Corporate Wars 2021 - Round 1 - YoungJustice vs. Reaverlation (Winner: YoungJustice)

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By geekryan

YoungJustice

Team:

• YJ Aqualad (3)
  • 616 Kitty Pryde (1)
  • 616 Eye-Boy (1)
  • 616 Pixie (1)
No Caption Provided

Sponsor: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

Perk: Weather In A Bottle - Heavy Rain (Allows your team to choose the weather on the battlefield. Options include heavy rain, snow, strong winds, clouds, sun, or fog.)

No Caption Provided

Reaverlation

Team:

• 616 X-23 (3)
  • Batman (2)
  • Talion (1)
No Caption Provided

Sponsor: Weyland-Yutani Corp

Perk: Surveying Worlds (Your team is given full knowledge of the battlefield and one hour of prep on the battlefield. Prep can only be used to scout, strategize, and set-up; the neutral fodder and the map itself cannot be affected/altered during the prep.)

Tournament Rules

• Video game and book characters get composite feats (as long as they remain the same point value)
  • Canon tie-in comics are allowed for video game and book characters
  • No tie-in material for live action characters
  • Marvel characters are standard/base 616 versions. However, you can also choose characters from the Ultimate (Earth 1610) universe
  • DC characters are Post-Crisis/Rebirth
  • Everyone is in character and starts with their standard gear
  • No character can be amped above a 3-point character
  • Each team will get 1 full day of training together in order to get basic knowledge on each other and ensure decent teamwork. Every character on the team will also get a communication device in order to stay in contact during the mission.
  • There will be 12 corporate sponsors, and each one can only be picked twice. Once a sponsor has been chosen by two participants, it cannot be chosen by anyone else. Each sponsor will have 3 perk choices, and you may only choose one perk for each round. If you make it to the next round, you can change your perk.
  • Some perks may involve summons or fodder to help your team. Additionally, every battlefield will involve some amount of fodder such as civilians and/or guards. They can be ignored, killed, manipulated, etc.
  • 3 posts each
  • 7 days to post
  • If you need an extension, let me know before the 7 days are up and I will allow you a 3-day extension (for a total of 10 days)
  • Failure to post on time will result in disqualification and an automatic victory for your opponent

Banned Powers/Abilities

• Reality Warping
  • Time Manipulation
  • Space Manipulation
  • Luck Manipulation
  • Power Copying/Stealing
  • Speed Stealing
  • Precognition (things like Spider-Sense are fine)
  • Immortality
  • Instant-Kill attacks
  • Internal Attacks
  • Permanent Intangibility (as in lasting more than 30 seconds at a time)
  • Cloning

Limits

• BFR, intangibility, teleporting, and transmutation as offensive attacks cannot be used on the opposing team's characters but can be used against summons, fodder, and gear.
  • Teleportation is limited to line of sight, and cannot be used to teleport within 50 feet of the mission's objective.
  • Telekinesis and similar abilities cannot be directly used on the bodies of the opposing team but can be used on their gear, or against summons and fodder. TK blasts against the opposing team are allowed.
  • Telekinesis and similar abilities are limited based on the lifting strength of each point value, i.e. 1 ton, 5 tons, and 15 tons
  • Telepathy: mind reading and telepathic communication are fully allowed on everyone on the battlefield. Mind control, illusions, and other psychic attacks can only be used on summons and fodder. This also applies to soul abilities, pheromones, gas, and magic-based telepathy as well.
  • Gear and hax must remain street-level.
  • Summons made by your own characters cannot exceed 1-point characters. You cannot have more than 5 summons for the entire mission.
  • Regeneration is limited to 616 Wolverine level.
  • Invisibility is allowed but it can only affect the sense of sight.

If you are unsure about any of the rules/limits, please ask! It is better to ask in advance than to risk being disqualified from going above the limits or breaking rules.

Characters

You have SIX points to spend on characters in order to form your team.

Essentially, 1-point characters are low-street, 2-point characters are mid-street, and 3-point characters are high-street.

The criteria for each category is the maximum. If the criteria is wall level, then it cannot exceed wall level but it can be below wall level. Wall level is the capability of a character to break through a brick wall in one strike, or to completely destroy a whole brick wall in a few strikes.

Wall level refers to a standard brick wall. House level refers to a standard two-story house. Small building level refers to a standard building with no more than 4 stories.

Speed refers to movement and reaction speeds.

Low Street Level (1 point)

• Striking Strength: Wall Level
  • Lifting Strength: 1 Ton
  • Durability: Wall Level (Fully susceptible to arrows/bullets)
  • Speed: Arrow-Deflecting (Mach 1 or less, i.e. not supersonic)
  • Energy Projection: Wall Level

Example Character: CW Arrow

Mid Street Level (2 points)

• Striking Strength: House Level
  • Lifting Strength: 5 Tons
  • Durability: House Level (Resistant to arrows and small arms gunfire)
  • Speed: Non-Casual Bullet Dodging or Casual Arrow-Deflecting (supersonic, Mach 1-2)
  • Energy Projection: House Level

Example Character: Bane (without Venom)

High Street Level (3 points)

• Striking Strength: Small Building Level
  • Lifting Strength: 15 Tons
  • Durability: Small Building Level (Bulletproof against small arms gunfire)
  • Speed: Casual Bullet Dodging or Bullet Deflecting (supersonic+, Mach 3)
  • Energy Projection: Small Building Level

Example Character: Black Panther

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/corporate-wars-tournament-2021-edition-full-2243314/

Voting Rules

• Only the two participants are allowed to debate
  • If you want to be tagged to vote at the end, say "T4V"
  • Vote for whoever was the best debater, or who convinced you more, not for which team you think would win
  • Make sure to provide reasoning for your vote
  • Votes based on obvious character bias will not be counted
  • Be respectful, honourable, and civil

Mission: Search & Destroy

Team A (YoungJustice) must bring a briefcase bomb to a designated building ("C"), place the briefcase in the center of the building, activate the 5-second detonator, and exit the building. Team B (Reaverlation) must stop the building from being destroyed by any means necessary.

There are 15 civilians and 20 guards spread throughout the map, with 5 additional guards positioned near the designated building. The guards are on high alert and will shoot either team on sight. Each guard is a trained Navy Seal equipped with an assault rifle and combat knife. Civilians will not attack, but they will scream and alert nearby guards if they feel threatened or are attacked. There are also five security cameras around the map, two of which are aimed at the designated building. Being caught in a hostile act by a security camera will alert all the guards. All the cameras are on street-level.

Team A Objective: Destroy the building (activate bomb or eliminate enemy team first)

Team B Objective: Protect the building (eliminate the enemy team or sabotage bomb)

Ilios map from Overwatch
Ilios map from Overwatch

A = YoungJustice Spawn Point

B = Reaverlation Spawn Point

C = Designated Building

Best of luck!

