• 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for stevon
#1 Posted by stevon (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Silver Surfer vs. Despero 
fight is on Taa II 
no BFR or knockout, this is the surfer after becoming Galactus' herald again in Annihilation. 
who wins?
Avatar image for morpheus_
#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (30445 posts) - - Show Bio
Where is viper when you need him?
 
 
Is the fight in character?
Avatar image for biackflash
#3 Posted by BIackFlash (1937 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero is too strong. Surfer gets his attention with his speed in a slugfest, but Despero will overpower him and destroy him
 
In a Telepathic fight Surfer can hold him off a while but he only delays the inevitable
Despero still wins
 
He's just out of Surfer's league, the only way Surfer would score a win is by BFR
which ain't allowed
 
Despero owns

Avatar image for morpheus_
#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (30445 posts) - - Show Bio
Nice, now my doubts have vanished. The Surfer wins.
Avatar image for hero1
#5 Posted by Hero1 (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

Avatar image for capall
#6 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer can stay out of range and use vast range of powerful ep, if he decides to engage in physical combat or battle of tp which he wouldn't due to ca he wins otherwise the surfer can run into trouble here
Avatar image for king_saturn
#7 Posted by King Saturn (221026 posts) - - Show Bio
this is a tough fight... though it depends entirely on how the Surfer thinks to fight Despero... I mean if SS gets in close to slug it out with Despero... then the Surfer could be in trouble because of the physical advantages that Despero's has over the Surfer... but if it becomes a war of Energy Based attacks... then I believe the Surfer could take this fight in a Epic Battle...
Avatar image for thaproblem99
#8 Posted by thaproblem99 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

silver surfer wins even though despero has the advantage up close the surfer is too smart to turn this into a slugfest
Avatar image for ziro
#9 Posted by Ziro (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer.
Avatar image for red_blade
#10 Posted by Red_Blade (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero doesnt have to get in close, last I checked Surfer wasnt immune to mind rapes
Despero wins

Avatar image for vuviper
#11 Posted by vuviper (5651 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" surfer can stay out of range and use vast range of powerful ep, if he decides to engage in physical combat or battle of tp which he wouldn't due to ca he wins otherwise the surfer can run into trouble here "
Despero flies fast enough that it would be hard to continually fight and stay out of range without effectively BFR'ing himself. I'm sure Morph knows some ways will know some surfer powers that would allow him to defeat Despero, too bad I don't know as much about surfer. For know I'm leaning toward Despero because I'm sure he can take down surfer with physical attacks, a combo of physical and TK, or through TP while I'm not sure if Surfer can defeat Despero, even if he unleashed the amount of energy he used in annihilation when he created a blackhole (I know this is surfer after he was restored as a herald, but I have only read annihilation unfortunately)
Avatar image for morpheus_
#12 Posted by Morpheus_ (30445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Blade said:
" Despero doesnt have to get in close, last I checked Surfer wasnt immune to mind rapes Despero wins "
 
The astral plane is the source of his power. He's actually invulnerable there. An attack of such a nature is a way the Surfer has to win, actually.
 
@vuviper said:
" @capall said:
" surfer can stay out of range and use vast range of powerful ep, if he decides to engage in physical combat or battle of tp which he wouldn't due to ca he wins otherwise the surfer can run into trouble here "
Despero flies fast enough that it would be hard to continually fight and stay out of range without effectively BFR'ing himself. I'm sure Morph knows some ways will know some surfer powers that would allow him to defeat Despero, too bad I don't know as much about surfer. For know I'm leaning toward Despero because I'm sure he can take down surfer with physical attacks, a combo of physical and TK, or through TP while I'm not sure if Surfer can defeat Despero, even if he unleashed the amount of energy he used in annihilation when he created a blackhole (I know this is surfer after he was restored as a herald, but I have only read annihilation unfortunately) "

Seeing that the fight is to the death, there are several options the Surfer has, but I obviously agree that if it came down to close range, Despero would be victorious. Especially if the fight is in character. The Surfer would hesitate, or be completely unwilling to resort to killing him under regular circumstances.
Avatar image for son_of_magnus
#13 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

 Despero 

Avatar image for capall
#14 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Red_Blade said:
" Despero doesnt have to get in close, last I checked Surfer wasnt immune to mind rapes Despero wins "
 
The astral plane is the source of his power. He's actually invulnerable there. An attack of such a nature is a way the Surfer has to win, actually.
 
