• 55 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
#1 Posted by deactivated-5a46927fc5463 (2849 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Round 1: Unarmed fight, pure H2H
  • Round 2: Standard gear, no armor for Slade
  • Round 3: Slade is on Mirakuru, Ward gets berseker staff

Who wins?

#3 Edited by The_Magister (14257 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Ward takes this decisively. Beating Oliver isn't scaleable...depending on the writers' moods, anyone can or can't do it on any given day. There is zero logic or consistency in Arrow. The fact of the matter is that Ward has superior overall skill and physical attributes.

Round 2 - This heavily depends on distance, since swords are a part of Slade's standard gear. He is deadly with them - meanwhile, Ward doesn't really have a melee weapon equivalent as part of his standard gear. In a tactical shootout, I'd back Ward.

Round 3 - Ward by implication, Slade by feats.

Slade gets cleaned up, no problem.
Slade gets cleaned up, no problem.

#4 Edited by RBT (28490 posts) - - Show Bio

R1- Slade for a comfortable win. Anyone who can best Oliver in h2h would wipe the floor with Ward.

R2- Slade is a better shot with handgun and has better cqc gear. He takes it.

R3- Berserker Staff supposedly gives users the stats of an Asgardian. That would make Ward at least stronger than Slade, but Slade is still faster, more skilled and a lot more durable, so Slade takes this as well.

#5 Posted by TheSuperor (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade is simply better than Ward. He takes this.

#6 Posted by Arcus1 (27804 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: if Slade were just a villain of the week, I might agree. (The villain of the week pattern of being able to challenge the hero is a pretty common trope, not unique to Arrow). But Slade’s consistently been portrayed as roughly comparable to Ollie, by virtue of being a match for him even after being weakened by the cure, and beating him in the tie in comic and S3 fight. His stomping Captain Boomerang in the S5 finale also puts him on that tier. I’d have to watch their fight in the cave from S2 again, but it seems like Slade beat Ollie without fully exploiting his strength, could be seen as another instance of Slade outfighting Ollie (but I’d need to rewatch). Since his return to Arrow, I’ve gotten the vibe that Slade and Ollie are peers, not that that makes for a strong argument, but still, it makes sense

#7 Edited by The_Magister (14257 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Tbh I always got the vibe that Slade was Ollie's superior, regardless of Thursday night's episode. But I don't put Ollie on the same level as the agents as far as non-ranged combat goes. AoS is nothing if not consistent in scaling. So it is much easier to make a case that doesn't contradict itself entirely.

#8 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade wins all rounds.

#9 Posted by Arcus1 (27804 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister:

Getting ko’ed by a close range strike from Slade isn’t a low showing? I guess if you only looked at that showing and didn’t acknowledge other times he took hits from Slade (that weren’t as focused and well played) it could be called lowballing

Getting choked by Liza Warner only happened because he let his guard down to free/talk with Lance, why would that be considered a legit combat showing? It’s like when May got cheap shorted by an Alisha clone (when she and Lincoln were fighting Alisha)

Ward got restrained by a couple cops for a while back in S1 (he and Daisy were in a coffee shop somewhere, I’m not sure what episode but saw it on YouTube)

Low showings happen, it’s hardly something unique to Arrow. I can see AoS being more consistent, but that hardly means every AoS character is automatically superior to any Arrow character. If a random low showing is quite obviously an outlier designed to serve the plot (like Ollie getting pinned down by a mercenary, despite plenty of other showings of him clearing through those mercenaries, to allow for the missile launch) I don’t see why it should be given much merit

#11 Posted by AngelJax (11748 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done quite a few times.

Round 1: Ward

Round 2: Ward

Round 3: I feel like Ward would win, but it'd be easier to argue for Slade winning due to his sheer assortment of feats.

#12 Posted by Arcus1 (27804 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister:

Yeah and that’s fair, but the role of plot should still be acknowledged. A couple odd showings of struggling with fodder doesn’t bring Ollie’s average performance against fodder down that much considering how frequently he clears through them like nothing

Exactly, there’s circumstance to take into consideration. Same credit should be given to Ollie (or other Arrow characters)

This is basically gonna turn into a Ward vs Ollie debate, tbh

#15 Posted by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done. Backing Slade.

#16 Posted by AngelJax (11748 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt:

R1- Slade for a comfortable win. Anyone who can best Oliver in h2h would wipe the floor with Ward.

Ward would beat S2 Oliver though. Hell, unarmed he beats current Oliver as well.

#17 Posted by RBT (28490 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax said:

@rbt:

Ward would beat S2 Oliver though. Hell, unarmed he beats current Oliver as well.

I don't think we'll ever agree on this. So, let's just agree to disagree.

#18 Posted by deltahuman (4985 posts) - - Show Bio

Ward is my fav AoS character. Brett Dalton is awesome. But against Slade, I don't think my logic allows me to back him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a383440098ed
#19 Posted by deactivated-5a383440098ed (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade stomps overrated Ward all rounds.

#20 Posted by jayc1324 (26429 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade all rounds.

Ward is one of my absolute favorite AOS characters so it is hard for me to say if he is overrated or not, but I just really don't think he is on the same level as Oliver/Slade and people like that. Not when it comes to skill or physicals.

#21 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36840 posts) - - Show Bio

• Round 1: Unarmed fight, pure H2H: Slade has a really good speed feat now, Slade.
  • Round 2: Standard gear, no armor for Slade. Still Slade...
  • Round 3: Slade is on Mirakuru, Ward gets berseker staff. Slade has better feats, but the Staff is supposed to make you Asgard level...so Ward.
Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
#23 Posted by SolomonTheNotSoWise (851 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Ward takes this decisively. Beating Oliver isn't scaleable...depending on the writers' moods, anyone can or can't do it on any given day. There is zero logic or consistency in Arrow. The fact of the matter is that Ward has superior overall skill and physical attributes.

Round 2 - This heavily depends on distance, since swords are a part of Slade's standard gear. He is deadly with them - meanwhile, Ward doesn't really have a melee weapon equivalent as part of his standard gear. In a tactical shootout, I'd back Ward.

Round 3 - Ward by implication, Slade by feats.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#24 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we just get an Oliver/Ward CaV already?? PLEASE??

#25 Posted by deactivated-5a46927fc5463 (2849 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by TonyMartial (9685 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#27 Edited by HitTheAssasin (8223 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade. Ward never really impressed me that much, he got bodied by Bobbi and his other CQC feats as well as implied skill are pretty good, especially the feat against the Agents in Season 1, but nothing I don't see Oliver or Slade replicating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
#28 Posted by deactivated-5c30485311cf6 (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

Ward in a good fight.

#29 Posted by rogueshadow (29360 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade.

#30 Posted by RBT (28490 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade.

#31 Posted by the_wspanialy (4075 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Could go either way.
  2. Either way. Ward seems to be a better marksman (I think), but Slade's skill with a sword would turn the tide in his favour in cqc. @the_magister what are the best gun feats for Ward?
  3. Slade. The Staff supposedly making a wielder Asgardian level has lost it's meaning ever since Bobbi hold her own against Vin-Tak (who went toe-to-toe with Lady Sif, who should be way above averege Asgardian).
#32 Posted by The_Magister (14257 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by jayskee (4874 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Ward

2. Ward

3. Slade

#34 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27729 posts) - - Show Bio

Ward wins all rounds.

#35 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Ward wins all rounds.

#37 Posted by RBT (28490 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade is simply better than Ward. He takes this.

#39 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27729 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant, all rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
#40 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Ward

Round 2: Slade in CQC, Ward in a shootout.

Round 3: Slade

#41 Posted by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade all rounds.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#42 Posted by blackpantherisb (7248 posts) - - Show Bio

Spade all rounds.

#43 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Spade all rounds.

You think a random card can defeat Ward.

J.k, sorry, bad joke.

#44 Posted by blackpantherisb (7248 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by blackpantherisb (7248 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77: Yeah.

Also I’ve noticed you didn’t put Gotham Knight feats in your CaV or your respect thread. Would you mind if I did a write up about why GK is canon and then made a mini respect thread for the movie, and then you could put it in your respect thread?

#47 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77: Yeah.

Also I’ve noticed you didn’t put Gotham Knight feats in your CaV or your respect thread. Would you mind if I did a write up about why GK is canon and then made a mini respect thread for the movie, and then you could put it in your respect thread?

Which CAV, I might go back and add stuff to my RT, I'm well aware of it's cannon status I just never added stuff to my RT for some reason.

#48 Posted by blackpantherisb (7248 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77: The Nolan vs. DCEU Batman CaV.

Subine didn't want me to use GK feats and I abided by his wishes, I would have used them had I been allowed.

#50 Posted by blackpantherisb (7248 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77: Ahhh I see. Anyway, would you mind if I PMed you the write up at some point?