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice@reaverlation

Please PM me your perk choice. I'll update the thread once you both do so and then you can get started. If you don't care about your opponent seeing what perk you pick, you can just post it here instead.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-61a94331705e8
deactivated-61a94331705e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taep

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

TAEP

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opener: Avoiding the Problem

Loading Video...

Character Introductions

To start things off, let me introduce you all to my team! Given the nature of Corporate Wars, instead of fully breaking down everything my characters are capable of, I'm going to specifically highlight the reasons I chose them for this match.

Kate Pryde - The Ghost

Kate Pryde (formerly known as Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat) is a long standing X-Man with the very simple power of intangibility, however, through the years she has been able to make this power much more complex which will make her a powerful character here.

The first thing I want to show is her base phasing ability, which is the most prevalent thing about her powerset.

• In scan one, she's able to phase up through a floor and take the hostage back down with her.
  • In scan two, she reacts to a spike being thrown and phases herself through.
  • In scans three through five, she's able to fight Emma Frost through a wall, phasing in and out of it within quick succession.
  • In scan six and seven, she's able to phase the entire Blackbird through a building.
  • In scan eight, she's able to phase two people simultaneously.

The next thing I want to showcase are the "sub-genres" of her phasing that she's acquired over the years, particularly, let's begin with her "air-walking."

She's able to utilize her phasing to allow herself to essentially "walk" through the air, just as with her phasing, she can extend this ability to other people she's phasing (as shown in scan four.)

Her next ability is more passive, whenever she passes through any type of technology, she is able to disrupt/destroy it.

• In scan one, she disrupts Phobos' power dampening armor.
  • In scan two, she partially disrupts a Sentinel mainframe.
  • In scan three, when her powers weren't working properly, she accidentally shorts out the entire Blackbird.
  • In scan four, she is able to destroy a machine made of nanites.
  • In scan five, she disrupts an entire electronic platform.

Pixie - The Jumper

Pixie is a fairly simple character that revolves completely around teleportation, with some other miscellaneous magical abilities.

As said earlier, Pixie is a character that truly shines off of her teleportation abilities, which she conjures via the spell "Sihal Novarum Chinoth."

• In the first scan, she shows her teleport speed, being able to teleport in, speak, rescue her friends, and teleport out before the creatures can attack.
  • In the second and third scans, she shows her teleport speed again, being able to out teleport Nightcrawler.
  • In the last two scans, she shows the ability to teleport others without teleporting herself.

As you can see, her teleportation speed is very fast and can be used for offensive purposes (as seen in scan five) and defensive purposes.

Eye-Boy - The Lookout

Eye-Boy is a pretty unique character, being able to see and detect virtually anything, he should be an incredible asset to my team achieving our goal.

Eye-Boy has a genetic mutant ability, which granted him 57 eyes on his body that imbue him with enhanced sight capabilities.

No Caption Provided

Some examples of his sight enhancement are:

Lastly, and possibly most importantly, he can share these abilities with people if they're close to him:

No Caption Provided

Kaldur'ahm - The Brawler

Aqualad, or as he's currently known as, Aquaman, is an extremely powerful water manipulator with additional magical abilities related to his Atlantean heritage.

Note: Some of the clips for Kaldur in this first post ARE from RT's, as I don't have the space in my computer to transfer all of mine over and I'd really like to just get this post out today. By the time my next post comes out, that situation will be sorted and my own clips will be present.

Kaldur is fairly straightforward, he uses his hydrokinesis to create weapons, enhance his attacks, and distribute offensive and defensive attacks.

His shields are some of his more primary defensive tactics, being able to block numerous blunt and piercing attacks such as bullets and energy blasts.

Offensively, he has a nice mix of ranged and close up weapons he's able to conjure.

Close Ranged Capability:

Ranged Capability:

Kaldur has more functionality here of course, but it mostly relates to our perk, so let's hop into that section.

Perk Strategy

My main reason for picking the Weasley Wizards sponsor was for the Weather in a Bottle perk, which allows me to manipulate the weather in the battlefield. As seen as the OP, I have chosen Heavy Rain as my weather choice and I'd assume it's obvious to most why I did this.

Kaldur, being a water manipulator, is able to conjure small amount of water independently, however, he is able to do far more with a larger water deposit at his side.

With the Weather in a Bottle perk, Kaldur will be able to repel your team from coming close with large scale water constructs (like this) and defend my team with shields if you get close (like this.)

Teamwork

Before I get into my strategy, I want to touch on the near perfect teamwork my team should have due to pure natural synergy.

Per tourney rules, my team will already have a day to prep their relationships and knowledge of each other. In my particular case, Kate/Pixie/Eye-Boy already know of each other due to their tenures on the various X-Men teams, which gives those three a natural higher than average than teamwork off the bat.

Kaldur isn't a member of their universe, but he is a very strategic and selfless hero. In S2 of Young Justice, he went undercover and worked with an enemy team for years just to gain intel for the Team and Justice League, having to literally create a perfect bond with killers and terrorists in order to get higher into the inner circle. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't work near perfect with three similar heroic people in order to get the mission done.

Strategy

My core strategy will be my team going directly for the drop off, we don't really need to fight your team and know that it'd probably result in more harm than good.

In order to keep track of everyone on the battlefield, my entire team will remain within arms length of Eye-Boy to allow for us all to see with enhanced vision (as seen in his character section.)

Pixie will teleport us as close to the building as possible within the limits as soon as the match starts. When we arrive, due to her sharing Eye-Boy's enhanced senses, she'll be able to teleport anyone on the floor where we need to plant the bomb outside of the building, allowing for us to have easy access to the bomb planting area and no civilians/guards in the way.

In order to get into the building/floor, Kate will share her air-walking/phasing (as shown in her character section) with the rest of my team so we can glide straight up to the designated drop off floor and phase right in.

At that point, with an empty floor, the only thing we have to worry about is potentially setting off the alarm, which won't really matter. If any new guards come up, Pixie will just BFR them away from the building, Kaldur will shield us, or Kate will keep us phased so that their attacks are meaningless.

The only thing left is to set up the bomb, and due to the speed of Pixie's teleports, we can wait with it until the very last second before it detonates before we leave the area to ensure the bomb isn't tampered with in the 5s it takes to detonate.

That's pretty much it, there are some more things (specifically with Kaldur, as he's our main offense) that we might have to get into later but for now, that's our basic strategy and what should be able to give us the win.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: neat opener. Quick question: is the Kitty Pryde used here 616-only (seeimg her powerset) or does she retain her feats from Marauders too? asking due to the picture used for Kitty.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delein: Thanks! And I'm pretty sure Marauders is set in 616, I'm a few issues late but I don't think there's been any continuity changes.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delein said:

@youngjustice: neat opener. Quick question: is the Kitty Pryde used here 616-only (seeimg her powerset) or does she retain her feats from Marauders too? asking due to the picture used for Kitty.

