• 56 results
Posted by Tjakrabirawa (2600 posts) 1 year, 18 days ago

Poll: Could Post infinity war Thor withstand the Combined attacks from these Formidable Characters? (56 votes)

Yes fairly ease he survived worse from the neuron star beams 20%
Mid-high diff 4%
Stunned/Dazed 5%
Possibly KO'ed 11%
Thor dies horribly 45%
Any attack from one of these characters is already enough to Kill him, together they disintegrate Thor 16%

Morals off Post JL Superman, DCEU Doomsday HVs, MCU Vision mindstone beam, Unibeam and Repulsors from IW Iron Man, Supergirl's Heat Vision, MCU Vibranium Ultron's lasers, FOX Silver Surfer's Blast and FOX Phoenix Jean Grey Powerful TK

They will continuously attacking Thor simultaneously

They say Thor is far more durable than DCEU Superman/Doomsday who tanked a nuke, does Thor really have Star level Durability now?

No Caption Provided

#1 Edited by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

How long does he go under this? Eventually he would die

#2 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1677 posts) - - Show Bio

does Thor really have Star level Durability now?

No Caption Provided

#3 Posted by Tjakrabirawa (2600 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@tjakrabirawa: Ok, he dies, but survives for about a minute

Yeah, the mindstone is the massively determining factor here, he ain't surviving that for any large amountof time.

#6 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
#7 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

He had a chance untill you added SS and Jean.

#8 Posted by Stahlflamme (5821 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Thors djrability isn't higher than before he just has a new feat or in other words a yone that could manhandle him so far can atill manhandle him now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
#9 Posted by deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes heat vision soloes in seconds

#10 Edited by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@variant06 said:

Supes heat vision soloes in seconds

No, but yeah Thor can't stand up to all these attacks at once he'll definitely get KO'd and probably even straight up die eventually.

#11 Posted by deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@theycallmebt: of course... he has no good energy feats

The “star” feat is overrated

#12 Edited by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@variant06 said:

@theycallmebt: of course... he has no good energy feats

The “star” feat is overrated

The nuke feat is overrated

Of course it's not, but do you see how easy that is?

#13 Posted by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

How in the world can standing up to the full force of a star be "overrated"?

Also he withstood the Power Stone destroying his entire ship while he was inside.

#14 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

@variant06: Underrated is more like it. The movie just came out and people's automatic reaction is just "NO THE FEAT DOESN'T COUNT"

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#15 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio

@variant06: Underrated is more like it. The movie just came out and people's automatic reaction is just "NO THE FEAT DOESN'T COUNT"

It’s a hideous double standard. Supes survives a nuke, that’s objectively very impressive. It’s just the star feat is much better, but some Viners refuse to accept that.

#16 Posted by deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquatic_pianist: nuke feat is way better. It’s actually quantifiable... plus came with a much of concussive force. Only reason it even hurt Supes was due to radiation, Thor was almost killed by puny beam that didn’t even melt the metal it was in contact with,

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#17 Edited by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio

@variant06: ..........................I’m not bothering with you. If you had an inkling of objectivity you’d realize the star feat is at least as good as the nuke feat, and it’s definitely better. You’re the kind of person that was just described, who automatically dismisses a feat because it’s by a certain character.

#18 Posted by deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: Saw the movie 3 times so far, going again next weekend...and yea, he 100% did not take the full force of a star. That statement is hyperbolic, spoken in a moment of dire urgency to convey that Thor was stepping out of his league.

What he actually took was star level heat (the entire point of the forge was to utilize heat...star level force would blast the few pounds of metal out of the damn pot). As far as KINETIC force, literally all of his propulsion ran out between him hitting a prong and then the floor at speeds a normal car could reach. He even turns at one point and looks directly into the beam with his eyes...a guy who was KO'd by an exploding spaceship, Hulk punches, and a space taser. He never reached anything close to star levels of kinetic force. It's very, very clear that far less than a star can put this guy down on contact, much less over time.

This feat is utterly, droolingly, stupidly overrated. Feats >statements, especially statements (force claimed) contradicted by feats (force shown).

#20 Posted by KanyeCosby (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, no

#21 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

@variant06:You're obnoxiously ignorant. A nuke's power exponentially weakens as it blows outward, and it was in space correct? There is no shockwaves from a nuke in space, only the fiery detonation itself.

Oh and screw your 'quantifiable' argument, I get so sick of people disregarding an entire feat because they're too bad at math to actually work it out. As for the actual math, we know how much energy the sun puts out a day, how much heat it puts out, etc... which exceeds a nuke millions of times over, but hey, let's give it the benefit of the doubt, the star is dying, and let's just assume without any knowledge of the star at-hand that it's weaker, we know stars get less hot over time, and let's not even assume that this is some sort of technomagic supernova like it's implying (Dying star), let's assume this is more akin to a red giant, which is about 80% the heat of our current star. Let's take that a step further, and let's assume that the heat the sun puts off (Which is around 386000000000000000000000000 Watts of energy) is cut into a mere fraction of the power. Let's say, a millionth of the power, no, a billionth, a tiny, tiny fraction. 386000000000000000 Watts is what we're left with, and let's not even take into account the fact Thor took this energy over the course of a few minutes-a fair trade off for the fact a majority of the energy was used to actually melt the Uru. We are now left with 386 Pettawatts.

The entire global nuclear arsenal could produce 1.69 Pettawatts

No Caption Provided

Superman not only had Doomsday to block the blow of the explosion-who absorbed most of the blast and then redirected it, but he suffered massive damage and then only came to and healed when he was able to absorb sunlight. Thor nearly died as well, but he didn't have anyone to block the hit, and we know he took the full brunt of it.

#22 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: See the above calculations above, The tiniest fraction of that blast of sunlight dwarfs anything Superman can do.

Is the calc completely outlandish crazy and insane? Yes, but saying 'Well Thor got dropped by a space taser' is going to get you this kind of response, the kind that proves Thor is better than Superman by any stretch of the imagination in that moment.

#23 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: I actually agree with u that the star beam is better than heat vision...it melted a thing that couldn't be melted by anything else. What I was countering was your justification that it was "the full force of a star" and that it was "underrated"... Most people I've seen (not you) won't stfu about it and keep trying to act like it has more influence over his combat than his actual combat feats. All it really implies is that ur probably not gonna burn him.

As far as ur calc, it'd probably be closer if we took into acount he was getting hit by far less than a billionth of its energy...he was getting hit by as much heat as an iris-sized (re: Thor-sized) section of the star released, a star which is also tremendously tiny for even a neutron star (normally a few miles in diameter).

#24 Posted by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: The Dwarf specifically says the full force of a star, and we see a literal dyson sphere surrounding the star, directing all of the energy to a single point where Thor is. Like I said, I didn't even include the timelapse of like 2 minutes, that's only over the course of a second. Even at a trillionth of the maximum power, or a quadrillionth, it's still better than taking a nuke to the face.

#26 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: When people say full force, they mean full heat... sigh

#27 Posted by miekskywalker (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

He would last longer than anyone else exluding Surtur + dudes

#28 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: Ik what he says, and it was clearly in the context of the point he was trying to convey (Thor would die) but noone at all says it's focusing "all" the energy of the star at anything. And thankfully, we have the feat itself to clarify any misconceptions.

I agree with the rest of what u said.

#30 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Heat isnt force, tmk. Pretty sure that applies only to kinetic energy. The kinetic energy, as we saw, was pretty laughable compared to what we actually expect from a star.

I have no qualms about the heat.

#31 Posted by silvanus (910 posts) - - Show Bio

The forge feat is easily the best energy durability feat in MCU and DCEU combined (As far as I remember). But calling it star level durability is too much. That star was a tiny one.

#32 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: You're just nitpicking, they needed heat to melt the Uru, of course the dwarf is referring to heat. 'Force' is just being used because it sounds somewhat cooler, alliteration and all that good stuff.

#34 Posted by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: You basically just agreed with me lol perhaps I just misunderstood u. I thought u were taking "force" literally.

#35 Posted by TheTruthIII (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision's Mind Gem is fodder, it's literally all hype with no good feats compared to other high tier energy projectiles. There's no way Thor survives this for more than like 15 seconds, especially considering Silver Surfer is among the attackers.

I dunno why you brought up the nuke, Doomsday isn't surviving this either.

#36 Posted by Itachus17 (3504 posts) - - Show Bio

does Thor really have Star level Durability now?

No Caption Provided

#37 Posted by ThunderPrince (7097 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: No, no, no, the heat and energy is what we're talking about here. Kinetic energy force we haven't seen anything on this level yet unless you want to use the calcs that say the blast from the Bifrost would've been around the level of a supernova.

#39 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@conner_wolf: Doomy and sups HV is no joke either

The heat vision won't do more than tickle him. He can't survive all of these attacks for very long but the heat vision is stated to only be 10,000 degrees. That is 1/100th of what he took with the Neutron star.

#40 Posted by Darkbiscuit (2201 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t think Thor can take this for 5 minutes.l unless he had Stormbreaker to soak it

#41 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: Ok, then that was my misunderstanding. I have no objections to that.

Still overrated tho

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#42 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

Eitri: You're about to take the full power of a star. It will kill you.

Thor: Only if I die.

Eitri: Which is what being killed... is.

Just wanted to bring this here.

#43 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: I love that for just a moment, Thor responded exactly the way I would.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#44 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31730 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6380 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: A certain spot upon the surface of the sun, yes, but when that heat is building from the entirety of the star and then concentrated into a singular beam and then concentrated specifically to melt a mystical metal, and over the course of two full minutes then no.

Superman also had Doomsday to block a majority of the blow, and Doomsday not only blocked it, he absorbed it.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#46 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31730 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf: I haven't seen the scene, so I wouldn't know.

#47 Posted by BobbitsC (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has survived being right by a star, he might be knocked out, but of course he's going to be able to take it.

#48 Posted by jashro44 (53165 posts) - - Show Bio

@theycallmebt: The F word is not allowed. I've edited your post.

#49 Posted by KanyeCosby (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

A single blast from Fox Silver Surfer or Fox Jean Gray would kill Thor.

#50 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio