opinion

Zod and Clark were blasting each other through skyscrapers and causing massive shockwaves , Kara barely shattered Ice and got knocked out by a car door and fall from a skyscraper. Clark would wreck her with his jots

#66 Edited by GLCorps (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremeintelligence said:

kara getting beat down by reign is a good feat for reign not a bad feat for kara

idk why some people don't understand this

Getting not just beat down but almost killed with a concrete bar is not a good feat for a Kryptonian fam.

Zod hit Clarks face with a steal beam and threw him through several Skyscrapers, both flew through tons of steal beams and conrete and it didn't injure them. Neither did any cars landing on their head, like on Superman for instance.

They did stumble a moment whenever hit by something realy hard or to the ground and through buildings but it didn't hurt them, that's the decicive part .... and they recovered quickly.

How many times did Supergirl get thrown against stuff or hit the ground and had to struggle to even get up ?

CBS Supergirl's current durability is basicaly like DCEU Superman weakened by Kryptonite dust .... It's bad.

They occasionaly give homage to some classic comic book stuff yet make her look weak AF for the most part.

I am not happy with their Supergirl portrayel on CBS. They are watering her down too much.

#67 Posted by supremeintelligence (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@glcorps:

Getting not just beat down but almost killed with a concrete bar is not a good feat for a Kryptonian fam.

but she wasn't almost killed though. that part is being exaggerated. all her bleedings were hits from reign

Zod hit Clarks face with a steal beam and threw him through several Skyscrapers, both flew through tons of steal beams and conrete and it didn't injure them. Neither did any cars landing on their head, like on Superman for instance.

kara wasn't damaged by anything but reign's hits. that's like using doomsday stabbing superman as a bad feat for clark. even then kara's fight with reign went through entire skyscrapers and buildings too including launching themselves from the harbor to the middle of a city like a meteor

They did stumble a moment whenever hit by something realy hard or to the ground and through buildings but it didn't hurt them, that's the decicive part .... and they recovered quickly.

that only proves zod and clark were evenly matched. reign was kara's superior but that doesn't automatically equal clark as her superior

How many times did Supergirl get thrown against stuff or hit the ground and had to struggle to even get up ?

once when the fight ended. not that it counts against her. it counts in favor of reign

CBS Supergirl's current durability is almost like Clark weakened by Kryptonite dust .... It's bad.

lol no. kara has not been damaged nor had messed up hair until reign's beating.

and speaking of kryptonite, clark couldn't heal from a kryptonite scratch on his face or breathe properly after being gassed whereas kara pulled a kryptonite bullet out of her arm, stood up and blasted a hole to the earth's mantle with her heat vision after being weakened by kryptonite, didn't bleed when metallo blasted her after being depowered with red sunlight by thawne, her earth-x doppelganger pulled ollie's kryptonite arrow off her chest like nothing now you tell me who really has the worse durability of the two.

#68 Posted by RBT (29468 posts) - - Show Bio

Clarks striking feats and combat speed are better in my opinion

Zod and Clark were blasting each other through skyscrapers and causing massive shockwaves , Kara barely shattered Ice and got knocked out by a car door and fall from a skyscraper. Clark would wreck her with his jots

When did she barely shatter ice? She shattered it with utmost ease. Was she shown to struggle when shattering it? The car door knocked her down, not out. And she wasn't even knocked out by the fall from the skyscraper. She was knocked out way before she hit the ground. From the beating she took from Reign.

It's amazing how most of things you mentioned are outright lies.

#71 Posted by themongoose (1792 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt even vote

Superman Knocks her head upsidedown

Avatar image for greysentinel365
#73 Posted by Greysentinel365 (6427 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirls medium holds her back.

#74 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@glcorps: Haven't read all posts here, but I saw some of your posts. The base of an oil rig absolutely is NOT a million tons, and even if it were it wouldn't matter as he lifted the VERY TOP of the oil rig which is less than 100 tons.

#75 Edited by GLCorps (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@glcorps:

but she wasn't almost killed though. that part is being exaggerated. all her bleedings were hits from reign

kara wasn't damaged by anything but reign's hits. that's like using doomsday stabbing superman as a bad feat for clark. even then kara's fight with reign went through entire skyscrapers and buildings too including launching themselves from the harbor to the middle of a city like a meteor

that only proves zod and clark were evenly matched. reign was kara's superior but that doesn't automatically equal clark as her superior

once when the fight ended. not that it counts against her. it counts in favor of reign

CBS Supergirl's current durability is almost like Clark weakened by Kryptonite dust .... It's bad.

lol no. kara has not been damaged nor had messed up hair until reign's beating.

and speaking of kryptonite, clark couldn't heal from a kryptonite scratch on his face or breathe properly after being gassed whereas kara pulled a kryptonite bullet out of her arm, stood up and blasted a hole to the earth's mantle with her heat vision after being weakened by kryptonite, didn't bleed when metallo blasted her after being depowered with red sunlight by thawne, her earth-x doppelganger pulled ollie's kryptonite arrow off her chest like nothing now you tell me who really has the worse durability of the two.