Marauders is 616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opener:

Loading Video...

Not gonna make bios/intros to my characters. Overall, I'll be showing some overall capabilities for my team and how they'll come out victorious in this match-up. I will begin with this first:

Perk: Surveying Worlds (Your team is given full knowledge of the battlefield and one hour of prep on the battlefield. Prep can only be used to scout, strategize, and set-up; the neutral fodder and the map itself cannot be affected/altered during the prep.)

This is a very valuable perk for several reasons. One of those things is that my team knows all the ins and outs of the battlefield, more specifically the civilians and guards parading around. That means when the fight begins, my team will automatically get a big grasp on whom their opponents are meaning you won't be able to evade my team. I will show in my next section how my team will get the proper layout of the field. Another valuable aspect for my prep is the tactical mind that is Batman.

Batman is a natural leader having been so for various teams from the Justice League to the Outsiders.

So he asserts leadership to the utmost and with teams spending 1 day to really familiarize themselves to incorporate decent teamwork to fulfill objectives to complete the mission/defeat their enemies, Batman will turn it to perfect teamwork. Talion himself was a Captain for the Rangers and Laura has been on teams like the X-Men so following probably one of the most brilliant tacticians in a lot of commonly discussed verses isn't far fetched at all.

Layout of the battlefield:

All 3 members of the team have ways of keeping tags and observations of the battlefield's layout.

Batman:

Talion:

X-23:

With the various ways each member of my team will be able to full comprehend the battlefield, none of your team will be able to hide from mine. One way or another, your team will be unable to hide or sneak through to your objective without always having your team's location compromised.

Moving around the Battlefield:

After getting the proper layout of their surroundings and the environment, the team has to be able to get around. Not only that but deal with any encounters with the proper speed.

Batman:

Talion:

X-23:

========================================================================================================

How the match will start and proceed into.

Now like I said in the start, Batman will take command of the team. His tactical mind and ability to lead countless teams through threats of all types will make leading this team a breeze. Now your team doesn't have prep so your team won't just jump into action immediately like mine so it can take them a minute to form a strategy like the one you just mentioned. In that time, my team will be ready for yours. Now what will my team do?

My team knows they gotta go on the offensive for the most part since sabotaging the bomb might lead into fighting your team head on. With the 1 hour of prep, my team will be able to traverse the battlefield to scout out ahead for when your team appears in which they will be noticed immediately since everyone on my team will see how much your team stands out compared to the citizens and guards going around Ilios. Now how will my team progress through Ilios?

1. Batman will use the rooftops to head towards where Objective B as to be able to defend it when the battle begins
  2. Talion will also head towards the rooftops via a vantage point to overlook everything and have his teammates in view
  3. Laura will blend into the crowd heading towards the objective building being aware for when she has to commence with attacking

So when the battle starts, Laura will be able to pick up on the scent of your team. She already knows who Kitty Pride is so seeing the other members will allow Laura to lock on with her senses in which Laura can let Batman and Talion know as well so that my whole team will be aware of the opposing team. Now what will Batman do? Have his gadgets and tools ready for whenever your team CAN make it to the objective building. What are some things Batman can employ?

Laura will find your team extremely quickly and with her claws, it'll do massive damage to them since Her claws can cut through an Iron Man suit. They're adamantium like Wolverine's claws so that should give an indication to how powerful its piercing capabilities are. Let's also say your team can manage to get away fast enough to avoid being taken down by Laura, like in the strategy you mentioned, Talion can use Shadow Pull to teleport Laura to him so that wherever your team goes, Talion can still use Shadow Strike to send himself with Laura or just her. Now idk if Shadow Pull can be used on say your team to pull them towards Talion but he can use it to bring the bomb into his hand so he can destroy it. Talion can see very far using his Wraith Vision and hit said targets from that distance. And in case Talion can bring any of your team to him or Talion is on top of them, he can use his freezing abilities to potentially freeze your team and even the bomb itself since it's an AoE attack. Batman can also hack and disarm the bomb too but let's just see how this'll progress.

Summary:

• Will use prep time to familiarize with the battlefield and its population so that your team will stick out completely regardless of where my team is located
  • Each member has a task given to them via Batman leading them
  • Batman will stay as defense near building objective via rooftop, Talion will keep lookout among a vantage point overlooking everything, Laura will blend with the crowd near where your team spawns so when the battle begins, Laura will ambush and discombobulate them
  • My team will properly adapt to whatever your team will and can do

That's all I will post for now since I don't want to turn the intro into a very large post. I will go over more on the stats of my team and how they'll counter what your team is planning on doing based off what you said IF they can deal with Laura from the jump.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opener: Moving with Purpose

Post Theme:

Loading Video...

Counters

This is a very valuable perk for several reasons. One of those things is that my team knows all the ins and outs of the battlefield, more specifically the civilians and guards parading around. That means when the fight begins, my team will automatically get a big grasp on whom their opponents are meaning you won't be able to evade my team. I will show in my next section how my team will get the proper layout of the field. Another valuable aspect for my prep is the tactical mind that is Batman.

I think this is fine, but the statement:

That means when the fight begins, my team will automatically get a big grasp on whom their opponents are meaning you won't be able to evade my team.

This does make sense initially, but with Pixie's teleportation and Kitty's phasing, your team would have to constantly scan the battlefield whenever we moved positions suddenly to find our current location. While this may not take an insane amount of time, when dealing with Pixie's instantaneous teleports and Kitty's phasing, it'd be enough of a delay for your teams detection to be hindered.

With the various ways each member of my team will be able to full comprehend the battlefield, none of your team will be able to hide from mine. One way or another, your team will be unable to hide or sneak through to your objective without always having your team's location compromised.

While you definitely would be able to know the whereabouts of your team for a majority of the match, it doesn't necessarily help. Not to jump ahead, but later on you show that the only member of your team that has long distance travel is Talion and even he needs a clear shot to do so seemingly. You may know where we are, but you can't get to us faster than we can evade you via TP and Phasing.

After getting the proper layout of their surroundings and the environment, the team has to be able to get around. Not only that but deal with any encounters with the proper speed.

All of these are viable in dealing with the guards/general fodder in combat, but none of what you showed in this section really demonstrates any good battlefield traversal.

Batman's grappling hook is good, but it still isn't too nearly as fast as Pixie's teleport. We'd already be within drop off vicinity before he even gets off a single grapple.

Talion's Shadow Strike is solid, but it still isn't instantaneous and the longer the distance = the longer the time it takes for him to get to his destination. It doesn't at all compete with Pixie's teleportation.

