Current TOAA vs The Presence (DC)

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dcfd39cce459
deactivated-5dcfd39cce459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Current TOAA vs The Presence (DC) (52 votes)

TOAA 31%
Presence 69%
No Caption Provided
  • TOAA after infinity ending
  • the presence has powers
  • who would win
 • 
Y3kthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etriel: that an theres the simple fact that dream states he got his powers from the presence so clearly the presence came first an the fact that Destiny states the endless came to be because of the presence so yeah the whole being formed by dreams thing is clearly not necessarily true an is the reason I suspected a fourth wall break. As for his avatar how powerful is it exactly diffinately more powerful than dream he one tapped Michael which would already put him above dream told spectre he could do the same to him. Held the multiverse. Told lucifer an Michael an Gabriel that he could unmake them easy. Pulled stranger from obvilion an told him he could easily destroy him. So regardless if the avatar was top dog or not really disnt matter to me I was manly agruing that the presence as a whole was top dog. As for his avatar can it be beaten not sure tbh

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zgtfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By zgtfreak

@etriel said:

@emperorthanos-@majinblackheart

I would rather this obvious spite, stomp thread be locked. Mods?

Mods should never get involved in multiversal battles. Both due to the nature of such threads, and the fact that the mods have no relevant knowledge in these types of debates. But yeah, Presence blinks.

DayWalker98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DayWalker98

The presence is not winning whatsoever. Did anyone read infinity ending? It was explained that above all others was just a mere aspect of the true all powerful. It was also stated God had preplanned everything anyways.

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By etriel

@daywalker98 said:

The presence is not winning whatsoever. Did anyone read infinity ending? It was explained that above all others was just a mere aspect of the true all powerful. It was also stated God had preplanned everything anyways.

Yes, I read Infinity Ending. In the ending/last few panels, Thanos absorbed AAO who was stated to be Supremo. So no, and no, none of what you said is true.

Your "scan" was before he finally defeated AAO. So no... it doesn't count.

Ramakushna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ramakushna

I'm glad vsbattles finally got it right, AAO/TOAA is only 1-A, tier-0 no more

on the other hand Presence, Overvoid, The Source are all High-1A and they are all aspect of God https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/God_(DC_Comics)

The Writer is still tier-0

so completely differently level of cosmology

Presence easily

@destinyman75 said:

Squirrel Girl makes pets of them Both

Lobo skins that Squirrel

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ramakushna: Current Lobo was overpowered by 5 tons and some tranquilizers. Nice sub-spiderman level feat.

DayWalker98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etriel: what scan are you even talking about? Everything I stated is true as it happened after he absorbed him. I have the scan 😆

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daywalker98: That's quiet intresting actually, could you post the scans? I didnt bother reading this story myself.

Ramakushna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: and squirrel girl lost to Kraven the Hunter and to a baby with spider powers.

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etriel: what scan are you even talking about? Everything I stated is true as it happened after he absorbed him. I have the scan 😆

Your scan is out of order, that scan was before the last panel when he finally absorbed AAO.

DayWalker98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etriel: again no it was not quit lying. Is there any other social media I can contact you through because I don’t know how to send it through an iPhone on this site.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramakushna: Yeah but Kraven often beats Spider-man, who can do more than lift 5 tons. Far more. Hell, that's like an Ultimate Captain America level feat.

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By etriel

@daywalker98 said:

@etriel: again no it was not quit lying. Is there any other social media I can contact you through because I don’t know how to send it through an iPhone on this site.

I know what scan you are talking about. I did not say the scan did not exist.

I am saying that you are LYING that this is after AAO was absorbed. I read the comic, it was BEFORE. Stop lying already.

Your narrative on interpreting it, is WRONG. And is a lie that Tetromino king came up with.

DayWalker98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etriel: first I called out that you were lying and then you try to spin it back on me. I am not lying you have to provide proof because I think we’re talking about different instances.

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By etriel

@daywalker98 said:

@etriel: first I called out that you were lying and then you try to spin it back on me. I am not lying you have to provide proof because I think we’re talking about different instances.

The ending of the comic is literally Thanos absorbing TOAA. Not Thanos saying it's just a fragment of TOAA after he was absorbed. You are the one lying about the order.

DayWalker98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etriel: i’m talking about when he had already absorbed the one above all and his younger self trying to stop him it was Adam warlock and others hopping through time.

Ramakushna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyway we're getting off topic here

@ramakushna: Yeah but Kraven often beats Spider-man, who can do more than lift 5 tons. Far more. Hell, that's like an Ultimate Captain America level feat.

and Lobo also has pulled down the mass of a star before

I remember someone once told me this

@ramakushna: And you likewise can't cherrypick the opinion of one writer just because you really really want it to be so. Its his opinion vs everyone elses.

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By etriel

@daywalker98 said:

@etriel: i’m talking about when he had already absorbed the one above all and his younger self trying to stop him it was Adam warlock and others hopping through time.

He did not absorb AAO if he only had a fraction of his power. He became AAO AFTER absorbing. This was still Regulator Thanos, and he did not absorb AAO fully yet.

