Could IW Thor Cut Naruto In Half With Stormbreaker?

• 60 results
blue_marvel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Could IW Thor Cut Naruto In Half With Stormbreaker? (50 votes)

yes 48%
no 52%

could he cut eos naruto in half with stormbreaker if he was given a free shot?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Naruto have any special piercing resistance?

GintamaExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no. He tanked a country level piercing attack that cut a hollow moon in half, unharmed.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Naruto have any special piercing resistance?

More than any DCEU or MCU character.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pmcinelly784

@gintamaexpert said:

Hell no. He tanked a country level piercing attack that cut a hollow moon in half, unharmed.

That was an energy attack though, and he blocked it by focusing all of his chakra from the nine-tails into his hand. Basically, he blocked it with energy, which is what the Stormbreaker has shown to be exceptionally good at going through.

It went through the completed infinity gauntlet's beam, it should be able to go through any defense Naruto puts up. Without those Chakra defenses, he doesn't have the natural durability to keep himself from getting cleaved in half

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this split durability thing is cancer naruto no sells it and bashes in tho's head

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

It would leave a paper cut on him. Probably with no blood coming out of it either.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Supermanforever

in base form? yes. If chakra cloak is activated not in a country mile.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto has blocked energy attacks, however, he has also been pierced quite easily by nothing more than a simple Kunai.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Malzahaar

@rr79: He tanked Chidori while off Guard.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto excels against Explosive, energy, and blunt attacks, but lacks a lot of piercing durability feats.

I can see this hurting him and piercing him, but i don't see it killing him. He can just pop it out and heal from it in a few seconds.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: He tanked Chidori while off Guard.

Which is, again, an energy attack.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: It's a peircing attack.

By your logic SB is energy based as well.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: i don't think a Kunai would cut him.

In his Four tails state, he wasn't cut by Orochimaru's blade, which is apparently the strongest blade in the naruto franchise (excluding the Totsuka).

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: i don't think a Kunai would cut him.

In his Four tails state, he wasn't cut by Orochimaru's blade, which is apparently the strongest blade in the naruto franchise (excluding the Totsuka).

Doesn't matter if you think it would or not when it HAS done so both on screen and on panel.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: yeah. To kid Naruto in base state.

Not in Shippuden or Boruto. The only time he was pierced in this time was with Sasuke's sword, which is possibly stronger than Orochimaru's

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: yeah. To kid Naruto in base state.

Not in Shippuden or Boruto. The only time he was pierced in this time was with Sasuke's sword, which is possibly stronger than Orochimaru's

Um yes, he has been pierced by Kunai in Shippuden. I don't watch Boruto though(at least not after the 8th or 9th episode anyway, I got bored with it), so can't say if he was in Boruto.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sladerulez

@rr79: when did a kunai cut him in Shippuden?

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: when did a kunai cut him in Shippuden?

I don't remember the exact fight and don't have time to look it up right now. I am about to be leaving, but maybe when I get home I will attempt to find it.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: alright, cause as far as I know, he resisted Orochimaru's blade, the blade of multiple disguised Zetsu the Stalagmites at Mt. Myoboku, and Pain's chakra rods (with Senjutsu).

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Heres a gif of naruto being stabbed in Kurama form.

In this specific case, Sasuke had already brought his sword into Naruto's Kurama cloak, but it shows that he definitely can be pierced.

The trouble is in determining whether or not Stormbreaker can get through his chakra cloak, which I think it should be able to do considering he went through a beam from the completed infinity gauntlet.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His base form gets bisected.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pmcinelly784: well, here's the thing.

Sasuke's blade has gotten a lot of arguments for and Against it, saying that it's made out of a unique material, we know it's a type of Chakra metal, but that's it.

And Four tails was not pierced By Orochimaru's blade

Narutogen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto characters are above MCU paygrade but their piercing durability is poor. They can tank nuke like energy bombs but still get pierced by regular ninja tools. They are like Wonder Woman in a way.

No Caption Provided

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People forget that Sasuke's blade managed to easily tank the force of Momoshiki (Fused) smashing his hammer against it without a crack, it's clearly not normal material.

Naruto blinks and solos the MCU and DCEU with laughable ease.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos239: This isn't a fight thread chaos, this is a hypothetical situation. You aren't adding anything to the conversation by saying "Derr naruto solos MCU and DCU". We all know that in a fight thor would be destroyed.

@sladerulez: I'm assuming we're equalizing the verse, but Stormbreaker was able to nullify a likely planet-level full infinity gauntlet blast with absolute ease. It didn't even reflect it like Naruto did with that moon-cutter technique, it took the whole blast. I forget what it's made of but it shouldn't break on impact with Naruto, and I think by feats it should be able to get through his cloak

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos239 said:

@pmcinelly784: Naruto solos fiction with a single tail.

lol, hundreds of fictional characters might disagree

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pmcinelly784: lol at stormbreaker being planetary. OT, base form gets pierced as ninja are casual human level at base form in terms of piercing. With cloak nope.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: I'm saying it can nullify planet-level energy attacks, not that it in itself is planetary. Kind of like kamijou touma, he can nullify universal attacks but he's not even wall-level

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malzahaar: Ah I see, Naruto vs giant dull Stone Spikes. Super resistant to piercing in base

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: I'm saying it can nullify planet-level energy attacks, not that it in itself is planetary. Kind of like kamijou touma, he can nullify universal attacks but he's not even wall-level

But there was no planet level attack. That was just casual street level energy blast. Thanos got caught ofguard.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Malzahaar
pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos239 said:

@pmcinelly784: Naruto is > Itachi who one shots Omnipotents.