Laura really has no way to travel other than by foot seemingly, she is not going to be able to keep up with my team (or yours, honestly.)

Now your team doesn't have prep so your team won't just jump into action immediately like mine so it can take them a minute to form a strategy like the one you just mentioned.

Per tourney rules:

Each team will get 1 full day of training together in order to get basic knowledge on each other and ensure decent teamwork. Every character on the team will also get a communication device in order to stay in contact during the mission.

Additionally, per the host:

Teams will know where the "objective(s)" of the mission is located. In terms of spawn points, they know the general direction of where the enemy team spawns.

Other than that, they have no knowledge of the map's layout.

Prior to going into the battle, my team knows that they need to get to the tower and assumingly know the limits that they can go (50 feet from objective point.) Let's even put in thirty seconds to a minute for basic communication to determine what they're about to do, they still are getting to the objective building before your team even gets close (outside of possibly Talion if he has a good shot and TP point.)

My team knows they gotta go on the offensive for the most part since sabotaging the bomb might lead into fighting your team head on. With the 1 hour of prep, my team will be able to traverse the battlefield to scout out ahead for when your team appears in which they will be noticed immediately since everyone on my team will see how much your team stands out compared to the citizens and guards going around Ilios. Now how will my team progress through Ilios?

1. Batman will use the rooftops to head towards where Objective B as to be able to defend it when the battle begins
  2. Talion will also head towards the rooftops via a vantage point to overlook everything and have his teammates in view
  3. Laura will blend into the crowd heading towards the objective building being aware for when she has to commence with attacking

If these are the methods you're going with for battlefield traversal, it bodes even better for my team. While your team is surveying, my team is teleporting to the general area and flying/phasing into the building.

So when the battle starts, Laura will be able to pick up on the scent of your team. She alreadyknows who Kitty Prideis so seeing the other members will allow Laura to lock on with her senses in which Laura can let Batman and Talion know as well so that my whole team will be aware of the opposing team.

Once again, my team being detected isn't really the primary issue. Additionally, even if Laura informs Batman/Talion of her phasing capabilities, it doesn't mean they can do anything about them.

Now what will Batman do? Have his gadgets and tools ready for whenever your team CAN make it to the objective building. What are some things Batman can employ?

I think Kitty's phasing (and by extension, by entire team's phasing) can counteract these. She consistently phases through anything and everything, I don't think these would be too impactful.

The only thing I can't directly counter is the gas, as I don't have any feats of her resisting that specifically, however, she did directly phase herself (and a mega space bullet) through the Earth which means she would've technically phased through the gases that lie within the Earth which are presumingly stronger than whatever is in the gas grenades.

Laura will find your team extremely quickly and with her claws, it'll do massive damage to them sinceHer claws can cut through an Iron Man suit. They're adamantium like Wolverine's claws so that should give an indication to how powerful its piercing capabilities are.

While she certainly can, nothing Laura can do will work against Kitty and anyone else she may choose to phase in that moment.

Let's also say your team can manage to get away fast enough to avoid being taken down by Laura, like in the strategy you mentioned, Talion canuse Shadow Pull to teleport Laura to himso that wherever your team goes, Talion can still use Shadow Strike to send himself with Laura or just her.

I think you entered the wrong link for that, so I won't argue this point too much.

However, I'd like to ask if you have any evidence as to how he would be able to use Shadow Strike on anyone but himself? The ability seems to function like a peer to peer teleport so I don't see how Laura would be able to utilize this ability for traversal.

Now idk if Shadow Pull can be used on say your team to pull them towards Talion but he can use it to bring the bomb into his hand so he can destroy it.

You probably wouldn't be able to use this on my team due to TK/TP not being allowed on opposing team members per the rules, but I do think it is a viable way to get the bomb.

However, from what I've researched on Shadow Pull, much like Shadow Strike, it relies on a clean shot at the target and the longer the distance = the longer it takes to travel to you, and due to Pixie's insta teleports, I don't see a reality in which the bomb makes it to Talion before we teleport it back to our team.

Talion can see very far using his Wraith Vision andhit said targets from that distance. And in case Talion can bring any of your team to him or Talion is on top of them, he canuse his freezing abilities to potentially freeze your team and even the bomb itselfsince it's an AoE attack.

In terms of bringing my team to yours, it isn't allowed, but even if he somehow makes it to my team and tries to freeze us, Kaldur just un-freezes us via his water manipulation as he can turn any water based soluble into liquid.

Batman can also hack and disarm the bomb too but let's just see how this'll progress.

Can he do this on the fly without Alfred backup and special equipment?

• Will use prep time to familiarize with the battlefield and its population so that your team will stick out completely regardless of where my team is located

Even with your detection, you still have to make it to us which is the primary issue for your team and advantage of mine.

• Batman will stay as defense near building objective via rooftop, Talion will keep lookout among a vantage point overlooking everything, Laura will blend with the crowd near where your team spawns so when the battle begins, Laura will ambush and discombobulate them

This strategy essentially makes Laura our primary attacker which benefits my team, as even in the scenario where she tracks us down and reaches us, she can't hurt my team while Kitty is still in commission.

Closing Statements

I think the biggest aspect of this debate is going to be whether my opponents team can reach my team before we plant the bomb, and I think that is very unlikely, if not impossible.

Due to tourney limits, Pixie can teleport my team within 50 ft from the building (here's a visualization if you need to grasp how close we can get to this building), which means we end up just around here (red circle):

No Caption Provided

We are able to get to that red circle within a minute of the battle starting due to Pixie's Insta Teleportation. After that, Kitty uses her air-walking to glide us directly into the building and get us to the floor to plant the bomb without any issue, as Pixie can always just teleport any guards and civilians away that cause issue. All the while, Eye-Boy is able to provide constant point for my team by allowing us to see through the buildings, which allows us to always know where your team is before they even encounter us if it does come to that.

During all of this, my opponents team is going to be traversing and surveying the battlefield, also dealing with civilians and guards, which are completely irrelevant to my team.

That's it from me, can't wait to see what you come with next @reaverlation!

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: you respond quick! I'll read over it tonight and get to working on a response tomorrow and hopefully post this week.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godlyshinigami: @delein: @wastelandman: @achillesspawn: Forgot to add tags earlier, first counter post is up!

@youngjustice: you respond quick! I'll read over it tonight and get to working on a response tomorrow and hopefully post this week.

No rush! I just like to reply ASAP because I'm in way too many tourney's right now and if don't reply within a few days I'll completely forget. I'm excited to see what you come up with.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice:

Counter: Will you move, even efficiently?

This does make sense initially, but with Pixie's teleportation and Kitty's phasing, your team would have to constantly scan the battlefield whenever we moved positions suddenly to find our current location. While this may not take an insane amount of time, when dealing with Pixie's instantaneous teleports and Kitty's phasing, it'd be enough of a delay for your teams detection to be hindered.

My team has locked down on your team through various ways from each of my team members. Laura will never lose track of Kitty, for example, as her phasing won't remove her scent or be gone from the various ways Batman can locate everyone. But here is another example of Batman using X-Ray Vision to see various individuals of a tall-story building. You can also see Batman attached to the side of the building using what seems to be magnetism in his suit.

While you definitely would be able to know the whereabouts of your team for a majority of the match, it doesn't necessarily help. Not to jump ahead, but later on you show that the only member of your team that has long distance travel is Talion and even he needs a clear shot to do so seemingly. You may know where we are, but you can't get to us faster than we can evade you via TP and Phasing.

Just cause Talion can teleport across the battlefield doesn't mean either Batman or Laura can't traverse quickly. I showed Laura outpacing a bullet and Batman go from ground level to a couple stories high in the time it takes for a person to blink. Not only from what has been presented but that makes both of them faster than the majority of your team based on the speed limits and what's been presented for Kaldur, he would get blitzed by Laura

All of these are viable in dealing with the guards/general fodder in combat, but none of what you showed in this section really demonstrates any good battlefield traversal.
Batman's grappling hook is good, but it still isn't too nearly as fast as Pixie's teleport. We'd already be within drop off vicinity before he even gets off a single grapple.
Talion's Shadow Strike is solid, but it still isn't instantaneous and the longer the distance = the longer the time it takes for him to get to his destination. It doesn't at all compete with Pixie's teleportation.
Laura really has no way to travel other than by foot seemingly, she is not going to be able to keep up with my team (or yours, honestly.)
  • Why wouldn't it, especially when all of my characters are already where they need to be cause of the 1 hour of prep?
  • Again where you plan on teleporting, assuming it happens before any dismemberment, Batman and Talion are already in position to stop your team before they can enter the building. And Laura can also outpace bullets so Laura can make it to the Objective Building insanely quick.
  • Why wouldn't Talion's shadow strike be fast enough when he's teleporting to/from his destinations?
  • Laura is the fastest member on my team so how wouldn't she be able to keep up with them besides Talion's teleporting?

Prior to going into the battle, my team knows that they need to get to the tower and assumingly know the limits that they can go (50 feet from objective point.) Let's even put in thirty seconds to a minute for basic communication to determine what they're about to do, they still are getting to the objective building before your team even gets close (outside of possibly Talion if he has a good shot and TP point.)

So this part:

they know the general direction of where the enemy team spawns.

This helps me out immensely since Laura will basically have your team pinpointed so when the fight begins, she'll be on top of your team before they even finish strategizing in those 30 seconds to 1 minute. Talion will be at a vantage point to overlook everything and be able to shoot arrows from that distance and put arrows through your team for any sort of damage/death:

And as I showed earlier that Talion has excellent range with his bow and also in case, Talion has insanely fast draw speed so that he can use his bow regardless of the range he is at.

If these are the methods you're going with for battlefield traversal, it bodes even better for my team. While your team is surveying, my team is teleporting to the general area and flying/phasing into the building.

The surveying was done during the prep so Batman for example will know the entire layout of the map and knowing the general direction of the enemy team will make pinpointing your team, regardless of what they do, too easy

Once again, my team being detected isn't really the primary issue. Additionally, even if Laura informs Batman/Talion of her phasing capabilities, it doesn't mean they can do anything about them

Actually your team having their presence known at all times is a big issue since now regardless of where your team goes, in this case, near the Objective Building like you plan, trying to get the bomb to go off without a hitch is not gonna happen especially since you don't plan to engage in a fight with my team for the most part. And informing say Batman that Kitty can use intangibility will help out big time since that'll give bigger reason to use the Liquid Nitrogen devices that worked on Ghost Soldier.

I'll talk about Kitty's intangibility in the later part of this post.

I think you entered the wrong link for that, so I won't argue this point too much.

However, I'd like to ask if you have any evidence as to how he would be able to use Shadow Strike on anyone but himself? The ability seems to function like a peer to peer teleport so I don't see how Laura would be able to utilize this ability for traversal.

No Shadow Pull is the opposite of Shadow Strike in that instead of going to where he aims, he can bring individuals to him.

Talion hasn't done it but that's cause he's usually running solo throughout the game. Don't see why Talion wouldn't be able to take a teammate with him using said ability since he can pull people/creatures to him with Shadow Pull and it's just the opposite of Shadow Strike.

You probably wouldn't be able to use this on my team due to TK/TP not being allowed on opposing team members per the rules, but I do think it is a viable way to get the bomb.

However, from what I've researched on Shadow Pull, much like Shadow Strike, it relies on a clean shot at the target and the longer the distance = the longer it takes to travel to you, and due to Pixie's insta teleports, I don't see a reality in which the bomb makes it to Talion before we teleport it back to our team.

Shadow Pull/Strike is teleportation so when those moves get used on whomever or whatever, it'll work just like Pixie's teleporting.

In terms of bringing my team to yours, it isn't allowed, but even if he somehow makes it to my team and tries to freeze us,Kaldur just un-freezes us via his water manipulation as he can turn any water based soluble into liquid.

That moment when Kaldur has to unfreeze something, which I'm curious if he can unfreeze his team from the inside since Talion can flash-freeze his opponents into ice statues, that'll be time my team can continue attacking.

Can he do this on the fly without Alfred backup and special equipment?

He can actually. Alfred is used cause Batman is basically doing everything else when he's out being Batman so Alfred can assist in those situations. Batman's batsuit is computerized so he can still access functions that his batcomputer can do.

Even with your detection, you still have to make it to us which is the primary issue for your team and advantage of mine.

This strategy essentially makes Laura our primary attacker which benefits my team, as even in the scenario where she tracks us down and reaches us, she can't hurt my team while Kitty is still in commission.

Not really an issue since Laura can keep up with your team without issue, Batman will already be at the objective building and Talion can teleport around the battlefield.

Laura is only the primary attacker in CQC at the start. Talion can get involved anytime by just teleporting to your team and Batman will be on top of your team when or if your team arrives at the Objective Building. Talion also can deal with how your 1 pointers will fight too:

========================================================================================================

Now the main thing I will touch up on is what seems to be the main part of your strategy; Kitty's Intangibility. Now per the rule, it says that Kitty can't be intangible for more than 30 seconds at a time. I asked Geek more on how long Kitty will have to wait in regards to using her intangibility and he said:

I'll say that after being intangible for a total of 30 seconds, they need to wait 15 seconds to go intangible again

Now this can be seen as two things:

1. For however long Kitty remains intangible, half that time would be needed as a cool down for Kitty to use her Intangibility
  2. Whenever those 30 seconds are used, it's an automatic 15 seconds until another 30 seconds of intangibility can be used again.

