2. All abilities allowed

Rules

• In character
  • No prep
  • Standard gear
  • Win by any means

• Begin 20 feet apart
  • Begin visible
  • Fight takes place here (The place where Dooku fought obi-wan and anakin in revenge of the sith if you can't see the image...):
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Dooku.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Probably Ventress and Obi-Wan

Round 2: Dooku keeps one of them from the fight with TK or Lightning while beating the other in a duel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dooku wins if he can remove Kenobi from the equation with TK, or Ventress alternatively. He'd lose in sheer sabers I would imagine.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Round 1: Team.

Round 2: The Count wrecks.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShootingNova

Technically, Ventress and Obi-Wan's combined skill levels would be far above the Count, since both are in a similar tier of skill and only a few notches behind Tyranus, individually. However, it's not exactly as simple as that, given the Count's rather impressive track record against multiple opponents. And he does seem to perform exceptionally well against both Ventress and Obi-Wan, too. Obi-Wan's Soresu honestly can only defend him, as it lacks the offensive capability to bypass the defenses of somebody as skilful as Dooku (and on a more basic level, Makashi does help to defend against lightsaber attacks as well). His offensive form would be Ataru, which isn't applicable here because Tyranus knows the form inside out from his countless spars with Qui-Gon. Ventress simply uses Makashi, which Dooku obviously also knows inside-out. Technically speaking, Ventress should also know Dooku's form, but when they fought, Dooku seemed to be content with abusing a strength edge (which if anything, just isn't right) to repeatedly floor Ventress. Dooku could feasibly win, though I'd probably defend the team for a majority in any event.

Dooku can destroy either with the Force, and by removing at least one of them from the fight in this way, he would win, since he can beat any of them (individually) every time. It only depends on whether or not he would make use of his power, which he likely will given his history, and the fact that he's rather skilled as mingling the Force with dueling.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Round 1: Team.

Round 2: The Count wrecks.

Technically, Ventress and Obi-Wan's combined skill levels would be far above the Count, since both are in a similar tier of skill and only a few notches behind Tyranus, individually. However, it's not exactly as simple as that, given the Count's rather impressive track record against multiple opponents. And he does seem to perform exceptionally well against both Ventress and Obi-Wan, too. Obi-Wan's Soresu honestly can only defend him, as it lacks the offensive capability to bypass the defenses of somebody as skilful as Dooku (and on a more basic level, Makashi does help to defend against lightsaber attacks as well). His offensive form would be Ataru, which isn't applicable here because Tyranus knows the form inside out from his countless spars with Qui-Gon. Ventress simply uses Makashi, which Dooku obviously also knows inside-out. Technically speaking, Ventress should also know Dooku's form, but when they fought, Dooku seemed to be content with abusing a strength edge (which if anything, just isn't right) to repeatedly floor Ventress. Dooku could feasibly win, though I'd probably defend the team for a majority in any event.

Dooku can destroy either with the Force, and by removing at least one of them from the fight in this way, he would win, since he can beat any of them (individually) every time. It only depends on whether or not he would make use of his power, which he likely will given his history, and the fact that he's rather skilled as mingling the Force with dueling.

1. Team. Mace Windu is about equivilent to Count Dooku in skill(I think Dooku is a bit better personally but that's just me) and he needed the full extent of his skills just to get Ventress to run away, and Obi-Wan is about as skilled as her while being faster and physically superior. They'll be able to overwhelm them.
  2. Depends on how much Dooku abuses his power advantage. His proven he can stomp them by sheer virtue of lightning or TK, but I don't know if the fight would last long enough for it to get to that point. I think this could go either way.

Dooku wins if he can remove Kenobi from the equation with TK, or Ventress alternatively. He'd lose in sheer sabers I would imagine.

Round 2: Dooku keeps one of them from the fight with TK or Lightning while beating the other in a duel.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Round 1:
I could honestly see Dooku winning this, but both Ventress and Kenobi are approachable to him as it is, together they'd win in an amazing battle.

Round 2:
Dooku has been showing dominate these two individually via his power in the Force, which he often uses mid-combat. I could see him ragdolling either one(likely Kenobi) and dispatch the selected target for long enough to finish the other one off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku wins both rounds.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eisenfauste

I can see Dooku winning both rounds

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku, given his fighting history, of using force powers, lightening and TK with ddueling.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku both rounds I'd imagine.

Avatar image for emperor_jar_jar
Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laurus: I don't see him taking sabers tbh. But easily round 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Team 6/10

Round 2: Dooku 10/10

NOOBKILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the team in both rounds. Dooku can barley break obi wans defense alone

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku wins both rounds mid difficulty. He was clowning TCW Annie and Obi in sabers and this duo is flat inferior to that one. Neither can even touch him in force power either

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperor_jar_jar: In canon, the only people who could hold a candle to him in terms of dueling were; Mace, Yoda and Sidious.

Ventress < Kenobi, and Kenobi is nowhere near as skilled as any of them three.

Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Emperor_Jar_Jar

@laurus: Don't forget, Anakin as well. Also, based on the op's pictures, I think this is Legends. I doubt Dooku can penetrate Obi-Wan's defense AND fend off Ventress at the same time.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon he could, he's held off Kenobi and Anakin together multiple times. (Just to point out, Dooku was holding back in his fight with Anakin).

Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Emperor_Jar_Jar

@laurus: No, he wasn't. He was trying to beat him. This is Legends, not Disney canon.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Emperor_Jar_Jar

@laurus: The pictures used are from Legends. Even in canon, Dooku was trying to beat Anakin, just not kill him. Anakin's win is legit.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperor_jar_jar: Still, the fight between Dooku and Anakin happened in canon, and Dooku held back following instructions from Palpatine.

Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laurus: No. He didn't hold back his skill. He was still trying to beat Anakin, just not kill him. Even then, Disney canon doesn't affect Legends whatsoever. In Legends, Anakin defeated Dooku on the verge of stomping him.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperor_jar_jar: On the verge of stomping? I'm not familiar with legends so pardon my ignorance, but surely Dooku, who stood his ground with Yoda and beat Mace in sparring matches, would handily defeat Ventress and Kenobi in a lightabers only duel?

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By redheathen

Dooku was clowning Skywalker and Kenobi in ROTS at first. He then saw the error in his thinking.

@laurus said:

@emperor_jar_jar: In canon, the only people who could hold a candle to him in terms of dueling were; Mace, Yoda and Sidious.

Ventress < Kenobi, and Kenobi is nowhere near as skilled as any of them three.

Add Maul and ROTS Anakin and DD Vos on level with Dooku. Do they match up with Sidious? No. There are accolades that equate him with Yoda, but if that is the case, then we can say the same for the three I just mentioned.

Also, it depends on the timing. I'll be blasted for this, but before a few Jedi were killed by Maul pre-TPM and in TPM, accolades and a few dueling feats would place others in that list such as Jinn, Bondara,...a couple others I can't think of right now.

As a whole, I agree that Kenobi is not listed among their ranks, but to add a reminder and as a bit of trivia, Kenobi was the master of Soresu. I'm curious if they were all to duel one another using only Soresu, then who would win.

Doctor__Hanlon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Ventress + Obi Wan for round 1!

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku can honestly win both rounds, though the first one would be exhausting.

Turr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Turr

Dooku no question.

Count Dooku is a terrible matchup for Obi Wan. He defeated him twice in movies alone, even 2v1. Makashi counters Obi Wan's defensive preferences and Count Dooku is too powerful for Obi Wan to try and land a force push through. Ventress is leagues from the likes of Dooku in all aspects so she is of no help as well. Dooku already defeated her AND two other nightsister blade masters at the same time while blinded.

Dooku should take round 1 with some minor difficulties and round 2 in a stomp, probably defeating Ventress with initial force lightning (She was defeated by it many times and never seemed to be able to defend against it) and crushing Obi Wan yet another time with ease.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Azronger

If this is peak RotS Kenobi, he should solo at least the first round. The second may be tricker if Dooku brings his more esoteric Force powers into the mix.

