CW Oliver Queen vs MCU Frank Castle - Who has better Damage soak / Pain tolerance?

• 54 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Vs.

No Caption Provided

Title.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver, that guy is superhuman

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver. Red Death blows everything Frank has been through, out of the water. Honestly, even imagining the kind of pain it'd cause a guy like Oliver is stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank just edges it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver curbs.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: What's Red Death?

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver, though both are insanely good.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The drug Kovar injected him with. In Kovar's own words-

I had to wake you up, open your eyes, make you see the pain you suffer is still with you. This drug helps set it free. Every cut, every bullet, every wound like you're feeling it all for the first time.
BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver surviving Ra's stabbing him and throwing him off a mountain is still the most BS thing ever considering he's a normal human.

NOT ONLY did he survive but he was back in no time.

1) The stab wound and the fall combined with his other injuries should've killed him

2) The cold should've ended him

3) he should be crippled

It's more bs than batman coming back after his spine was broken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzsikes: How do you think it compares to T'Challa falling off that waterfall and surviving?

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: I didn't see it yet but I don't think falling off a waterfall is worse than

1) climbing a mountain with your bare hands and fighting right after

2) getting injured badly during the fight

3) finally getting a sword stuck through your chest

4) getting thrown or hit off the mountain

5) falling a great deal

6) being in a freezing climate WITH NO SHIRT BLEEDING TO DEATH

I mean come on. I know Oliver is supposed to be like a powerful human but that's just INSANE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@nfactor1995 said:

The drug Kovar injected him with. In Kovar's own words-

I had to wake you up, open your eyes, make you see the pain you suffer is still with you. This drug helps set it free. Every cut, every bullet, every wound like you're feeling it all for the first time.

I don't think that we should take what Kovar said literally here. We don't know if that was actually happening or not. In any case, it only made Oliver feel all his past wounds, it didn't actually do anything to him physically. And also, there's no way you can tell for sure that Frank can't handle Red Death especially when he's endured pain / damage that Oliver couldn't.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Frank. It's literally his thing.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd:

I don't think that we should take what Kovar said literally here. We don't know if that was actually happening or not.

The very next scene was Oliver getting flashbacks of all his past injuries. So, yeah, it certainly happened.

In any case, it only made Oliver feel all his past wounds, it didn't actually do anything to him physically.

And his past would include him getting shot by bullet, by an arrow, getting whipped, getting electrcuted, getting hit by superhumans and such.

And also, there's no way you can tell for sure that Frank can't handle Red Death especially when he's endured pain / damage that Oliver couldn't.

Sure there is. Frank has never endured that kind of pain, so, he can't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

I don't think that we should take what Kovar said literally here. We don't know if that was actually happening or not.

The very next scene was Oliver getting flashbacks of all his past injuries. So, yeah, it certainly happened.

In any case, it only made Oliver feel all his past wounds, it didn't actually do anything to him physically.

And his past would include him getting shot by bullet, by an arrow, getting whipped, getting electrcuted, getting hit by superhumans and such.

And my point still stands. It was all in his mind. It didn't do him any physical harm.

And also, there's no way you can tell for sure that Frank can't handle Red Death especially when he's endured pain / damage that Oliver couldn't.

Sure there is. Frank has never endured that kind of pain, so, he can't.

I said that Frank has endured pain that Oliver couldn't. Doesn't that mean that he can take Read Death too?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd:

And my point still stands. It was all in his mind. It didn't do him any physical harm.

You realize every pain we feel is actually in our brain, right? Even when we get a cut, the only reason we feel pain is because brain tells us to? In Oliver's case, he wasn't getting cut or stabbed, but his brain was telling him he was.

Vertigo, another drug that Oliver survived, was said to directly affect thalamus region. The region which processes pain. It caused a person to shoot himself in the head instead of shooting the person who injected them with it because of how incredibly intense the pain was.

I said that Frank has endured pain that Oliver couldn't. Doesn't that mean that he can take Read Death too?

Has Frank withstood anything close to Oliver withstanding Red Death? I remember him getting tortured pretty badly, but nothing on what Oliver survives/ignores on usual basis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

You realize every pain we feel is actually in our brain, right? Even when we get a cut, the only reason we feel pain is because brain tells us to? In Oliver's case, he wasn't getting cut or stabbed, but his brain was telling him he was.

Do you have any links to the "Red Death" scene? I need to watch it again.

Vertigo, another drug that Oliver survived, was said to directly affect thalamus region. The region which processes pain. It caused a person to shoot himself in the head instead of shooting the person who injected them with it because of how incredibly intense the pain was.

A person? Who was that person exactly? Just cuz it caused a person to shoot himself in the head, doesn't mean that Frank can't take it when his pain-tolerance goes way beyond what a normal person could endure.

Has Frank withstood anything close to Oliver withstanding Red Death? I remember him getting tortured pretty badly, but nothing on what Oliver survives/ignores on usual basis.

Hm, what I actually said was

"Frank has endured pain that Oliver couldn't. Doesn't that mean that he can take Read Death too?"

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7
deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank Castle...

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Oliver surviving Ra's stabbing him and throwing him off a mountain is still the most BS thing ever considering he's a normal human.

NOT ONLY did he survive but he was back in no time.

1) The stab wound and the fall combined with his other injuries should've killed him

2) The cold should've ended him

3) he should be crippled

It's more bs than batman coming back after his spine was broken

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd:

A person? Who was that person exactly? Just cuz it caused a person to shoot himself in the head, doesn't mean that Frank can't take it when his pain-tolerance goes way beyond what a normal person could endure.

No. That was meant to show that you don't need to get injured to physically feel pain.

"Frank has endured pain that Oliver couldn't. Doesn't that mean that he can take Read Death too?"

Yeah, let's ignore the fact that same taser one shotted Vigilante. A metahuman with insane healing abilities. Let's also ignore the fact that Oliver has already tanked tasers with no lasting damage at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@bleidd:

No. That was meant to show that you don't need to get injured to physically feel pain.

Yeah, let's ignore the fact that same taser one shotted Vigilante. A metahuman with insane healing abilities. Let's also ignore the fact that Oliver has already tanked tasers with no lasting damage at all.

What has healing factor got to do with getting electrocuted? And no I'm not ignoring anything. Show me Oliver tanking tasers like Frank did. And in any case, it doesn't change the fact that he was one-shotted by a taser.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd:

What has healing factor got to do with getting electrocuted? And no I'm not ignoring anything. Show me Oliver tanking tasers like Frank did. And in any case, it doesn't change the fact that he was one-shotted by a taser.

Or maybe the taser Oliver was one shot by is more powerful than your usual taser because we have already seen Oliver tank tasers that can one shot fully grown men?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@bleidd:

Or maybe the taser Oliver was one shot by is more powerful than your usual taser because we have already seen Oliver tank tasers that can one shot fully grown men?

I just showed you proof that Frank tanked something that Oliver couldn't and all you could come up with is "since the taser one-shotted Oliver, it must be more powerful". See this is why I think debating on this forum is pointless because everyone seem to have their own headcanon here.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd:

I just showed you proof that Frank tanked something that Oliver couldn't and all you could come up with is "since the taser one-shotted Oliver, it must be more powerful". See this is why I think debating on this forum is pointless because everyone seem to have their own headcanon here.

Here you go.

Loading Video...

This is Oliver tanking tasers.

The same taser than one shot a guy in the same scene. So, obviously, Bratva uses a more powerful taser if it can one shot Oliver and metahumans with enhanced endurance and healing.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

oliver...but if it was between widow then widow would win because she is super durable

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Why would the interrogator want the taser to oneshot Oliver? He wants him to talk. It seems like causing him pain is the intent, so that taser shouldn't be powerful enough to oneshot him.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Why would the interrogator want the taser to oneshot Oliver? He wants him to talk. It seems like causing him pain is the intent, so that taser shouldn't be powerful enough to oneshot him.

It was powerful enough to one shot the interrogator. And honestly, tanking police tasers is not an inhuman feat. Real life people can do that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@bleidd:

Here you go.

Loading Video...

This is Oliver tanking tasers.

The same taser than one shot a guy in the same scene. So, obviously, Bratva uses a more powerful taser if it can one shot Oliver and metahumans with enhanced endurance and healing.

The man didn't get one-shotted by the taser, he was shot to death when Oliver used him as a human shield. And in any case, the guy was interrogating Oliver, why would he want to one-shot him? And again, enhanced healing factor has got nothing to do with electrocution.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank shrugged off getting shot in the head, if I remember correctly

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: this is a fair point but I still can't see frank surviving the fall Oliver did after getting stabbed while he is shirtless and surviving in the cold and being back like a couple of weeks later in fighting form.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ollie

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/5isiq4/respect_the_green_arrow_cws_arrowverse/

Look at those massive Durability feats on Oliver's part.

-tanks explosion

- kicked through multiple walls from a kick that can dent large metal. Still awake

That's just two out of the many.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzsikes: I know Oliver is more durable. That's why I didn't ask who's more durable, but who has better pain tolerance which is perfectly debatable.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Didn't Frank get shot in the head?

If you're not including that, then probably Oliver Queen. He tanks explosions:

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:

Didn't Frank get shot in the head?

If you're not including that, then probably Oliver Queen. He tanks explosions:

Loading Video...

That's durability, not pain tolerance, IMO. And TBH, he didn't tank the explosion, more like tanked the concussive force of the explosion.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By plotweapon16255

Ollie by miles, he took most of these and was still able to fight back & survived rest were the pain itself would have killed a average person.

• took hit from Mirakuru soldier.
Loading Video...
  • Survived fall after being stabbed.
Loading Video...

• Took a explosion
Loading Video...
  • Took arrow, bullet,etc.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

• Took Torture

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Justiciar

Jeez, people really wank Oliver.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anthp2000  Moderator

Oliver, but people arguing he's Luke Cage is just incorrect.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver slightly.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank- Tanks tasers.

Ollie-

No Caption Provided

gg

RanaProGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Oliver since he was able to take a lot of torture.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Dolph Lundgren was the better Punisher and Ollie already beat him.

The_Badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver has greater damage soak, while Frank has better pain tolerance.

@allstarsuperman said:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver has greater damage soak, while Frank has better pain tolerance.

@allstarsuperman said:

No Caption Provided

He's joking, he obviously knows Konstantin Kovar and Dolph Lungren's Punisher are two different characters.