Now this is important since there is no way your team will actually complete your objective, if at all, within that time. While your team is using strategy time, the 30 seconds to 1 minute needed for it for example, Laura will already have ambushed your team. And Kitty might be able to phase in time before getting hit by Laura's claws but she would need to be in physical contact with her team and them with each other if say they want to avoid being taken down by Laura's claws or any other attacks. And speaking of phasing through her claws:

Even if you find instances where Kitty has phased through say Wolverine's claws just fine, my scans show that there's a possibility Kitty won't be fully unscathed by Laura's claws or those she chooses to make intangible. Also in regards to Kitty being unaffected from Bobby's Ice Construct: it's not the same.

What Batman used was meant to work on Ghost Soldier even with his intangibility while nothing is of the sort for the construct Kitty phased through. Now they probably won't stop her since it didn't necessarily work on GS but it's suppose to slow her down. Batman's Gas Grenades should also affect Kitty too since even while intangible, a gas neurotoxin was still hitting her despite her phasing. At the very least, these types of gadgetry should slow Kitty down and if her companions are also being made intangible by her, it's a much higher probability they'll actually be affected by what Batman uses. Overall, Kitty's intangibility isn't full-proof and it's a high chance it won't be what clinches a victory you're hoping for. Batman still has other ways he can cause your team problems like using a Flashbang-type gadget that can disorient your team, especially the one with the dozens of eyes on his body. And in case Batman does have to get involved in the fight CQC:

So yeah Batman hits damn hard and will cause some serious damage to your 1 pointers. Kaldur should be able to take some hits but I wager I can have Batman showing superiority to Kaldur in a fight. And that's also having to deal with Laura at the same time and whenever Talion engages your team in a fight.

Closer (Long One):

So ultimately, my opponent believes my team will just keep surveying for the majority of the fight but as I've shown, any and all surveying and being fully accustomed to the battlefield will be done during prep. My team will essentially know where his team will spawn at and my 3 pointer Laura will be ambushing them while they prepare themselves via a stratagem that will take at least 30 seconds to 1 minute according to what he believes. Laura will be attacking them before they even finish setting up a strategy which will discombobulate his team and act without precision. Kitty will have to be holding onto at least one of his teammates and then each other for her to phase her team when Laura goes slash and dash and I doubt all of them will be safe since even her phasing isn't flawless and her claws will do some serious damage to any one of them or outright kill them. Talion will also be having the enemy team in sights and can shoot arrows as quick speeds to cause even more mayhem or even Shadow Pull the briefcase out of their hands.

Assuming any of them head towards the opposite building, they would then have to deal with Batman and any defenses he has set up with the other team members of Batman closing in on the enemy team with very quick precision. Kitty's intangibility can only be used for 30 seconds at most, which will be used up since she has to for without it, she'll be taken down by say Laura or the other members and the rest of the team have to stay in physical contact with her to benefit from her phasing. By what is not shown and via the limits of the tourney for lower pointers, nobody other than Kaldur SHOULD be able to react to say Batman let alone Laura so not seeing how they would even react to their attacks.

The overall big thing is that your team needs to stick together to work with such confidence but any sort of separation would cause a giant problem since Kitty's phasing is the main thing that keeps your team alive. Kitty's phasing will experience a cool down one way or another and that'll be the end of her and any of your team that decides to get in a fight with say Laura since she is physically and AP-wise the most dangerous on my team. Nothing really has been presented for why your team would last even 10 seconds engaging Laura in a fight. Pixie's teleporting requires line of sight per the rules so without knowing the map's layout, she just can't be teleporting everyone without keen accuracy unless she's next to Eye-Boy but he'll be taken down the fastest without Kitty's phasing or Kaldur protecting him but my team will make sure he doesn't last long.

I think your plan won't work at all, if it gets to that, and when it fails, your team will scatter and will ultimately get picked apart but I doubt it'll get that far.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Closer: Evasive Maneuvers

Time to wrap this up!

Sidenote: Apologies for having my counter post tagged as an opener, CV won't let me change it.

Post Theme:

Loading Video...

Counters

My team has locked down on your team through various ways from each of my team members. Laura will never lose track of Kitty, for example, as her phasing won't remove her scent or be gone from the various ways Batman can locate everyone. But here is another example ofBatman using X-Ray Vision to see various individuals of a tall-story building. You can also see Batman attached to the side of the building using what seems to be magnetism in his suit.

Just because you can track who's on the battlefield doesn't mean that you can determine where my team is after they teleport from the match start location and blend into the battlefield. Even in the scan you've shown, the quality of his X-Ray vision diminishes the further away.

No Caption Provided

It's clear that not only does his X-Ray vision have a limit, but that the further away someone is the less quality of a scan he gets. This same logic is applied in another scan you provided in your first post, as it's clear he's getting a vague outline of the buildings:

No Caption Provided

His X-Ray vision really isn't helpful in this fight (especially since my team could easily get mixed in with civilians.) This battle is going to be all about speed (for your team especially), he won't have time to focus on pointing out my team out of the 35 fodder that's already occupying space on the battlefield.

Just cause Talion can teleport across the battlefield doesn't mean either Batman or Laura can't traverse quickly. I showed Laura outpacing a bullet and Batman go from ground level to a couple stories high in the time it takes for a person to blink. Not only from what has been presented but that makes both of them faster than the majority of your team based on the speed limits and what's been presented for Kaldur, he would get blitzed by Laura

I'll get more on Laura's speed later, but as far as Batman, grappling quickly doesn't equate to dealing with instantaneous teleportation. In the time Bruce takes to think of pulling his grapple, we literally are already going to be steps away from the building.

Pixie's teleportation extends to my entire team (as shown several times in my last two posts) and it doesn't break speed limits (because it's not speed, it's teleportation), absolutely nothing you've shown (even Talion's own teleportation) beats out what Pixie can do with the speed of thought.

Why wouldn't it, especially when all of my characters are already where they need to be cause of the 1 hour of prep?

I'm almost one hundred percent sure you can't actually change your spawn point via prep, but I'll ask the host to make sure. Assuming you can't you'll still have to start at the opposite side of the map and traverse your way over to wherever you're going, you're not just going to spawn in the places you have set yourselves at during prep.

Again where you plan on teleporting, assuming it happens before any dismemberment, Batman and Talion are already in position to stop your team before they can enter the building. And Laura can also outpace bullets so Laura can make it to the Objective Building insanely quick.

Rule clarification will clear up this argument, but still, even if you can spawn wherever you want, we're not entering the building via going through the door. We're air-walking (in which we'll be intangible, which I'll get to later) up to the room we need to go to from the outside of the building and phasing through the walls to go directly to the bomb drop off.

