Cthulhu vs Superman

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Rookie
caption
caption
Beep beep
Beep beep
can Cthulhu beat superman?

Cthulhu has 2 months prep.
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By never give up

Cthulhu

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By never give up

So is this a spite thread.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
Cthulhu wins here
The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Rookie
never give up said:
"So is this a spite thread."
is that a question?

King Saturn said:
"Cthulhu wins here
"
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By never give up
King Saturn said:
"Cthulhu wins here
"
Do you think this is a spite thread?
Mind_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Mind_Games

Cthulhu with no prep at all wins here to

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By never give up
Mind_Games said:
"

Cthulhu with no prep at all wins here to

"
Do you think this is a spite thread?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
never give up said:
"King Saturn said:
"Cthulhu wins here
"
Do you think this is a spite thread?"
It sure seems like it
Mind_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mind_Games

Agreed

The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Rookie

lol its not >_> your going pretty hard NGU.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By never give up

Okay everybody lets downgrade all of these spite threads every time he makes one.

Mind_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mind_Games

Lets use Heros that are barely used on here.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By never give up
Mind_Games said:
"

"
Like breach.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
Mind_Games said:
"

"
I have been doing that for months... but many of them get no replies...
The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Rookie
King Saturn said:
"Mind_Games said:
"

"
I have been doing that for months... but many of them get no replies..."

same here
Mind_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mind_Games
King Saturn said:
"Mind_Games said:
"

"
True but they are always more interesting to like the new one you made very awesome
The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The Rookie
The Rookie said:
"King Saturn said:
"Mind_Games said:
"

"

same here"
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Braise

Prime Superman from DC 1,000,000 is pretty hardcore, creating planets and what not. I don't see how Cthulhu could stand up to that. Then again, I don't know much about Cthulhu. What are his feats?

The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The Rookie

gonna have to ask dreadnaught about those.

Ball Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Ball Buster
King Saturn said:
"Cthulhu wins here
"
The Elder One wins.
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By never give up
Ball Buster said:
"King Saturn said:
"Cthulhu wins here
"
The Elder One wins."
What?
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vrakmul
Braise said:
"Prime Superman from DC 1,000,000 is pretty hardcore, creating planets and what not. I don't see how Cthulhu could stand up to that. Then again, I don't know much about Cthulhu. What are his feats?"
Older than the universe by a long shot.  Mastery of all magic, able to reform self from any injury, laughs at nukes.  Blowing up planets inconveniences him.   Able to summon azathoth, who is so powerful moving him fries planets. 
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vrakmul

Cthulhu grabs superman, brings him to his home dimension, and superman's brain fries.

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Braise
Dreadnaught said:
"Braise said:
"Prime Superman from DC 1,000,000 is pretty hardcore, creating planets and what not. I don't see how Cthulhu could stand up to that. Then again, I don't know much about Cthulhu. What are his feats?"
Older than the universe by a long shot.  Mastery of all magic, able to reform self from any injury, laughs at nukes.  Blowing up planets inconveniences him.   Able to summon azathoth, who is so powerful moving him fries planets. "
Chulhu is public domain. There are countless incarnations of the character. Which Cthulhu is this?
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Scourge

Cthulhu MEGA CURBSTOMP

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Braise

Yeah, Cthulhu's pretty much taking this. He's basically a god of some sort, a being with infinite knowledge of the universe, yatta yatta.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@braise said:

Yeah, Cthulhu's pretty much taking this. He's basically a god of some sort, a being with infinite knowledge of the universe, yatta yatta.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Wyldsong

Superman throws a steamboat at Cthulhu's head and sends him back to the bottom of the ocean.

Read Call of Cthulhu, steamboats are his kryptonite=)

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Anal_Vomit

Stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cthullu is weak. He got KO'D by a steamboat in his only CANON appearance. Superman beats him with ease.

DoK13X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I've seen so far is "EHRMAGERD!!!! HERP-DERP!!! CURBSTOMPZ0RZ!!11!!1!!11" in favor of one or the other instead of even the tiniest attempt at an intellectual answer. And yes, I do realize that this thread was started almost 5 years ago.

Cthullu is weak. He got KO'D by a steamboat in his only CANON appearance. Superman beats him with ease.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say he got KO'd by a steam boat. Precisely what it says is: "The awful squid-head with writhing feelers came nearly up to the bowsprit of the sturdy yacht, but Johansen drove on relentlessly. There was a bursting as of an exploding bladder, a slushy nastiness as of a cloven sunfish, a stench as of a thousand opened graves, and a sound that the chronicler would not put on paper. For an instant the ship was befouled by an acrid and blinding green cloud, and then there was only a venomous seething astern; where—God in heaven!—the scattered plasticity of that nameless sky-spawn was nebulously recombining in its hateful original form,..."

Yes, the steamboat splattered his head, so Cthulhu's durability is quite low. He's squishy. Relative to Superman's strength the force of a steamboat hitting something is all but non-existent. However, there is a vast difference between the area of a steamboat, and the area of Superman's fist over which the force of the blow is applied. Superman would have trouble beating Cthulhu by punching him for the simple fact that his fist would puncture him TOO easily. If Superman punched Cthulhu, he wouldn't send it flying half way around the planet, Cthulhu would remain in place and Superman would have nasty, otherworldly fish guts up to his arm pit... and probably splattered all over him. Judging by the described smell, if Superman were unprepared, we'd probably witness some super-vomit.

@braise said:

This isn't a very good statement either. Cthulhu isn't a being with infinite knowledge. Admittedly, he most likely possesses a greater knowledge than the sum of the entire human race, but it is far from infinite. Nor is Cthulhu a god. He is described as being something like a priest of the Elder Gods, though Cthulhu himself would easily be on par with the majority of the "gods" of the DC universe such as Hera, Hades, etc.. (Wonder Woman related DC god info is really all I've got in my knowledge of the DC universe.).

@vrakmul said:
Braise said:
Older than the universe by a long shot. Mastery of all magic, able to reform self from any injury, laughs at nukes. Blowing up planets inconveniences him. Able to summon azathoth, who is so powerful moving him fries planets.

Where are you getting these things about Cthulhu? Older than the universe? No. Cthulhu was one of the Great Old Ones. Although I can't find anything on their creation/evolution they were imprisoned about 300 million years ago. I'd say that they existed for a billion or so years before their imprisonment at best.

Mastery of all magic? Just kinda throwin' things out there aren't ya? You've got to be careful using words like "all". Cthulhu is however a master of the type of magic that the Great Old Ones possessed. It was primordial, chaotic, and extremely potent. Most likely being the root of the chaos magic that the likes of Dr. Fate fights against. The Great Old Ones could easily be perceived as an older iteration of the Lords of Chaos. The Lords of Chaos themselves filling the void the Great Old Ones left behind when they were sealed away. Though I would dare say that the Great Old Ones were stronger, as they were the originals... and Cthulhu was the strongest among them.

Able to reform self from any injury? Sounds legit, though the speed at which Cthulhu is capable of healing is never discussed, nor is he seen receiving any kind of injury aside from a purely physical one.

Laughs at nukes? So does Superman. Admittedly, in atmosphere, a single nuke can take a huge toll on Supes. In space though, with no atmosphere to diffuse the solar radiation, Superman has been shown to take the force of several nukes to the face with little injury.

Blowing up planets inconveniences him? *shrugs* I'm pretty sure Superman can do this too. I mean, he could just fly through a planet a few thousand times in the space of a couple seconds then overheat the core to the point of nuclear combustion. Cthulhu would just use magic.

One does not simply summon Azathoth. As the most powerful of the Great Old Ones, Cthulhu might hold enough sway that Azathoth would take notice if he were called, but by no means would he be required to answer or even acknowledge Cthulhu's existence. The Outer Gods are above and beyond what we are capable of comprehending. Azathoth, Yog-Sothoth, and others posses power that would allow them to simply think Prime Superman dead and he would be.

@vrakmul said:

Cthulhu grabs superman, brings him to his home dimension, and superman's brain fries.

Haha... You know what's really scary about this statement? Cthulhu's home dimension is ours.

So, in the end I would have to say that Cthulhu would beat Superman for two main reasons.

#1 Magic. Superman has been shown time and time again to have a particular weakness against magic, and Cthulhu could easily be seen as being on par with the Lords of Chaos when it comes to that subject. Even without using it against Superman directly, what's to stop him from just magic-ing up some Kryptonite?

#2 Incomprehensible Madness: He would drive Superman utterly insane. Yes, Superman has an amazing mental fortitude and he's had mental defenses put in place by people like the Martian Manhunter and Dr. Fate. But we're talking about Cthulhu here. People can go bat-shit bonkers just from looking at him with out any effort on his part. (Ex. "Briden looked back and went mad, laughing shrilly as he kept on laughing at intervals till death found him one night in the cabin whilst Johansen was wandering deliriously.") If Cthulhu were to actively invade Superman's mind he would be doing so in a manner that J'onn would never have even thought possible, and use magic more powerful and alien than Dr.Fate has ever witnessed. Even with Superman's own mental fortitude, it would only buy him a few seconds at best after touching Cthulhu's alien psyche.

I don't know too much about Prime Superman though. But from what I've gathered his powers have transcended his few limitations and weaknesses. At that point he very well could have the power to keep Cthulhu out of his mind, and overpower the magic of the Great Old Ones. Azathoth would still pop him like a zit though, or Yog-Sothoth could make him never exist in the first place, but this is about Superman and Cthulhu, the Outer Gods have no place here.

P.S. Waaaaaaaaaay back at the Original Post. Why 2 months prep? I seriously don't understand the point of this as Cthulhu is never depicted as a being that requires planning time to do anything. That would make sense if this were a Batman vs Superman thing.... and we all know that Batman would win if given 2 months prep time against virtually anyone.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Didn't Cthulu's only official appearance by Lovecraft have him KO'd by a steamboat?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Titan_Lord
Avatar image for officialrikudousennin
OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magic>SuperMan

T0NY_STARK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cthulu from South park?

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@vrakmul said:
Braise said:
Older than the universe by a long shot. Mastery of all magic, able to reform self from any injury, laughs at nukes. Blowing up planets inconveniences him. Able to summon azathoth, who is so powerful moving him fries planets.

Literally none of those things are true

literally none

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Cthulu's only official appearance by Lovecraft have him KO'd by a steamboat?

Yes, but for some reason people presume him a multiversal powerhouse

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@comicstooge said:

No.

That is no were near true, though he is universal but no way multiversal.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@comicstooge said:

No.

Cthulhu has had zero feats to put him on continent level

strictly speaking, The Thing has better feats than Cthulhu

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@comicstooge said:

No.

We his mythos is a verse about strait up action you know and people need to learn this that Lovecraft create the Cthulhu Mythos to be a dark and fascinating horror mythos with unimaginable monster-like gods who see our universe as an atom.

This is why I personally don't think the original versions of H.P. Lovecraft's characters shouldn't be used in the battle forums (Though the other version are fine) because much like DBZ threads they course flame wars and people just arguing with each other.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@jwwprod said:

@comicstooge said:

No.

We his mythos is a verse about strait up action you know and people need to learn this that Lovecraft create the Cthulhu Mythos to be a dark and fascinating horror mythos with unimaginable monster-like gods who see our universe as an atom.

people like Azathoth, sure.

but Cthulhu was beaten by humans, Lovecraft wrote him getting punched out by a steamboat.

@jwwprod said:

This is why I personally don't think the original versions of H.P. Lovecraft's characters shouldn't be used in the battle forums (Though the other version are fine) because much like DBZ threads they course flame wars and people just arguing with each other.

Again, Lovecraft has written powerful characters

Cthulhu is not one of them

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The chaos wizard god squid alien thing.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Who the hell is Elephant Octopus Gandalf?

DoK13X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I addressed this issue in my post. I put effort into that thing damn it! Everybody just seems to be ignoring it though...

@vrakmul said:
Braise said:

Literally none of those things are true

literally none

You are correct. However; Why is nobody reading my post? Why won't the internet give me someone to argue with?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers