Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@killerwasp: @dottiestmoon

Oh, and if you have a phone, try to read my post insead with it. It will be much easier to understand and read.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aldah_kte:

That's what a said when I also looked that the post.

Aldah_kte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 favors the Predator, but the Elite didn't earn his title for nothing. Seeing as how the Covenant itself has active camouflage, he should know how to spot it. Not to mention he has recharging shields that'll protect him from most any instant kill that'd work on anyone else.

Round 2 goes to the Elite. Predator has no shields, and if he takes a few hits or is stuck with a plasma grenade, he's done for. If we're accepting in-game feats, then the Elite is strong enough to flip a tank, so physical strength would go to him in a close-quarters fight.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13:

"What? This is confusing to me because if you look up photos of Elites, they don't seem to be wearing anything that looks like chain mail. Plus that paragraph seems to only be talking about another caste of Elites called guards and only wear the chain mail on their necks. If it isn't completely bulletproof, I'm sure that Yautja combat weaponry could pierce through the 'chain mail'. Besides, there's a spot below the Elite's mandibles that doesn't appear to be armored with anything that the Yautja could strike commonly and possibly kill the Elites."<-- First you doubted that they even had "chain mail" i provided proof of it, second it doesn't matter all elites carry it regardless of the in game feats. Seriously have u seen the covenant's elites change over the series of the games? lol Anyway as i said wiki has already been proven wrong before and again chain mail was one of them as i provided feats from different books and sources to prove so. The elite that got shot was a normal elite which implies all elites carry it. I never claimed it was bullet proof heck some of the preds stuff isn't bullet proof either does that mean that it = instant death? No, elites are bullet proof to a point depending on the rank. Anyway furthermore i doubt this will go hand to hand due to the simple fact he never gave the elites a melee weapon.

Ok, the Elite could have their chain mail, but still. I did describe a weak spot under their mandibles (pink fleshy area) that once the Yautja have temporarily disabled the Elite's shielding, he can stab right there and do some serious damage. Because if he stabs right there, it's very likely to pierce into the Elite's brain, thus jack him up or kill him. Yautja often like to stab prey who have chins with their wrist blades. And please give me one example of Yautja equipment that isn't bulletproof?

Yautja armor even at lowest tier and rank is still bulletproof:

Well I do have several scans of Yautja disarming people which if a Yautja does manage to disarm the Elite by firing plasma blast, shuriken, or physically remove the Elite's somehow, the Elite might then resort mostly to close combat with fists and they both go into what Yautja on hunts like to call an honorable battle. Even if you say it won't go into a h2h battle the Yautja can as well finish off the Elite mainly with his shoulder cannon:

No Caption Provided

That's right. The shoulder cannon as I has said before has the fire power to blow apart a decent sized spacecraft, an Apache helicopter, melt through multiple layers of industrial metal, and vaporize 2 soldiers with beam mode.

It would also be nice of you to tell me what can effectively kill Elites or what can kill fully equiped Elites? I do also remember a cutscene in Halo Wars where a UNSC captain faces off against an Elite Arbiter and the Captain pulls out a knife and stabs the Arbiter in the mandibles, causing the Arbiter to let go and back away from the Captain. This is close to the spot I was talking about where the Yautja could stab the Elite.

"Normal Drones, which are the 2nd weakest caste of Xenomorph, still have the strength to rip apart a man at the waste. Noticed how I included Xenomorph Warriors? Xenomorph Warriors are a superior form to Xenomorph Drones in strength, durability, speed, and slightly more intelligent. The questions would be if a normal Brute with no weapons and equipment could easily hold its own against an Xenomorph Warrior? While depending on which rank of Yautja, they can easily kill Xenomorph hordes in seconds or can only kill a few Xenomorphs easily. And another question is do you think MC and Brutes could lift over 8-10 ton LOCKED futuristic maximum security gates, tear the limb off a soldier wearing reversed-engineered Yautja armor with near casual ease while after being injected with bio-specific toxin, effortlessly win a wrestling contest with a raging bison bull who weigh approx. a ton and ragdoll the bison, and tear off with almost casual ease the heads of combat androids who are made with futuristic metal alloys designed for warfare by the Weyland-Yutani corps? I mean, does that really not click a single feeling of Yautja prowess to you?"<-- Normal brute? Yes i would it'd prolly lose its hands due to the acid, but if it had prior knowledge yes, i'd say it'd win fairly easily. Seriously did u not read what i quoted for them? Unless i didn't quote which i can't remember, nvm i just checked and i didn't heres a quote from a standard brute/ brutes.

"The Creature Cortana had called a "Brute" stepped from the shadows and faced John. It was taller than an Elite--wider and more muscular. Its mouth was lined with razor-sharp teeth, and its red eyes burned with hate. Its blue-gray skin was riddled with bullet holes.

The Brute tackled John, knocked his weapon from his grasp. Even with his MJOLNIR armor, John was not as strong as the alien.

It pounded on him with bare fists---broke through his shield-ing, grabbed his neck, and squeezed. Red flashes played across John's vision. He began to black out."

-Halo: First Strike

Heres the rest of the page finishing the fight... it knocked the weapon out of Mc's hands and above that it already had taken a lot of bullets to the belly and such.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/GaryouTensei/Spartan%20Respect%20Thread/First%20Strike/page313.png

I'd throw up the pick, but honestly it wont do it i can also quote it if you'd like i have the book right beside me so up to you. Anyway thats just one case and this was MC no push over, which spartan IIs are already not push overs anyway. Also with MC it doesn't matter the brute was lifting and choking him mc is 995 pounds... He was holding him with ease.... There strong

Fred turned as the other blinked and charged him. He blasted it point-blank between the eyes.

The Brute bowled him over, and its fists came down in twin hammer blows that stunned Fred and drained his shields to a quarter charge.

Blood streamed from its snarling face . . . and then it finally registered the rounds that had penetrated its thick skull. It top-pled upon Fred, inert.

-Halo: Ghosts of Onyx

This brute tanks head shot and keeps pounding away.

"This was Fred's opening.

He sprinted to the base, and ducked around the corner of a warehouse--nearly bumped into a Brute running toward his position.

It towered over him, covered in thick slabs of muscle and dull blue rhinolike hide.

Fred fired without thinking, a full-auto burst, dead center of mass.

The Brute rushed him, unfazed.

Fred stepped into the beast's charge, striking at its thick neck with the butt of his rifle. It connected.

The brute reeled back and roared. Fred unloaded the remaining rounds in his magazine into the Brute's mouth.

The Brute snarled a mouthful of shattered, smoldering teeth and took two steps toward Fred . . .and fell.

-Halo: Ghosts of Onyx

Brute again knowing where its target is at without any signs it has an excellent nose and stuff. Although with their gear its gives them a better overall stat on hidden prey, also note it doesn't even phase when he gets shot in the chest at all...