Laura can't fly, and even if she could run up a wall or jump on top of a building to get to us, she couldn't hurt us due to intangibility.

Why wouldn't Talion's shadow strike be fast enough when he's teleporting to/from his destinations?

Because the teleport is extremely slow.

All teleports aren't equal. Shadow Strikes requires him to go into this pseudo-bulletime mode, aim, and strike before the teleporting process even begins. It'll make him faster than Laura and Batman, but it's still not even close to fast in comparison.

Laura is the fastest member on my team so how wouldn't she be able to keep up with them besides Talion's teleporting?

I really don't see how you think Laura is anything more than maybe a bit above peak human in speed. All you've presented are reaction and attack speeds, you have shown absolutely no feats of her actually running/chasing at those speeds.

This helps me out immensely since Laura will basically have your team pinpointed so when the fight begins, she'll be on top of your team before they even finish strategizing in those 30 seconds to 1 minute. Talion will be at a vantage point to overlook everything and be able to shoot arrows from that distance and put arrows through your team for any sort of damage/death:

This is all dependant on you being able to choose your spawn point, which is unlikely.

However, even if it is somehow apart of a prep perk, the reaction speeds I've shown for Pixie in my first post show that her reaction speed almost as fast as her teleportation speed, if Laura tries to attack us or Talion tries to shoot us, she just teleports us anyway. As I said in my counter post, the tournament rules already indicate that we have a day of teamwork built in, the extra time to deliberate really isn't even a necessity, just something that could happen, and even if it does, we still get away before your team touches us.

And as I showed earlier that Talion has excellent range with his bow and also in case, Talion has insanely fast draw speed so that he can use his bow regardless of the range he is at.

1. The battle is in the rain, so the fire won't work (unless it's some type of magical fire that can't be quenched, but an arrow is not hitting us in the first place so it doesn't really matter.)
  2. Charged shots are even slower than the base ones, which makes it even easier for my team to disregard them.
  3. That draw speed is fast, but he still has the aim and shoot which from what you've shown is fairly average.

The surveying was done during the prep so Batman for example will know the entire layout of the map and knowing the general direction of the enemy team will make pinpointing your team, regardless of what they do, too easy

I don't really see how, given that his X-Ray vision is limited and any time we face danger we will instantly be teleporting away from it, making us a very mobile moving teleporting target, something he can't realistically keep up with.

Actually your team having their presence known at all times is a big issue since now regardless of where your team goes, in this case, near the Objective Building like you plan, trying to get the bomb to go off without a hitch is not gonna happen especially since you don't plan to engage in a fight with my team for the most part. And informing say Batman that Kitty can use intangibility will help out big time since that'll give bigger reason to use the Liquid Nitrogen devices that worked on Ghost Soldier.

You're strategy requires a lot of teamwork, which slows your team down to an extent that makes any combat situations/arguments irrelevant. As Batman is being informed by Laura on what weapon to use, we're already phasing into the building.

No Shadow Pull is the opposite of Shadow Strike in that instead of going to where he aims, he can bring individuals to him.

Talion hasn't done it but that's cause he's usually running solo throughout the game. Don't see why Talion wouldn't be able to take a teammate with him using said ability since he can pull people/creatures to him with Shadow Pull and it's just the opposite of Shadow Strike.

So you don't have proof of him doing this?

Pulling one person towards you as opposed to pulling two people in one direction are completely different things and conflating them together isn't really solid, imo.

Shadow Pull/Strike is teleportation so when those moves get used on whomever or whatever, it'll work just like Pixie's teleporting.

It's not just teleportation, it's really just him having a teleportation arrow, seemingly. It's not really cut from the same cloth.

That moment when Kaldur has to unfreeze something, which I'm curious if he can unfreeze his team from the inside since Talion can flash-freeze his opponents into ice statues, that'll be time my team can continue attacking.

Once again, there is almost no scenario where your team lands an attack on us (especially an arrow that needs to be drawn and shot.)

However, if it does for some reason happen, I don't think he would be able to unfreeze flash frozen targets that are frozen internally. I'm fine with conceding with that as it won't come into commision regardless.

He can actually. Alfred is used cause Batman is basically doing everything else when he's out being Batman so Alfred can assist in those situations. Batman's batsuit is computerized so he can still access functions that his batcomputer can do.

How is this scenario different than any other Batman scenario though? Why would he suddenly be able to do this hacking now when in a majority (if not all, but that's for you to show) of his character history, he's relied on characters like Alfred, Oracle, Lucius Fox, and Tim Drake to do things like hacking for him while he's in combat situations.

Now the main thing I will touch up on is what seems to be the main part of your strategy; Kitty's Intangibility. Now per the rule, it says that Kitty can't be intangible for more than 30 seconds at a time. I asked Geek more on how long Kitty will have to wait in regards to using her intangibility and he said:

I'll say that after being intangible for a total of 30 seconds, they need to wait 15 seconds to go intangible again

Now this can be seen as two things:

1. For however long Kitty remains intangible, half that time would be needed as a cool down for Kitty to use her Intangibility
  2. Whenever those 30 seconds are used, it's an automatic 15 seconds until another 30 seconds of intangibility can be used again.

Firstly, while the 30 second limit was in the tourney rules, the 15 second intermission thing was not, so apologies to readers for not being able to bring up this aspect of the debate until my final post.

Secondly, this doesn't matter because we wouldn't need more than thirty seconds to get to where we're going.

As I've shown in my second post diagram, we're landing extremely close to the building, all we have to do after teleporting there is to air-walk up, which does not require us to be intangible (see how she maintains her tangibility in this scan {touching the wall] while air walking.) The only time we need to be intangible in this entire match is to phase through the building wall.

Now this is important since there is no way your team will actually complete your objective, if at all, within that time. While your team is using strategy time, the 30 seconds to 1 minute needed for it for example, Laura will already have ambushed your team. And Kitty might be able to phase in time before getting hit by Laura's claws but she would need to be in physical contact with her team and them with each other if say they want to avoid being taken down by Laura's claws or any other attacks. And speaking of phasing through her claws:

Even if you find instances where Kitty has phased through say Wolverine's claws just fine, my scans show that there's a possibility Kitty won't be fully unscathed by Laura's claws or those she chooses to make intangible. Also in regards to Kitty being unaffected from Bobby's Ice Construct: it's not the same.

Pixie teleports us out of there before any of this matters.

Additionally, Kitty is one of the rare comic characters who's powers have actually progressed with her age, a lot of stuff she couldn't do as a teen, she's been able to literally phase Wolverine's adamantium skeleton out of an adamantium shell.

off topic sidenote: never in my life did I think these scans would be relevant, there's a reward to grabbing scans every time a character uses their powers!

I think it's safe to say this "weakness" is now void.

What Batman used was meant to work on Ghost Soldier even with his intangibility while nothing is of the sort for the construct Kitty phased through. Now they probably won't stop her since it didn't necessarily work on GS but it's suppose to slow her down. Batman's Gas Grenades should also affect Kitty too since even while intangible, a gas neurotoxin was still hitting her despite her phasing. At the very least, these types of gadgetry should slow Kitty down and if her companions are also being made intangible by her, it's a much higher probability they'll actually be affected by what Batman uses. Overall, Kitty's intangibility isn't full-proof and it's a high chance it won't be what clinches a victory you're hoping for. Batman still has other ways he can cause your team problems like using a Flashbang-type gadget that can disorient your team, especially the one with the dozens of eyes on his body. And in case Batman does have to get involved in the fight CQC:

So yeah Batman hits damn hard and will cause some serious damage to your 1 pointers. Kaldur should be able to take some hits but I wager I can have Batman showing superiority to Kaldur in a fight. And that's also having to deal with Laura at the same time and whenever Talion engages your team in a fight.

Same argument as above, Pixie teleports us before he becomes relevant. We are not fighting your team, it's useless and we know it. There is absolutely no reason, tactically, why we would engage in a fight even if we were to get into one when we know our goal is to get the bomb to the building.

So ultimately, my opponent believes my team will just keep surveying for the majority of the fight but as I've shown, any and all surveying and being fully accustomed to the battlefield will be done during prep. My team will essentially know where his team will spawn at and my 3 pointer Laura will be ambushing them while they prepare themselves via a stratagem that will take at least 30 seconds to 1 minute according to what he believes. Laura will be attacking them before they even finish setting up a strategy which will discombobulate his team and act without precision. Kitty will have to be holding onto at least one of his teammates and then each other for her to phase her team when Laura goes slash and dash and I doubt all of them will be safe since even her phasing isn't flawless and her claws will do some serious damage to any one of them or outright kill them. Talion will also be having the enemy team in sights and can shoot arrows as quick speeds to cause even more mayhem or even Shadow Pull the briefcase out of their hands.

This is all extremely dependant on Laura being near us when the battle starts, because from what you've shown, even if we did take a few seconds to a minute to strategize, your team isn't getting near us in time Also, just for clarification, I don't think we even will need to strategize as the goal is simple and we had a day to do some baseline strategizing already. I'm just bringing it up to prove even further the speed difference in this match.

Assuming any of them head towards the opposite building, they would then have to deal with Batman and any defenses he has set up with the other team members of Batman closing in on the enemy team with very quick precision. Kitty's intangibility can only be used for 30 seconds at most, which will be used up since she has to for without it, she'll be taken down by say Laura or the other members and the rest of the team have to stay in physical contact with her to benefit from her phasing.

Batman wouldn't get there quick enough, and even if he did somehow, Kitty could activate her intangibility and keep us protected from whatever he does while we scale the building and make it to the bomb drop off, I highly doubt that'd take thirty seconds.

I don't play Overwatch, so take this an an approximation, but from what I can tell of the map, we'll be teleported right around where this person below is:

Loading Video...

The video should automatically jump you to the timestamp of 6:09, but if not, that's the point in the video I'm referring too.

As you can see, after our teleport (with the limit of within fifty feet) we're fairly close to the building (the one of the left hand side).

Honestly, after seeing the actual map guide, this building is even smaller than I thought and it isn't even enclosed. We literally don't need to phase through anything, we can just air walk in, while intangible, and drop off the bomb. This makes my entire game plan even more solid as for that thirty second window from teleportation to drop off, we are intangible and your team can't do anything to us before we get to the bomb.

The overall big thing is that your team needs to stick together to work with such confidence but any sort of separation would cause a giant problem since Kitty's phasing is the main thing that keeps your team alive. Kitty's phasing will experience a cool down one way or another and that'll be the end of her and any of your team that decides to get in a fight with say Laura since she is physically and AP-wise the most dangerous on my team.

Well, for one, our team doesn't really need to stick together, it just is better that way (and they know that, due to a day of teamwork building.) The only person who needs to be phased is the bomb holder.

Secondly, as explained further above, the cooldown will never be relevant to this battle. The only thing Kitty needed to "preserve" the intangibility for (the building) is now irrelevant, as the building is open, and gives her free reign to be intangible whenever your team goes after her, which makes her untouchable.

Nothing really has been presented for why your team would last even 10 seconds engaging Laura in a fight. Pixie's teleporting requires line of sight per the rules so without knowing the map's layout, she just can't be teleporting everyone without keen accuracy unless she's next to Eye-Boy but he'll be taken down the fastest without Kitty's phasing or Kaldur protecting him but my team will make sure he doesn't last long.

I haven't presented anything for how they would engage in a fight with your team because everything about our mission and our strategy involves us avoiding your team. A fight is never happening.

Also, in terms of line of sight, Pixie shares Eye-Boy's senses and sees where we need to go, something they'll know to do given the day of prior strategization.

Final Thoughts

The primary reason I believe my team will be able to accomplish their mission is due to their power synergy, travel speed, and attack invulnerability.

My opponent's team lacks the ability to get to my team in a timely manner, track them in a sufficient way that doesn't require downtime, or attack them in ways that would actually deter us from accomplishing our mission.

• Talion has a decent teleport, but it's held back by the fact it hasn't been proven to be used offensively, used as utility (bringing his teammates with him), or to work in a speed that is faster than instantaneous teleports.
  • Batman has his grapple, which is fast, but not fast enough in comparison to Pixie. He has his X-Ray vision, but it pales in comparison to Eye-Boy's, which can be shared with my entire team. There is a potential viable strategy in the hacking aspect, but my opponent hasn't proven Bruce can do this on his lonesome faster than we can set up the bomb in the building.
  • My opponent is debating Laura as if she's a factor in this battle, but honestly I feel as if she has no real use here. Her attacks can't harm us, she has not been proven to even be fast (let alone fast enough to run across this entire map and tag us before we get out of dodge), and her only true net positive, her knowledge on my X-Men, requires for her to communicate this with her team, which will waste even more crucial time.

Overall, my team excels in this type of match and I literally crafted my team specifically for the Search and Destroy scenario, especially to be on the Destroy side, so I got actually really lucky with the match-up. I don't think the opposing team can accomplish their mission, which is what this boils down too.

Very curious to see your closer, @reaverlation

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: REEEEEE damn you responded quicker! Alrighty I'll hopefully have it done by the end of the weekend

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I just realized I never formally asked this clarification that I proposed in my closer, is my opponent able to change their spawn locations via prep?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I just realized I never formally asked this clarification that I proposed in my closer, is my opponent able to change their spawn locations via prep?

Nope

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@youngjustice said:

Nope

Thank you for clarifying.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: You move on to the next round since your opponent has not posted or replied in 2 weeks

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers