Current Thor vs The Thing

• 51 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
#1 Posted by deactivated-5d07416730d08 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

616 versions , battle to death

#2 Posted by chiq (4033 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. What did they do to Thor?

#3 Posted by Cergic (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor uses an uru metal rod and beats him into orbit. Or he gets choked in a guilliotine chokehold.

#4 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still, though in a good fight. Knocking debris from the bottom of the ocean into the sun, while one of his few impressive striking feats, puts him solidly above the Thing.

Then again, if Aaron or Pak are writing it the Thing jumps in power and proceeds to manhandle Thor.

#5 Posted by morpheus_ (35141 posts) - - Show Bio

Then again, if Aaron or Pak are writing it the Thing jumps in power and proceeds to manhandle Thor.

That would only really happen if a Hulk were to be involved.

#6 Posted by Toratorn (8518 posts) - - Show Bio

"Current Thor" does not exist, his stats stayed the same and this circlejerk is annoying. Thor in a good fight.

#7 Posted by BreakOfDawn (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: True. Still, as the former's shown us even Namor can be made into an inconsistent teambuster. I can guarantee the same will happen to the Thing if Jason ever writes him.

#8 Posted by Mee09 (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing should only be able to beat a depowered Thor in a fight. Unless Thing gets some outlandish buff.

#9 Posted by Toratorn (8518 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: funnily enough, Thing has already team busted Avengers in the past, with Thor on the roster.

#10 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: Mind telling me when? In any case, even if he has he's not shown that level of strength for quite some time. Even with how Thor's being treated now, he should still be a fair way beyond Thing, that much I think we can agree on. However, I do find it funny how up until 3 years ago this was seen as a mismatch, whereas with current Thor it's a lot more debatable by the looks of it.

#11 Posted by Noone1996 (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor still wins handily. Just because Aaron is a troll and feminazi doesn't change Thor's consistent feats.

#12 Posted by Toratorn (8518 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: Fantastic Four vol.3 #27:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/BePvphPFXQKq66qXHbh1Oq0VMDxuV3mVNOJeq-XFpQOowHhvyLgnxEfT6doEyu53rgEczvQMFovq=s0

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/q_1IrOynO31qWyFQZEQs5Leo53xLLPErtiQSBvbQxl_tkfqlT9EpB5yH0zMpbMOpVacMlTPJ-x2z=s0

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/cGD_ZfsIv7GRTPzfW21jKebcfUKkwTY9sU9WOs14D_wBiRXM7J4eUwqnsbUubviQ_NjICmG0VUgt=s0

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/eJYEYXVi4VqJO6znGQV3sTSG1weMIH8WS99B6EpD0luRbX84djTcuC1Q6UjQcQ7vY_5VlPKtxtID=s0

Not saying that this is particularly good writing, but I never quite understood why Thor vs Thing is seen as mismatch. Ben has faced a lot of Thor's foes and other people who traded blows with Thor, and always performed good against them (Savage Hulk being the primary example), as well as had shown that he can hurt Thor on multiple occasions. Not only that, the two instances where Thor stomped him are not consistent with Ben's feats (and, in case of Fear Itself, not even consistent with things established during the event).

#13 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3446 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#14 Posted by Tzimiscelord (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with a pretty decent margin unless thor is infused with the aaronforce.

In which case it should still be thor, but it would be a hard fight, as stupid as it sounds.

#15 Posted by TakenStew22 (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing stomps.

#16 Posted by tensor (8696 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor easy

#17 Posted by Meibar (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing>Inmortal Hulk>Thor

#18 Posted by Kirkseven (3626 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing > IH >>>> Thor

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#19 Posted by termiteone4ever (13142 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor got this . He is worthy now :) his real hammer would chisel the thing down.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#20 Posted by darthvaderrocks (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing lol

#21 Posted by Aversionofthee (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing one-shots, current Thor is no different than his previous self, getting Mljonir back didn't boost any of his stats.

#22 Edited by TakenStew22 (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only imagine what would happen if Thor faced Thing now lol. I miss classic Thor.

#23 Edited by seastone98 (4901 posts) - - Show Bio

yooooo marvel is still really trolling like that?....say sike right now!

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#24 Posted by termiteone4ever (13142 posts) - - Show Bio

My Money on Thor

#25 Posted by ByondEon (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: His stats are not the same. He is barely mountain level now if even that. He is weaker than he has ever been. At least Unworthy Thor is still planet level in strength and durability.

#26 Posted by DarkHoudini (574 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon: He’s barely mountain level why exactly?

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#27 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (3085 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people think Mjolnir amps Thors physicals?

#28 Edited by RabumAlal (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people saying now Worthy Thor is weak still? We barely saw him in anything yet, he has a Destroyer arm and re-forged his hammer in the sun, that should count for something imo.

Thing still one-shots tho after recent FF issue.

#29 Posted by ByondEon (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkhoudini: Because he have not done anything that remotely put him above that. In fact I would put him below that since Jane gave up Mjolnir to a star..

#30 Edited by ByondEon (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: His durability to heat and pressure is impressive, but he barely was able to be in the star without burning up so I don't see how that is so impressive.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#31 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha I remember when most people though Thing was building level at best.

#32 Posted by Kirkseven (3626 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

"Current Thor" does not exist, his stats stayed the same and this circlejerk is annoying. Thor in a good fight.

Eh, same situation as rebirth Supes.

#33 Posted by Wot_m8 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor>Hulk>>>Thing>>>Everyone and Everything else>someone else>>>>>>>>>>>Bacteria>>>>Non-existent beings> AaronForce Thor.

#34 Edited by Andromeda101 (1403 posts) - - Show Bio

Even under Aaron, Thor himself admitted that could move entire moons in his latest issue. He's also Asgard's All-Father, but I'm not sure if that increased his powers or not.

#35 Posted by RabumAlal (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon: I get that this thread is months old and is referring to Unworthy (and he is pretty weak) but I got the sense that people think Thor will still suck even after relifting Mjolnir which I don’t really get.

The sun burning thing was Unworthy.

#36 Posted by Kevd4wg (14223 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont understand why people say Aaron has a low view of Thor. Barring the silliness or this latest golden version, hes consistently given Thor good feats

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#37 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18733 posts) - - Show Bio

How The Mighty Thor has fallen.

#38 Posted by Spectral__ (780 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't there some calc that Thing can kill Thor 600 times with one punch or something?

#39 Posted by ByondEon (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: He wasn't unworthy then. It's just that Mjolnir was destroyed so.. Also, Thor is weak AF now and not nearly as strong as his unworthy self. He have been fairly weak since like a year back when his solo run started.

#40 Posted by RabumAlal (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon: Being worthy doesn’t give him a power-up, that makes no sense. Obviously, wielding the actual hammer gives him the boost. By logic, he should be way more powerful now that he lifted the hammer again against Malekith. Any feat before that moment is hammerless Thor. We also don’t know at which precise point he became worthy again.

My point, Thor with hammer will be better than his Unworthy couple of years. Or not. But we just haven’t seen anything with him in it yet but I doubt they’ll have the new allfather jobbing left and right (unless Aaron stays anywhere near him, he does like making skyfathers weak)

#41 Posted by ByondEon (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: I never said being worthy make you get a power-up. He has just gotten weaker for some reason.. If you read the current run and his appearances the last year, he has no feats that would put him on his level he was during unworthy run..

#42 Posted by ByondEon (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: And I am strictly speaking physically powerful. He is not as strong or durable as he once was.

#43 Posted by TakenStew22 (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8 said:

Thor>Hulk>>>Thing>>>Everyone and Everything else>someone else>>>>>>>>>>>Bacteria>>>>Non-existent beings> AaronForce Thor.

#44 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3446 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon: Being worthy doesn’t give him a power-up, that makes no sense. Obviously, wielding the actual hammer gives him the boost. By logic, he should be way more powerful now that he lifted the hammer again against Malekith. Any feat before that moment is hammerless Thor. We also don’t know at which precise point he became worthy again.

My point, Thor with hammer will be better than his Unworthy couple of years. Or not. But we just haven’t seen anything with him in it yet but I doubt they’ll have the new allfather jobbing left and right (unless Aaron stays anywhere near him, he does like making skyfathers weak)

what they mean by he was more powerful when he was unworthy is that he was written in a more powerful way compared to how he is being written now. Logically and according to lore and logic, he is definitely stronger now, but based on feats and showings in recent comics, he is not. That's what they mean when they say this, I believe

#45 Posted by RabumAlal (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Thank you for the clarification, I was quite lost and confused but all is well now.

#46 Posted by ByondEon (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: Fairly accurate. According to lore and logic, he shouldn't bemore powerful now. But otherwise, correct.

#47 Posted by marvelfan1992 (3446 posts) - - Show Bio

@byondeon: Isn't Mjolnir a much superior weapon? I imagine he would be more powerful with a more powerful weapon (not he himself but overall as a combatant) but I don't know him and the weapons that well so i'll trust what you say

#48 Posted by Cergic (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

What issue do you have to A) read about Thing vs IH and B) Thors recent runs?

#49 Posted by ByondEon (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfan1992: He will have more abilities, but he has far less destructive capabilities and his physical attributes are less so than when unworthy..

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#50 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12277 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor couldn't handle more than a single punch from Immortal Hulk whereas the Thing lasted more than an hour against that monstrosity and ultimately pulled a double-u.. so in other words, Thor gets clobbered into death.