Cull Obsidian vs Spider-Man (MCU)

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Conditions

• Prime versions
  • Standard gear
  • In-verse knowledge
  • Takes place in area pictured
cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull. Spidey ain't got the stamina, or power, to dent him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic said:

Cull. Spidey ain't got the stamina, or power, to dent him.

This at the base of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man: stronger, faster more versatility. Culls only advantage is the better weaponry honestly.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 takenstew22  Moderator

Cull stomps.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ubercoffeetime: Cull has the striking power to put Spider-man down, the same can not be said for his opponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: What is the basis for your comment?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 death4bunnies  Moderator

Spiderman wins this....

This is one of the most annoying things about the vine.....characters get held at the level people want them at, unless they prove overwhelmingly they are above that.

People called this a outlier^^ that there was no way that was legit.

Then the directors are like...Have Spidey overpower him again.

No Caption Provided

Spiderman stops Cull from punching forward again ^^^.

But nope still a outlier for our friendly neighborhood Spiderman.

--------

Spiderman is so much faster and more agile than Cull its silly....there is no comparison.

-------------

The OP says takes place here.....so damage output doesn't seem to be a issue.

Spiderman can pull chunks of stone that large out of the ground... He puts Cull down pretty quick.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull stomps.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A determined Spider-Man keeping his distance can win by pelting him with large debris. Cull in theory should never touch him. It just may be a long battle due to Cull’s durability.

If he’s bs’ing (talking and making quips) and trying to H2H Cull for some dumb reason, he’ll get grabbed and probably two or three shotted (especially if he’s using that hammer).

g23455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull got outsmarted in infinity war and didn’t seem as powered he would spider man is way more faster considering that he will dance around him

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Hajduk

I still don’t think Peter is meant to be even close to Iron Man’s power tier. The reason he caught that strike from Cull is because Cull didn’t see him. Cull had a target in mind for his hammer, he was swinging in such a way to generate power once he contacted his target, then suddenly his hammer was stopped early. So that’s just not a full power strike, Cull was in the middle of his arc when Spider-Man appeared and stopped him. It’s still a great feat for Spider-Man, but not an indication that he and Cull were equals. The feat is that Spider-Man could stop a brick, in certain positions and contexts.

I’m pretty sure Spider-Man hit Cull with everything he had including slamming a car on his head, and he wasn’t able to budge the brick. So this is a pretty hopeless situation for Pete, vs an alien warrior who won’t quit, won’t get tired, won’t hesitate for a second.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey can make it a fight due to his agility and senses etc while his whole body can indeed match a strike from Cull he cant fully go toe to toe with him and has no output capable of putting Cull down to end the fight.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@xzone said:

Cull has the striking power to put Spider-man down, the same can not be said for his opponent

Avatar image for deactivated-5fcab2f88a72f
deactivated-5fcab2f88a72f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull stomps

GodGate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey wins via electric webbing which would put this beast down.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anthp2000  Moderator

@eri123 said:

Cull stomps.

Literally.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get that Spider-Man matched Cull twice but at the same time Cap matched Spidey. Even if we take this as Russo-force outlier, Cull still was at least as strong as Iron Man based on their fight. Iron Man was able to overpower Thanos' one-hand on Titan. Thanos overpowered Spidey's strength with his two fingers.

Cull wins.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 death4bunnies  Moderator

@nn5:

No Caption Provided

I think Spiderman is more versatile than just a strength debate tho, like hes quite a bit faster and more agile, and he has his webs here.

Webbing them up is a very common Spiderman trope and I dont think the web incap can be entirely dismissed here.

Spidermans webbing is very strong demonstrated on screen and Tony Stark said "its tensile strength is off the charts"

--------

The factor that I think is most important and gives Spiderman the majority here is the fact that his webbing stacks.

We know that 1 web < 2 webs < 3 webs ands so on....this is logical and it was explicitly shown on screen.

Cull may be able to get out of 1 or 2 ....but I think hes overwhelmed with webbing fairly easily by the fast agile spider.

------------

I think a web incap is good for a few wins at least.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A determined Spider-Man keeping his distance can win by pelting him with large debris. Cull in theory should never touch him. It just may be a long battle due to Cull’s durability.

If he’s bs’ing (talking and making quips) and trying to H2H Cull for some dumb reason, he’ll get grabbed and probably two or three shotted (especially if he’s using that hammer).

I really really like this one.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull that Giant Man stepped on and Spider-Man fought gets webbed into oblivion

Cull that ripped apart the Hulkbuster and took Mjolnir to the face demolishes him

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: If we don't analyse Spidey vs Cull encounters (which I consider outliers for reasons stated above), just all of their others feats/scalings), these feats for webbing aren't enough to overcome Cull's strength (as Cull was at least equal to Iron Man who, scaling off Thanos, is only slightly weaker than Thor - and we know what feats Thor have).

Spider-Man's post-FFH spider-sense can be kind of a problem for Cull though.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@death4bunnies: the cull feat is still a outlier. Cull was able to over power Hulkbuster someone massively stronger than Spider-Man

I don’t see Spider-Man pulling off the leviathan punch or overpowering thanos arm or clashing fist with hulk creating a shockwave.

He’ll let’s not forget Spider-Man struggled with things far weaker than things around Hulkbuster lvl ie bell tower, some building ruble, struggles with jet bridge, can’t support ship, ext

Avatar image for deactivated-5e42f22c2d729
deactivated-5e42f22c2d729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

No Caption Provided

I think Spiderman is more versatile than just a strength debate tho, like hes quite a bit faster and more agile, and he has his webs here.

Webbing them up is a very common Spiderman trope and I dont think the web incap can be entirely dismissed here.

Spidermans webbing is very strong demonstrated on screen and Tony Stark said "its tensile strength is off the charts"

--------

The factor that I think is most important and gives Spiderman the majority here is the fact that his webbing stacks.

We know that 1 web < 2 webs < 3 webs ands so on....this is logical and it was explicitly shown on screen.

Cull may be able to get out of 1 or 2 ....but I think hes overwhelmed with webbing fairly easily by the fast agile spider.

------------

I think a web incap is good for a few wins at least.

Are you seriously claiming MCU Spider-Man > IW Iron Man?

CAV this, I don’t see how this is even debatable man.

Iron Man is around Hulk, Kurse and Superman tier, his versatility and experience is much, much above Spider-Man and yet he was kinda struggling with this guy, who is slighty behind Hulk and Kurse level, (around Phase 1 Hulk and Abom)

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 death4bunnies  Moderator

@datwayhsjs:

No I dont think Spiderman >> Ironman, and I dont think ever I said that.

I think Spiderman may be a better counter for Cull than Stark, but I still rate Stark over Cull.

------

Id CAV Spiderman vs Cull if you wanted tho.

--------

What do you think about the strength of webs and how thy stack??

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 death4bunnies  Moderator

@iichaosii:

Naw man...you’ve been though like 3 Alts today that have messaged me and I think your detective.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: It is an outlier, if you think Cull is Hulk level. Based off him struggling against Cap and getting pinned under rubble, I'd say he maxes out at 100 tons

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies: It is an outlier, if you think Cull is Hulk level. Based off him struggling against Cap and getting pinned under rubble, I'd say he maxes out at 100 tons

I dont think Cull is hulk level for starters...but

Just seems like everything good spiderman does is considered a outlier....man cant have good feats I guess.

No Caption Provided

Can you show me a single feat of Culls that suggests he can rep this?

--------------------

Can I get you to mark all the Spiderman feats you think are outliers with a -0-

-------------

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@subline said:
@xzone said:

Cull has the striking power to put Spider-man down, the same can not be said for his opponent

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Cull overpowered and was beating the Hulkbuster

None of those are outliers (assuming Cull isn’t hulk level)

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@death4bunnies: cull is hulk lvl or just below hulk lvl.

Spider-Man losses to cull lmao . The feat is a outlier even based on the feats your showing. Spider-Man struggles to lift a bell tower while tony was able to stop half of a ship from falling. That’s 1,000 tons btw. Let’s add to the fact cull was able to stop a punch from Hulkbuster who clashed fist with hulk ( something I don’t see Spider-Man doing)

Face it dude it’s pis. Cull should clap Spider-Man

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@kryptonianking88: let’s not also forget Spider-Man got knocked out by a train.

I guess a train>>>cull then.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@death4bunnies said:
@kryptonianking88 said:

I dont think Cull is hulk level for starters...but

Just seems like everything good spiderman does is considered a outlier....man cant have good feats I guess.

No Caption Provided

Can you show me a single feat of Culls that suggests he can rep this?

--------------------

Can I get you to mark all the Spiderman feats you think are outliers with a -0-

-------------

I can tell you which ones are outliers.

anything with him doing anything impressive with thanos or cull everything else is fine.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 death4bunnies  Moderator

Wasnt knocked out, and yes id say a Cull doesnt hit as hard as a bullet train...unless you have a feat fro cull thats over a bullet train??

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
@kryptonianking88 said:

Cool, I dont think Cull is Hulk level.

(Banners Hulkbuster was << AOU Hulkbuster....and AOU Hulkbuster wouldnt of lasted seconds against Hulk without repairs.)

-----

Its just crazy to me that superman can match cull in 2 separate movies and its sill not thought of as legit...Like the directors knew we were surprised by Spidey doing it in IW, then had him do it again in EG...what more do they have to do.)

----

Also the Russos have said they think Spiderman is almost as strong as Hulk.(they were talking comics, but the Russos legit see spidey that way)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hulkbuster lost to about 8 outriders and the claws were shredding into the armor. Cull was KO'ed by a BP energy punch and killed by being dragged across the barrier at high speeds and a mid sized explosion. Peter also overpowered Cull's car throw and threw it back at him at faster speed for consistent of being at least comparable physically.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@death4bunnies said:
@dmnb2wavy said:

Wasnt knocked out, and yes id say a Cull doesnt hit as hard as a bullet train...unless you have a feat fro cull thats over a bullet train??

Lol he was knocked out.

https://youtu.be/7R9gbSQenqg You telling me him fainting is him not getting knocked out?

As for cull he stopped Hulkbuster punch

https://youtu.be/vdMiDaPjvCM

who scale to hulk, who one shot a leviathan, so yes he hits harder than a bullet train. Cull overpowered Hulkbuster again something Spider-Man is not doing.

so if Spider-Man gets knocked out by a bullet train it’s obvious why its pis. Not only that he struggled to stop a bell tower from falling which weighs far less than half of a ship.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@ubercoffeetime said:
@kryptonianking88 said:

The Hulkbuster lost to about 8 outriders and the claws were shredding into the armor. Cull was KO'ed by a BP energy punch and killed by being dragged across the barrier at high speeds and a mid sized explosion. Peter also overpowered Cull's car throw and threw it back at him at faster speed for consistent of being at least comparable physically.

8 outriders is a low showing or just feats for them considering Hulkbuster was able to over power thanos arm showing that his durability and strength is not that low.

it’s a unquantifiable energy punch from bp so what exactly is your point? Bp has no other energy feats that can make it a low showing. Plus we have no idea if he was koed or not actually. Remember in a deleted scene bp energy punch was meant to kill a leviathan but like I said it’s a deleted scene.

he got killed by wankanda tech and a Hulkbuster arm. Spider-Man does not consistently scale to cull he got knocked out by a train and struggled with a bell tower.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies said:
@dmnb2wavy said:

Lol he was knocked out.

https://youtu.be/7R9gbSQenqg You telling me him fainting is him not getting knocked out?\

Im saying he stuck to the side of the train and made his way inside=not knocked out...he was hurt tho.

As for cull he stopped Hulkbuster punch

https://youtu.be/vdMiDaPjvCM

who scale to hulk, who one shot a leviathan, so yes he hits harder than a bullet train. Cull overpowered Hulkbuster again something Spider-Man is not doing.

so if Spider-Man gets knocked out by a bullet train it’s obvious why its pis. Not only that he struggled to stop a bell tower from falling which weighs far less than half of a ship.

LOL so you scale Cull based on one outlier showing of fighting the hulkbuster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy:

8 outriders is a low showing or just feats for them considering Hulkbuster was able to over power thanos arm showing that his durability is not that low.

The HB overpowered almost dead Thanos' arm while he was simultaneously being stretched apart by Carol and Rhodes all at the same time. This isn't remotely comparably to actually overpowering a healthy Thanos' arm or even a proper strength feat.

also it’s a unquantifiable energy punch from bp so what exactly is your point?

its clearly not Hulk level, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

he got killed by wankanda tech and a Hulkbuster arm. Spider-Man does not consistently scale to cull he got knocked out by a train

Cull's hammer smacks are not train level, they barely engraved Iron Man into the dirt.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: he fainted once he got on the train that still counts as a knock out for me.

outlier? Cull scale to iron man and Hulkbuster two characters above Spider-Man.

cull does not even have that many showings to begin with any way.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@ubercoffeetime said:

@dmnb2wavy:

8 outriders is a low showing or just feats for them considering Hulkbuster was able to over power thanos arm showing that his durability is not that low.

“The HB overpowered almost dead Thanos' arm while he was simultaneously being stretched apart by Carol and Rhodes all at the same time.”

thanos was still able to over power carol Even in his weakened state And Hulkbuster easily stopped that. The fact thanos was able to over power carol easily is big Considering carol feat of stopping a Large ship.

“This isn't remotely comparably to actually overpowering a healthy Thanos' arm or even a proper strength feat.“

No it’s definitely a feat just not something that makes him thanos lvl or anything.

also it’s a unquantifiable energy punch from bp so what exactly is your point?

“its clearly not Hulk level, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.”

no it’s again unquantifiable. You can’t claim it’s a anti feat without him failing to hurt things below hulk lvl. It’s just a feat for bp not the other way around.

he got killed by wankanda tech and a Hulkbuster arm. Spider-Man does not consistently scale to cull he got knocked out by a train

“Cull's hammer smacks are not train level, they barely engraved Iron Man into the dirt.”

yes yes they are. He overpowered Hulkbuster who is hulk lvl himself. Hulk >>> trains didn’t think I have to state this much

If y’all really want to low ball Thor got knocked out by tasers, hulk got hurt by lasers, thanos could not over power Star lord taser> by this logic would this not all be below hulk lvl as you put it?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@ubercoffeetime: @dmnb2wavy:

timestamp 6:05

Russo- "Is almost as strong as the Hulk......Spiderman"

Loading Video...

He is talking about the comics, but is clear the Russos, the guys who made the movie....rate Spiderman as near Hulk level.

------------

If you have to try to remove the other characters clear feats to win, then your fighting a uphill battle.

The Russos made the movie not me, they are the ones who display Spiderman this way.....And this is some clear word of god intent.

-------

So you've got Word of God saying they think comic Spiderman is near Hulk level, and a clear showing of Spiderman matching a Hulk level opponent on screen in 2 separate movies.(I dont think Cull is hulk level by the way)....and better standalone non scaling feats.

The only thing you've really got going for you is you think Spiderman should be of a lower tier.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@death4bunnies said:

@ubercoffeetime: @dmnb2wavy:

timestamp 6:05

“Russo- "Is almost as strong as the Hulk......Spiderman"”

almost as strong as hulk yet struggles to lift a bell tower while hulk can one shot something that swims through skyscrapers? Lol okay you can’t take everything a author says seriously.

Loading Video...

“He is talking about the comics, but is clear the Russos, the guys who made the movie....rate Spiderman as near Hulk level.“

movie or comics Spider-Man is no where close to hulk lvl.

------------

“If you have to try to remove the other characters clear feats to win, then your fighting a uphill battle.“

No no I’m not. We can go over Spider-Man feats.

> struggles to stop a bell tower from falling

> struggles to lift jet bridge

> struggles to lift some building ruble

this is no where close to hulk lvl. If he is struggling with these feats I don’t see why should I take any feat of him doing good against high tiers seriously

“The Russos made the movie not me, they are the ones who display Spiderman this way.....And this is some clear word of god intent.“

no it’s in movie evidence and consistency> word of god in this case

-------

“We've seen Spiderman match Cull in 2 separate movies...“

We also seen him struggle to stop a bell tower ( something iron man would easily lift bc he stopped 1,000 tons before)

“/.and thats just the strength debate.

Spiderman is faster and more versatile.”

gets one shot if we don’t apply outliers