Could MCU Iron Man Survive A Nuke?

• 50 results
JohnnyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Could MCU Iron Man Survive A Nuke? (43 votes)

yes 49%
nope, he dies 51%

IW Iron Man

could he survive a nuke point blank?

No Caption Provided

• 
Peyton-M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man is durable af, but I think this is just a little to much for him

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy. Let me explain.

The Power Stone planet busted and Iron man tanked that casually. This makes Stark planet level. However, it does not stop there. The IG is universal by statements and if we lowball the power stone that makes it at least 1/6th Universal. At the very least Tony has galaxy level durability as a lowball.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TakenStew22

Depends on the nuke. He can tank small ones.

Inb4 he no-sells Tsar Bomba.

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dies instantly

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal said:

Easy. Let me explain.

The Power Stone planet busted and Iron man tanked that casually. This makes Stark planet level. However, it does not stop there. The IG is universal by statements and if we lowball the power stone that makes it at least 1/6th Universal. At the very least Tony has galaxy level durability as a lowball.

it's really rare for people to start posting facts as soon as a thread is made like you just did. Most of the time people just troll and post nonsense...

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eredin12
@peyton-m said:

He no solled meteor had at least 350 KT of kinetic energy, which is Nuke level, so not really.

OT: Sure.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal said:

Easy. Let me explain.

it's really rare for people to start posting facts as soon as a thread is made like you just did. Most of the time people just troll and post nonsense...

Huge lowball. Tony was able to survive a few seconds with all the stones so clearly he has atleast low universal durability.

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:
@peyton-m said:

He no solled meteor had at least 350 KT of kinetic energy, which is Nuke level, so not really.

OT: Sure.

He was offscreen for minutes in a suit with regen, there's no indication he nosold anything

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad: We saw then when it hit him the first time, it did not break anything on his armor, then it slammed him into the ground and he came a bit later unscratched, script also makes no mention of him being knocked out irrc, like it does in EG when Thor hit him, further supporting this point, it was also said in one video that Raj posted that meteor drove him beneath the surface/crust of a planet, which could explain why it took him some time to get back.

Avatar image for deactivated-60b590e543be8
deactivated-60b590e543be8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The suit might survive, but I'm not sure about Tony

Peyton-M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baalhaddad: the suits regen doesn’t work like that. When thanos ripped it off it had to leave certain parts of his body to regen the others it can’t just come o of nothing

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad: We saw then when it hit him the first time, it did not break anything on his armor, then it slammed him into the ground and he came a bit later unscratched, script also makes no mention of him being knocked out irrc, like it does in EG when Thor hit him, further supporting this point, it was also said in one video that Raj posted that meteor drove him beneath the surface/crust of a planet, which could explain why it took him some time to get back.

Yeah the meteor hitting him before smashing into something is not close to the same as when it impacts the ground, hence why people can survive being hit by a car but place a larger surface and well, also do you mean the vid thing raj posted awhile back? Because it never said crust it said surface which is basically the moment you dig through the ground you're breaking through the surface

You've seen IW script?

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

Yeah the meteor hitting him before smashing into something is not close to the same as when it impacts the ground,

hence why people can survive being hit by a car but place a larger surface and well,

It is the same mass, moving at that speed, hitting him, but he tanked both, sure it is more dangerous when a car crushes you against something since it will crush your limbs, the reason is you can't go through the wall, car pushes forward, you are first to break, but when the car hits you, it still hits you with all KE it had. Regardless Tony tanked both.

also do you mean the vid thing raj posted awhile back? Because it never said crust it said surface which is basically the moment you dig through the ground you're breaking through the surface

You've seen IW script?

The surface of the planet officially means crust, now while informally it could refer to that as well, the crust would perfectly explain completely what took him few minutes to return, since we know that he was not knocked out, as the script does not mention it

I personally did not read it but i heard that Tony being knocked out was never mentioned in it, just in one tie in a book, destiny arrives i think, which is non-canon

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad:

Yeah the meteor hitting him before smashing into something is not close to the same as when it impacts the ground,

hence why people can survive being hit by a car but place a larger surface and well,

It is the same mass, moving at that speed, hitting him, but he tanked both, sure it is more dangerous when a car crushes you against something since it will crush your limbs, the reason is you can't go through the wall, car pushes forward, you are first to break, but when the car hits you, it still hits you with all KE it had. Regardless Tony tanked both.

also do you mean the vid thing raj posted awhile back? Because it never said crust it said surface which is basically the moment you dig through the ground you're breaking through the surface