I'm not disagreeing that Brutes are weak at all. Though the thing that makes me think the Xenomorph warrior would win against a Brute is the durability of Xenomorph Warriors and tails that give them a great reach advantage. I also feel like saying that Xenos have an agility and reflex advantage. They'll just shred the Brute to pieces before the Brute can even react to their attacks.

Yes Brutes are stronger than Xeno warriors, but Xeno exoskeletons are durable enough to withstand small arm bullets and were stated that only heavy armor piercing weapons are required to shatter through Xeno Warrior exoskeletons:

It takes heavy armour-piercing military-grade weaponry to kill one and even then its not easy. We have the reports from Colonial Marines’ encounters with them. A Chinese farmer with a pitchfork, an Australian bird hunter with a shotgun, they’ll be wasting their time trying to stop a full-grown alien with either of those weapons.”

-Aliens: Earth Hive pg. 248-249

Xenomorphs of any caste could easily shred futuristic metals with their claws and tails, even through the armor of Colonial marines as shown in the movies, comics, novels and games. Hell, Brutes may have similar strength to Yautja as well. If an Xeno warrior can't defeat a Brute in h2h, then it may take a Hive warrior or Praetorian to match the strength of a Brute. But that's for another debate.

One problem with Brutes though is they are more like brawlers in h2h combat and they are proned to go berserk and rely on brute force mostly hence the name Brutes.

A. Beginner ranked Yautja bare-fisted kills Xenomorphs by tearing their heads off:

"It is true," said the short adjutant, whose name was Lar'nix'va. "These

are rank beginners and have never fought Hard Meat before. It is not fitting

that a few feints be made by the Blooded-especially when the Blooded is said

to have fought the Hard Meat bare-fisted."

"And torn off its head!"spat Nat'ka'pu proudly. "Very well. But mark my

methods, for I will leave the final killing to you, my students."

That said, the Leader turned and walked jauntily. He'd weaken the thing so

that his charges could dispatch it easily.

B. Novice Yautja fighting off horde of Xenomorphs:

“Gkyaun howled the war cry and jumped. He landed amid the

hissing drones and moved among them like the setg-in, deadly and

quick. So easy!He spun and slashed, burned and cut at the same

time. Two bugs fell with one slice of his spear.

A drone from behind lost its head; he gutted yet another.

He was Paya, the conquering warrior! Thwei ran at his feet, the

Hard Meat shrank in terror! More came at him, a relentless flow of fury and sound. He pivoted,

Hunted, his every movement was an arc of doom and pain.

Noguchi gulped air and pushed herself backward, toward the top of

the shield wall. The warrior was a dervish of wild energy and

prowess-the nightmare creatures fell all around him.

C. Two low-ranked Yautja fighting a large mass horde of Xenomorphs by dodging the pressurized acid and Xenomorph attacks in a dark area environment:

“The Queen continued in her bursts of screams, all but hidden by a mass of her minions, bugs jumping into the battle as more came out of the dark, running at the Hunters, the Hunters dancing and cutting like samurai-- both alien groups slowly, steadily gaining ground on the three humans.

Lara didn't think about it, couldn't, aiming and firing and aiming again, the bugs blasted into acid splash as the Hunters dodged and fought, and somehow managed not to die-- CLICK CLICK CLICK-- AND Lara heard Noguchi's weapon go dry, even over the screams and explosions, as chilling as terrible as the Queen's fury.”

Impressive, yet they were the basic xenomorphs? Which from even your words aren't that impressive its when they become warriors and such. Anyway heres elites basic training. This is for ALL elites... they start from a child and do have the reflexes to match spartans pound per pound and are able to fight them hand to hand which are about the pred's reflexes. Anyway heres the video.

Furthermore the only way to gain rank is to kill period. Older elites can still be the basic elites, but even then they stay that rank until they've killed enough which means tons of enemies in order to gain rank. A lot of pressure is on them as well for if they commit even the simplest of mistakes them and their families can be killed as well.

The Xenomorphs in the quotes should be Warriors as the Yautja is from a clan who are hunting on planets dominated by the Xenomorphs and all the Drones become Warrior over a long period of time according to the comic based ones.

Drones still put up a hell of a fight especially in numbers. Drones are like zombies, but stronger, smarter, fasters, more durable, claws and tails, pressurized acid blood, and reflexes.

That is much the same story for the current Yautja clans in the series. Yautja go on ritual hunts once they become young teens equivalent to age of 13-15 in human years. They are given basic training before the ritual hunt to join the clan and if they pass, they are trained throughout most of their lives until they retire at a very old age. It has been stated that Yautja live up to 2500 years and even the CBUB site users agree with the statement.

Another part of Yautja training is of course going on more hunts and missions such as capturing Xeno Queens or just plain old hunting an alien species, usually Xenomorphs. And some clans give harsh punishment if a Yautja leaves behind any piece of technology on a planet full of sapient beings. Punishment could be banishment on a Hell-like planet full of hostile creatures for a full century. If you survive, you rejoin the clan and your current ranking. Punishment for being defeated by weaker prey on a hunt or mission includes activating self destruct mechanism for humiliating the clan and to avoid advancement a species.

Funny you mention ranking. Yautja have only 6 clan ranking and each rank has a notable difference in physical and skill prowess. Rank is determined in a similar fashion to Elites. In order to rank up, you have to have a certain number of successful hunts and missions. Since there are only a few ranks for Yautja, it takes a ton of hunts to rank up. You can also rank up by setting up fighting matches against other clan members of the same rank. Also, here are all the 6 Yautja rankings:

• UNBLOODED: Young Yautja who are trained the skills necessary for their adult hunting. They will move to the next rank after their first hunt. Death challenges were forbidden. They can only issue claw-challenges. Also, hunting pyode amedha (humans) was forbidden unless they are provoked by a human. They represent about 40% at any one time.

• YOUNG BLOODS: Recently blooded Yautja. They are young, reckless, full of ambition and feel full of pride once they have collected the skull of their kill, which amuses the more experienced hunters. About 30% of Yautja at any one time are considered "Young Blood."

• BLOODED: The only difference between the BLOODED and the YOUNG BLOODS is that the BLOODED have more experienced but still not classed high among the great hunters. This represents 20% of the Yautja population.

• WARRIORS/ELITES: Violent, respected, solo hunters with high Yautja technology. They travel the Universe to find honorable hunting.

• HONORED/VETERAN: The Elite of Yautja society. They have earned more kills than the average hunter and are skilled in all ways. They comprise approximately 10% of the populace.

