CW: Oliver Queen VS John Diggle (STATS/SPEED EQUALISED)

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JSDoctor

Green Arrow VS Spartan

No Caption Provided

It's well established in Arrow canon that Oliver is a superior combatant to Diggle due to his skill and speed advantage. But how do they compare in strength and durability?

Rules

• Both are unarmed
  • Random encounter
  • Oliver is wearing his Season 5-6 suit - assume that it has all of the feats from his S1-4 suits as well
  • Diggle is wearing his most recent Spartan suit - assume that it has all of the feats from his other suits (including when he was the Green Arrow) as well.

Round 1: Speed and skill are equalised.

Round 2: Speed, skill and strength are equalised.

Round 3: Speed, skill and durability are equalised.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver has better durability feats, but Dig is likely intended to be his physically superior in both strength and durability. He takes it. By feats, Oliver is more durable though.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Not sure
  2. Oliver
  3. Diggle
Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the point of equalising skill? Makes the whole battle redundant.

1: Dig. Superior strength.

2: Stalemate or Oliver outlasts him.

3: Same as above.

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the point of equalising skill?

If skill was a factor in the fight, then Oliver would win as we've seen plenty of times throughout the show. With skill & speed equalised, however, the debate can be about who is stronger & more durable, which is much more subjective and something I'm interested to get people's opinions on.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver all rounds

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Oliver every round. In particular, I feel like Oliver has a big pain tolerance advantage and a ruthlessness advantage, which should help him.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round One: Oliver. His durability is much better than Diggle's strength. I would also argue that Oliver's strength is better.

Round Two: Probably Oliver. Again, both Oliver's physique and suit grants him better damage soak. Diggle does not have that advantage. He wins this quicker than Round One.

Round Three: Tough. I would still argue that Oliver is stronger. I'd have to go by feats to compare, but off the top of my head, Oliver has shown better strength than Diggle.

Moreover, another thing to consider in all of these fights is intelligence. Even if Diggle was a marginally better combatant in this scenario, Oliver has plenty of feats outsmarting his opponent. The latest Elseworlds crossover really takes Oliver's intelligence to a new level, being the only being of the vast regions of the multiverse to impress the Monitor. I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver could outsmart Diggle and gain a quick advantage. The man's simply more experienced.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator

Oliver is all around superior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rbt said:

Oliver has better durability feats, but Dig is likely intended to be his physically superior in both strength and durability. He takes it. By feats, Oliver is more durable though.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

1. Still Oliver, took hits from Superhumans and kicked down a padlocked door.
  2. Oliver again, took hits from Superhumans like Dominators, The Atom and Mirakuru Users.
  3. Oliver, kicked down a padlocked door and broke a man's neck with a kick.
Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IndomitableRegal

This should literally just be a question that asks who's stronger and more durable...

Diggle looks stronger and more durable, but Oliver actually has better feats in both departments, as well as displaying a higher threshold for pain. Oliver all 3 rounds.