Corvus Corax vs Konrad Curze(WH40k battle)

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#1 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (5288 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Both are in character but are serious.
  • Victory or death! The battle only ends when one stands triumphantly over the other's corpse!
  • Standard gear.
  • Fight takes place on an abandoned Emperor Class battleship. The power is out and so everything is completely dark. I doubt that will matter since they're Primarchs but still helps the atmosphere! They start out of sight and on opposite ends of the ship.

Who wins?

#2 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (5288 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Wut (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say? Kurze has better feats, but Corax was pretty sure he could take on Curze and Lorgar if he was in his normal condition [when he ran into them, he was in rough shape. His jump pack was damaged, he wasn't in great shape and had just found out he had been betrayed by all of them]. He did run from Kurze, but that wasn't because he was afraid of Kurze, he was afraid of the reflection Kurze represented, what Corax could become if he isn't careful that spooked him.

So.. its Batman vs Street Legend Batman [Real Batman vs what the criminals believe Batman to be like].

I prefer Corax, Raven Guard are my favorite loyalist, but honestly, either one could win.

Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
#4 Posted by Super_Saiyan_Devil (1763 posts) - - Show Bio

Curze probably. He managed to not die in a fight against both Guilliman AND the Lion at once, and the Lion is one of the top tier duelists among Primarchs iirc.

#5 Edited by decaf_wizard (17116 posts) - - Show Bio

Either one could win, but I'd be willing to bet on Corax taking it, especially because he can use his psychic potential in an actually somewhat beneficial way. That and Kurze is a psycho and unstable at the best of times

@wut said:

I prefer Corax, Raven Guard are my favorite loyalist, but honestly, either one could win.

So you like the edgy meme bird ninjas, why am I not surprised

Dark Angels ftw

#6 Edited by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah: Konrad horribly stomps poor Corvus. But since there's a Thanos thread where you've mentioned Lorgar being the second most powerful Primarch after Magnus, my response is that he's definitely the most evil and even superior to all his brothers when not alone, but I remember that Lorgar was the only Primarch who wanted to be a scholar rather than a warrior, and despite being a lot powerful, like when he forced Angron to become a Daemon Prince in a story which reminds me of the following video, he still got a hard beating by Corvus, who's one of the weakest Primarchs just like his Legion and that's why he's relying on stealth, contrary to Konrad who despite the obvious similarities is actually terrorising but not necessarily while hiding, and Konrad saved the humiliated Lorgar at the last moment. Leman Russ > Lion el'Johnson > Konrad > Vulkan > Rogal Dorn > Perturabo > Ferrus Manus > Fulgrim > Roboute Guilliman by the way. This might be wrong but that's my impression of rankings, with Sanguinius probably being at the very top which is why he actually helped Emperor killed Horus in his quick but heroic death when he sacrificed himself to defeat Horus, whose status as the chosen of Chaos made him significantly more powerful than before evn if I think he was lame like his successor Failabaddon the (H)Armless.

Loading Video...

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/thanos-vs-warhammer-40k-2030005/

Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
#7 Posted by Super_Saiyan_Devil (1763 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah: Konrad horribly stomps poor Corvus. But since there's a Thanos thread where you've mentioned Lorgar being the second most powerful Primarch after Magnus, my response is that he's definitely the most evil and even superior to all his brothers when not alone, but I remember that Lorgar was the only Primarch who wanted to be a scholar rather than a warrior, and despite being a lot powerful, like when he forced Angron to become a Daemon Prince in a story which reminds me of the following video, he still got a hard beating by Corvus, who's one of the weakest Primarchs just like his Legion and that's why he's relying on stealth, contrary to Konrad who despite the obvious similarities is actually terrorising but not necessarily while hiding, and Konrad saved the humiliated Lorgar at the last moment. Leman Russ > Lion el'Johnson > Konrad > Vulkan > Rogal Dorn > Perturabo > Ferrus Manus > Fulgrim > Roboute Guilliman by the way. This might be wrong but that's my impression of rankings, with Sanguinius probably being at the very top which is why he actually helped Emperor killed Horus in his quick but heroic death when he sacrificed himself to defeat Horus, whose status as the chosen of Chaos made him significantly more powerful than before evn if I think he was lame like his successor Failabaddon the (H)Armless.

Loading Video...

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/thanos-vs-warhammer-40k-2030005/

This order seems really off to me.

#8 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (5288 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: I'm not going to derail this thread about Magnus but I will say that he was the most scholarly of his brothers along with Lorgar and probably Perturabo. I mean the guy nearly started a battle with the Space Wolves over a library. Although many of them were to at least some degree.

Regardless of all that, what makes you think Curze stomps?

#9 Posted by decaf_wizard (17116 posts) - - Show Bio

Leman Russ > Lion el'Johnson > Konrad > Vulkan > Rogal Dorn > Perturabo > Ferrus Manus > Fulgrim > Roboute Guilliman by the way.