@vuviper said:
" @capall said:
" surfer can stay out of range and use vast range of powerful ep, if he decides to engage in physical combat or battle of tp which he wouldn't due to ca he wins otherwise the surfer can run into trouble here "
Despero flies fast enough that it would be hard to continually fight and stay out of range without effectively BFR'ing himself. I'm sure Morph knows some ways will know some surfer powers that would allow him to defeat Despero, too bad I don't know as much about surfer. For know I'm leaning toward Despero because I'm sure he can take down surfer with physical attacks, a combo of physical and TK, or through TP while I'm not sure if Surfer can defeat Despero, even if he unleashed the amount of energy he used in annihilation when he created a blackhole (I know this is surfer after he was restored as a herald, but I have only read annihilation unfortunately) "

Seeing that the fight is to the death, there are several options the Surfer has, but I obviously agree that if it came down to close range, Despero would be victorious. Especially if the fight is in character. The Surfer would hesitate, or be completely unwilling to resort to killing him under regular circumstances. "

surfer can always utilize his intangibility to avoid engaging in physical combat here as well
it's the funniest thing b/c i always thought despero never had true fight but rather he could leap great heights and distances 
Avatar image for morpheus_
#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (30445 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Red_Blade said:
" Despero doesnt have to get in close, last I checked Surfer wasnt immune to mind rapes Despero wins "
 
The astral plane is the source of his power. He's actually invulnerable there. An attack of such a nature is a way the Surfer has to win, actually.
 
@vuviper said:
" @capall said:
" surfer can stay out of range and use vast range of powerful ep, if he decides to engage in physical combat or battle of tp which he wouldn't due to ca he wins otherwise the surfer can run into trouble here "
Despero flies fast enough that it would be hard to continually fight and stay out of range without effectively BFR'ing himself. I'm sure Morph knows some ways will know some surfer powers that would allow him to defeat Despero, too bad I don't know as much about surfer. For know I'm leaning toward Despero because I'm sure he can take down surfer with physical attacks, a combo of physical and TK, or through TP while I'm not sure if Surfer can defeat Despero, even if he unleashed the amount of energy he used in annihilation when he created a blackhole (I know this is surfer after he was restored as a herald, but I have only read annihilation unfortunately) "

Seeing that the fight is to the death, there are several options the Surfer has, but I obviously agree that if it came down to close range, Despero would be victorious. Especially if the fight is in character. The Surfer would hesitate, or be completely unwilling to resort to killing him under regular circumstances. "
surfer can always utilize his intangibility to avoid engaging in physical combat here as wellit's the funniest thing b/c i always thought despero never had true fight but rather he could leap great heights and distances  "
If it's in character, he'll probably forget he can re-arrange his molecules to turn intangible in the first place.
 
An out of character Surfer would just turn subatomic, enter Despero's head, and blast his brain from within.
Avatar image for vuviper
#16 Posted by vuviper (5651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Red_Blade said:
" Despero doesnt have to get in close, last I checked Surfer wasnt immune to mind rapes Despero wins "
 
The astral plane is the source of his power. He's actually invulnerable there. An attack of such a nature is a way the Surfer has to win, actually.
 
I'm curious, has it ever been shown that this grants him telepathic immunity?(Despero could still cast illusions hypnotically I guess if not)
 
@capall said:
"surfer can always utilize his intangibility to avoid engaging in physical combat here as wellit's the funniest thing b/c i always thought despero never had true fight but rather he could leap great heights and distances  "

I feel like a lot of people didn't know Despero could fly for some reason.
 
@Morpheus_ said:
If it's in character, he'll probably forget he can re-arrange his molecules to turn intangible in the first place.
 
An out of character Surfer would just turn subatomic, enter Despero's head, and blast his brain from within.
"

I didn't know surfer could shrink, (Psh, we don't know if that'd kill Despero... :-P)
Avatar image for morpheus_
#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (30445 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Red_Blade said:
" Despero doesnt have to get in close, last I checked Surfer wasnt immune to mind rapes Despero wins "
 
The astral plane is the source of his power. He's actually invulnerable there. An attack of such a nature is a way the Surfer has to win, actually.
 
I'm curious, has it ever been shown that this grants him telepathic immunity?(Despero could still cast illusions hypnotically I guess if not)
 
"
He has never been mind controlled to my knowledge. He and the Defenders were cursed once, and formed the Order, but that's about it.
 
@vuviper said:
"
@Morpheus_ said:
If it's in character, he'll probably forget he can re-arrange his molecules to turn intangible in the first place.
 
An out of character Surfer would just turn subatomic, enter Despero's head, and blast his brain from within.
"
I didn't know surfer could shrink, (Psh, we don't know if that'd kill Despero... :-P) "

LOL.
Avatar image for flcl1
#18 Posted by FLCL1 (9479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ziro said:
"Surfer. "

i say sufer to but i wouldnt count out big D
Avatar image for why_so_serious
#19 Posted by why so serious (1379 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero definitely has the speed to go against surfer.  he has hit a speeding flash with relatively ease.
I think Despero wins, for the simple fact that he defeated superman, supergirl, wonderwoman, houman, and captain marvel simultaneously.

