#1 Posted by GameOver (196 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

A fight to see how Live action Version stacks up to comic version.

Round 1: Early Comic Green arrow.

No Caption Provided

Round 2: New 52 Green Arrow

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Composite Green arrow

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by nfactor1995 (12929 posts) - - Show Bio

Inb4CWArrowisGodtier

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#3 Edited by AllStarSuperman (43231 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
#4 Posted by deactivated-579ecfa921bb2 (4347 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman got this

#5 Posted by KingCurry30 (953 posts) - - Show Bio

Felicity solos the whole New 52 Universe

#6 Posted by lubub55 (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read any New 52 Green Arrow, so I'm using PC for this matchup.

CW Oliver has the edge in almost every category besides from the two that matter most in a duel between archers: accuracy and equipment. I have no doubt that CW Oliver would take a definitive win in pure H2H, or even in a fight where they start out of sight, but in a battle of archers close-quarters skill most likely won't come into play. Both archers here are good enough to stop their opponents closing the distance, so this fight will come down to potency at range. PC Green Arrow is a better marksman, though not by much. The factor which will ensure PC Green Arrow's victory is his trick arrows and how he uses them. Whilst CW Green Arrow no longer uses them regularly, PC Ollie makes effective use of them in almost every fight he's in. I can't post scans right now since I'm on mobile, but off the top of my head he has electric arrows, explosive arrows, bola arrows, time bomb arrows and some other useful ones. This isn't very detailed, but when I get home I will post scans and explain how specific trick arrows will be useful in a fight.

#7 Posted by lubub55 (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Both of those were pure melee fights. Ra's beat Oliver in the season finale, but was only killed because he stopped to talk. If he had no interest in making Oliver the new Ra's it is made clear that he would have killed him.

Reverse Flash is featless in H2H besides from his fight with Oliver so beating him is not impressive.

Both of these characters don't share the feats of their comic counterparts, so saying Oliver beating them is impressive because they share the names of the comic characters doesn't say much for Oliver.

#8 Edited by Vertigo- (17817 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't the GR pictured for round 1 Conner Hawke?

#9 Posted by nfactor1995 (12929 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Uncle_Cluster (31 posts) - - Show Bio
Etrigan > Superman
Etrigan > Superman
Green Arrow > Etrigan
Green Arrow > Etrigan

You do the math.

#11 Posted by Nefarious (35649 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Arrow stomps.

#12 Edited by TheKinfing (11782 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan > Superman
Etrigan > Superman
Green Arrow > Etrigan
Green Arrow > Etrigan

You do the math.

#13 Posted by Stormdriven (17918 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 3 for sure is a stomp in comic GA's favor. Oliver's archery combined with Connor's martial arts makes it lopsided.

#14 Posted by Pr0tocol (904 posts) - - Show Bio

That first picture is Connor Hawke.. Not Oliver Queen.

He is skilled enough to fight both CW & Comic Oliver at the same time.

#15 Posted by USSJ3071 (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

live action versions basically never beat comic versions. rare exceptions being sebastian shaw and maybe bucky

#16 Posted by ILostTheKey (993 posts) - - Show Bio

He gets completely stomped in every round

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#17 Edited by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55

From what I've read he doesn't seem to be that durable. Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm going to compare some feats anyway though.

No Caption Provided

In the bottom-left corner of this scan where Oliver had only been hit with one arrow at the time he screams in pain

When CW Green Arrow is shot with an arrow and falls he ignores it and immediately returns to fighting.

From this CW Oliver probably has better pain tolerance at least.

They both screamed in pain after the first arrow and Oliver got hit with several of them directly afterwards. From this i'm not sure how you can assert superior pain tolerance. Especially when they appear to be construct arrows made from a lantern ring. Another issue here is that CW Batman seems to be in a back and fourth fight, whereas Oliver was caught by surprise.

A hit squad sent by Brick shot Oliver somewhere in the arm and then blew up the building he was standing on. Mid air as the shockwave was hitting him he grabbed onto a part of the building and propelled himself onto a roof. But wait it doesn't end there he fell through the building skylights all the way to the floor below. He then got up and fought 30+ armed gangsters (not head on of course and he escaped with the help of Mia). Point being he can shrug off attacks just as easily if not more so. He's one tough cookie.

