Could Thor survive re-entry falling at MHS+ speed into the mountain, head first

Godam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Could Thor survive re-entry falling at MHS+ speed into the mountain, head first (40 votes)

Easily 35%
No lol, he dies 33%
Knocked tf out 8%
Puts him into stretcher 3%
He's definitely bleeding 10%
Unfazed by it try again 10%
I had enough! 3%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Power_Hunter

Impossible. Only someone like Clark Kent could perform such a display of endurance and might.

Avatar image for deactivated-64a0c943e7754
deactivated-64a0c943e7754

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it's just a couple kilotons. He's not noselling because he was out from Sokovia, he would be knocked out

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it's just a couple kilotons. He's not noselling because he was out from Sokovia, he would be knocked out

How's that a couple of kilotons?

Avatar image for brawlmetaknight
BrawlMetaKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor survives, but knowing the MCU, he'll have cosmetic damage to show such as being bruised and having some bleeding cuts (like in TDW and AoU).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@power_hunter: MHS+ speed ~ hundreds of thousands of meters crossed in a second. Chris is 88kg

In this case I had 600km/s as the mid end of MHS+ in my head cause that's how fast Black Adam was flying in the movie one time. Which would be about 4kt of energy using Thor's weight. Kinetic energy an all. Falling into a mountain won't be different from just hitting the ground. It's all rock.

ForgoodZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ForgoodZ

Lol no. He gets battered all the time.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course he can, he was blasted into Earth by Odin at much faster speeds.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>blasted to earth by Odin and crashed into mountains in the prelude to Avengers comic

>fell through space and crashed on a planet in Ragnarok

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can, but the scene from the reinforced glass cage in the first Avengers movie indicated it was dire for him to get out before hitting the ground at regular velocity. Featwise, he should probably handle it, but I don't think he would be depicted that way.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Thor would no sell it and get up with an embarrsed smile. Saying Oops my bad, let me put your little mountain back together. Brushes gravel off his shoulder

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you use tie-in comics, then he may have done something like this while weakened. He was, however, knocked out after the instance.

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

If you use tie-in comics, then he may have done something like this while weakened. He was, however, knocked out after the instance.

That's quite the lowball..

Here Superman was thrown from less than Half a km to the mountaintop.. when Thor was thrown all the way across Galaxies to Earth , Which He shrugged of in Minutes or less?

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phase 1 Thor (in another universe) Was Thrown from space to Earth By Carol.. and he jokes of it? Bruh.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mreperson: He's not moving at full speed though.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forgoodz: What does that have anything to do with this?

HavzaPrensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phase 1 Thor (in another universe) Was Thrown from space to Earth By Carol.. and he jokes of it? Bruh.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Power_Hunter
@mreperson said:

@power_hunter: MHS+ speed ~ hundreds of thousands of meters crossed in a second. Chris is 88kg

In this case I had 600km/s as the mid end of MHS+ in my head cause that's how fast Black Adam was flying in the movie one time. Which would be about 4kt of energy using Thor's weight. Kinetic energy an all. Falling into a mountain won't be different from just hitting the ground. It's all rock.

Why would you use Black Adam's top speed shown in the movie to calc the feat?

He lost control of his flight and was kind of falling, it's far from Black Adam's top speed...I think it's better to calc it with the amount of rock he busted.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He’d be in a coma

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Tanks it with the same ease as Supes. That feat isn't really as amazing as some people would like to believe.

Also, that boulder was thrown by the force of Kurse.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By heiqn

Impossible. Only someone like Clark Kent could perform such a display of endurance and might.

Based and super-pilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@power_hunter: are you talking about superman going through the mountain? My answer is referring to the title questions asked "could thor survive re-entry falling at MHS+ speeds into a mountain head first" and 600km/s(which reminded me of BA) is around mid end for MHS+ Speed. It's a KE question the title is asking.

As for superman going through the Mountain in the gif, he goes through a mountain on Ellesmere Island and the smallest mountains there are 780m, Superman going through 11% of that would still be in kt of energy. You can calculate it cause I don't care anymore

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DammeFavour

@takenstew22: it doesn't really matter who threw it, it became irrelevant the moment kurse released it, we have the size and speed and calculation should be easy

There's no 'force' of kurse

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eredin12

First of all, Superman was not moving even 1% that fast in gif posted in OP, but yea Thor would tank even if he moved at such speed

OfficialTopG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor dies miserably. He may survive for a few minutes, but he eventually bleeds out.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eredin12

@DammeFavour:

1) We do not have confirmed speed

2)Strong characters use their strength to generate lot of power, without use of speed in first place, so there is very much force of kurse

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: we do have the speed, its right there, it's not breaking the sound barrier or anything

That's not how physics works, the 'force' of kurse stops becoming relevant the moment it left his hands

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
@DammeFavour said:

@takenstew22: it doesn't really matter who threw it, it became irrelevant the moment kurse released it, we have the size and speed and calculation should be easy

There's no 'force' of kurse

But it's true that an objects force gets stronger if it's thrown with sufficient enough strength and speed.

It's not a good showing, I'm just saying that alot of people seem to forget that fact when taking into account relatively small/weak objects that shouldn't be able to hurt these characters otherwise.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: it would if directly manipulated by said characters, again it doesn't matter who threw it, we see the speed and we can estimate mass

We can say that, doesn't change the fact that it happened and this is not the first time it's happened either

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eredin12
@DammeFavour said:

@eredin12: we do have the speed, its right there, it's not breaking the sound barrier or anything

That's not how physics works, the 'force' of kurse stops becoming relevant the moment it left his hands

DCEU Superman in JL while fighting Flash did not break sound barrier even once, he made no mach cone behind him , are you going to argue that he was moving at subsonic speeds? Or will you, hypocritically , apply this logic only to MCU?

