CP's Battle Of The Week: MCU Thor vs DCEU Superman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll CP's Battle Of The Week: MCU Thor vs DCEU Superman (381 votes)

Thor 46%
Superman 49%
Not Sure 6%

Note: If you haven't seen IW yet leave what are you doing here as there will definetely be spoilers got it alright then let's start.

Thor vs Superman
Thor vs Superman

Shoutout to k4tzm4n, Sirfizzwhiz and Jashro44 and many others for inspiring me to make my own BOTW.

Battle Of The Week:

In celebration of Avengers: Infinity War's premiere in Theatre's alongside the battle forums exploding with it what best way to add "fuel to the fire" than make a BOTW involving what is believed to be the most heated, debated and Intense battle that has popped up since the movies release Thor against Superman.

Thor got a buff Like a really REALLY Big Buff so for this match we are going to settle this once and for all, This BOTW we are putting two cinematic universes arguably most powerful characters to offer in an brutal battle to the end.

From the Marvel Cinematic Universe we have Thor the G-D Of Thunder, Son Of Odin and King of Asgard against Superman The symbol of peace, Last Son of Krypton an all powerful alien.

G-D VS G-D, Who shall prevail in this EPIC Battle and will the forums survive?

Thor Synopsis:

G-D OF THUNDER
G-D OF THUNDER

Thor Odinson is the son of, well, Odin. Born a prince and raised as a warrior, Thor was almost crowned king of Asgard. However, on is coronation day Frost Giants attempted to steal the Casket of Ancient Winters. Enraged by this Thor went to and attacked the Frost Giants, accidentally starting a war. Odin stripped him of his powers and sent him to Earth until he was worthy enough to wield his hammer again. Eventually learning about helping others, he regained his worthiness and helped save the world on a few occasions as an Avenger and by himself

Superman Synopsis:

SON OF KRYPON
SON OF KRYPON

Born Kal-El of Krypton, Superman was the first natural birth on Krypton in hundreds of years. Sent to Earth by his father Jor-El, Superman would grow up in Kansas raised by Martha and Johnathon Kent. Given powers by the Earth's yellow sun and atmosphere, Clark Kent grew up afraid what others would think of his powers. Eventually he found a Kryptonian scout ship and accidental allowed General Zod to come to Earth. On his first day as Superman, Kal had to fight a Kryptonian invasion that cost the lives of thousands. Afterwords, he worked as a force of good in order to protect others from environmental disasters and criminal activity

Rules of the battle:

• Both fighters are in character.
  • Random Encounter, No Prep time, No Prior Knowledge.
  • All gear and equipment is standard, Thor Odinson has his new weapon Stormbreaker
  • These combatants are fighting in an generic city (Let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by the ocean), 100 feet apart from eachother and are visible towards eachother.
  • Wins are by Incapitation, BFR (Battle-Field Removal, Basically knocking someone so far the fight cannot continue) or Death of all counts as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss as well "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future, Note: Going to a different location in the environment to catch a breathe or two or for a tactical advantage doesn't count as a tactical retreat.
  • Please do treat everyone within the debate with respect, It also shows signs of a good debater and If you think someone is saying something that isn't true then go ahead and stick out facts to point out why as there is no need for insults or rudeness just because you disagree with someone else's opinion. As of course this is talking about a fictional fight and all so no need for immaturity.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last until Sunday afternoon, 23:00 UK time, or in EST is 18:00. and remember Votes don't determine who wins just who the majority sides with.

With all this said lets begin.

• 
Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@zepta_pon: you can't just ignore the blast cause it seemed unimpressive to you tho, Supermans heat vision doesn't seem to be anymore impressive than that blast but it's as hot as the surface of the sun, visuals aren't everything

6 IG >>> HV. Even I accepts this based on years of MCU hype.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By LeonardSnart

@zepta_pon: my point was Supermans heat vision doesn't look like it's as hot as the suns surface but it is, visuals aren't everything

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zepta_pon: my point was Supermans heat vision doesn't look like it's as hot as the suns surface but it is, visuals aren't everything

No Caption Provided

This makes much much more sense and it looks much much more epic.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: what healing factor? thor doesn't have a healing factor. I'm pretty sure that was a one time thing. honestly the only argument that could be made for thor was stormbreaker going through the blast. you could argue thor's strength all you want, but he got mercilessly pmmeled by thanos at the beginning, worse than hulk. His endurance? yeah he did the star thing, but he didn't tank anything, it killed him. that' not tanking. again, with that same endurance, he got his ass beat by thanos. superman has strength and speed advantage. the only thing he did was shoot through the beam. wanda managed to backhand and cause thanos grieve with 5 of the 6 stones. it's just made to make cool scenes. I beleie thor right now is the strongest avenger, but what 's happening on these boards is ridiculous. he's not beating supes or thanos people.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By LeonardSnart

@zepta_pon: that was Doomsdays nuke vision, Supermans heat vision when he initially blasted doomsday looked nothing like that

You're not getting the point tho, visuals aren't everything

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zepta_pon: that was Doomsdays nuke vision, Supermans heat vision when he initially blasted doomsday looked nothing like that

You're not getting the point tho, visuals aren't everything

After all these years of hype the supposedly 6 most powerful artifacts in the MCU can't even produce an energy blast that can do something or anything. It's literally featless.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By LeonardSnart

@zepta_pon: it didn't do anything because of stormbreaker, ryt after that we see the scope of the gauntlets powers by erasing half the life in a galaxy or universe

You're starting to come off as a person who just doesn't want to accept the truth...

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zepta_pon: it didn't do anything because of stormbreaker, ryt after that we see the scope ofthe gauntlets powers by erasing half the life in a galaxy or universe

You're starting to come off as a person who just doesn't want to accept the truth...

They scale SB with a featless unbelievably underwhelming blast.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: what healing factor? thor doesn't have a healing factor. I'm pretty sure that was a one time thing. honestly the only argument that could be made for thor was stormbreaker going through the blast. you could argue thor's strength all you want, but he got mercilessly pmmeled by thanos at the beginning, worse than hulk. His endurance? yeah he did the star thing, but he didn't tank anything, it killed him. that' not tanking. again, with that same endurance, he got his ass beat by thanos. superman has strength and speed advantage. the only thing he did was shoot through the beam. wanda managed to backhand and cause thanos grieve with 5 of the 6 stones. it's just made to make cool scenes. I beleie thor right now is the strongest avenger, but what 's happening on these boards is ridiculous. he's not beating supes or thanos people.

Thor has had his own healing factor since Ragnarok. And yes, Stormbreaker healed him fully from almost dead and there is zero indication it's a one time thing. The star feat DIDN'T kill him, it did put him near dead, but it did not kill him any more than the nuke killed Superman. He actually took it better than Superman took the nuke, at least Thor was still alive and didn't look like a zombie. We don't see the Thanos vs Thor fight, for all we know it could have been just Thanos or it could have been Thanos and his Black Order people, regardless this is the same Thanos that beat Hulk, in seconds, so bad that Hulk was afraid to even come back out for the rest of the movie. That would not be a low showing by any stretch of the imagination. Wanda didn't cause Thanos anything by a backhand. Wanda used her powers on Thanos and Thanos walked right through it.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By LeonardSnart

@zepta_pon: I'm bored, the blast coming from the infinity gauntlet should be enough and I've alredy stated 5000 times visuals aren't everything, I guess Supermans small ass eye beams you posted in that picture aren't as hot as the Sun's surface because "they look underwhelming"

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: no he didn't he struggled against her blast. and it was flat out stated that thor was dying after the blast. he was held back by random pieces of metal at the beginning of the film. if his strength is on par with supes, he should have easily beaten these people then.

Planet_Xpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: ... you could argue thor's strength all you want, but he got mercilessly pmmeled by thanos at the beginning, worse than hulk...

We didn't see that, so no idea how the fight went exactly. We just saw the aftermath. Plus Thanos had the power stone, and his black order. Also, this off screen fight took place pretty much immediately after Thor took on Hela, so he wasn't exactly at his best.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor. nuff said, I think the best arguments has been made. thor lightning was ragdolling infinity gauntlet thanos , so thor surely gets a shot and it would stun superman giving thor the chance to kill him.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Planet_Xpress: the point being is that after he lost, he was put in place by those random pieces of metal. it was implied at that point, hulk was the biggest gun. thor didn't use lightning once without the hammer. But my main point is that he got hurt by thanos there, who doesn't match the damage output of supes. the neutron star thing was cool, but in a fight, he doesn't have near that durability.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By xzone

@jameswayne: a one time thing? Oh please. No healing factor? Dude, you are blind. Hela stabbed Thor multiple times and he regenned... And Thor getting pummeled by Thanos? First off you gotta remember... Thor literally fights hela like eh 1-2 hours before he fights thanos so his endurance is amazing. Secondly, thanos had the power gem (which blew up a ship if u did not notice) and even without it he beat hulk easily. And Thor was up against thanos and his followers (2 of which were fairly strong) so saying Thor losing to them is bad for him is simply not true

1. Thor had just fought hella so really no rest for him

2. 4-5 v 1

3. Power gem

Planet_Xpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Planet_Xpress: the point being is that after he lost, he was put in place by those random pieces of metal. it was implied at that point, hulk was the biggest gun. thor didn't use lightning once without the hammer. But my main point is that he got hurt by thanos there, who doesn't match the damage output of supes. the neutron star thing was cool, but in a fight, he doesn't have near that durability.

Right, but my point is that happened after Thor took on Hela, the black order, and a power stone powered Thanos. And we didn't see the fight, so how do we know he didn't use lightning? And how do we know Thanos isn't capable of supes level damage? Why would Thor's durability be less in a fight than it was during the forge scene?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Planet_Xpress: Thor's endurance is quite incredible tbh. We see him in Thor ragnarok see his dad die, fights hela, fights hulk. (Rests a day after getting beat up) Gets off sakaar, fights hela again. Barely gets off Asgard then right after he's found by thanos. He fights thanos with the gem and the black order. Gets the power stone almost shoved through his brain. Then floats in space incapacitated..he's then found by the guardians. After that he takes the heat of a neutron star, and finally takes on a full IG thanos.. All of this happens in probably less than a week (more likely a few days) This is incredible endurance which shows Thor could fight for days on end without rest

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: everything you said is also an assumption. How do you know how much time past or if Thor was not fully rested? Of course he can’t heal instantly from death. They made a point to show it was the hammer. Next movie that won’t happen. Getting stabbed is nothing. Thanos was cut by nebula. And based off how fine the cabal and Thanos looked, besting Thor was easy. Hulk was supposed to be the big gun at that point, end film it was obviously Thor. Thor was held in place by a Thanos lackey using metal. Not once did he use lightning during that scene or after. And hulk fought a power stone Thanos.

Again I’m not saying Thor isn’t the most powerful avenger right now I’m saying none of his candidates must feats put him at Superman level. Feel free to disagree, but if you claim I am assuming things, so are you.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#219  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

MCU Quicksilver is not even close to the same speed as DCEU Superman. Wonder Woman percieves the world similar to QS if we compare the way they percieve bullets, and Superman is able to blitz her before she can react , and react to Flash, who sees Wonder Woman almost as a statue. Superman is at least a dozen times faster than MCU QS. He can fly from the Arctic to Africa in seconds and catch up to a running Flash.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameswayne: It's a very calculated assumption, we see the end of ragnarok thanos ship pulls up in front of Loki and Thor talking.. and unless thanos just sat there for a few days I am correct

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman easily

Planet_Xpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Planet_Xpress

@xzone: Not once did he use lightning during that scene or after.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make with the lightning. Are you trying to suggest he was unable to summon it?

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Thor tag him? Genuine question. Thor outclasses Superman in every way except speed, but that's the ultimate factor here.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By JamesWayne

@Planet_Xpress: yeah exactly. I’m thinking that Russo’s ignored ragniraks whole the power is in you theme. Thor appeared quite weak at the start of the film. At the end he was the biggest bad ass, and clearly got a power up but I also think the Russo’s reneged on everything that came before

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By JamesWayne

@xzone: yeah but you’re assuming that Thor and the rest were in space only a few hours before that.

Thor admitted to losing to Thanos to rocket. He got beat handily. That’s why he went on the hero’s quest after. Loki’s we got a hulk comment was meant to imply at that time hulk was the mightiest avenger. Thor

Goes on his quest and becomes the mightiest avenger. But IMO still can’t beat Superman. I hate the dc films, vastly prefer marvels but I still think the dc power levels are higher. At least supes. Thor wrecks wind room an.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameswayne: The Russo brother were not ignoring it, but he was nearly dead at that point

Planet_Xpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Planet_Xpress: yeah exactly. I’m thnot bling the Russo’s ignored ragniraks whole the power is in you theme. Thor appeared quite weak at the start of the film. At the end he was the biggest bad ass, and clearly got a power up but I also think the Russo’s reneged on everything that came before

IDK, that's a leap. We didn't see the actual fight, just the aftermath. And the interior of the ship was completely trashed. There's no reason to believe he didn't use lightning in the fight. Or that they just negated a major plot point of the film that immediately preceded IW by removing the ability altogether.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jameswayne: Did I fall asleep and miss the ending in ragnarok where hulk beat Thor? Or? Hulk was only the last resort Loki called on because he had not been seen yet. Thor saying he lost to thanos.. So what!? He did! He tried to take on thanos with the power gem and his whole team lmao. Superman would probably lose in that situation as well. Thor has been the strongest avenger since ragnarok (possibly AOU)

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: he wasn’t nearly dead at that point. He was just chained up. He was struggling just fine against the restraints. The only time lightning appears is after the hammer is forged.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman easily.

I love seeing mods tear apart the stupid and whack ass Thor arguments. It's a great read.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By JamesWayne

@xzone: in ragnirak I think so too. But at the beginning of iw he wasn’t. The we have a hulk was a call back to avengers one. You are assuming Thor took on Thanos and the whole team at once. Thor simply stated he lost to Thanos. The iw Thor at the start of the film was not the ragnirak Thor. Literally not an ounce of lightning until he held the hammer.

Again, he couldn’t even break out of a few metal bands. By the end he was again. But the Russo’s has him go on a different quest than ragnirak and for the Most part ignored ragnirak developments

Planet_Xpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: in ragnirak I think so too. But at the beginning of iw he wasn’t. The we have a hulk was a call back to avengers one. You are assuming Thor took on Thanos and the whole team at once. Thor simply stated he lost to Thanos. The iw Thor at the start of the film was not the ragnirak Thor. Literally not an ounce of lightning until he held the hammer.

Again, he couldn’t even break out of a few metal bands. By the end he was again. But the Russo’s has him go on a different quest than ragnirak and for the Most part ignored ragnirak developments

The fight was already over by the time the movie started. Thor was on the ground at Thanos' feet when we first saw him. Still not seeing any evidence to suggest he didn't have lightning. The only thing we know is that he lost to a power stone powered Thanos with backup.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By xzone

@worldofthunder: Guess you disagree with most the vine :p Question: How does Superman overcome Thor's instant healing?

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: His healing isn't instant. In both of the times we saw him get damaged he remained damaged for a good amount of time before he healed, and how is it instantaneous when he healed off-screen both times? Clark is more than fast enough to overcome Thor's slow healing factor.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder: Why would you say the healing is slow? Thor is badly injured and next scene we see he has teleported to wakanda fully healed

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Lunacyde  Moderator

@xzone: Since when does Thor have instant healing? He sure didn't heal instantly after getting stomped by Thanos.

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

THOR

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Read my post please...Thor only has instant healing due to SB. He is almost dead from the neutron star. Next scene he's fully healed with SB in hand. The dwarf even says, "he needs the axe!" It is heavily implied that the axe has incredible healing abilities

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman easily.

I love seeing mods tear apart the stupid and whack ass Thor arguments. It's a great read.

LMFAO look at the Poll Results

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, random question, anyone else just waiting for the captain marvel and Thor vs WW and Superman threads? ;)

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Planet_Xpress: but he was fully conscious and struggling, yet no lightning. Also you have no idea if Thanos needed that backup. Most likely they were just there seeing as how casually Thanos was over Thor. Nothing suggests Thor took on Thanos and everyone else.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman stomps. Thor wank is even worse now than after AOU

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Lunacyde  Moderator

@hatsoffmelo: You know poll results are a popularity contest and in no way indicative of the validity of an argument correct?

That is a fallacy, argumentum ad populum.

Szeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not entirely sure,but I'd favor Thor for a slight majority (due to his lack of speed,however he'd stomp if eaualize speed)

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@hatsoffmelo: You know poll results are a popularity contest and in no way indicative of the validity of an argument correct?

That is a fallacy, argumentum ad populum.

thank you. Im so wanting to cav this guy in post jl superman vs post infinity war thor. Not sure if its allowed though yet.?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Did you see my reply? About SBs healing abilities?

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatsoffmelo: Hahahahahahaha, once again the mods shut down the stupidity Thor supporters in this thread are spouting. It's amazing to read through ;)

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers