Fight Takes Place At Metropolis

Who Will Win And Why?

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Doomsday will, Spidey was unskilled with his powers at this time and is notorious for holding back. An example of this was when he knocked Hulk into orbit accidentally and then rescued him during that story arc. Holding back against Doomsday would be bad news.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: He's never held back since then. His best feat was one-shotting a known Avengers-buster by the name of Graviton.

Cosmic spiderman is in a completely different weight class.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: Graviton is a villain with power levels on par with or below Magneto, Doomsday is on an entirely different playing field than that.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: No, he really isn't magneto level when he can solo the west coast avengers. Its actually commonly accepted that Graviton is above Magneto.

Regardless, both are dust mites compared to Cosmic Spider-Man.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: Magneto has also taken down teams of Avengers at times, as well as stalemating Thor. The most popular opinion is that Graviton has more raw power, whereas Magneto has a more refined skillset. Regardless, they are on a fairly similar level. Both pale in comparison to Doomsday. Spiderman's entire history is about him holding back with a very few exceptions, such as Grim Hunt or Back in Black. It's part of his nature. He never displayed any feats to think that he could beat down someone the caliber of Doomsday, and only idle conjecture could make the case for him doing so.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit said:

Doomsday will, Spidey was unskilled with his powers at this time and is notorious for holding back. An example of this was when he knocked Hulk into orbit accidentally and then rescued him during that story arc. Holding back against Doomsday would be bad news.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: Then I really don't you understand Spider-Man's character if you think morals are going to restrict Parker in this fight. They only apply to people who are less powerful than him. Heralds do not get that benefit from Parker.

Not to mention that Parker can one-shot high-end Heralds without much effort.

As strong as Doomsday is, even he can't one shot Heralds. Despite the hype, he still struggles with Superman level opponents.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: what evidence do you have that Spidey can one-shot herald-level characters? What evidence do you offer that shows that he can take down someone with the durability to tank the omega beams or shots from Superman-and-greater level physical characters, not to mention his adaptative abilities?

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with Spider-Man. IIRC, he was able to create adamantium webbing. Incapacitation for the win

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit:

what evidence do you have that Spidey can one-shot herald-level characters?

To put that in perspective...

Spider-Man was able to one-shot a guy who can handily beat the Avengers and tank Thor's hits. And beat Thor handily of course.

If you don't know much about Cosmic Spider-Man, then why are you supporting Doomsday here?

What evidence do you offer that shows that he can take down someone with the durability to tank the omega beams or shots from Superman-and-greater level physical characters, not to mention his adaptative abilities?

The fact that he one-shots people who are already on Doomsday's level. His physicals are basic for a Herald level (Moving at the speed of light, million ton range strength, etc.), but his energy manipulation is off the charts. If it were a basic H2H fight, I'd give the win to Doomsday, but Cosmic Spider-Man's other abilities are just too much for Doomsday to handle.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: the fact of the matter is that you are vastly overrating Graviton's abilities, he is not a herald level character, and he has not demonstrated anything close to the durability of Doomsday. Yes, at his initial introduction he was a team buster, but like many villains his initial showings were his best, and he has also lost to Thor. Cosmic Spidey never displayed any abilities with the destructive capacity as the omega beams, which Doomsday has tanked. Doomsday has the proven speed and destructive capabilities to out Spidey down, and Spidey does not have the necessary feats to show that he can bypass Doomsday's insane durability.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers