Standard knowledge before fight

1. No gear, no Herb, No serum
  2. Both get normal clothes, BP Gets Herb, Diaz gets Serum

Who wins?

#2 Posted by RBT (26724 posts) - - Show Bio

Diaz stomps 1. Loses 2.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#3 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

Diaz stomps round 1, gets stomped round 2.

#4 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25005 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably T'Challa for R1. Lack of enhansments affected his fighting style badly. He's not used to it. But Diaz isn't good either.

Panther destroys him in 2. There's no advantages for Diaz.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#5 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#6 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4146 posts) - - Show Bio

T'Challa loses the first round because he sucks without the herb. At least Diaz has feats beating pretty skilled opponents.

Diaz loses round 2 through.

#7 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2434 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Diaz stomps 1. Loses 2.

#8 Posted by The_Magister (13260 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably T'Challa for R1. Lack of enhansments affected his fighting style badly. He's not used to it. But Diaz isn't good either.

#9 Posted by ProbablyASphere (531 posts) - - Show Bio

T'Challa both rounds

#10 Posted by Subline (6315 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Diaz stomps.
  2. Black Panther stomps.
#11 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really see why Diaz stomps round 1. His only win is against Thea who was said to be out of practice. He's lost every fight against Oliver. Yes he held his own but that doesn't make him an equal just because Oliver didn't wreck him with 0 difficulty. He's also lost to Diggle who also is clearly not Oliver's equal.

I stand by the fact that based on consistent showings M'baku would defeat Diggle. T'challa also has the better training back ground than Diaz on paper. Diaz can give T'challa a good fight since he has given better fighters than depowered T'challa problems but I think I would back T'challa still.

Avatar image for originalcaptain
#12 Posted by OriginalCaptain (4876 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000 said:

#13 Posted by Matthew660 (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: T’challa

R2: Mismatch in T’challa’s favor

#14 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5196 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Don't see why Diaz doesn't solidly take this round, he was legitimately outhitting Oliver and only lost because he gave Oliver a second to breath.
  2. Obviously T'Challa.
#15 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Don't see why Diaz doesn't solidly take this round, he was legitimately outhitting Oliver and only lost because he gave Oliver a second to breath.
  2. Obviously T'Challa.

Fighting doesn't work like a boxing match. Whether or not Diaz would have won if he pressed his advantage is unknown. But regardless Diaz is arrogant so it doesn't matter. We saw it when he was enhanced and fought Oliver in prison, we saw it when he tried to kill Felicity in her apartment, etc.

#16 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5196 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@danieldaripper said:
  2. Obviously T'Challa.

Fighting doesn't work like a boxing match. Whether or not Diaz would have won if he pressed his advantage is unknown. But regardless Diaz is arrogant so it doesn't matter. We saw it when he was enhanced and fought Oliver in prison, we saw it when he tried to kill Felicity in her apartment, etc.

You're right fighting doesn't work like a boxing match but as you said we don't know whether or not Diaz would've won that fight if he kept the pressure on but from the looks of it he had a pretty fair chance of winning. I don't think the Felicity thing should be considered iirc Diaz did state he was in a pretty shitty condition after Laurel blasted him off the roof. The serum brought him back to good health.

You're right about the arrogance thing but T'Challa isn't exactly on Oliver's level while herbless so I don't think that if Diaz was arrogant towards T'Challa it wouldn't be as costly.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieldaripper:

You're right fighting doesn't work like a boxing match but as you said we don't know whether or not Diaz would've won that fight if he kept the pressure on but from the looks of it he had a pretty fair chance of winning.

I have faith in Oliver. Prometheus also threw Oliver to the ground a few times, but Oliver beat him pretty decisively multiple times. Hell we even saw Oliver recover before when Prometheus threw him to the ground.

No Caption Provided

Even if Diaz did press his advantage successfully, and Oliver failed to do what he did to Prometheus, Oliver is a tough guy. I think Oliver could take a few kicks from Diaz to recover. Oliver has done more for me to have confidence in him than Diaz has done for me to have confidence in him. Considering all of there fights, if I were a betting man, I would bet on Oliver recovering and reversing the situation like he did. Even if Diaz weren't arrogant.

Diaz lost. We have no idea if he could have won if he pressed his advantage. I don't have a lot of confidence in Diaz winning a minority on Oliver at the moment because even when he was buffed up Oliver still found a way to win, and he lost to Diggle who would also probably lose 10/10.

I don't think the Felicity thing should be considered iirc Diaz did state he was in a pretty shitty condition after Laurel blasted him off the roof. The serum brought him back to good health.

1. Diaz said every one of his bones were shattered when he hit the water but we know that is hyperbole. We see him at the end of season 6. I am sure Diaz was injured and had some broken bones but I don't think literally all his bones were shattered otherwise he would be in a full body cast. Diaz was likely recovered by the time he went after Felicity (this being a super hero show I can buy that. Regardless he showed no visible injuries at that point).
  2. The point isn't even that Felicity landed hits on Diaz. I am not using this showing to low ball his technique or physical capabilities but to outline his character flaw. Felicity even said "thank God you monologue" which allowed her to throw coffee in his face. I don't think the Felicity thing is a low showing in terms of technique, because the scene comes off more as a mother defending her child and Felicity getting a rush of adrenaline, rather than Felicty fighting him and matching his technique. And Diaz still won the fight.

My point is Diaz does this continuously.

You're right about the arrogance thing but T'Challa isn't exactly on Oliver's level while herbless so I don't think that if Diaz was arrogant towards T'Challa it wouldn't be as costly.

I don't think T'challa can beat Oliver for a minority. But neither can Diaz evidently. As for his arrogance not being costly, arrogance can be costly against anyone. Another point to bring up is that before his fight with Oliver he punched Oliver a bunch of times before the fight began. I remember at the time people were saying that first fight had context to it. So that is also something to consider.

The only thing Diaz has going for him is he has faced more established characters but his track record against those characters isn't good (I don't count Thea as an established character because it was said she wasn't at her best). While characters like M'baku may not be the most established M'baku has his feats against the outrider, and he did show impressive physicals. And T'challa fought him in the water which limits his speed and agility and plays to m'baku's strength. He also does have accolades like having the highest level of training in the MCU. Diaz also has virtually no ground game to speak of whereas T'challa has actually shown good ground game.

#18 Posted by nfactor1995 (12809 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I don't really see why Diaz stomps round 1. His only win is against Thea who was said to be out of practice. He's lost every fight against Oliver. Yes he held his own but that doesn't make him an equal just because Oliver didn't wreck him with 0 difficulty. He's also lost to Diggle who also is clearly not Oliver's equal.

I stand by the fact that based on consistent showings M'baku would defeat Diggle. T'challa also has the better training back ground than Diaz on paper. Diaz can give T'challa a good fight since he has given better fighters than depowered T'challa problems but I think I would back T'challa still.

I find myself agreeing with this for the most part.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#19 Edited by IndomitableRegal (15397 posts) - - Show Bio

I got Diaz in a good fight for round 1, but T'Challa in a stomp for round 2.

#20 Posted by Slade-Prime (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

R1- Diaz but not in a stomp

R2- T'Challa curbs for obvious reasons.

#21 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 Diaz stomps

R2 Panther stomps