• ANCIENTS/ELDERS/CLAN LEADERS: The greatest Yautja that have ever lived, they have survived a thousand hunts. They have hunted so much that they look for other means of sport. Consequently, they are more compassionate and disciplined than most other Yautja. Many have learned new fighting techniques over the ages. For example, one "Ancient" who had hunted in 16th century Japan learned "Hira Baraki," or two-sword combat, continues to use it today, and has two custom swords. These represent less than 1% of the entire population.

Here is a Yautja clan match/training:
Here is a Yautja clan match/training:

There is possibly alot of pressure placed on a Yautja as well to fear that they will lose their respect and glory plus harsh punishment.

Do you also happen to have any clue on how fast Spartan reflexes are? I just doubt they are on par with Yautja reflexes. EU Yautja have the reflexes and speed to dodge bullets with ease and this has been shown many times in the EU. Just take a look at the agility and reflex section of my huge post of Yautja feats.

"So basically what these quotes are showing is that even beginner Yautja can tag multiple Xenomorphs jumping everywhere, kill them with bare hands, and dodge Xenomorph attacks and pressurized acid bursting from their flesh, which is like trying to dodge a horde of instant, unexpected sneezes at point blank. Would a normal Elite be capable of doing all those in h2h combat? And Xenomorphs should be capable of killing even armored Elites because Xenomorphs are capable of slicing and head-biting through Yautja armor which was bulletproof in AvP, even though it was one of the lowest tiers of Yautja armor. Then I would like to say that Xenomorphs are just as fast if not faster than Elites. It’s probably a good time to mention it, which is that Yautja are bullet-dodgers in the comics, novels and games. Then combine their bullet-dodging capabilities with their cloaking device and you get this entity you cannot see. I’ll post the scans and quotes in my next post."<-- Honestly yes, they could kill xenos if they had prior knowledge just like the preds have. As shown up above they do train from the time they stand. Period. Example is another one from the MC and the Blue Elite fighting as well which was a regular elite.

It only took an instant for the image to fully resister: a black film peeled away from the darkness. It was a meter taller than John and wore blue armor similar to that on Covenant warships. Its helmet was elongated and it had rows of sharp teeth; it looked like it was smiling at him.

The Elite warrior leveled a plasma pistol. At this range, there was no way the creature would miss-- the plasma weapon would cut through John's slowly recharging shields almost immediately. And if John used his assault rifle, it wouldn't cut through the alien's energy shield. In a simple exchange of fire, the alien would win.

Unacceptable. He needed to change the odds. The Master Chief pushed off the wall and launched himself at the creature. He slammed into the Elite before it had a chance to fire.

They tumbled backward and crashed into the bulkhead. The Master Chief saw the alien's shields flicker and fade-- he hammered on the edge of the alien's gun.

The creature howled soundlessly in the vacuum and dropped the plasma weapon.

The elite kicked him in the midsection; his shield took the brunt of the attack, but the blow sent him spinning end over end. He slapped his hand against the ceiling and stalled his spin--then dove under the Elite's follow-up attack.

The Master Chief tried to grab the alien--but their weakened shields slid and crackled over another. Too slippery. They bounced down the curved length of the passage. The Master Chief's boot caught on a railing, twisted-- a lance of pain shot up his leg--but he halted their combined momentum.

The Elite pushed away and caught a railing on the opposite side of the passage. Then it turned and sprang back toward the Master Chief. John ignored the pain in his leg. He pushed himself at the alien.

They collided--the Master chief struck with both fists but the force slid off the Elite's Shields.

The Elite grabbed him and threw him. They both spun into the wall.

The Master Chief was pinned--perfect: he had something to brace against in the zero gravity. He swung his fist used every muscle in his body, and connected with the alien's midsection. Its shield shimmered and crackled but some of the momentum transferred. The alien doubled over and reeled backward--

--and its hands found the plasma weapon that it had dropped.

The elite recovered quickly and aimed at the Master Chief. The Master Chief jumped, grabbed its wrist. He locked his armor's glove articulation--it became a vise clamp. They wrestled for control. The Gun pointed at the alien--then the Master Chief.

The Alien was as strong as the Master chief. They spun and bounced off the floor, ceiling, and walls. They were too evenly matched.

The Master Chief managed to force a stalemate: the pistol now pointed straight up between their bodies. If it went off it would hit them both-- one shot at point-blank range might collaspe their shields. They'd both fry. ( what would happen )

John turned the gun into its face--squeezed the firing mechanism. The plasma discharge exploded into the creature. Fire sprayed across its shields; they shimmered, flickered, and dimmed. The energy splash washed over the Master chief; his shields drained to a quarter. The internal suit temperature spiked to critical levels.

But the elite's shields were dead.

The Master chief pushed away and fired the pistol again. The bolt of fire caught the elite in the face.

It writhed and clawed at nothing. The elite shuddered. . . suspended in midair, it twitched and finally stopped moving,"

-Halo: The fall of Reach

Are you sure a normal Elite could take on a full horde of Xenos? Do you even know what an Xenomorph horde looks like? Here's how large an Xenomorph horde is:

No Caption Provided

Now do you still think a normal Elite could take out a full horde of Xeno Warriors? Xeno Warrior have the strength to punch and beat down futuristic metal security doors and leave some nice dents in the doors. Xeno Warriors displayed agility and reaction time superior to humans as Xenos have dodged shoulder cannon blasts even at close range on several occasions. Even in Alien Resurrection shows a scene where an Xenomorph Warrior dodges several bullets aimed by mercenaries.

Xeno Warriors as I have stated obtain durability that makes them withstand futurisic small arms and small caliber bullets:

The sounds of combat were drawing much closer as they finished. He could hear the occasional ricochet ping off the alien armor, and whoever had taken over from the dead general would probably be hauling ass real soon.”-Aliens: Earth Hive pg 274

A bullet spanged off the thing’s head, doing no more damage to the hard surface then a rubber ball bouncing on a plastecrete sidewalk. The alien turned and looked at the unseen shooters. “Aim for the woman!” somebody screamed. “Shoot Janna!” Before the alien kidnapper could flee with its prey, three more shots boomed. One of them missed completely. One of them hit the aliens chest, flattened on the natural armour, and did no harm. The third bullet hit the woman, just above the left eye.”-Aliens: Nightmare Asylum pg 4-5

Xeno Warriors can take several punches from a Yautja, however there is a trophy animation in AvP 2010 where Dark (low rank Yautja) somehow kills or K.Os an Xeno Warrior with a punch.

Not to mention that Xeno Warriors have a nice reach advantage over Elites with their tails with can be used for several uses. Xeno tails can be used to club, impale, stab, and unbalance opponents. Their claws, tails, and inner jaws are so sharp they can pierce the bulletproof armor of Yautja, Colonial marines, and Combat Androids who are durable enough to largely withstand sustained fire from pulse rifle ammunution which are armor piercing caseless explosive rounds. Xeno Warriors can also strike and attack faster than humans can.

All those Xeno Warriors seem overwhelming for a normal Elite in h2h combat. In addition Xeno warriors have pressurized acid blood that can dissolve spaceship metal in seconds. The Elite will most likely be covered in the acid blood melting their armor. The pressurized blood is like trying to dodge a large sneeze without warning at point blank and yet Yautja can dodge a full horde of Xeno warrior pressurized blood and attacks.

That is indeed a feat of skill for the blue Elite, but I still think the Yautja has the skill advantage. Like do you happen to have any sort of clue on what martial arts or skills Elites are taught? To me it looks like Elites and Spartans don't really use some type of actual fighting skills or organized martial art. They're like brawlers and simply kick and punch things until they win the fight.

While Yautja depending on clan are taught martial arts and combat skills.

Yautja have a martial art called Jehdin, which is something as best loosely described from Steve Perry to be as a fusion of Penchak Silat, Aikido, Kyokushin Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and other more complex combat skills said to be superior to all martial arts on Earth. They have also been said displaying skills to that of samurai.

Native American skills, tactics and warfare may be involved evidently from the fact Yautja have been shown to ambush, guerilla warfare, stealth, and psychological warfare flawlessly. Especially the Yautja from the Jungle Clan.

Not to mention their hunting attire includes something like a breechcloth and several melee weapons included are spear-like, throwable, darts in gaunlets, traps (laser net, proximity mines, net) and daggers. Hell, they even came to Earth and were worshiped by the Mayans, Aztecs, Incans, and other pre-columbian civilizations and tribes according to AvP films. So it is very likely the have also seen how the pre-Columbian tribes and civilizations have fought.

Here is another scan of a Young blooded Yautja taking out a nice horde of Xeno Drones with just a smart disk:

Low rank Yautja taking out Combat Androids in close combat:

Loading Video...

"That’s what just one quick slice from a young blooded Yautja does to this tank’s armor. Also I just found out by rereading the comic again that it is actually a tank in the 1960s. Now could plasma rifle fire do that? Wrist blades as well can easily pierce through the armor of Colonial Marines, Xenomorph hide, and Combat and War androids made with futuristic metal alloys designed for warfare. The Yautja shoulder cannon could do all these very easily as well."<-- Yes they could WW2 tank armor lets admit is a joke lol. If i saw the pred owning the Colonial marine's armor then yeah it'd be a worthy feat. However, its not and yes a covenant plasma rifle could do that as well. What i find it hard is that predators seem to have some very low feats and in the end what i'm beginning to notice more is that it depends on the individual pred and the individual elite ( both standard so alot of these i've also noticed are not young blood which would be me arguing for the blue elites. )

I noticed this when u had said = "Well if it’s not a normal Elite, then it’s not a normal Elite. Well since you want to bring in skill feats of this debate, here are some more:"<-- well that mite be so, but so far theres been few young bloods and more experienced preds. Either way is fine, but in the end we are arguing lowest of the low for both species.

"A. Dachande, while seriously injured from a powerful explosion and female Yautja, fought against Xenomorph hordes flawlessly and quickly using his own martial art skills he learned which was said by the woman to be more complex and dangerous than any martial arts she had seen on Earth. The veteran only used a combi-stick and dagger. He also states he has fought roughly ten thousand xenomorphs before:"<-- so if we went by ur logic this is not a young blood, but rather a vet which imo is way above an avg young blood. In turn this would not necessary be debated as well either per say. As i said i'm beginning to realize more and more of these as well.

I just showed that feat to give an insight of what kind of skill the Young Blooded Yautja are being taught.

Another thing that I wanted to mention is that Yautja have a power glove. The power glove is activated by the user's gauntlet and it creates a small kinetic explosion that can go beyond the unbelievable striking power of Praetorian PredAliens. Praetorian PredAliens are stronger than normal PredAliens which can tremor and bring a whole temple room down by slaming their fists on the ground. The power glove is shown in avp requiem.

"I would say MC was just exaggerating and being sarcastic because that sound pretty damn over-powered for a single plasma grenade. I would like to see the quote. Nevertheless, the Yautja can simply react and avoid the grenade thanks to their amazing bullet-dodging capability and able to jump over 40 feet."<-- No hes not, and the covenant are known for over powered things... they simply glass planets for fun.... Example of Covenant weapons

Starting with the Covenant nades u doubted...

Zamamee felt his plasma rifle cycle open as it attempted to cool itself, and knew he was about to die, when a plasma grenade sailed in among the humans and locked onto a human soldier's arm. He yelled, "No!" but it was already too late, and the explosion slaughtered the entire fire team.

- Halo: The Flood

and the one u doubt.

The Chief tossed two plasma grenades. They burned magnesium-brilliant and adhered to the heavy alloy of the bulk-head doors that encased the bridge--one of the alien weapons' more useful properties. He moved around the corner of the pas-sage and shielded Haverson and Polaski.

Five Seconds elapsed, and a flash filled the hallway. The Chief moved back to the doors. They shone mirror-bright where the grenade had detonated but were otherwise unharmed.

A hundred grenades wouldn't have blasted through these doors--but when Covenant plasma grenades detonated, they disrupted electronics and shielding.

-Halo: The Flood

Yeah he wasn't joking there op... and its known for that. People just think the covenant from the video games, and what people forget is that the video games were a toned down version of the Covenant. The covenant were literally winning the war, crushing everyone in their path. Only plot is what saved them and lots of it...

Ok that explosive power may kill a Yautja, but as I have stated, Yautja are bullet dodgers and could jump over 20 feet casually and over 35-40 feet in a full powered jump. That's more than enough reflexes and speed to dodge any thrown plasma grenade.

More weapons.

Plasma can blind do note it was his shields that tanked this blast.

A flash of plasma fire washed over his shields, blinding him. He ignored it, closed his eyes, and continued to force his way through the door.

-Halo: First Strike

That would temporarily blind the Yautja's natural thermal vision. Yes Yautja naturally have thermal vision as shown in Predator 2 in a scene where a camera switches to the Predator's vision without a mask.

The bio-mask just enhances the effect of the thermal vision. Other than that, blinding is useless as the Yautja bio-mask greatly enhances hearing to the point it was stated they can hear a whisper from 50 feat away and can hear the silent sound of Xenomorph Drones sneaking upon them:

No Caption Provided

The little needles from the needler doing work.

The surviving Elites recovered and fired.

Adam fell, one hand clutched at the crystal shards that penetrated his armor and punctured his lower spine.

-Halo Ghosts of Oynx

Why are you bringing up the needler if you are strictly going by what the OP says?

One shotted by an Elite plasma bolt.