Really ? it is what it is.

She got severely injured in the head by a mere piece of concrete. If she had DCEU Superman's consistant durability, that concrete would have just shattered on her, crumbled like a cookie, not almost crushed her head ....

Kara was damaged by the items Reign used .... that's a difference.

How so ? she was injured several times in the show, also lost her consciousness and nearly died to lesser villains - She was injured already in her pilot, got almost killed by Vartox. Remember when DCEU Superman had his first fight against trained Kryptonian militaries and got injured or nearly died .... ? yeah, me neither. But that is not even the main problem. The show is just very inconsistent with her durability and strenght feats.

CBS Kara and DCEU Clark aren't one and the same thing. The only similarity is that the Kryptonians in both universes are affected by Kryptonite. Durability wise, DCEU Superman is on another level and we had only one movie so far where we had a glimps of his true potential, implying he will do more incredible things in the next movies ( that is if the DCEU survives ).

Sorry man, Supergirl. It's not just this episode either ....

She didn't just take it though, she got injured and knocked back by it and it wasn't her chest but the shoulder.

Clark was blasted twice in the face with Kryptonite, inhaled it and that spear was also concentrated pure Kryptonite, obv it cut him. It's Kryptonite .... CBS Kara got easily cut by both Kryptonite and Kryptonian metal. This only means that Kryptonite is a weakness to both because they are Kryptonian.

I give you that one. DCEU Superman's heat vision is as of right now pretty much feat less,

But I can't give anyone anything regarding strenght and durability category. It would just be too offensive.

DCEU Superman shifted tectonic plates, even the smaller than average can have a mass of a hundred million tons and the article talks plates IIRC as in plural .....

That completly overshadows any of Karas strenght feat, unless Kara pushes mountains or moons in the next episodes ....

#76 Posted by themongoose (1792 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000: No Supermans durability is insane he can take whatever Kara throws at him and Keep movin but the same can't be said for Kara

#77 Posted by supremeintelligence (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@glcorps:

She got severely injured in the head by a mere piece of concrete. If she had DCEU Superman's consistant durability, that concrete would have just broken on her, not almost crushed her head ....Kara was damaged by the items Reign used .... that's a difference.

no. her head injury was when reign clocked her in the forehead. I watched the fight multiple times. it wasn't concrete. the second time was when reign headbutted her in the mouth

How so ? she was injured several times in the show, also lost her consciousness and nearly died to lesser villains

like who? reign? kryptonite wielding dudes? only reign has given her a near death experience

She was injured already in her pilot, got almost killed by Vartox.

come on now. "beat down" sure ."almost killed"? this is being overblown

Remember when DCEU Superman had his first fight against trained Kryptonian militaries and got injured or nearly died .... ? yeah, me neither.

I remember him having to dodge those bullets and being knocked out after faora clotheslined him

But that is not even the main problem. The show is just very inconsistent with her durability and strenght feats.

not really. there aren't as many inconsistencies as many believe. when was the last time low level man-made objects seriously harmed her. even her "struggles" strength wise has shown to be above clark's paygrade

CBS Kara and DCEU Clark aren't one and the same thing. The only similarity is that the Kryptonians in both universes are affected by Kryptonite. Durability wise, DCEU Superman is on another level and we had only one movie so far where we had a glimps of his true potential, implying he will do more incredible things in the next movies

durability wise that may or may not be the case but nothing completely out of kara's league unless you include other factors outside of receiving damage as part of "durability"

( that is if the DCEU survives ).

it'll survive as long as warner bros scraps this 2 hour movie time limit BS

She didn't just take it though, she got injured and knocked back by it and it wasn't her chest but the shoulder.

I didn't say she took it the arrow without damage, I'm saying she pulled it out with a pissed-off expression not a screaming-in-pain attitude

Clark was blasted twice in the face with Kryptonite and that spear was also concentrated pure Kryptonite, obv it cut him. It's Kryptonite .... CBS Kara got easily cut by both Kryptonite and Kryptonian metal. This only means that Kryptonite is a weakness to both because they are Kryptonian.

except you suggested that her durability was on par with a kryptonite-poisoned clark when feats say that even a kryptonite-poisoned kara has better showings than a kryptonite-poisoned clark making your point null

clark was fully powered when he fought bruce until he got gassed and then began having trouble with him until after his scar. kara was virtually mortal after thawne depowered her with red sunlight. unlike clark she was blasted, not gassed and still suffered no damage, no bleeding, no scars, no broken limbs etc. I'm sure you can see the difference here

DCEU Superman shifted tectonic plates, even the smaller than average can have a mass of a hundred million tons. That completly overshadows any of Karas strenght feat, unless Kara pushes mountains or moons in the next episodes ....

I don't remember seeing clark shifting tectonic plates in the movie. feel free to point it out where it is in the movie

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#78 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcher5000: No Supermans durability is insane he can take whatever Kara throws at him and Keep movin but the same can't be said for Kara

Would you disagree that Kara has objectively better durability feats and strength feats than Clark?

I mean, I know the standard argument here is "outliers", but you have to at least admit she has better feats right?

#79 Posted by themongoose (1792 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for redhoodsavagery
#80 Posted by redhoodsavagery (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: your such a cw fanboy its unreal

#81 Edited by GLCorps (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@glcorps:

She got severely injured in the head by a mere piece of concrete. If she had DCEU Superman's consistant durability, that concrete would have just broken on her, not almost crushed her head ....Kara was damaged by the items Reign used .... that's a difference.

no. her head injury was when reign clocked her in the forehead. I watched the fight multiple times. it wasn't concrete. the second time was when reign headbutted her in the mouth

How so ? she was injured several times in the show, also lost her consciousness and nearly died to lesser villains

like who? reign? kryptonite wielding dudes? only reign has given her a near death experience

She was injured already in her pilot, got almost killed by Vartox.

come on now. "beat down" sure ."almost killed"? this is being overblown

Remember when DCEU Superman had his first fight against trained Kryptonian militaries and got injured or nearly died .... ? yeah, me neither.

I remember him having to dodge those bullets and being knocked out after faora clotheslined him

But that is not even the main problem. The show is just very inconsistent with her durability and strenght feats.

not really. there aren't as many inconsistencies as many believe. when was the last time low level man-made objects seriously harmed her. even her "struggles" strength wise has shown to be above clark's paygrade

CBS Kara and DCEU Clark aren't one and the same thing. The only similarity is that the Kryptonians in both universes are affected by Kryptonite. Durability wise, DCEU Superman is on another level and we had only one movie so far where we had a glimps of his true potential, implying he will do more incredible things in the next movies

durability wise that may or may not be the case but nothing completely out of kara's league unless you include other factors outside of receiving damage as part of "durability"

( that is if the DCEU survives ).

it'll survive as long as warner bros scraps this 2 hour movie time limit BS

I didn't say she took it the arrow without damage, I'm saying she pulled it out with a pissed-off expression not a screaming-in-pain attitude

Clark was blasted twice in the face with Kryptonite and that spear was also concentrated pure Kryptonite, obv it cut him. It's Kryptonite .... CBS Kara got easily cut by both Kryptonite and Kryptonian metal. This only means that Kryptonite is a weakness to both because they are Kryptonian.

except you suggested that her durability was on par with a kryptonite-poisoned clark when feats say that even a kryptonite-poisoned kara has better showings than a kryptonite-poisoned clark making your point null

clark was fully powered when he fought bruce until he got gassed and then began having trouble with him until after his scar. kara was virtually mortal after thawne depowered her with red sunlight. unlike clark she was blasted, not gassed and still suffered no damage, no bleeding, no scars, no broken limbs etc. I'm sure you can see the difference here

DCEU Superman shifted tectonic plates, even the smaller than average can have a mass of a hundred million tons. That completly overshadows any of Karas strenght feat, unless Kara pushes mountains or moons in the next episodes ....

I don't remember seeing clark shifting tectonic plates in the movie. feel free to point it out where it is in the movie

Sigh ....

Loading Video...

See the thumbnail .... ? it is concrete held by 3 construction steel bars. That concrete didn't even break.

4:04 she gets hit by said concrete bar and her head is badly injured by that.

Not before ....

Granted, when Zod hit Superman with that steel beam in the face that also knocked him down, but he wasn't bruised.

Leave out the fact it the concrete didn't break .... it injured Kara's head badly. Fact.

That is clear as water inferior durability.

- like the crazy human who almost killed her when Superman had to intervene to prevent her from dying. She struggled against almost every opponent.

Almost every kind of energy based weapon of even small proportion, including electricity at least dazed her, knocked her down, out, or injured her.

DCEU Superman was knocked down only by an energy blast from a Kryptonian gunship. Cyborgs Plasma canon knocked him back a few steps and made him only angry. The only things that injured him so far, were Kryptonite, "Kryptonians" ( aka only Doomsday ) and a nuclear missile seemingly right in the face.

- Yeah he dodged those bullets out of instinct not because they were a danger to him. He was never confronted by the military, or even firearms for that matter ever before.

In BvS he isn't phased by those high caliber bullets from Batman's autocanon trap.

I don't know why he wasn't portrayed that powerful or fast the other movies, but realy nothing in the fight with Zod in MoS was very super speed. In Justice League he didn't struggle against basicaly the same strenght level opponent. He was just toying with him.