The last page of the Comic is AAO absorbed, so how could it be before the last part of the comic? You nuts?

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By etriel

@daywalker98:

I see that we are misunderstanding.

This is what really is about. The NEXT page after your scan.

No Caption Provided

The Thanos in your scan, is merely talking about the Other Thanos who was leading him to become AAO that pushed him into an UNWANTED UNION of Omnipotence, against his choice.

The Supreme Being who led Thanos to power against his will, was the OTHER Thanos, and in context, the "Other Thanos" who controls all realities, and Thanos he separated himself from.

Scans with given context is beautiful isn't it?

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BruceRogers

@ramakushna: Different continuities, bud. The one who pulled Pulsar Stargrave was New Earth Lobo, who was a legit powerhouse. Current Lobo however? Not so much.

But fine, back on topic, Presence should win because the OP picked the Infinity Ending version of TOAA. But that's simply Starlin's opinion. Other writers believe different.

Ramakushna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ramakushna
@brucerogers said:

@ramakushna: Different continuities, bud. The one who pulled Pulsar Stargrave was New Earth Lobo, who was a legit powerhouse. Current Lobo however? Not so much.

But fine, back on topic, Presence should win because the OP picked the Infinity Ending version of TOAA. But that's simply Starlin's opinion. Other writers believe different.

dc continuity is composite now, BUD

same Lobo, BUD

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10/04/new-dc-comics-continuity-timeline-nycc/

https://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc-19-dc-continuity/

the only different Lobo is the edge-lord lobo now

also Starlin comics is Marvel canon, just because you marvel fans don't like it doesn't mean it's not Canon.

Everything Starlin has written for Marvel since the original IG saga is canon,

-"Infinity War", "Infinity Crusade", and "Infinity Abyss" are all canon

-"Marvel: The End"(2003) is canon (referenced in canon material.)

-The "Thanos" maxiseries(2003-2004) is canon (referenced in canon material.)

-The "Thanos Annual"(2014) is canon (references past canon events and paves the way for the first Infinity Trilogy.)

-The first Infinity Trilogy(2014-2016) is canon (it directly references the events of Hickman Wars, so duh.)

-The second Infinity Trilogy(2018-2019) is canon (it simply builds upon the first Trilogy, which is canon.)

and even IF the Infinity Trilogies weren't directly canon to 616, they still take place within the Marvel multiverse, and still involve TOAA... And since there is only one TOAA in Marvel(duh), ALL showings are canon for him regardless.

non-canon in Marvel simply means that the events of the story took place in a universe other than the 616. Marvel have gone to great lengths to catalog non-canon stories and designate them with a unique number.

But multiversal entities like the Living Tribunal and the One Above All are the same beings for all the universes.

TOAA IS AAO, accept it

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BruceRogers

@ramakushna: Yeah, I've seen DC's plan for yet another continuity revamp. What of it? We don't know how this affects the characters and their histories, yet. Its all speculation at this point. Lobo hasn't been impressive since 2009, sans healing.

And perhaps I wasn't clear the first time round, so I'll try again: I never said none of Starlin's stories are canon. Almost all his stories are, except The End because Brevoort considers it non-canon. It was never about canonicity. It's one writer vs everyone else. But suddenly, his word is all that matters cause confirmation bias.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5ddaa91b5f860
deactivated-5ddaa91b5f860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By etriel

@brucerogers:

I believe users I once knew a year ago, (specially Thanos fans) pointed out how Marvel's The End, was referenced in several canon stories, book guide facts, etc. contradicting Breevort. So even that, I'm not sure about what you just said.

If we are going to favor Breevort's 1 statement, over the other references... If there is confirmation bias around here... I'm not sure that between our side and your side, that our side is what could be rightfully called with a confirmation bias. Seems dubious, don't you say?

@ramakushna:

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etriel: The End's canonicity is really no skin off my back tbh. It is either canon or it is not - I am okay either way.

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone taking the stance that Starlin's recent work is explicit canon and that the Above-All-Others represents a retcon of The-One-Above-All, give me an example of another Marvel creator utilizing any of Starlin's new content since he rejoined Marvel in 2013?

I can't find a single instance... but I've seen multiple authors completely contradict elements Starlin's recent work repeatably and Starlin completely ignored numerous changes from Ewing and Cates recent work in this last trilogy.

Can anyone at least try and make a compelling argument as to why The Infinity Siblings, The Infinity Conflict and The Infinity Ending are going to be a different case, compared to this previous trend?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ddaa91b5f860
deactivated-5ddaa91b5f860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone taking the stance that Starlin's recent work is explicit canon and that the Above-All-Others represents a retcon of The-One-Above-All, give me an example of another Marvel creator utilizing any of Starlin's new content since he rejoined Marvel in 2013?

I can't find a single instance... but I've seen multiple authors completely contradict elements Starlin's recent work repeatably and Starlin completely ignored numerous changes from Ewing and Cates recent work in this last trilogy.

Can anyone at least try and make a compelling argument as to why The Infinity Siblings, The Infinity Conflict and The Infinity Ending are going to be a different case, compared to this previous trend?

Lol