Ventress is a non-factor.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

If this is peak RotS Kenobi, he should solo at least the first round. The second may be tricker if Dooku brings his more esoteric Force powers into the mix.

Ventress sure was not a non factor in Dark Disciple. Her being there and training allowed Vos to beat Dooku.

Honestly this match plays out like Dark Disciple. Both tag teaming have a chance. Though Dooku should still take a heavy majority base on the end fight with Anakin and Obi in RotS.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Laurus

@redheathen: In my opinion, in lightsaber combat being a master of Makashi would give the Count a larger advantage, as it is specifically tailored towards lightsaber wielding foes.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LordOfTheLight

With Post-Mustafar Kenobi, it goes either way, though I'd give it to Dooku in a stellar fight.

Dooku wins and decisively at that if it's pre-Mustafar Kenobi.

Ventress is a non-factor and a serious Dooku can one-shot her.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By redheathen

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@azronger said:

Ventress sure was not a non factor in Dark Disciple. Her being there and training allowed Vos to beat Dooku.

Honestly this match plays out like Dark Disciple. Both tag teaming have a chance. Though Dooku should still take a heavy majority base on the end fight with Anakin and Obi in RotS.

^^^ I completely agree with this. Ventress is not a non-factor.

@laurus said:

@redheathen: In my opinion, in lightsaber combat being a master of Makashi would give the Count a larger advantage, as it is specifically tailored towards lightsaber wielding foes.

Apologies. I meant to say what if no one could use their preferred form. Everyone must use Soresu. They are all masters of the saber, and it would just be intriguing to watch them all use Soresu against Kenobi. It may level the field. Maybe. =) This is nothing more than an of interest thought.

Prime versions of each, Kenobi and Ventress are more powerful than most of you are giving credit. I think a couple people in this thread parrot what they think they've read that is knowledgeable, but I could be wrong.

I always take the stance that PSV > Kenobi based on Legends (including old G tier canon, which should count for something); however, Kenobi did go toe to toe with him in one of the most epic duels in SW history. Kenobi obviously dueled "perfectly matched"* with Vader, and even though there was more to that duel than who was better skilled than whom, the fact remains that Kenobi did show his saber and force abilities to be greater than they were when he last faced Tyranus, which I discuss below.

Although Anakin is canonically > Tyranus, I think it is of note that Kenobi is on the same level as Tyranus** and is enough of a threat to PSV, Sidious' golden child, that he was able to defeat him even though PSV wasn't at his peak performance. Ventress is canonically < Tyranus, but not by much and on the same tier. In no way is a duel between post-Mustafar Kenobi and DD Ventress an easy match for Tyranus in sabers or all out. This is a "win by any means" duel, and that eliminates the Jedi protocols that hindered Kenobi on the Invisible Hand. This is what, IMO, gave him a little more of an edge on Mustafar in addition to PSV not being at his peak (emotionally hindered). Kenobi all out + Ventress all out = hella time for Dooku.

DD Vos alone beat Tyranus (not the last battle) on Tyranus' on turf (after when Vos and Ventress first dueled him). If he can do that, then I have no doubt that Kenobi (win by any means) and Ventress can at the very least stalemate Tyranus in the second round. First round is team for sure.

* Nick Gillard. I have discussed what perfectly matched actually means in another thread. It does not mean they were equal with sabers. NG was sure to say that PSV > Kenobi, and this was also reflected in at least three novels.

** Nick Gillard.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Dark Disciple can suck cock. Legends only ftw.

LOL That probably happened in the novel. js...

But that novel was good! and the OP doesn't specify versions. I went prime for all three, which includes canon and EU.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Laurus

@redheathen: If they all used Soresu then Kenobi could solo both of them, but as it happens they don't. I could see a stalemate for the first round if not Dooku winning, but I think it's clear Dooku stomps in round 2.

Jason97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump