Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Chronicplane

Battle Of The Week: Batman vs Captain America

A match up that's been done to death but screw it let's give this another shot, This will be a battle between Comic's most Iconic and well known characters to ever exist. The man in the left corner "The Dark Knight", Batman and the man in the right corner "The Sentinel Of Liberty", Captain America, Which of these two comic-book legends would triumph?

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Both fighters are in character.
  • Random Encounter, No Prep time, No Prior Knowledge.
  • Bruce Wayne is Post Crisis, Steve Rogers is regular version (No Hydra Cap)
  • These combatants are fighting in an generic city, 100 feet apart from eachother and visible.
  • Wins are by Incapitation, BFR (Battle-Field Removal, Basically knocking someone so far the fight cannot continue) or Death of all counts as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss as well "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future, Note: Going to a different location in the environment to catch a breathe or two or for a tactical advantage doesn't count as a tactical retreat.
  • Please do treat everyone within the debate with respect, It also shows signs of a good debater and If you think someone is saying something that isn't true then go ahead and stick out facts to point out why as there is no need for insults or rudeness just because you disagree with someone else's opinion. As of course this is talking about a fictional fight and all so no need for immaturity.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last until Sunday afternoon, 20:00 UK time, or in EST is 15:00. and remember Votes don't determine who wins just who the majority sides with.
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Batman, ever so slightly.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A stalemate.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheWatcherKing
Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@brucerogers: based on what is it a stalemate? Batman has gadgets that could literally oneshot Cap such as his explosives(in character, he uses them on street levelers), tranq dart that oneshot Artemis etc. What skill feats does he have to not be completely outmatched at skill?

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@chronicplane:Hey you probably mean well but could please take the "battle of the week" There is already a official BOTW this week and this specific battle has also been done by the BOTW. So it will cause some confusion(rather it already has).

Also technically this a duplicate thread which breaks the rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterskywalker: Batman wasn’t using gadgets, something quite OOC for him. What does that second panel prove? It is conceivable that Cap can take a win, of course it is....Also, consistent feats>>>>>>fights - most of the time.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could go either way honestly, depending on the day.

Batman is not only a master hand to hand combatant, but he has a variety of weapons and distracting/detecting equipment which will aid greatly in this (or any fight). It's unfortunately exactly which weapons he'll have in his belt aren't mentioned. I think it can be assumed he'll have his bullet resistant body armor, cape and cowl, infra red optics in his mask, grappling hook and line, (at least) six batarangs, a dozen or so gas pellets both "sleep" and "tear gas", tranquilizer darts (probably from a blow gun in his cape or boots), "stun gun" style weapon on the knuckles of his gloves, explosive gel and detonator, thermite capsules, first aid kit, and "bat call" in the heel of his boot. Any additions or thoughts of what to replace or take away I'm obviously open to. He also has eidetic memory, tremendous tactical thinking ability, and combat knowledge of human anatomy.

Captain America is the pinnacle of human evolution in every way. He is stronger, faster, more agile, and thinks quicker than almost any person on earth. This also means he learns faster. While he may not have the knowledge of the same amount of fighting techniques as Batman he doesn't necessarily need to. He's mastered every system he's been taught and combined them into his own personalized fighting system which allows him to adapt to the fighting style of whoever he faces very quickly. His enhanced physiology processes natural poisons, and synthetic toxins very rapidly, and helps him resist pain far greater than even the strongest normal man. Besides his tremendous strength advantage, and to a lesser degree speed advantage, his new uniform is also armored and bullet resistant. Add to this his shield, which for all intents and purposes is not only indestructible, but also absorbs all forms of kinetic energy (someone might want to double check if I'm right about that one though I'm pretty sure I'm right...it IS just kinetic energy, correct?) He is trained and experienced in its use to the degree that it almost a natural extension of himself, able to use it offensively and defensively to devastating effect. He is also a master tactician and strategist.

In short.

We have possible the worlds top human hand to hand combatant with an array of very effective weapons fighting an enemy who has a tremendously greater physical advantage, with some (who much is some guess work) to some of his weapons, and a tremendous weapon (in his opponent's hands anyway) of his own.

Who thinks quicker and more tactically is certainly going to be up for debate.

How much stronger and faster(though I'd imagine we'll get some debate over whether Cap is faster at all will come up).

I say this is a 50/50 fight, whoever has the greater advantage or the better luck on the given day. I can't wait for the different answers.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@causeimbatman: I think Cap is skilled enough and has the superior physicals to make this a stalemate. Imo.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: What does he have to counter the gadgets I listed? There’s also his cable line, which has 15 ton breaking strain. Unless Cap is a 15 toner, it should be able to restrain him for Bruce to do whatever he wants.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wasn't this done recently?

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chronicplane

@emperorthanos: You mean me taking over?, I'm aware this match up has been done to death and I thought anyone could do BOTW's

If it does cause confusion I could put my name in front of the title to separate it from others. (Also the other one made was screwed up with the poles because users make alts and spam on the polls)

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@causeimbatman: Cap can just dodge them for starters?. Just like a lot of gadgets, this one also comes under the category of if Bruce wants to use them and gets to use them.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@chronicplane said:

@emperorthanos: You mean me taking over?, I'm aware this match up has been done to death and I thought anyone could do BOTW's

If it does cause confusion I could put my name in front of the title to separate it from others.

No just change the title. And also no not anyone can do BOTWs. Its just a specific segment run by mods, HOFs and veterans.

and if you could do that it would be great. Just to avoid confusion

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Yeah though the polls where completely screwed up and it spiraled out of control with so many alts and spamming in the polls, And I did say so in the op It's just based on recent events and personal interest that I wanted to redo this BOTW match up seeing as this match is known to be one of the most debated in comic history.

Your current thoughts?

@emperorthanos Yeah I edited the title is that ok and I did ask @jashro44 about this one my first one and he said it was allowed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap comfortably. He is faster, stronger, more durable and just as skilled. This was not close and still isn't.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@chronicplane:

@emperorthanos Yeah I edited the title is that ok and I did ask @jashro44 about this one my first one and he said it was allowed.

Lol you should have said that in the first place. If Jash is ok with it then it's fine. I just taught it might cause some confusion especially since there is another BOTW going on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: Not working. Batman’s explosives are pretty AoE. Tranq dart could be used in a feint, basically what he did agianst Artemis. The 15 ton breaking strain grapnel gun launches to wrap around whoever immediately, it should be effective in CQC.

He’ll use them. Grapnel gun and tranq dart were used on physically imposing opponents, and you’ve said Cap is superior in physicals. Batman uses explosives all the time

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@causeimbatman: On phone and a bit tired now so I will try to put up a detailed response later.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Inb4 Batman wins with ease and is on a completely different level compared to Steve.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KrleAvenger

Anyway, it can go either way. One of the closest match-ups out there. If I had to pick a winner, I would go with Steve.

Old_Blighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins with ease and is on a completely different level compared to Steve.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: “It's unfortunately exactly which weapons he'll have in his belt aren't mentioned”

Batman has over 100 gadgets in that belt, no one is specifying the list. We just go with standard gear

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is the clear winner here.

This isn't purely a physical fight.... Bruce's gear gives him a massive advantage that Steve simply can't overcome, even with his physical superiority.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By XLR87T3

Cap comfortably. He is faster, stronger, more durable and just as skilled. This was not close and still isn't.

Batman has fought and defeated guys like Cap, for example Slade

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: “It's unfortunately exactly which weapons he'll have in his belt aren't mentioned”

Batman has over 100 gadgets in that belt, no one is specifying the list. We just go with standard gear

How could he possibly fit 100 gadgets in that belt, plus what is standard gear?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: Slade overpowered, and sometimes even ragdolled Batman. Mostly all their fights end in a stalemate or Slade getting the best of him. I'm not sure what instance you are referring to, but it is far from being consistent. For the record, Cap got the best of Iron Fist, who is actually superior to Batman (not that it is consistent for Cap to do something like that, I'm just saying).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: I don’t know. My best guess would be a pocket dimension lol. Standard gear is gear they have normally.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Chronicplane

@xlr87t3: Trying to not get involved but I'm nearly Certain Deathstroke is superior to Batman and probably comfortably isn't he like the greatest tactician on the planet, processes Nth metal and kevla armor and arguably greater skill plus a healing factor.

Trying to not de-rail the topic but on the Vine I always thought it was made pretty clear Slade is a solid tier above Bruce maybe two consistently.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6e225c194f8
deactivated-5a6e225c194f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

umm no, Slade practically ragdolls Bruce each time they fight lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: “but on the Vine I always thought it was made pretty clear Slade is a solid tier above Bruce maybe two consistently.”

He is. On the vine. He’s overrated, honestly his impressive feats aren’t all that good.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#37 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@xlr87t3 said:
@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

He's also lost to Slade, though.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is like Bane without a key weakness...so he wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins the battle of attrition.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By brucerogers

@causeimbatman: Though I just want to add one thing. Cap has also pretty much replicated Batman's physical feats. Like messing up the bullet and grenade proof Nuke with his bare hands, one shotting the class 10 thunderball or going toe to toe with Master Man during his WW2 days. Master Man is a Nazi super soldier who has thrown down with Namor.

As for speed and nimbleness, I think Cap is definitely superior. I will get into more depth like I said earlier but he has more bullet timing feats to fall back on. For starters.

Skill wise I think you are selling Cap short here. His training is not really extrapolated on as much as Batman's but he is good enough to throw down with the likes of Black Panther and Shang Chi. Plus if history has thought us anything, Batman does struggle or outright lose to characters he has s massive skill advantage against, but a stat disadvantage. Like Bane or Deathstroke.

Not saying Cap wins only due to that of course but just pointing out that superior skill isnt sole deciding factor in a battle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renny: humbly disagree. I mean people don’t say he stomps people like Wolvie but he’s still overrated imo

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@causeimbatman:

I mean people don’t say he stomps people like Wolvie but he’s still overrated imo

Actually, some said even that. They were even comparing him with Spider-man. Although he is not as overrated as Lady Shiva.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: I don’t know. My best guess would be a pocket dimension lol. Standard gear is gear they have normally.

lol okay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: Grenades aren’t as good as bazookas tho. How durable is thunderball? What did he do to Master Man? If he hurt him it’s obvious PIS, since Namor tier is way above Cap.

Batman has curbstomped 15+ multi toners who have mastered every martial art, stelamated effing Karate Kid. I don’t want to get into Deathstroke business but Bane is different. He has a “ reach advantage” with his massive size and Batman has beaten him before. Skill doesn’t play as well against someone as big as Bane

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By darthjhawk  Moderator

Instead of this I would rather see Nightwing and/or Red Hood vs Winter Soldier.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: LMAO, I guess they were thinking of “teh hurt Starfire” BS.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap edges out imo.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@causeimbatman: Some even used his Flash tagging feats as legit showing.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By brucerogers

@causeimbatman: Nuke literally no sold a concussive grenade to his face. So Cap messing him up is not a shabby feat. Thunderball is a wrecking crew member and he does have the durability to match his strength. He isnt a glass cannon, if thats what you are asking.

Master Man isnt Namor level but he has thrown down with him. He is supposed to be a class 50 iirc. So Cap beating him is plausible.

What's the context behind the karate kid feat?

Bane may have his reach advantages but Cap is still more skilled and faster with his shield. All I am saying is different opponents are bringing in their own advantages to the table.