Now speed. DCEU Superman actualy fought someone in super speed. Combat and travel speed are not always the same for every character. For DCEU Superman it is confirmed now, that he moves and fights like he was almost fighting at normal speed when everything around him is dead frozen.

- Vortox was clearly about to choke her to death .... she survived because Alex intervened and distracted him.

DCEU Clark wasn't struggling nearly as much against no less but two Kryptonians in Kryptonian armor and full military training.

CBS Kara basicaly fought a thug who couldn't fly - so more or less the equvivalent of one newly arrived Kryptonian that fought DCEU Superman.

- Except not. Like seriously, show me one example where Kryptonite weakened Kara ( and not Overgirl, who's cells were oversaturated by solar radiation, thus why she initialy kicked Karas ass ) and she showed better feats than DCEU Superman. Please ....

- DCEU Superman was blasted by Kryptonite and inhaled it twice, but if CBS Kara endured the same punishment he had to ( thrown into a bunch of radiators from several floors and through concrete and pillars ) she prob would have died by CBW writers logic, that's why I said her durability is en par, because it's an actualy valid comparison.

- what are you talking about ? Kara couldn't even walk, let alone fight or do anything. Thawne was about to disect her and he would have.

I didn't see weakened Kara endure even remotely as much punishment from an armored enraged Batman out to kill weakened DCEU Clark. Let's be real here ....

Plus, don't forget all of that happened when Clark couldn't regenerate ( due to lack of sunlight ), not that he was visibly brusied anyway .... but still.

Yeah I definitly see the difference, otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion, which is superfluous imho ....

On to strenght.

The tectonic plates thing is on a newspaper article in that wheelchair guys house. It's a nice little homage to Reeve's Superman, but it's still a fact.

It reads "Superman shifts tectonic plate, prevents devastating Earthquake"

No Caption Provided

#82 Posted by RBT (29468 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by Kingyang (847 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing clark has on kara in this fight is choreagorphy and budget.

#84 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@glcorps: Please don't play off a feat you have absolutely zero context to. The shifting the tectonic plate thing has no information on how it was done.

#85 Posted by redhoodsavagery (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: your jyst annoying

#86 Posted by dorukesin1 (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark will see her in slow motion in a combat

#87 Posted by nerdchore (8254 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice league comes out everyone faps to supes. Hes cool and more his level but kara has been above him for awhile and still is.

#88 Edited by GLCorps (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:

@glcorps: Please don't play off a feat you have absolutely zero context to. The shifting the tectonic plate thing has no information on how it was done.

I'm not stating an opinion or claiming anything. The article literaly states he shifted a tectonic plate to prevent an Earthquake. Yes we don't know anything in detail, but neither is it leaving many options or a mistery right .... ? You can only phsyicaly shift something. Unless Superman has telekinetic abilities now too ....

.... kara has been above him for awhile and still is.

Effectively, not a single second so far.

#89 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@glcorps: I am at work right now so I won't go into detail but there are literally millions of different things that could have happened. There is no evidence that he shifted it with physical force. I am not saying that he definitely didn't just that it is unusable as a feat because there is no mention of how it was done and there are any number of ways to do it in a comic book world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
#90 Posted by deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by redhoodsavagery (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@lfrankthetank27: what feats put her over superman call me when she getd gased by kryptonite 3 times then gets nuked then fights doomsday

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
#92 Posted by deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
#93 Posted by KanyeCosby (7342 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to believe that Superman kicks her ass, but I’m not actually sure he can win this.

#94 Posted by sportjames23 (1132 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingyang: And strength. And speed. And durability. And feats. And better opponents.

#95 Posted by sportjames23 (1132 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: You still going on with that nonsense?

#96 Posted by GLCorps (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:

@glcorps: .... millions of different things ....

LoL - yeah, there is literaly none that don't involve him using his super strenght.

#97 Edited by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@glcorps said:
@rr79 said:

LoL - yeah, there is literaly none that don't involve him using his super strenght.

Obviously you have a very small imagination.

#98 Posted by GLCorps (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79 said:
@glcorps said:
@rr79 said:

Obviously you have a very small imagination.

Please enlighten us then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
#99 Posted by deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15 (5093 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl was able to match the Flash's speed, even if for only a few seconds. She's also pretty strong and an adept combatant. However, DCEU Superman is on a different level. I would argue Superman is the faster of the two just because he is as fast as the Flash, if only maybe a little bit slower, and the DCEU Flash is at least on par with CW Flash. Superman is also way stronger, casually lifting buildings in Justice League. Despite Supergirl's martial art training, Superman held his own against Batman pretty well and his laser vision is friggin powerful. Add to that Superman's regeneration and I see this as a mid-high dif for Supes.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#100 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17602 posts) - - Show Bio

After her fight with Reign, Im backing Superman.