Itachi > Sasuke (w hax) > Naruto > Itachi > Sasuke (w hax) > Naruto > Itachi > Sasuke (w hax) > Naruto > Itachi > Sasuke (w hax) > Naruto

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In base he likely gets pierced, with his cloak probably not. Naruto characters don't have the best piercing durability overall though.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pmcinelly784

@malzahaar: Scan 1 - He fell onto giant dull stone spikes, I would hardly call this a notable piercing feat

Scan 2 - He caught the blade in its entirety and stopped it, it's not like he grabbed the sharp end of the blade, it would have been a pretty good feat if he had though

Scan 3 - He was in Chakra form (Stormbreaker could get through that imo, but it's debatable)

Also, a false feat because he grabbed them with his chakra hands that you cant see in the scan you posted

No Caption Provided

Scan 4 - Sasuke's energy attack?

Not a bad feat, but Naruto was So6p moded up and resisted the attack quite a bit with his cloak.

Conclusion: Consistent piercing resistance my butt, it looks like these were pulled from a reddit thread or something

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malzahaar: Scan 1 - He fell onto giant dull stone spikes, I would hardly call this a notable piercing feat

Weren't dull

Scan 2 - He caught the blade in its entirety and stopped it, it's not like he grabbed the sharp end of the blade, it would have been a pretty good feat if he had though

Give you that one.

Scan 3 - He was in Chakra form (Stormbreaker could get through that imo, but it's debatable)

No it can't, no it's not.

Also, a false feat because he grabbed them with his chakra hands that you cant see in the scan you posted

No Caption Provided

You should watch the scene I know you did since you got this from youtube, he blocks, then grabs, then tosses them.

Scan 4 - Sasuke's energy attack?

Sasuke's piercing attack? Do you watch Naruto?

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pmcinelly784: yet, he has a point. Sasuke's sword has shown to have greater physical feats than Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker was designed to be a direct counter to the Infinity Gauntlet, which in itself doesn't even have Planetary DC to begin with, excluding the finger snap. So Naruto should be able to tank it full power or heal from it fairly easily

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: It wasn't designed to be a direct counter to the infinity Gauntlet, it was designed to be wielded by Odin and to have ultimate power, the mold was already made before Thanos even got the Gauntlet. I can see the confusion though. Also by feats, the power stone which it uses destroyed Xandar and it could easily tear apart the surface of the moon. The reality stone made a short reality in which Titan was a thriving planet, and was stated in thor:dark world to be able to destroy the 9 realms. Over-all it's extremely likely the blast had at least planetary DC, if not higher.

Of course, that's my opinion, but I think the gauntlet which harnesses the power of all of the infinity stones should be stronger than each individual one.

Through discourse, with his chakra cloak up I could possibly be convinced that it wouldn't "Cut Naruto in Half" per-se, but I still think it would kill him, or that he would barely survive

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pmcinelly784: fair enough. I forgot that part.

It was never confirmed if it destroyed Xandar or just killed off everyone there. The MCU is never clear with this.

And also, how impressive is the Moon feat supposed to be when Titan itself is a moon. And there's 62 other moons around it which can sometimes be literally only a kilometer wide.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malzahaar:

The spikes were huge, and from another angle, it's evident that he just broke the spikes which were made out of stone once again. They broke at the base too, it's not as if the tips of the spikes were crushed when he fell on them or anything

No Caption Provided

I might be able to accept this as a piercing durability feat but it is nothing compared to Stormbreaker so I don't find it very relevant

It looks like he blocks it from Hinata's point of view but then when it pans you can see that he caught it with chakra hands. Either way, basic ninja sword vs Naruto's chakra cloak. Once again, not a relevant piercing feat.

I say sasuke's energy attack to emphasize that Naruto has insane all-around energy-resistance feats, and very low-end piercing resistance feats.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: I dunno about that actually. Titan is referred to as a planet a few times, and theres no way it could be the moon of Saturn like in the comics. Possibly continuity errors, but most likely MCU /= comics

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pmcinelly784: actually, claiming it as a planet doesn't mean it is.

I mean, even Asgard is referred to as a planet, yet lacks the traits of a real planet.

and they didn't take too long to get there. Meaning, it's most likely in the Solar System.

And the Gravity was lower there.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sladerulez: I don't remember asgard ever being referred to as a planet

Also, Titan was gravity-wonky because it was spinning in a weird way or something (idk it's science fiction lol), not because it had less mass than a planet. Also it had previously sustained life, and was a desert planet which logically shouldn't make sense if it was moon-sized or Saturn's moon.

At the very least I think it should be in another solar system like the MCU wiki says it is. I feel like it would have been mentioned somewhere by someone if Titan was just one of Saturn's moons

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pmcinelly784: yeah, cause it orbits a planet, not the sun itself.

And Korg refers it as a planet.

And it's gonna look big, it's bigger than Mercury.

It's generally the size of a small planet, but isn't as dense and has Dozens of smaller moons nearby.

And why would anyone trust the Wiki? Wasn't it the Wiki that said amaterasu is hotter than a sun?

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto getting pierced in Boruto has nothing to do with the sword, it's the force driving the sword. In this case, some dude's magnetism.

And attempts to lowball this can be ignored, being Naruto no sold being driven through a forest with a sword thrust in his 4 tail state. The force of the magnetism piercing his 9 tail state obviously had to be significantly higher than that, but the 4 tail feat alone is enough to no sell Thor.