No, more force leads to more speed and as such, more kinetic energy, even in physics and fiction does not care for physics in first place either

ZedbeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obv the speed at which superman was falling was massive, superman just 'falling' simply will not bust a mountain top/thousands of tons of rock. thor dies

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: oh come off it mate, you're not making any sense.

What's the point of all these if physics doesn't matter?

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: oh come off it mate, you're not making any sense.

What's the point of all these if physics doesn't matter?

We use physics to quantify what we can, sure, but we also must, if we are being even minimally fair, admit that at times it simply does not apply. As I said, Superman, when he statued JL; made no mach cones, he made no mach cones here either, so if we are going to use your kind of physics absolutism, then we must also admit that Superman was moving at subsonic speeds in both of those instances

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DammeFavour

@eredin12: wait when did I claim superman broke the sound barrier here? And yes they were far beyond the speed of sound during the jl fight, having dust frozen in the air, propagation of marble was statued and being able to completely statue a lightning timer confirms this. I said the boulder did not break the sound barrier, claiming it moved faster than we saw is reaching

Avatar image for galacticstarsee
Galacticstarsee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: @officialtopg: @zedbez: @DammeFavour: check your eyes supes speed is buffed up and not much faster than the spord of the rock kurse threw, also dark elves rocked could be much more dense than regular rock , supes was koed by an oil rig explosion and street pavement by faoras speed.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: They were going around mach 50 in that fight scene. Not really relevant, but they were definitely moving above the speed of sound. Like you said.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eredin12

@DammeFavour:

@eredin12: wait when did I claim superman broke the sound barrier here?

So you agree that he was subsonic then? Nice, given that you insist that we use physics, with his stated mass and subsonic speed, this would then be wall level impact, bellow tank shell that hit Iron Man

And yes they were far beyond the speed of sound during the jl fight, having dust frozen in the air, propagation of marble was statued and being able to completely statue a lightning timer confirms this.

Not if mach cone was not made, physicis dictate that any object moving faster than sound must break sound barrier and create mach cone behind him, something Clark did not do. Since Clark did not break sound barrier, claiming he was faster than sound is reaching, at least as far as your logic is concerned, which is that something must be shown breaking sound barrier to be supersonic

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Easily lol

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: wall level impacts don't cut through the top of a mountain

Well I guess the marble memorial, the dust and diana just took a vacation then

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eredin12
@DammeFavour said:

@eredin12: wall level impacts don't cut through the top of a mountain

Well I guess the marble memorial, the dust and diana just took a vacation then

Did you not say that "we have the size and speed and calculation should be easy"? We have mass( 110 kg) and speed( you agreed that it was subsonic), therefore, calculation should be easy

Well if we insist on " physicis must apply to fiction 100%" then, yes. If we do not though, like I do not, then of course no. Then it is good speed feat. You see, my entire point here was to demonstrate to you how faulty it is to assume that just because sound barrier was not visually broken, that something must be subsonic.

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warrior8411: that thor was also knocked across 2 continents, they're not the same

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DammeFavour

@eredin12: as long as there's an indication of difference in speed, that's all that really matters, mach cones served to portray this in MoS and BvS, flash is way beyond the speed of sound, the slo mo perfectly depicts this together with the fact that diana the lightning timer was frozen.

I didn't say physics has to be followed 100% of the time, doesn't mean you start making one up when you want to wank your favorite character plus I don't know how fast superman was falling, it definitely wasn't flight assisted though

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@power_hunter: are you talking about superman going through the mountain? My answer is referring to the title questions asked "could thor survive re-entry falling at MHS+ speeds into a mountain head first" and 600km/s(which reminded me of BA) is around mid end for MHS+ Speed. It's a KE question the title is asking.

Oh, well, yeah, it isn't very clear to put that title and add that gif in the OP but whatever.

Even considering those speeds, it's still not that good of a feat because he didn't stop immediately, but the rocks slowed down the impact. For example, this man can't no-sell a terminal velocity fall:

Loading Video...

It's just that he slowed down the fall with a net. Same with the rocks but a bit harsher.

The feat would only be in the kiloton range if Thor impacted an indestructible wall and stopped immediately.

As for superman going through the Mountain in the gif, he goes through a mountain on Ellesmere Island and the smallest mountains there are 780m, Superman going through 11% of that would still be in kt of energy. You can calculate it cause I don't care anymore

Why would you use that mountain size when you can literally see Superman impacting those rocks? It's way easier to calc the amount of rock he busted using his body as a reference.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

@eredin12: as long as there's an indication of difference in speed, that's all that really matters, mach cones served to portray this in MoS and BvS, flash is way beyond the speed of sound, the slo mo perfectly depicts this together with the fact that diana the lightning timer was frozen.

You also said that we cannot ignore physics, and that if we do there is no point to debating, if that is case, then JL scene is undeniably subsonic, as there waas no mach cone. If you on the other hand are saying that physics can be ignored at times, then it should not be hard to grasp that this boulder could have been moving faster than sound, given how fast we saw even Prof Hulk throw boulders, or fact that in fiction writers often have strong characters generating lot of force even without speed, just due to strength. That is how in comics, Hulk hurts people on his level(planetary) by throwing stuff at them

I didn't say physics has to be followed 100% of the time, doesn't mean you start making one up when you want to wank your favorite character plus I don't know how fast superman was falling, it definitely wasn't flight assisted though

If it was not, if it was just result of gravity, then it must be wall level, bcause highest speed he would achive would be terminal velocity, which is about 200 KMH. My point on the other hand is just that in some cases you can use physicis to quantify something, and in other cases, you need to look beyond it.

Avatar image for galacticstarsee
Galacticstarsee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: thor survived the wrath of strombreaker in lat.