Could MCU Iron Man Survive A Nuke?

  • 50 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for johnnypowers
JohnnyPowers

977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Could MCU Iron Man Survive A Nuke? (43 votes)

yes 49%
nope, he dies 51%

IW Iron Man

could he survive a nuke point blank?

No Caption Provided

 • 
Avatar image for peyton-m
Peyton-M

266

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Man is durable af, but I think this is just a little to much for him

Avatar image for j_normal
J_Normal

1203

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Easy. Let me explain.

The Power Stone planet busted and Iron man tanked that casually. This makes Stark planet level. However, it does not stop there. The IG is universal by statements and if we lowball the power stone that makes it at least 1/6th Universal. At the very least Tony has galaxy level durability as a lowball.

Avatar image for takenstew22
TakenStew22

32056

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TakenStew22

Depends on the nuke. He can tank small ones.

Inb4 he no-sells Tsar Bomba.

Avatar image for baalhaddad
Baalhaddad

3494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dies instantly

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

4152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@j_normal said:

Easy. Let me explain.

The Power Stone planet busted and Iron man tanked that casually. This makes Stark planet level. However, it does not stop there. The IG is universal by statements and if we lowball the power stone that makes it at least 1/6th Universal. At the very least Tony has galaxy level durability as a lowball.

it's really rare for people to start posting facts as soon as a thread is made like you just did. Most of the time people just troll and post nonsense...

Avatar image for eredin12
Eredin12

23776

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Eredin12
@peyton-m said:

Man is durable af, but I think this is just a little to much for him

He no solled meteor had at least 350 KT of kinetic energy, which is Nuke level, so not really.

OT: Sure.

Avatar image for takenstew22
TakenStew22

32056

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@j_normal said:

Easy. Let me explain.

The Power Stone planet busted and Iron man tanked that casually. This makes Stark planet level. However, it does not stop there. The IG is universal by statements and if we lowball the power stone that makes it at least 1/6th Universal. At the very least Tony has galaxy level durability as a lowball.

it's really rare for people to start posting facts as soon as a thread is made like you just did. Most of the time people just troll and post nonsense...

Huge lowball. Tony was able to survive a few seconds with all the stones so clearly he has atleast low universal durability.

Avatar image for baalhaddad
Baalhaddad

3494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@eredin12 said:
@peyton-m said:

Man is durable af, but I think this is just a little to much for him

He no solled meteor had at least 350 KT of kinetic energy, which is Nuke level, so not really.

OT: Sure.

He was offscreen for minutes in a suit with regen, there's no indication he nosold anything

Avatar image for eredin12
Eredin12

23776

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad: We saw then when it hit him the first time, it did not break anything on his armor, then it slammed him into the ground and he came a bit later unscratched, script also makes no mention of him being knocked out irrc, like it does in EG when Thor hit him, further supporting this point, it was also said in one video that Raj posted that meteor drove him beneath the surface/crust of a planet, which could explain why it took him some time to get back.

Avatar image for deactivated-60b590e543be8
deactivated-60b590e543be8

987

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The suit might survive, but I'm not sure about Tony

Avatar image for peyton-m
Peyton-M

266

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@baalhaddad: the suits regen doesn’t work like that. When thanos ripped it off it had to leave certain parts of his body to regen the others it can’t just come o of nothing

Avatar image for baalhaddad
Baalhaddad

3494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad: We saw then when it hit him the first time, it did not break anything on his armor, then it slammed him into the ground and he came a bit later unscratched, script also makes no mention of him being knocked out irrc, like it does in EG when Thor hit him, further supporting this point, it was also said in one video that Raj posted that meteor drove him beneath the surface/crust of a planet, which could explain why it took him some time to get back.

Yeah the meteor hitting him before smashing into something is not close to the same as when it impacts the ground, hence why people can survive being hit by a car but place a larger surface and well, also do you mean the vid thing raj posted awhile back? Because it never said crust it said surface which is basically the moment you dig through the ground you're breaking through the surface

You've seen IW script?

Avatar image for eredin12
Eredin12

23776

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

Yeah the meteor hitting him before smashing into something is not close to the same as when it impacts the ground,

hence why people can survive being hit by a car but place a larger surface and well,

It is the same mass, moving at that speed, hitting him, but he tanked both, sure it is more dangerous when a car crushes you against something since it will crush your limbs, the reason is you can't go through the wall, car pushes forward, you are first to break, but when the car hits you, it still hits you with all KE it had. Regardless Tony tanked both.

also do you mean the vid thing raj posted awhile back? Because it never said crust it said surface which is basically the moment you dig through the ground you're breaking through the surface

You've seen IW script?

The surface of the planet officially means crust, now while informally it could refer to that as well, the crust would perfectly explain completely what took him few minutes to return, since we know that he was not knocked out, as the script does not mention it

I personally did not read it but i heard that Tony being knocked out was never mentioned in it, just in one tie in a book, destiny arrives i think, which is non-canon

Avatar image for baalhaddad
Baalhaddad

3494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad:

Yeah the meteor hitting him before smashing into something is not close to the same as when it impacts the ground,

hence why people can survive being hit by a car but place a larger surface and well,

It is the same mass, moving at that speed, hitting him, but he tanked both, sure it is more dangerous when a car crushes you against something since it will crush your limbs, the reason is you can't go through the wall, car pushes forward, you are first to break, but when the car hits you, it still hits you with all KE it had. Regardless Tony tanked both.

also do you mean the vid thing raj posted awhile back? Because it never said crust it said surface which is basically the moment you dig through the ground you're breaking through the surface

The surface of the planet officially means crust, now while informally it could refer to that as well, the crust would perfectly explain completely what took him few minutes to return, since we know that he was not knocked out, as the script does not mention it

Really then why does an egg or a glass not break when falling before it hits the ground if it's the same force? Why did the meteor not break when it hit Iron Man even though as you said his armor is tougher than Rock and it's the same force , so why did'nt the meteor get damaged at all when it strcuk Tony? That's because it's not close to the same

The surface is from ground level where we stand down to 5-70 km deep, from the very moment you break through the ground even a single foot you've gone beneath the surface

Even if he was'nt ko'd saying he nosold it is a massive reach

Avatar image for gangorca
GangOrca

9251

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He's already survived worse than a Davy Crocket and plenty of others so the answer is yes if you mean to say at least one nuke, he gets atomized by a Tsar Bomba if you mean to say any nuke.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

6516

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Easily

Avatar image for eredin12
Eredin12

23776

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

Really then why does an egg or a glass not break when falling before it hits the ground if it's the same force? Why did the meteor not break when it hit Iron Man even though as you said his armor is tougher than Rock and it's the same force , so why did'nt the meteor get damaged at all when it strcuk Tony? That's because it's not close to the same

Cause while falling it does not experience any force besides gravity pulling it down, but if you punch it, it can break at the moment of punch easily.

We don't even know did that metoer break when it hit the ground, we never saw it break, did we?

The surface is from ground level where we stand down to 5-70 km deep, from the very moment you break through the ground even a single foot you've gone beneath the surface

Even if he was'nt ko'd saying he nosold it is a massive reach

"The surface of the planet, where we live, is called the crust—it's actually a very thin layer, just 70 kilometers deep at its thickest point. "

It is a 70 km big layer, to go truly bellow it you must go below 70 km, otherwise, you only went below one part of the surface, if Tony sent more than 70 km below it, meaning bellow entire surface layer, it would explain perfectly why it took him few minutes to come back.

Tank pretty easily, maybe that is a better term?

Avatar image for baalhaddad
Baalhaddad

3494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Baalhaddad

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad:

Really then why does an egg or a glass not break when falling before it hits the ground if it's the same force? Why did the meteor not break when it hit Iron Man even though as you said his armor is tougher than Rock and it's the same force , so why did'nt the meteor get damaged at all when it strcuk Tony? That's because it's not close to the same

Cause while falling it does ot experience any force besides gravity pulling it down, but if you punch it, it can break at the moment of punch easily.

We don't even know did that metoer break when it hit the ground, we never saw it break, did we?

The surface is from ground level where we stand down to 5-70 km deep, from the very moment you break through the ground even a single foot you've gone beneath the surface

Even if he was'nt ko'd saying he nosold it is a massive reach

"The surface of the planet, where we live, is called the crust—it's actually a very thin layer, just 70 kilometers deep at its thickest point. "

It is a 70 km big layer, go truly bellow it you must go below 70 km, otherwise, you only went below one part of it, if Tony sent more than 70 km below the surface of Titan, that would explain perfectly why it took him few minutes to come back.

Tank pretty easily, maybe that is a better term?

So the impact was so weak it could'nt destroy a rock that size?

Except nowhere was it stated he went " Truly Below " it, it was simply stated he went beneath the surface, which is a term which literally means beneath the ground

Once again once you break where your feet are and go down you've gone beneath the surface

I think it's best we agree to disagree

Nice talk though, i thought you'd left the site, i hope all is well

Avatar image for eredin12
Eredin12

23776

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

So the impact was so weak it could'nt destroy a rock that size?

Except nowhere was it stated he went " Truly Below " it, it was simply stated he went beneath the surface, which is a term which literally means beneath the ground Once again onve you break where your feet are and go down you've gone bemeath the surface

Or rock was that durable? Didn't Thanos struggle/used full effort to destroy that moon, despite fact that power stone can bust the planet?

No, since the ground is not the entire surface, it was said that he went below the surface, which means the entire layer that is considered surface, it was never said he only went below ground or just the upper part of the surface layer.

I think it's best we agree to disagree

Nice talk though, i thought you'd left the site, i hope all is well

Sure.

Left, why, what gave you that idea?

Avatar image for baalhaddad
Baalhaddad

3494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad:

So the impact was so weak it could'nt destroy a rock that size?

Except nowhere was it stated he went " Truly Below " it, it was simply stated he went beneath the surface, which is a term which literally means beneath the ground Once again onve you break where your feet are and go down you've gone bemeath the surface

Or rock was that durable? Didn't Thanos struggle/used full effort to destroy that moon, despite fact that power stone can bust the planet?

No, since the ground is not the entire surface, it was said that he went below the surface, which means the entire layer that is considered surface, it was never said he only went below ground or just the upper part of the surface layer.

I think it's best we agree to disagree

Nice talk though, i thought you'd left the site, i hope all is well

Sure.

Left, why, what gave you that idea?

The PS has never busted a planet, it's best feat is the moon feat followed by Surface wiping a planet ( which is below moon level)

Yeah it never said the entire surface, it just said beneath the surface, which is a definiton given to the moment you break through the ground

Have'nt seen you in many MCU related threads lately, aswell as traffic has died down a bit, so i figured some users ( including you) had quit

Avatar image for eredin12
Eredin12

23776

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

The PS has never busted a planet, it's best feat is the moon feat followed by Surface wiping a planet ( which is below moon level)

First, to correct you bit there, surface wiping is moon+ level, NW confirmed it himself here, the reason is distance blast would need to cover to destroy it I assume.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/saitama-tatsumaki-and-fubuki-vs-world-breaker-hulk-2179066/

And second, didn't Thanos destroy the planet with it off-screen?

Yeah it never said the entire surface, it just said beneath the surface, which is a definiton given to the moment you break through the ground

No, since that is not surface then, if you say you went below something, that must mean the entire thing, since otherwise, you would not really go below it, just below one small part of it

Have'nt seen you in many MCU related threads lately, aswell as traffic has died down a bit, so i figured some users ( including you) had quit

traffic?

Well yeah, i had some things to deal with personally and i was more focused on some other threads there while i was on.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

3743

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Easily

Avatar image for baalhaddad
Baalhaddad

3494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad:

The PS has never busted a planet, it's best feat is the moon feat followed by Surface wiping a planet ( which is below moon level)

First, to correct you bit there, surface wiping is moon+ level, NW confirmed it himself here, the reason is distance blast would need to cover to destroy it I assume.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/saitama-tatsumaki-and-fubuki-vs-world-breaker-hulk-2179066/

And second, didn't Thanos destroy the planet with it off-screen?

Yeah it never said the entire surface, it just said beneath the surface, which is a definiton given to the moment you break through the ground

No, since that is not surface then, if you say you went below something, that must mean the entire thing, since otherwise, you would not really go below it, just below one small part of it

Have'nt seen you in many MCU related threads lately, aswell as traffic has died down a bit, so i figured some users ( including you) had quit

traffic?

Well yeah, i had some things to deal with personally and i was more focused on some other threads there while i was on.

That's surface busting and i'm talking about surface wiping, the latter is what the PS does not the former

What planet, you mean Xandar? Thor said he decimated it, but we have no idea what he did or how long he took to do so

When talking about something digging/smashing through the ground, beneath the surface literally means from the moment you dig/smash from ground level down to what ever depth that follows, no where was it stated he went below the entire surface but beneath the surface

By traffic i meant the amount and how often users would post

Cool

Avatar image for theomnidoctor
TheOmniDoctor

667

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By TheOmniDoctor

Inb4 MCU Iron Man > New 52 Superman

Avatar image for deactivated-60eee22feddcf
deactivated-60eee22feddcf

2065

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for eredin12
Eredin12

23776

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

That's surface busting and i'm talking about surface wiping, the latter is what the PS does not the former

Wiping just means to completely remove/delete something, wiping the surface is busting it and that is what power stone did.

What planet, you mean Xandar? Thor said he decimated it, but we have no idea what he did or how long he took to do so

It tells us that power stone can destroy the planet, irrc also Ronan was going to use it for that, and together with all other stones, it can destroy even universe.

When talking about something digging/smashing through the ground, beneath the surface literally means from the moment you dig/smash from ground level down to what ever depth that follows, no where was it stated he went below the entire surface but beneath the surface

This is as faulty as saying if a person exits the house, he did not go completely out of the house, just partially, then it would say he went out of the room, not out of a house, nowhere was ground mentioned, just surface, the surface is a layer,70 km big one, if you go beneath it, you need to go bneth 70 km, saying you went beneath surface means entire surface otherwise you would not go beneath it, just beneath one small part of it and that is not all, fact that Tony took few minutes to return further proves that interpretation is correct.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

5062

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Depends on which nuke

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

4800

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for pandaemperoriv
Pandaemperoriv

6682

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't see why not

Avatar image for thorwins1875
THORWINS1875

1551

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

no he most definitely could not

Avatar image for thorwins1875
THORWINS1875

1551

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for eredin12
Eredin12

23776

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thorwins1875: What gave you the idea that i care for you vs wiki tier calcs D2therJ?

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

3743

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Depends on the nuke

MB4o Tsar Bomba -_-

Avatar image for the_gaurdian
The_Gaurdian

1593

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Radiation and temperature alone would atomize him, nevermind the actual force of a nuke

Avatar image for thorwins1875
THORWINS1875

1551

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@eredin12:


What gave you the idea that i care for you vs wiki tier calcs D2therJ?

quantifiable data > your imaginary fanboy headcanons

another easy debunk on comicvines worst poster

Avatar image for six-deuce
Six-Deuce

2329

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There are definitely nukes he can tank....and there are some he likely couldn’t.

Avatar image for bigmoistjunior
BigMoistJunior

2441

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for tsunamiwave
tsunamiwave

1277

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nah

Avatar image for kinginrags
Kinginrags

1540

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Radiation and temperature alone would atomize him, nevermind the actual force of a nuke

This.

Avatar image for thevamphunter
TheVampHunter

7592

Forum Posts

279

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe.

Avatar image for sportjames23
sportjames23

1492

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

LOL some of you stans are ridiculous. So, Tony can survive a nuke, but he can't take getting punched the fuck out by Thanos? Unless ya'll think Thanos' punches are >>>>> nuke level?

Avatar image for thorwins1875
THORWINS1875

1551

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44  Edited By THORWINS1875
Avatar image for allhellkingdox
AllHellKingDox

2866

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They’re are dozens of different nukes with different yields radiation, etc, so this is a wanky question but if we’re talking about anything above hirushima absolutely not he’s vaped. Iron man durability is not that great and the bomb in avengers 1 is a basic ICMB and that would vaporize him to this day.

Those saying yes are all the dumb MCU fans, trying to equate that giant Boulder hitting him with a nuke when

1. The impact force of the Boulder is comical

2. Explosions and giant rocks are not comparable at all No fire, no shockwave, no radiation, etc

Avatar image for baalhaddad
Baalhaddad

3494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@peyton-m: The first time he regen'd his helmet where did he pull his nanites from? Because i don't see any missing parts there?

Avatar image for macleen
macleen

4524

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47  Edited By macleen

Gets vaporized

Avatar image for solo788
solo788

1549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"point blank"

No

Avatar image for deactivated-60b590e543be8
deactivated-60b590e543be8

987

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

LOL some of you stans are ridiculous. So, Tony can survive a nuke, but he can't take getting punched the fuck out by Thanos? Unless ya'll think Thanos' punches are >>>>> nuke level?

Two different kind of durability.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

5062

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sportjames23: Thanos hits harder than the meteor that didn't destroy Tony's armor, at the very least. He can hurt Thor who can tank stronger blasts than any nuke, so yeah he hits harder.