No Caption Provided

PC Oliver was knocked out and would have died from being in the radius of the explosion. He wasn't directly in the explosion though. CW Green Arrow has definitely survived explosions, though we don't know the magnitude of them.

No Caption Provided

PC Oliver was knocked unconscious for a couple of issues when a rocket went off near him.

No Caption Provided

CW Green Arrow was knocked to the floor and then he got up. The explosion presumably went off closer to PC Oliver though, so there's that.

This is a false equivalence and we both know that. You even commented on the numerous differences in each sequence. As I pointed out earlier in this post Oliver has tanked the blasts from explosions before. Specifically from an RPG that blew up the building he was standing on:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

The gif showing Oliver partially submerged in the explosion is hardly impressive btw. It didn't even knock him backwards. The show just handled it as if he was in flames... so I guess his suit is flame proof. Gee that will get him somewhere against an archer... heh. I don't see why you took to comparing showings against explosions anyway. It's not like either of them are going to use an explosive arrow against the other. I brought up blunt force resistance in fist fights because it makes sense considering the nature of the conversation. If it came down to CQC Oliver's got a chin on him. He took shots from trolls that ripped people limb from limb, he took on a rampaging Solomon Grundy and he had no problem against Brick who hits WAY harder than Oliver could ever dream of:

Here's one of the pages from the fight. As the fight raged on he was slammed into concrete pillars, thrown across the alley and slapped around some more in fisticuffs. Despite that he fought on and knocked out Brick with a glue Arrow.
Here's one of the pages from the fight. As the fight raged on he was slammed into concrete pillars, thrown across the alley and slapped around some more in fisticuffs. Despite that he fought on and knocked out Brick with a glue Arrow.

CW Green Arrow was also tanking multiple hits from Mirakuru users, who can casually punch through bomb shelters and reinforced titanium, but you may be right on this one.

That is impressive.

I may have misphrased that. Whilst PC Oliver usually only shoots single arrows at a time, CW Oliver sometimes shoots multiple arrows at once which is obviously more effective. I had scans but they seem to have disappeared.

That's not really true. Oliver shoots multiple arrows quite often.

IIRC his Deathstroke prep feat is void because it was revealed later that it was part of Slade's plan to get captured. He isn't a slouch, but CW Oliver is great with prep. He was able to obtain evidence from one of Deadshot's assassinations and then manipulate the Bratva into helping find out Deadshot's name, which is information not even Argus had. Actual on-the-fly tactics is another area where CW Green Arrow outclasses PC Green Arrow. PC Ollie has never really utilized the environment to his advantage, which is something CW Oliver does regularly. He shoots a power box and then takes out guards under the cover of darkness, activates an elevator and then takes a different approach whilst the guards are distracted and there are some other examples which I'll look for.

It's void as a feat, but the preparation he used in the fight is what i'm referring to. The tactics are still impressive regardless.

As for your info on CW Batman that's impressive, but it's doesn't put him past Oliver in or any semi-capable tactician. He got evidence and shook down some guys for Deadshot's name. Unless there's more to it than that I fail to see how that's the work of a master tactician, nor does it really apply to in battle tactics. The bit about on-the-fly tactics doesn't impress me much either. Shutting off the power is as basic as you can get. Sure he probably uses tactics like this more often but that doesn't put him ahead of PC Oliver who's no slouch in his own right. That and he has a wider array of trick arrows that he uses more often. That in and of itself shows tactical awareness to use certain arrows in certain situations. Such as making Etrigan choke on a fire extinguisher arrow, using flash bangs against a large group, using an adhesive arrow on Brick, etc.

PC Oliver isn't impressive when it comes to speed. I can't think of a single good speed feat of his. In the scan I provided earlier he was even in the blast radius of a rocket when he saw it was being fired. CW Green Arrow has dodged bullets and tagged the Flash.

Oliver has the usual peak human speed feats. Arrow timing, aim dodging the bullets from from some of the best marksmen in DC, making regular humans look like snails, etc. He does of course have a plethora of feats showing off his quickness with a bow as well. As for the whole Flash bit that doesn't impress me much. Not only have I seen the legitimacy of the feat called into question time and time again, but what did he really manage to do in that fight? For the most part CW Batman just got speed blitzed. Sure he managed to land a blow on a character that wasn't within their right mind, but we all know characters job when they don't have their wits about them. Pretty much everything he did in that match up was via tactics. It's hardly a speed feat.

CW Oliver's bow has a draw weight of at least 150lbs

Impressive. I don't think it's going to matter though.

We've been over the endurance stuff, so let's move onto swords. Being proficient isn't enough to beat Oliver. At this point Oliver can stomp Malcolm Merlyn in a sword fight, who can stomp Nyssa al Ghul, who can stomp a whole bunch of League of Assassins members. This may not sound impressive, but Malcolm and Nyssa really are great sword fighters. He was even able to fight evenly with Ra's al Ghul for over two minutes, who had himself completely surrounded by six or eight (I forget) armed League of Assassins members and effortlessly stomped them all. PC Oliver doesn't have any great fodder feats in melee or even feats against established opponents.

I don't have any interest in arguing that he could beat CW Batman in a sword fight. I was just saying that he has knowledge and experience in the area. Still you are wrong to say that he doesn't have any melee feats. For instance he beat Redhood, which is very impressive.

This is becoming a reoccurring theme. You make strong claims like this and they don't check out. First you said he didn't have impressive durability. Then you said he didn't have any speed feats. Then you said he didn't have any melee feats. When does it end? I don't just go into Dragon Ball Z threads and say Goku has never done this and that when I haven't read a lick of the Manga. Of course i'm not saying you haven't read any Green Arrow stories, but it's very clear that you aren't versed enough on the character to talk the way you've been talking.

We can take this into the proper PC Oliver vs CW Oliver if you'd like. Just tag me in a comment there and I'll respond.

*tips fedora*

#18 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55 said:

I haven't read any New 52 Green Arrow, so I'm using PC for this matchup.

CW Oliver has the edge in almost every category besides from the two that matter most in a duel between archers: accuracy and equipment. I have no doubt that CW Oliver would take a definitive win in pure H2H, or even in a fight where they start out of sight, but in a battle of archers close-quarters skill most likely won't come into play. Both archers here are good enough to stop their opponents closing the distance, so this fight will come down to potency at range. PC Green Arrow is a better marksman, though not by much. The factor which will ensure PC Green Arrow's victory is his trick arrows and how he uses them. Whilst CW Green Arrow no longer uses them regularly, PC Ollie makes effective use of them in almost every fight he's in. I can't post scans right now since I'm on mobile, but off the top of my head he has electric arrows, explosive arrows, bola arrows, time bomb arrows and some other useful ones. This isn't very detailed, but when I get home I will post scans and explain how specific trick arrows will be useful in a fight.

Looks like we both agree with the outcome.

#19 Posted by lubub55 (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenaughtytitan: I don't actually think that PC Oliver would win, I just felt that he wasn't getting enough respect in this thread and showing that he isn't completely outclassed in this set-up.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
#20 Posted by MattyDaveHalPeo (665 posts) - - Show Bio

CW GA defeated Ra's because most CW characters are nerfed. Look at how Barry got shot by Ollie in the CW crossover - New 52 Barry is able to vibrate his body so fast that he can let bullets go through him. Comic GA defeats CW GA for two reasons, he's fought genuinely tougher versions of characters, and also has a greater use of trick arrows and whatnot.

#21 Posted by USSJ3071 (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

comic oliver stomps

#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43231 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Jason was not beaten by Green Arrow. Jason was not taking the "fight" seriously. All Jason was doing was buying time for his goons to capture Speedy (Jason actually almost killed Ollie with a booby trapped sword-bomb, which Jason warned Ollie about moments before it exploded). Jason played Green Arrow, Batman, and Speedy all at the same time in this arc.

#23 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: The main objective being to capture Mia doesn't completely erase the showing if that's what you're getting at. Green Arrow still bested him in the sword fight, which is what I was referencing. I suppose I could have thrown in Jason's booby trapped sword and the fact that he escaped with a moral victory, but at the end of the day Oliver still beat Jason in the sword fight. I'd say it's a good showing for both of them:

Green Arrow:

• Avoided all of the turrets Todd set up.
  • Dodged all of his gun fire.
  • Showed quick thinking and on the spot tactics by setting off the sprinklers.
  • Bested Todd in the sword fight.

As for Redhood you've already remarked on the tactics he showcased in luring them their and kidnapping Mia.

#24 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: It's common courtesy to tag someone when you reference a comment of theirs btw.

#25 Posted by jayskee (4869 posts) - - Show Bio

Every single last Green Arrow would stomp CW Arrow. I've said it before and I'll say it about, CW Arrow is overrated and would get stomped by the real Green Arrow.

#26 Edited by AllStarSuperman (43231 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: It's common courtesy to tag someone when you reference a comment of theirs btw.

Yeah sorry I was being an ass. It's just that I've had to explain this whole "Ollie beat Jason" thing over a hundred times......or something close to that.

@allstarsuperman: The main objective being to capture Mia doesn't completely erase the showing if that's what you're getting at.

It does. We already know that Jason wasn't giving it his all in the fight. So Ollie beating a morals on/holding back Jason isn't impressive. Jason is trained to kill. Him fighting with morals on is comparable to putting him in handcuffs.

I suppose I could have thrown in Jason's booby trapped sword

You ALWAYS should. For all we know Jason let himself get disarmed, so that Ollie would be holding a bomb. Jason than uses the bomb to by him time to escape. But.....escape is actually a bad word to use, as really Jason was just leaving to get to the main reason he was in Star City.

Green Arrow: Avoided all of the turrets Todd set up. Dodged all of his gun fire.

At no point in the Road to Jericho arc was Jason trying to kill Ollie. It's not a stretch at all to say Jason half-assed those turrets (put them at a slower targeting speed). The point wasn't to fill Green Arrow with lead it was to lead him into the room where Jason was sitting. And everything happened exactly like Jason wanted it to. So dodging those turrets really isn't a quantifiable feat.

Again, Ollie wasn't dodging bullets from an actually trying Jason. When Jason fights a good guy he doesn't aim to kill, he just uses his guns to keep them on their toes and to direct them to where he wants.

Showed quick thinking and on the spot tactics by setting off the sprinklers.

Which was apparently not that hard to think of as Jason knew he was gonna do it.

Bested Todd in the sword fight.

Sure, if you really really want this, Ollie beat a morals on/holding back/half ass trying Jason who didn't utilize any of his gear which he would normally.

#27 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#28 Posted by OblivionHuntx (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

CW Ollie should be able to win against his New 52 counterpart. I'm not sure about pre flashpoint, I haven't read most of his stories, but if its Connor (like pictured), then Connor stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#29 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point im pretty sure he surpassed his CB counterpart

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf
#30 Posted by deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf (965 posts) - - Show Bio

comic oliver

#31 Posted by Subline (8375 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#32 Edited by ANTHP2000 (27665 posts) - - Show Bio

This should get locked, but given the CW Arrow vs Catwoman, Nightwing, Daredevil and mothereffing Batman threads are still open and debated actively by RBT, it won't.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#33 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

CW Ollie should be able to win against his New 52 counterpart. I'm not sure about pre flashpoint, I haven't read most of his stories, but if its Connor (like pictured), then Connor stomps.

#34 Edited by Lan_Fan (14694 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow wins.

#35 Edited by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow does not win, someone does not know what they are talking about.

#37 Edited by Omnipotent94 (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: I know this is old but is there really a cw arrow vs comic batman thread???

OT: comic GA stomps all rounds.

#38 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27665 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: lmao. Do you have a link? I would love to see who argued for arrow.

#40 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27665 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnipotent94: Unfortunetely it's too old and I can't find it. Maybe (hopefully) it was deleted?

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#41 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (2328 posts) - - Show Bio

cw one

#42 Posted by Joker567892 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Green Arrow wins all rounds.