The surface of the planet officially means crust, now while informally it could refer to that as well, the crust would perfectly explain completely what took him few minutes to return, since we know that he was not knocked out, as the script does not mention it

Really then why does an egg or a glass not break when falling before it hits the ground if it's the same force? Why did the meteor not break when it hit Iron Man even though as you said his armor is tougher than Rock and it's the same force , so why did'nt the meteor get damaged at all when it strcuk Tony? That's because it's not close to the same

The surface is from ground level where we stand down to 5-70 km deep, from the very moment you break through the ground even a single foot you've gone beneath the surface

Even if he was'nt ko'd saying he nosold it is a massive reach

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's already survived worse than a Davy Crocket and plenty of others so the answer is yes if you mean to say at least one nuke, he gets atomized by a Tsar Bomba if you mean to say any nuke.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

Really then why does an egg or a glass not break when falling before it hits the ground if it's the same force? Why did the meteor not break when it hit Iron Man even though as you said his armor is tougher than Rock and it's the same force , so why did'nt the meteor get damaged at all when it strcuk Tony? That's because it's not close to the same

Cause while falling it does not experience any force besides gravity pulling it down, but if you punch it, it can break at the moment of punch easily.

We don't even know did that metoer break when it hit the ground, we never saw it break, did we?

The surface is from ground level where we stand down to 5-70 km deep, from the very moment you break through the ground even a single foot you've gone beneath the surface

"The surface of the planet, where we live, is called the crust—it's actually a very thin layer, just 70 kilometers deep at its thickest point. "

It is a 70 km big layer, to go truly bellow it you must go below 70 km, otherwise, you only went below one part of the surface, if Tony sent more than 70 km below it, meaning bellow entire surface layer, it would explain perfectly why it took him few minutes to come back.

Tank pretty easily, maybe that is a better term?

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Baalhaddad

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad:

Cause while falling it does ot experience any force besides gravity pulling it down, but if you punch it, it can break at the moment of punch easily.

We don't even know did that metoer break when it hit the ground, we never saw it break, did we?

"The surface of the planet, where we live, is called the crust—it's actually a very thin layer, just 70 kilometers deep at its thickest point. "

It is a 70 km big layer, go truly bellow it you must go below 70 km, otherwise, you only went below one part of it, if Tony sent more than 70 km below the surface of Titan, that would explain perfectly why it took him few minutes to come back.

Tank pretty easily, maybe that is a better term?

So the impact was so weak it could'nt destroy a rock that size?

Except nowhere was it stated he went " Truly Below " it, it was simply stated he went beneath the surface, which is a term which literally means beneath the ground

Once again once you break where your feet are and go down you've gone beneath the surface

I think it's best we agree to disagree

Nice talk though, i thought you'd left the site, i hope all is well

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

Except nowhere was it stated he went " Truly Below " it, it was simply stated he went beneath the surface, which is a term which literally means beneath the ground Once again onve you break where your feet are and go down you've gone bemeath the surface

Or rock was that durable? Didn't Thanos struggle/used full effort to destroy that moon, despite fact that power stone can bust the planet?

No, since the ground is not the entire surface, it was said that he went below the surface, which means the entire layer that is considered surface, it was never said he only went below ground or just the upper part of the surface layer.

Sure.

Left, why, what gave you that idea?

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad:

Except nowhere was it stated he went " Truly Below " it, it was simply stated he went beneath the surface, which is a term which literally means beneath the ground Once again onve you break where your feet are and go down you've gone bemeath the surface

Or rock was that durable? Didn't Thanos struggle/used full effort to destroy that moon, despite fact that power stone can bust the planet?

No, since the ground is not the entire surface, it was said that he went below the surface, which means the entire layer that is considered surface, it was never said he only went below ground or just the upper part of the surface layer.

Sure.

Left, why, what gave you that idea?

The PS has never busted a planet, it's best feat is the moon feat followed by Surface wiping a planet ( which is below moon level)

Yeah it never said the entire surface, it just said beneath the surface, which is a definiton given to the moment you break through the ground

Have'nt seen you in many MCU related threads lately, aswell as traffic has died down a bit, so i figured some users ( including you) had quit

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

The PS has never busted a planet, it's best feat is the moon feat followed by Surface wiping a planet ( which is below moon level)

First, to correct you bit there, surface wiping is moon+ level, NW confirmed it himself here, the reason is distance blast would need to cover to destroy it I assume.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/saitama-tatsumaki-and-fubuki-vs-world-breaker-hulk-2179066/

And second, didn't Thanos destroy the planet with it off-screen?

Yeah it never said the entire surface, it just said beneath the surface, which is a definiton given to the moment you break through the ground

No, since that is not surface then, if you say you went below something, that must mean the entire thing, since otherwise, you would not really go below it, just below one small part of it

Have'nt seen you in many MCU related threads lately, aswell as traffic has died down a bit, so i figured some users ( including you) had quit

traffic?

Well yeah, i had some things to deal with personally and i was more focused on some other threads there while i was on.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@baalhaddad:

First, to correct you bit there, surface wiping is moon+ level, NW confirmed it himself here, the reason is distance blast would need to cover to destroy it I assume.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/saitama-tatsumaki-and-fubuki-vs-world-breaker-hulk-2179066/

And second, didn't Thanos destroy the planet with it off-screen?

No, since that is not surface then, if you say you went below something, that must mean the entire thing, since otherwise, you would not really go below it, just below one small part of it

traffic?

Well yeah, i had some things to deal with personally and i was more focused on some other threads there while i was on.

That's surface busting and i'm talking about surface wiping, the latter is what the PS does not the former

What planet, you mean Xandar? Thor said he decimated it, but we have no idea what he did or how long he took to do so

When talking about something digging/smashing through the ground, beneath the surface literally means from the moment you dig/smash from ground level down to what ever depth that follows, no where was it stated he went below the entire surface but beneath the surface

By traffic i meant the amount and how often users would post

Cool

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheOmniDoctor

Inb4 MCU Iron Man > New 52 Superman

Avatar image for deactivated-60eee22feddcf
deactivated-60eee22feddcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eredin12

@baalhaddad:

That's surface busting and i'm talking about surface wiping, the latter is what the PS does not the former

Wiping just means to completely remove/delete something, wiping the surface is busting it and that is what power stone did.

What planet, you mean Xandar? Thor said he decimated it, but we have no idea what he did or how long he took to do so

It tells us that power stone can destroy the planet, irrc also Ronan was going to use it for that, and together with all other stones, it can destroy even universe.

When talking about something digging/smashing through the ground, beneath the surface literally means from the moment you dig/smash from ground level down to what ever depth that follows, no where was it stated he went below the entire surface but beneath the surface

This is as faulty as saying if a person exits the house, he did not go completely out of the house, just partially, then it would say he went out of the room, not out of a house, nowhere was ground mentioned, just surface, the surface is a layer,70 km big one, if you go beneath it, you need to go bneth 70 km, saying you went beneath surface means entire surface otherwise you would not go beneath it, just beneath one small part of it and that is not all, fact that Tony took few minutes to return further proves that interpretation is correct.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on which nuke

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pandaemperoriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why not

THORWINS1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no he most definitely could not

THORWINS1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorwins1875: What gave you the idea that i care for you vs wiki tier calcs D2therJ?

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the nuke

MB4o Tsar Bomba -_-

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Radiation and temperature alone would atomize him, nevermind the actual force of a nuke

THORWINS1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

What gave you the idea that i care for you vs wiki tier calcs D2therJ?

quantifiable data > your imaginary fanboy headcanons

another easy debunk on comicvines worst poster

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are definitely nukes he can tank....and there are some he likely couldn’t.

BigMoistJunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tsunamiwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah

Kinginrags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Radiation and temperature alone would atomize him, nevermind the actual force of a nuke

This.

TheVampHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL some of you stans are ridiculous. So, Tony can survive a nuke, but he can't take getting punched the fuck out by Thanos? Unless ya'll think Thanos' punches are >>>>> nuke level?

THORWINS1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By THORWINS1875
AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They’re are dozens of different nukes with different yields radiation, etc, so this is a wanky question but if we’re talking about anything above hirushima absolutely not he’s vaped. Iron man durability is not that great and the bomb in avengers 1 is a basic ICMB and that would vaporize him to this day.

Those saying yes are all the dumb MCU fans, trying to equate that giant Boulder hitting him with a nuke when

1. The impact force of the Boulder is comical

2. Explosions and giant rocks are not comparable at all No fire, no shockwave, no radiation, etc

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peyton-m: The first time he regen'd his helmet where did he pull his nanites from? Because i don't see any missing parts there?

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By macleen

Gets vaporized

solo788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"point blank"

No

Avatar image for deactivated-60b590e543be8
deactivated-60b590e543be8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL some of you stans are ridiculous. So, Tony can survive a nuke, but he can't take getting punched the fuck out by Thanos? Unless ya'll think Thanos' punches are >>>>> nuke level?

Two different kind of durability.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sportjames23: Thanos hits harder than the meteor that didn't destroy Tony's armor, at the very least. He can hurt Thor who can tank stronger blasts than any nuke, so yeah he hits harder.