Avatar image for zaterra
#20 Posted by Zaterra (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero I believe here

Avatar image for mkf30
#21 Posted by MKF30 (11750 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'll go with Des FTW

Avatar image for porlos
#22 Posted by Porlos (996 posts) - - Show Bio

What is stopping Surfer from doing what Starro did?
 

No Caption Provided


No Caption Provided


Avatar image for vuviper
#23 Posted by vuviper (5651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Porlos: LOL yeah! why didn't I think of it surfer should just use his vast telepathic abilities strengthened by the minds of 9 galaxies to momentarily incap Despero and then take advantage of his hesitation to chop of despero's head with his axe....
Avatar image for manx422
#24 Posted by manx422 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero

Avatar image for xi__felix
#25 Posted by Xi Felix (802 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Porlos: LOL yeah! why didn't I think of it surfer should just use his vast telepathic abilities strengthened by the minds of 9 galaxies to momentarily incap Despero and then take advantage of his hesitation to chop of despero's head with his axe.... "

This.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#26 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero is stronger, but Beta Ray Bill is not weak too. SS already outmuscled BRB, so he should be able to keep up with Despero, and when he realize how powerfull is his opponent he shouldn't hold back and use his most powerfull abilities to kill Despero.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#27 Posted by termiteone4ever (11218 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
" Despero is stronger, but Beta Ray Bill is not weak too. SS already outmuscled BRB, so he should be able to keep up with Despero, and when he realize how powerfull is his opponent he shouldn't hold back and use his most powerfull abilities to kill Despero. "
I dont think so on this one
Avatar image for magnasushi
#28 Edited by magnasushi (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero really doesn't stand a chance here. The Silver Surfer can augment his strength to unknown levels, exceeding even the Hulk. There are no limits to his strength, except what is defined by the Power Cosmic and  Marvel's writers. He is also immune to psionics/telepathy. And should he manage to anger the Silver Surfer, he's history. The Surfer doesn't mess around. He would find Despero more an annoyance than a threat.

Avatar image for kinasin_
#29 Posted by Kinasin_ (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@manx422 said:

Despero
Avatar image for jeanroygrant
#30 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer.

Avatar image for blackadamftw
#31 Posted by blackadamFTW (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero should win.

Avatar image for bo88gdan
#32 Posted by Bo88gdan (5407 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer 

Avatar image for thesurfer
#33 Posted by TheSurfer (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Close fight, but I'll take the Surfer for reasons already stated.

Avatar image for blackadamftw
#34 Posted by blackadamFTW (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnasushi said:

Despero really doesn't stand a chance here. The Silver Surfer can augment his strength to unknown levels, exceeding even the Hulk. There are no limits to his strength, except what is defined by the Power Cosmic and Marvel's writers. He is also immune to psionics/telepathy. And should he manage to anger the Silver Surfer, he's history. The Surfer doesn't mess around. He would find Despero more an annoyance than a threat.

Despero's strength is greater than Superman's, Wonder Woman's, Martian Manhunter's, GL's, and so on. Silver Surfer is outclassed in strength, here. Despero has way too many ways to win here. He's been able to take the JSA and JLA, and that include's Alan Scott who is about Surfer level, plus Superman, two Flash's, WW, MM, GL, etc....

I don't see how Despero "really doesn't stand a chance".

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
#35 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

despero wins, effortless curbstomp

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#36 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7603 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer by a hair.

Avatar image for blackadamftw
#37 Posted by blackadamFTW (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

despero wins, effortless curbstomp

That's a lie...Despero can't win here.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Silver Surfer by a hair.

This.

Can't? Please explain why he can't win this.

Avatar image for bringnit
#38 Posted by BringnIt (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

Nice, now my doubts have vanished. The Surfer wins.

Did you yell ”BURN!!!” as you typed this?

Avatar image for stonerthps
#39 Posted by stonerthps (723 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:  
 
Silver Surfer.  
 
@Morpheus I just wanted you back in this thread.
Avatar image for xiix
#40 Posted by XiiX (13584 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero.

Avatar image for dondave
#41 Posted by dondave (41509 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#42 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (7914 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
#43 Posted by henryarguelles5 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer stomps. He doesn't even have to be in the same solar system to hurt Despero.

Avatar image for cortadew
#45 Posted by cortadew (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver surfer

Avatar image for thanofleeze
#46 Posted by Thanofleeze (4388 posts) - - Show Bio

Norrin probably!

Avatar image for thanofleeze
#47 Edited by Thanofleeze (4388 posts) - - Show Bio

How about now?

Avatar image for highaccuser
#48 Posted by highaccuser (28595 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero one-hit KO.

Avatar image for wolverine008
#49 Posted by Wolverine008 (50948 posts) - - Show Bio

Norrin.

Avatar image for night4345
#50 Posted by Night4345 (8450 posts) - - Show Bio