#1 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Sy8000 (34809 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he beat Wolverine so he should make it to Spider-Man. He might get webbed up there. Beats Namor pretty easily. Don't see how he could beat Carnage who can heal from slashes. At best it would be a stalemate because of his healing/immortality considering he healed from getting turned to ash, but he was also knocked out by Rogue with punches that didn't do anywhere near that kind of damage to him so I'm not sure most writers take that into account. Carnage can also just restrain or suffocate him.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#3 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (6788 posts) - - Show Bio

Carnage

#4 Posted by King-Ragnar (3267 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely stops at Namor, don't see him beating Cletus at all.

#5 Posted by Noone1996 (10825 posts) - - Show Bio

Even without a healing factor Namor should not be below Carnage... Let alone Mr. Fantastic. Maybe it's because without his healing factor the glaive's piercing power would be less effective against Richards' elastic ability or Carnage's symbiotic healing/damage soak. If that's the case, I get it. They probably have a higher resistance to piercing attacks, although I don't really see why Corvus wouldn't be able to take Cletus' head right off or cut him in half and be done with it.

As for the battle, Corvus would likely stop in a really hard fight at Grey Hulk due to his healing factor. Although I could see him dancing around Fixit like he did with Big Angry:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
This would probably only delay the inevitable. Grey Hulk would eventually grab him, break his bones, and then break the glaive over his head.

#6 Edited by Noone1996 (10825 posts) - - Show Bio

@king-ragnar: He had the strength to draw blood from Rogue with a knee to the face, so even if you think an atom cutting glaive which fodderized Hyperion and managed to cut Hulk won't do much to Carnage's symbiote, he can still wreck him with superior striking power.

No Caption Provided

She had the powers of Wonder Man at the time by the way.

#7 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

Even without a healing factor Namor should not be below Carnage... Let alone Mr. Fantastic. Maybe it's because without his healing factor the glaive's piercing power would be less effective against Richards' elastic ability or Carnage's symbiotic healing/damage soak. If that's the case, I get it. They probably have a higher resistance to piercing attacks, although I don't really see why Corvus wouldn't be able to take Cletus' head right off or cut him in half and be done with it.

As for the battle, Corvus would likely stop in a really hard fight at Grey Hulk due to his healing factor. Although I could see him dancing around Fixit like he did with Big Angry:

This would probably only delay the inevitable. Grey Hulk would eventually grab him, break his bones, and then break the glaive over his head.

That is the reason. I don't see why Corvus would struggle with Namor.

#8 Posted by cromulor (1857 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Carnage in stalemate

#9 Posted by huthimamwa (2308 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't recall him doing anything that suggests he could beat Namor. Clears 1-4 without much trouble. Spidey makes him worm for it. Namor stops him.

#10 Posted by Noone1996 (10825 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for chicago_bastard
#11 Posted by chicago_bastard (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Black Widow. Oh it's the comic version, my fault. Then he can make it to Namor.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#12 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5559 posts) - - Show Bio

if he has the speed to tag i feel like he should reach abomination.

#13 Posted by huthimamwa (2308 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Brush it off? Probably not. I think it wouldn't one-shot him. And I also think Namor is more than capable of returning a strike or two that Corvus won't be brushing off.

#14 Posted by terry2012 (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at 9 or 10.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#15 Posted by hurricanefunnel (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at 6 based on the comment[s]

#16 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4039 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Noone1996 (10825 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Hyperion was pretty useless with the glaive stuck in his chest. He couldn't pull it out until Corvus let go. He is seen for like 3 pages standing there wincing in pain. Regardless, even if Namor returned hits I doubt it'd take Corvus out as fast as you say since he tanked hits from Rogue who had Wonder Man's strength at the time.

#18 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Hyperion was pretty useless with the glaive stuck in his chest. He couldn't pull it out until Corvus let go. He is seen for like 3 pages standing there wincing in pain. Regardless, even if Namor returned hits I doubt it'd take Corvus out as fast as you say since he tanked hits from Rogue who had Wonder Man's strength at the time.

Well , if Classic feats are allowed I am pretty sure Namor can take him out , Classic Namor > Wonder Man.

#19 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
#20 Posted by justicethorpsylocke (3035 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'd stop at 9 or 10.

By the way, Namor isn't amped during Aaron's Avengers. He was doing so well against them due to being underwater.

#21 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, Namor isn't amped during Aaron's Avengers. He was doing so well against them due to being underwater.

Has this been confirmed?

#22 Posted by justicethorpsylocke (3035 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@justicethorpsylocke said:

Has this been confirmed?

Namor says in the fight that he's stronger due to the his rage, which isn't really an amp so much as a mindset for the battle:

No Caption Provided

Whereas in the next issue on land Namor gets completely laid up by discount Thor and Chernobog (scan 1), two guys who later in the issue were getting pummeled by She-Hulk alone (scan 2). This version of She-Hulk was likewise matched by the same underwater Namor from the previous issue (scan 3).

This is backed up by how Tony says "I forgot how fast he is in the water" implying that being in the water is what was making him so dangerous.

I am using a bit of speculation here, but I think it's safe to say this current Namor isn't performing at such a higher level than before that there has to be some implied amp.

#23 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@the_red_devil said:

@jashro44: Classic feats allowed for Namor ?

Sure.

With Classic feats I should say Corvius stops at him , the guy was holding his own against Hulk and Hercules back in the day (Outside water too).

He should be above Grey Hulk in the list too.

#24 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by justicethorpsylocke (3035 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Normally he shouldn't, but Namor says "your hammer isn't what it used to be" which implies that Mjolnir would not have been so easy to catch.

#26 Posted by Noone1996 (10825 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_devil: Namor already lost to Wonder Man. Even if we agree that they've been amped in modern times, Simon beat him in the classic era.

#27 Edited by The_Red_Devil (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_devil: Namor already lost to Wonder Man. Even if we agree that they've been amped in modern times, Simon beat him in the classic era.

Well keeping in mind he fought fair with Hulk , Hercules and Thing (Outside water) , which kinda of makes losing to someone like WM a low showing.

#28 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

It really doesn't matter how strong Namor is IMO. Honestly I put him that high because I know people would complain about putting a high tier below street levelers but we all know Corvus can cut Namor. His weapon literally slices atoms, so I see Namor being sliced like butter. He is faster and more skilled and his weapon gives him more reach. I honestly think any of the previous 4 rounds would be tougher.

I know this is my thread but I really see no good reason Namor would beat Corvus. And reading the thread the only argument I am seeing for Namor is that is really strong which shouldn't matter. The only thing Namor has going for him is there is water in the location he can use to heal himself.

#29 Posted by Noone1996 (10825 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_devil: Read what Jashro typed out above. The ultimate point is that Namor is not lasting long at all because he cannot one-shot while Corvus pretty much can.

#30 Posted by SmoothSanta (2026 posts) - - Show Bio

He could clear it. It took a serious Hyperion to put him down during Infinity.