Shoutout to k4tzm4n, Sirfizzwhiz and Jashro44 and many others for inspiring me to make my own BOTW.
Battle Of The Week:
In celebration of Avengers: Infinity War's premiere in Theatre's alongside the battle forums exploding with it what best way to add "fuel to the fire" than make a BOTW involving what is believed to be the most heated, debated and Intense battle that has popped up since the movies release Thor against Superman.
Thor got a buff Like a really REALLY Big Buff so for this match we are going to settle this once and for all, This BOTW we are putting two cinematic universes arguably most powerful characters to offer in an brutal battle to the end.
From the Marvel Cinematic Universe we have Thor the G-D Of Thunder, Son Of Odin and King of Asgard against Superman The symbol of peace, Last Son of Krypton an all powerful alien.
G-D VS G-D, Who shall prevail in this EPIC Battle and will the forums survive?
Thor Odinson is the son of, well, Odin. Born a prince and raised as a warrior, Thor was almost crowned king of Asgard. However, on is coronation day Frost Giants attempted to steal the Casket of Ancient Winters. Enraged by this Thor went to and attacked the Frost Giants, accidentally starting a war. Odin stripped him of his powers and sent him to Earth until he was worthy enough to wield his hammer again. Eventually learning about helping others, he regained his worthiness and helped save the world on a few occasions as an Avenger and by himself
Born Kal-El of Krypton, Superman was the first natural birth on Krypton in hundreds of years. Sent to Earth by his father Jor-El, Superman would grow up in Kansas raised by Martha and Johnathon Kent. Given powers by the Earth's yellow sun and atmosphere, Clark Kent grew up afraid what others would think of his powers. Eventually he found a Kryptonian scout ship and accidental allowed General Zod to come to Earth. On his first day as Superman, Kal had to fight a Kryptonian invasion that cost the lives of thousands. Afterwords, he worked as a force of good in order to protect others from environmental disasters and criminal activity
Rules of the battle:
- Both fighters are in character.
- Random Encounter, No Prep time, No Prior Knowledge.
- All gear and equipment is standard, Thor Odinson has his new weapon Stormbreaker
- These combatants are fighting in an generic city (Let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by the ocean), 100 feet apart from eachother and are visible towards eachother.
- Wins are by Incapitation, BFR (Battle-Field Removal, Basically knocking someone so far the fight cannot continue) or Death of all counts as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss as well "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future, Note: Going to a different location in the environment to catch a breathe or two or for a tactical advantage doesn't count as a tactical retreat.
- Please do treat everyone within the debate with respect, It also shows signs of a good debater and If you think someone is saying something that isn't true then go ahead and stick out facts to point out why as there is no need for insults or rudeness just because you disagree with someone else's opinion. As of course this is talking about a fictional fight and all so no need for immaturity.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
- Votes last until Sunday afternoon, 23:00 UK time, or in EST is 18:00. and remember Votes don't determine who wins just who the majority sides with.
With all this said lets begin.