This entire thing is meme worthy, seeing as Fulgrim > Ferrus and Lion > Leman are already established things

#10 Posted by decaf_wizard (17116 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (5288 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: Uhh that pic is cool and all, but that doesn't really explain how Konrad wins, much less stomps.

#13 Posted by Wut (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard: For some odd reason, I really love the beak helmets. Honestly, can't even explain why, I just really like them. They also have an awesome color scheme.

#14 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Killerwasp (17495 posts) - - Show Bio

Konrad would or should win due to having equal stats but being slightly faster all while being about equal in skills

#17 Edited by Six-Deuce (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard: pffft...marines are for sissies. DKoK ftw. In regards to topic, I would back Corvus due to unconventional fight style being a good counter to Kurze's mental state. Could easily go the other way though.

#18 Posted by Six-Deuce (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: the greatest primarch is the twins because they are x2. 8p

#19 Edited by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@six-deuce: Yeah but Alpharius and Omegon are also so little that they were confused for Space Marines, even if their brothers were towering over them, such as fellow Primarch Lion el'Johnson who was officially stated to be ten feet tall, which is further from a Space Marine's height than an Imperial Guardsman's. And Alpha Legion's twin Primarchs where actually the greatest cowards among their brothers and probably rightfully so, with Lorgar, Roboute Guilliman, Fulgrim, Perturabo and Jaghatai Khan following them before Konrad and Corvus who have been quite brave despite their stealthy tactics. The rest are so brave that in comparison, the Emperor himself looks like a traitor who regrets ever helping humanity while desiring to hide into an empty void hidden within the warp at any given opportunity.

#20 Posted by Six-Deuce (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: I was only joking....your rebuke was worth it however. No disrespect, but is english a secondary language? Your dialogue tends to wax heavily poetic.

#21 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@six-deuce: Yeah I'm Greek. Could you please point out any of my grammar errors so that I learn to avoid them next time? And being poetic is indicative of having good knowledge of English rather than lacking it.

#22 Posted by Six-Deuce (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: true points, I was not trying to be derogatory. It is the length and amount of different points you put in each sentence that gave it away. Btw, I made a Gregor Eisenhorn vs Boba fett battle if you are interested. I thought it an interesting match. Thanks.

#23 Edited by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@six-deuce: No I never thought you're derogatory since it's not bad to learn English as a second language. But since I've been using it a lot, please tell me what's wrong with my grammar since I don't want people to be prejudiced against me just because I'm Greek. For example, I'm very interested in American politics, and I can't believe there aren't enough Americans voting as they should in this thread:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mitt-romney-vs-vladimir-putin-1976168/

#24 Posted by Keenko (5203 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m rooting for Corax

#25 Posted by Six-Deuce (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: eh, that thread is funny but it has nothing to do with American politics.

#26 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Six-Deuce (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@banecapital: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/can-gregor-eisenhorn-hunt-boba-fett-2033157/

#28 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by MErulezall (3837 posts) - - Show Bio

@wut said:

Hard to say? Kurze has better feats, but Corax was pretty sure he could take on Curze and Lorgar if he was in his normal condition [when he ran into them, he was in rough shape. His jump pack was damaged, he wasn't in great shape and had just found out he had been betrayed by all of them]. He did run from Kurze, but that wasn't because he was afraid of Kurze, he was afraid of the reflection Kurze represented, what Corax could become if he isn't careful that spooked him.

So.. its Batman vs Street Legend Batman [Real Batman vs what the criminals believe Batman to be like].

This. Although Raven Guard is trash.

#30 Posted by BaneCapital (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

@merulezall: Space Marine Legions have been repeatedly stated to be reflections of their Primarchs, so Raven Guard being weak is certainly indicative of Corvus Corax. Konrad hated his own legion just because he hated himself, but he still was unbeatable until he understood that his fall to Chaos was inevitable and that's why he jobbed to the mortal assassin who killed him. There have been nine traitor Primarchs. Four of them were specifically connected to one of the four Chaos gods, one (Petrurabo) was autistic just like his sworn enemy (Rogal Dorn) who had obsessively attempted to be his rival in their similar engineering skills, one (Alpharius and his twin Omegon) was mysterious and served the Cabal which had plans that have been superior to those of the Emperor or Chaos, one (Horus) was the chosen heir of his father who had been betrayed after his promotion which was more than it was supposed to be so he chose the evil side because of his responsibility to his fellow warriors and the fact that he was unlucky enough to be connected to the bad guys rather than the good ones, one (Lorgar) was deceived into believing the Emperor was a god and upon realising that he wasn't he sought answers elsewhere and worshiped Chaos even if he realised that its gods were fake as his father but he still desired revenge more than anything else and one was Konrad who may not have been outright evil but just cynical. He created the Inquisition which was a necessary evil because of Lorgar's Ecclesiarchy which was the first betrayal to the Imperium which urged Horus to cause the civil war that was named after him.