"Robert caught a blot of plasma in the stomach--it stuck there, burning through his SPI armor like paper. Screaming, he managed to reload and spray his MA5B on full auto at the elite who had shot him. TEAMBIO showed his heart in full arrest, but he still grabbed a grenade, pulled the pin, and lobbed it at the enemy fire team . . .and then he fell."

-Halo Ghosts of Oynx

Do note SPI armor is only below that of spartan armor which is still very very very hard to melt due to it literally being built to counter covenant weapons.

Yeah, in an attempt to counter covenant weapons. There's no doubt that plasma rifle fire is extremly hot, but even the Yautja shoulder cannon could vaporize fully armored Colonial Marine with a fully charged plasma blast. This was shown in AvP 2010. Yet it also vaporizes Noland from Predators and he was fully armored:

No Caption Provided

"Lava actually isn’t that hot. Lava can range from 800 to 1100 in Celsius and lightning is 5 times hotter than the surface of the Sun. If you search it on Google, it will tell you how hot lightning is from many sources and the predator took a direct lightning strike lasting for 3-5 seconds without damage. Also I have pics of the Yautja homeworld and it shows that they live in an incredibly hot environment with 2 Suns, active volcanoes, ships preparing for space flight, and dry desserts. I have also as well found this feat of a low ranking Yautja that actually took plasma shot from a man carrying a stolen Yautja shoulder cannon and the Yautja took no damage at all other than playing possum when shot and quickly got back up and effortlessly punched though the man’s chest wearing a micro-Kevlar carbon fiber suit which is supposed to stop a knife’s penetration. Here’s the scan:" <-- i never claimed it was i said unless u got proof of them winning in it, i doubt its going to be able to "tank tons of shots" From the Covenant weapons.

Here your proof:

No Caption Provided

And why would tons of shots from the plasma rifle kill a Yautja if a shoulder cannon bolt can't even damage the Yautja? Even if sustained fire could kill a Yautja, the Yautja could simply dodge the plasma rifle especially with cloaking device that allows them to be hardly seen with that kind of speed. Plasma rifle bolts are portrayed to be quite slower than bullets. Yautja have dodged bullets on many occasions easily so plasma rifle fire just seems like a joke against a Yautja.

A Yautja took multiple hellfire missiles without much damage besides loosing his bio-mask and flesh wounds on right arm and wrists:

"I think what really the quote is saying is that only indirect fire catches Keyes pants on fire and then got shot again on the leg which caused him to lose his leg. And wasn’t Keyes unarmored? And Keyes is not a Yautja who can take took that plasma shot just fine." <-- LOL no, he did not he shot once it blew off the guy's leg with in direct fire, he also then caught himself on fire as well AND was flung back. On top of that he one shotted the guy in the head right after. I never said humans or jackals were durable what i said was they carry the kinetic force that causes things to EXPLODE and the also burn at a very height temperature. Anyway as i said i'm starting to see more differences between the two as it seems the races are based on individuals and stuff. I do feel i got new respect for the preds, but as i've said before the gear allowed for the regular blue elite puts him at a major disadvantage and i noticed it after i had made the comment and saw this come up again.

Alright, it had to do with the transition between the characters of the quote, but I'll be generous to allow the feat. That kind of kinetic energy might knock back a Yautja at most. I have already proven my point that the Yautja shoulder cannon has superior fire power to the plasma rifle with my feats.

Actually the skill level of Yautja is based on the rank and which clan the Yautja is from.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Covenant, Plasma bolt does splash damage no way it's going to be laughing off the heat of the sun melting it to slag. Not to mention it has a strength advantage over the predator.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: Its not pressure as before, its just the time to spare for big posts like so, and of course digging for feats.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I forgot to add this to sorry...

"That’s what just one quick slice from a young blooded Yautja does to this tank’s armor. Also I just found out by rereading the comic again that it is actually a tank in the 1960s. Now could plasma rifle fire do that? Wrist blades as well can easily pierce through the armor of Colonial Marines, Xenomorph hide, and Combat and War androids made with futuristic metal alloys designed for warfare. The Yautja shoulder cannon could do all these very easily as well."<-- Yes they could WW2 tank armor lets admit is a joke lol. If i saw the pred owning the Colonial marine's armor then yeah it'd be a worthy feat. However, its not and yes a covenant plasma rifle could do that as well. What i find it hard is that predators seem to have some very low feats and in the end what i'm beginning to notice more is that it depends on the individual pred and the individual elite ( both standard so alot of these i've also noticed are not young blood which would be me arguing for the blue elites. )

I noticed this when u had said = "Well if it’s not a normal Elite, then it’s not a normal Elite. Well since you want to bring in skill feats of this debate, here are some more:"<-- well that mite be so, but so far theres been few young bloods and more experienced preds. Either way is fine, but in the end we are arguing lowest of the low for both species.

Sustained fire from plasma rifle I agree could do that. And I mean to say the tank is from the 1980s since the comic is after the events of the first movie Predator. Bullets are useless against tank metal. It takes anti-armor explosives to bust through tank armor.

In AvP 2010 Predator campaign, you can kill Colonial Marines with wrist blades and the trophy kill animations includes piercing the Colonial Marine armor with ease several times. Colonial Marine armor can take a few hits of pulse rifle amunition in the same area until becoming useless. Here's Colonial Marine armor description and model:

Yes like any character, Yautja have had terrible feats, especially movie Predators. I am going by the best skill feats for Young blooded Yautja. Clan also affects the skill level of Yautja.

Elites could probably take down Jungle Clan Yautja in h2h, but Broken Tusk and Dark Blade Clan members would be too much for Elites.

All of my skill feats that I have shown have all been done by Young Bloods except the one where I specifically said it was a veteran. What makes you thing my other skill feats weren't done by Young blood Yautja? Oh and the Yautja in the video was a Blooded so we can rule that one out.

If we go by the lowest and horrible feats for Young blood Yautja, then blue Elites probably win.

If we go by highest feats for Young blooded Yautja, Yautja win.

Even so, Yautja have had so many high showing that they are rather consistent.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Ugh... also forgot to add the armor model:

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: Mhh thats an interesting armor set, ill be for sure taking a look into that.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: lll be doing literally another 5 hour response to ur post soon I posted the counter and it get my video in as in it was locked on loading so I had to start all over and honestly was so mad that I almost just didn't care any more but I'll be having my weekend in 2 more days do I'll counter then but it will be really broken up into parts to prevent any of that bs again

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: That happened to me once. That's why I thought it was a good idea to just type my huge replies on word and just copy and paste. Then the part about the video, it probably has too much MB for comic vine. I'll let you just post the link in your reply. That'll work.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elite wins on his ship but probably loses in a jungle setting.

umbranox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By umbranox

One on one the Elite should lose. I'm not basing this on stats or equipment, as these factors are nearly eqaulized. By that I mean the Yauts and Elites both have some advantages and disadvantages against one another that when looked at as a big picture negate this as a factor for superiority for either side.

Considering this the question becomes not which species is physically or technologically superior, but rather which species is better trained for the scenario.

In this case the Yauts are a hunter society that takes great pride in the hunt and bases societal rank on the individual's effort/skill at being a great hunter. Vis a vis they are better trained for a fight one on one.

Elites are similar in the pride and societal advancement aspects, but have as their focus military operations and battle prowess. Their training would definitely be geared towards squad/fire team/battalion tactics. Correct utilization of troops and equipment to gain battle field superiority. Even Spec Op Elites are just one finger on a hand meant to defeat their enemy. They have a very strong warrior race bond amongst their numbers and a time honored caste system that every individual member would strongly honor.

Which means they play together very well and build their strength up as a species in tandem.

Yautja on the flip side deign to create many highly skilled individual hunters and have less implied or visible cohesion in their ranks. So while they may team up in squads and the like their real strength lies in each individual being powerful rather than each individual adding to the power of the collective.

An Elite without support, without coms, without access to the Covenant battle net, and without a way to recharge his weapons would have to be an exceptional member of its species to function well against a Predator. It would likely have to resort to similar tactics Arnold's character in the movie did. Guerilla warfare and traps and discarding its equipment to survive however would be highly dishonorable in the eyes of an Elite, and death is preferable to dishonor.

Taken as a whole the Predator just has the advantage of heat tracking, greater skill at the scenario, a failsafe method, and the ability to use the Elites own incomprehensible 'honor before reason" against the Elite.

The above was all for scenario one.

Scenario two is trickier but I'll get back to it.

A Covenant ship shouldn't just have one Elite there though, so it's a stretch already to make the fight believable.

Maybe Scenario two should be a Yautja strike team (like say five of varying ranks) vs a Covenant frigate (a battle cruiser would just be too much IMO). Just have to limit the wrist nukes the Yauts have to make it fair.

Elites are bred to be soldiers, Yautja to be hunters; one on one the hunter's training will be more suited to the scenario (jungle).

Just my ten cents.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Navajaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Predator.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umbranox: things to note elites are bred to be warriors they do not rely on numbers u will see this when a single elite is in a pack of grunts. They are trained to do both and saying they are squads when we've seen our fair share of predator squads doesn't necessary mean anything. Elites are trained from the time they are born. I can agree wih fitness on the fact that a Moot elite vs a moot pred could go either way. They regardless are both well trained and are great hand to hand fighters

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: no internet trouble

Good man, can't wait (though I feel like a hypocrite saying this as I haven't responded with the whole list of feats so soon lol)

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Still working on it! Sorry, I just love a good argument :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: Yeah should be done tomorrow should be late tomorrow. It's taking a bit of time due to all the turning off and turning on my pc and stuff, and then of course pushing myself to do more lol.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Why do I getting the feeling that your going to reply me a big ass post with big ass paragraphs lol?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: Actually u know what i dont wanna respond to everything posted right away on ur things, so if u dont mind I'd like to do half pages is that cool?

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: That's fine, but make sure you know which sections of my post you are referring to.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JimboBchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

predator stomps

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flymanwalket24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron_mk_ii: lol, no offence but u obiously didnt do your homework or play halo. elitle have active camoflauge,energy sword,yes plasma grenades and every grenade created by the covenent. active shield generators,yes plasma weapon (not as powerfull as predators plasma weapon i think. motion dectectors as well as well as predator, both trained in stealth and beswrker rage combat. id say each gets ther. each has a good chance to win standerd weapons and each with a special weapon u decide, predator extra plasma cannon mabey, elite plasma,rocket launcher. each has a good chance of winning i guess. but id go for the elite 46%,predator 54% elite mainly because of haveing the same basic tec sets it on an equal, but the elite deflector shield along with the energy sword a predator cannot resisnt a chalenge but energy sword is a game stopper, andvdeflector shield is,good to.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By MrHamWallet

With weapons Predator probably takes a majority, the tech is generally more more varied but the elites sheld would cause it problems. In a sword fight definitely the elite, more skilled with the sword and it wouldn't even noticed the predators armour.

In hand to hand I'd probably give it to the Elite, the predator may be more agile but I'd say the Elite's are probably stronger.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Aye... I'm sorry but I had to bump this thread due to the severe Yautja fan wanking, while severely underestimating the the Sangheili's... Who ever said the average Yautja is superior to the average Sangheili needs to read a Halo book or comic. To be honest this is a stomp for the Sangheili's. From strength, speed, size, tactic and most importantly tech. Its laughable to hear some people in this thread say to say Yautja tech is superior to elite/covenant tech. Covenant tech which has shown to destroy worlds by glassing them and making them inhabitant.

But to get this out of the way why the heck doesn't the Elite have his signature energy sword???? Their trademark weapon, which would increase his edge further against the Predator.

But I digress. Lets take a look at strength.

Strength for Base Level Elites is Stronger than Predators. They beat super augmented Spartans after all in strength. Along with Brutes who trump Predators in strength. Have the Yautja even faced creatures has strong as Spartans or Brutes in PURE strength? No.

Durability I would think is Par, because Elites have shown a Healing Factor and have taken damage of a similar level to Yautja and kept on fighting. Though the Elites have advanced shielding, which the Predators have not shown to have.

Predators Plasma Caster??? Um... Elites and the Covenant have those to and more. Plasma pistol? Which has SHOWN to completely melt off a Elites head. Yes, the Covenant weapons are far more deadly than you would think from just playing the games... even glancing hits tend to cause 4th degree burns. Don't even get me started on the plasma rifle.

I also been hearing that the plasma caster would one shot the elite. All I have to do is lol; again there's something called energy shielding which no Yautja has ever shown to have. Elites advanced energy shielding tanks plasma weapons on a daily bases and recharges. Again the energy shielding is one of the Elites biggest advantage besides his strength and speed.

Speed? Elites take on Spartan II's who have something called "Spartan time", where they see the world more slowly and can dodge bullets. Have Yautja shown to dodge bullets?

Yautja's cloaking? lol. Elites have those too. In fact the Elite's cloaking seem to cover a more broader spectrum than Predators, and have been able to tweak them after just a very short time to cover additional spectrum. Predator's infrared vision? Good argument, but Elites have something to neglects that. Again going back to the tweaks they made, an example of this can be seen in the Halo Novel The Flood where IR vision was able to penetrate the Cloaks, yet Days after that, Thermal and IR couldn't be used to see them through the Cloak as seen in First Strike. So the Yautja's IR will be useless in this fight. Not only that I believe Elites too have IR, so the cloaking argument is pointless.

But besides, the Yautja can keep his IR, because Elites(and Spartans) have motion sensors built into their HUD.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Motion_sensor

H2H? Elites come from a warrior culture similar to Feudal Japan with the Samurai's and Ancient Sparta. Their whole culture consists of training and fighting from birth. I assume the Yautja's culture is similar to this.

Size? The average Elites height is 8 feet and above, while the average Yautja's is 7 feet...

Anyways the Elites stomp imo due to strength, speed and vastly superior technology. Besides MAYBE the Plasma caster, most of the Yautja's weapons will be ineffective to the Elite due to his energy shielding. Yautja's have not faced a creature as technically advanced, physically advanced or intellectually advanced as an Elite.

PS: Oh yeah, as for the jungle setting, the Elite will feel RIGHT AT HOME! Why you may ask? Because the Elites home world is mostly jungle and humid hot weather. :)

Gorilla01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im gonna go for predator based off the comics because all his weapons can be used without interrupting the cloak, his wristblades can reach 4ft, his is powered enough to go through a truck wich means it could probably pierce the elites shield, they have plasma caster that can go through two robust men, a smart disc that could cut into a tank's armor, shurikens, machete, predator rifle that makes a spartan laser look like a toy gun with flashy lights, can throw an alien wich can usually reach up 9ft,have a net gun, and a spear gun. And also it would depend on how much armor the yautja is wearing and if they have an upgraded cloak that leaves no trace, plus a shangheili cloak will sometimes last a certain amount of time depending on rank, and predator armor can block an energy sword as well as a Spartans, their wristblades can block the e.s, and predators are notoriously hard to kill. So I say predator wins but has a couple new scars to show

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

Aye... I'm sorry but I had to bump this thread due to the severe Yautja fan wanking, while severely underestimating the the Sangheili's... Who ever said the average Yautja is superior to the average Sangheili needs to read a Halo book or comic. To be honest this is a stomp for the Sangheili's. From strength, speed, size, tactic and most importantly tech. Its laughable to hear some people in this thread say to say Yautja tech is superior to elite/covenant tech. Covenant tech which has shown to destroy worlds by glassing them and making them inhabitant.

Oh the hypocrisy... Since perhaps you've probably never read or played a AvP/Predator comic, book, or game either based on your statements. We'll just have to see about that concerning your beliefs of the Elite's advantages. Then if you really think Elites tech is far superior to Yautja tech, bear in mind that in most Predator and AvP media, Yautja are equipped with just their typical hunting gear. There are only a few sources that display the Yautja's true military and technological potential, but their hunting gear is not even close to how deadly and advanced their military technology is... Then Yautja could potentially destroy worlds as well by sending them into an Xenomorph apocalypse or placing self destruct device (proven to demolish entire country-sized landmasses) based weaponry to demolish every inch of the planet. Though Yautja prefer not to destroy any worlds at all so they can preserve the native species for hunting.

A great piece of technology worthy to mention is from this novel where it states that a Predator had unleashed this small offensive vehicle that resembled a hover board which emitted special beams so destructive that it had demolished an entire island in a very short period of time IIRC.

But to get this out of the way why the heck doesn't the Elite have his signature energy sword???? Their trademark weapon, which would increase his edge further against the Predator.

But I digress. Lets take a look at strength.

I don't find how the energy sword would be a notable factor for the Elite in battle either way. As Yautja are durable enough to withstand things deadlier and if you're going to mention the energy sword's reach, this won't matter due to the Predator's combi-stick which extends up to 2 meters and will instead give the Yautja the reach advantage.

Strength for Base Level Elites is Stronger than Predators. They beat super augmented Spartans after all in strength. Along with Brutes who trump Predators in strength. Have the Yautja even faced creatures has strong as Spartans or Brutes in PURE strength? No.

I heavily disagree with this. Elite's if I recall are only slightly tougher than Spartans. Then I seriously doubt that Brutes surpass Yautja in strength unless you provide evidence of Brutes with superior strength feats to Yautja, which include Yautja effortlessly bending and puncturing tank metal with bare hands, an adolescent Yautja easily crumpling a thick futuristic metal security door with bare hands , easily backhanding a helmeted soldier to death and severely jacking up his head in the process, and much more...

Yautja have not only encountered and defeated creatures and opponents with similar strength to Elites, but also creatures and opponents who are fairly to vastly tougher than Brutes and Elites alike... Such as Xeno Warriors, Praetorian Xenos, Predaliens, dinosaurs, Space Jockeys, Xeno Queens (esp. high ranking Yautja), etc...

Durability I would think is Par, because Elites have shown a Healing Factor and have taken damage of a similar level to Yautja and kept on fighting. Though the Elites have advanced shielding, which the Predators have not shown to have.

Since when were Elites shown to possess a healing factor??? Anyways, I'm not so sure if I'd say that as Yautja have been shown to withstand 3-4 hellfire missiles with very minor injuries (a few cuts and blood wounds), take a beating from an Xeno Queen, continue fighting and emerged victorious against deadly extraterrestrial species for a long time with massive vital organ damage and venom poisoning, and much much more...

The Elite's energy shields isn't going to be that big of a deal considering Yautja boast weapons which can deal serious damage to the energy shields and armor, specifically the shoulder cannon or hand-held plasma caster for sure, spear guns, laser traps, proximity mines, combi-stick, smart disc, and wrist bolt. Along with enough strength to do great damage to their shielding as well...

Predators Plasma Caster??? Um... Elites and the Covenant have those to and more. Plasma pistol? Which has SHOWN to completely melt off a Elites head. Yes, the Covenant weapons are far more deadly than you would think from just playing the games... even glancing hits tend to cause 4th degree burns. Don't even get me started on the plasma rifle.

The shoulder cannon can effortlessly do the same to an Elite's head as well. Funny thing is the same can be said for the shoulder cannon as it is far more deadly than you would think from just watching the movies. Since the shoulder cannon's normal blast throughout the AvP and Predator franchise boasts the destructive capability to dispatch a T-Rex in one shot, obliterate a military truck and apache helicopter in one shot, blast large holes through Yautja scout ships leading them to crash, and more.

But that's not even the best a shoulder cannon could do! Shoulder cannons also boast more destructive select-fire modes, such as charged mode and beam mode. Where charged shot can obliterate an entire colony transport ship and vaporize fully armored Colonial Marines and beam mode can vaporize two soldiers at once and puncture deep and massive holes into WW2 tanks.

I also been hearing that the plasma caster would one shot the elite. All I have to do is lol; again there's something called energy shielding which no Yautja has ever shown to have. Elites advanced energy shielding tanks plasma weapons on a daily bases and recharges. Again the energy shielding is one of the Elites biggest advantage besides his strength and speed.

Well that is unless you'll prove to me that their energy shields can take something as devastating as the shoulder cannon. Yautja do in fact have developed devices very similar to energy shields, but they are only utilized for military purposes.

Speed? Elites take on Spartan II's who have something called "Spartan time", where they see the world more slowly and can dodge bullets. Have Yautja shown to dodge bullets?

Do you perhaps possess any feats of Spartans utilizing this so called "Spartan Time" to view things in slow-motion and evade bullets? Because IIRC, Spartans reflexes are limited to dodging plasma blasts from a Banshee at 50 meters. Plus I've came across some instances of MC where he's being shot up by covenant weaponry and not dodging them at all really.

And yes... Yautja have been shown many times in the franchise to effortlessly dodge and evade military grade and futuristic gunfire from multiple sources at close range to point blank. Along with moving faster than soldier's eyes can follow and moving so fast they turn into one big near-invisible blur.

Yautja's cloaking? lol. Elites have those too. In fact the Elite's cloaking seem to cover a more broader spectrum than Predators, and have been able to tweak them after just a very short time to cover additional spectrum. Predator's infrared vision? Good argument, but Elites have something to neglects that. Again going back to the tweaks they made, an example of this can be seen in the Halo Novel The Flood where IR vision was able to penetrate the Cloaks, yet Days after that, Thermal and IR couldn't be used to see them through the Cloak as seen in First Strike. So the Yautja's IR will be useless in this fight. Not only that I believe Elites too have IR, so the cloaking argument is pointless.

If this is true, then bear in mind that thermal and IR vision aren't the only vision modes that Yautja have in their bio-helmets. As they also have ultralight, x ray, sonar, foot-prints, and electric/tech vision which should surely be capable of detecting the Elites with no issues. Plus another factor that would help the Yautja find cloaked Elites is their great sense of smell and hearing... Then since when had the Elite gotten IR vision?

But besides, the Yautja can keep his IR, because Elites(and Spartans) have motion sensors built into their HUD.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Motion_sensor

This also won't matter considering Yautja can be incredibly stealthy to the point they can sneak past or behind Colonial Marines who possess motion trackers so sensitive they can detect a scurrying mouse as well.

H2H? Elites come from a warrior culture similar to Feudal Japan with the Samurai's and Ancient Sparta. Their whole culture consists of training and fighting from birth. I assume the Yautja's culture is similar to this.

Now you are correct on this one. Though I'd give the edge to Yautja in h2h combat. Because you see, Yautja have developed their own form of martial art called "Jehdin" which is stated to be a fusion of Penchak Silat, Aikido, Kyokushin Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Xilam, Lucha Libre, Bokator and other more complex combat skills said to be superior to all martial arts on Earth by Steve Perry.

Hell, even the lowest ranking adolescent Yautja were stated to display skills of samurais. But most importantly, your average Yautja is capable of taking on hordes of Xenos with ease depending on the clan he's from and humiliating Combat Androids in h2h.

Then Yautja also have other cultural aspects implemented besides Asian and not so much of ancient Greek culture. Their culture contains Aztec, Cambodian, Egyptian, and Native American cultural aspects as well... Along with the fact they aren't just a warrior culture, but a hunter culture as well.

Size? The average Elites height is 8 feet and above, while the average Yautja's is 7 feet...

Yeah, that is correct if you are only going by movie version Predators. But going by the EU, Yautja are supposed to be on average 2.5 meters tall (slightly over 8 ft and 2 in). Though the average for Elites is 8 ft and 6 in, that's not a great height and reach advantage at all. Plus it won't matter anyways considering a shorter Yautja had easily defeated a larger and stronger Yautja with superior skill and strategy. Along with your average Yautja can deal with much larger opponents like T-rexes.

Anyways the Elites stomp imo due to strength, speed and vastly superior technology. Besides MAYBE the Plasma caster, most of the Yautja's weapons will be ineffective to the Elite due to his energy shielding. Yautja's have not faced a creature as technically advanced, physically advanced or intellectually advanced as an Elite.

Like I said before, now you must try to prove me wrong. Then I still find that the shoulder cannon would make short work of the Elite. As for anything the Yautja faced that is similar in some ways to Elites, well you average Yautja can take on Combat Androids, hordes of Xenos, platoons of Colonial Marines, and dinosaurs...

PS: Oh yeah, as for the jungle setting, the Elite will feel RIGHT AT HOME! Why you may ask? Because the Elites home world is mostly jungle and humid hot weather. :)

Yeah, but I question their ability to utilize the jungle environment to their advantage like Yautja do...

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

After seven years, still Predator.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Live Action Halo Movie Please!!!!

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus those graphics in OP's pic.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#194  Edited By Keenko

Predator.

xtreamrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thread, lore aside these two are relatively even without gear. That aside, id back the Predator. From what ive seen their stalking/hunting and battle tactics are superior to an average Elite, so round 1 goes to Predator easily, a few hits from the plasma caster can pop the elites shield and his hand weapons should do the trick. Round 2, since you gave the Pred a full map of the ship, he could easily sneak up on the Elite, it wont be as easy as a jungle but he'll still win in a good skirmish. With his gear there are a handful of scenarios where the Predator could come out on top. And we've seen that Yautja have a high tolerance for pain, so he should be able to handle the plasma weaponry of the covenant. The plasma grenades on the other hand, if he gets lucky Predator gets stuck.

Overall call me biased, but given the gear the Predator is superior to the Elite but strength wise its a stalemate. If this were an Elite Zealot or General, a normal Predator would have to work for it.

Capfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we are talking Elite predators then I think Predator clears the jungle, and the covenant ship 7/10. I think it would be a very close battle, but both would end up teaming up against the flood or aliens or other enemies.

Solar_Cannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Solar_Cannon

@rozh: There are several problems in your argument. 1.You just assume that the Elite would find the Predator first even though we know from the movie Predators that the Predators masks can see infra red and also can detect sounds such as heart beats. 2. The Predators have never showed that there camo disappears when they fire. 3. Even if the Elite killed the Predator and the Predator activated his wrist bomb, IT'S A FUCKING NUKE. So unless a Elite can run as a helicopter can fly it can outrun that shit.

volcanicbeast3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elite would win with his overshields strength and ninja skills, along with the great armor he has

ScarPredator25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rozh: You do know that an elite’s average height is 7’6”, not 8’6”. Ripa Moramee was at 8’1” and he was already considered as an “unusually tall” for an elite. Predator takes this. Look at his weapons in this one. Predator takes round 1. Elite takes round 2 because of home advantage.

ScarPredator25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: 300 tons? No. I researched and with Mjolnir, Master Chief could lift 1800 pounds. Without it, 900 pounds. A Predator threw a tank in a comic and the lightest tanks are about 30 tons.