Conquering Haki Luffy vs Oden

Tribred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Conquering Haki Luffy vs Oden (53 votes)

Conquering King Luffy 74%
Oden 26%

Current COC Luffy

No Caption Provided

VS

Kozuki Oden

No Caption Provided

Current Luffy with Ryuo and CAC starts in Base

Prime Oden

Both are serious.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-60a0a9bc11858
deactivated-60a0a9bc11858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oden, would win! I mean luffy, got one shotted recent chapter! The will of the Samurai never DIES!

- Thanks For Reading - Froppy!

HST_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HST_King

Oden also got 1 K.O'd last episode, And special note, Hybrid Kaido is way way stronger.

HST_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

MonkeysDkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

current kaido is much stronger than flashback kaido so surprisingly I'm leaning towards luffy

Dramus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy low diffs

Tribred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda want to back luffy here. Current kaido is much stronger then he was 20 years ago. Luffy also took more shots from kaido so his durability should be better along with future sight should give him the W. Current haki attacks should mess up oden as well

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy has superior observation so leaning towards him

AllHellKingDox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AllHellKingDox

Luffy stomps, hybrid Kaido >>>>> Base Kaido >> Young Kaido.

Yea Luffy got stomped but he took a couple hits AJ’s actually damaged Kaido as well

Gilateen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy got this

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Luffy. His Haki should be on the same level, if not higher than Oden, and he was landing hits on a stronger Kaido.

MatiasPinto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Current Luffy rn is Beating Gaban too huh

KingGuinness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy’s still not ready. Oden left such an impact on Kaido physically and mentally that even 20 years later he still raves and goes on about the mans strength and will.

You think Kaido would be frothing over Luffy in years to come over the performance he’s just been given by him? After he’s just sent him skyrocketing from Onigashima with sighs of disappointment? Doubt that.

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Saxz  Online

^^^ lol

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't there a statement regarding Kaido being stronger now than then? Could be wrong

Avatar image for deactivated-63e4c52ea7a93
deactivated-63e4c52ea7a93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragegod: Oden told him to “get stronger while you can” or something along those lines. Then there is that Kaido got a lot bigger in size and became a Yonko later on. So yeah, he did get stronger.

OT: Luffy or Zoro stomp Oden. They have much better feats and Oden cannot tank anything

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Saxz  Online

Oden is a really great Guy and all ,his character is so so so extremely likeable, but I think that like is blinding... All Oden's really got is hype but by feats he is lacking compared to Luffy, I am impressed by the man's character and willpower, anyone would but it doesn't directly translate to strength....his hype vs young Kaido is something but I don't think people realize how insanely huge the Gap between young pre-yonkou Kaido And current prime yonkou Kaido is, it's a whole 20 years...... even Gecko Moriah can apparently " clash " with that Kaido and it's called a "fight".

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Yeah I know Kaido beat him, but Do you realize how bottom of the scaling Gecko Moriah is compared to current Luffy and Kaido. Any interaction between these tiers of characters would be an irrelevant offsceeen ROFL stomp neg diff. Like Blackbeard showed

This shows that Kaido attained tremendous at the aftermath of wano power before finally securing his current yonkou position.

If Oden had even beat young Kaido, it would be inaccurate to scale to current Kaido. but He lost to Base Kaido and to a single attack (albeit unguarded) Luffy has taken plenty of such unguarded attack from a far stronger Kaido in his far stronger hybrid form. Can we stop acting like Oden and Luffy's feat against 2 very different Kaido are remotely comparable.

OT: Current Luffy wins mid diff and Current Hybrid Kaido would curb stomp Oden.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saxz: Moria became weaker after losing to kaido didn’t he?

aggrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy one shots Oden along with the planet.

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Saxz  Online

@saxz: Moria became weaker after losing to kaido didn’t he?

Lol no way, how did you come to that conclusion?. He became stronger and went on to be a suchibukai, planning a rematch against Kaido.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saxz: something jinbe said at marineford

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Saxz  Online
GermanGift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saxz said:

@edgelord91:

He did?? Must missed it. Scans please.

I don't know what he's referring to, but there's also the fact that Kaido killed Moria's entire crew. It's not really a clash but a slaughter. I do agree with your overall point though. Not wholly though because the scenarios are a bit too different. Luffy got K.O.ed by Kaido's weapon too; The only reason he's not being K.O.ed now is because he's actively guarding himself (the one batting he didn't guard/parry on the rooftop K.O.ed him) opposed to how Oden got hit upside the back of his head because of a distraction. Oden was even applying Conqueror's Haki to his attacks back then vs Kaido, which can be seen in the black lightening/lines emitting from his attacks in the manga.

But like I said, I do agree with you. The WG said that Kaido has gotten stronger over the years, and Kaido himself waited because he knew he couldn't take on Oden, so it's clear that Kaido was still growing. Something else that no one is mentioning is that Luffy fought Kaido in base after having his Haki depleted AND that Oden's defense is unlikely to be comparable to Kaido's own. If the damage Luffy puts out in base-form harms Kaido, then it maims Oden. And if that maims Oden, then G4 Luffy splats him. Even if we treat Current Kaido as if he's no stronger than decades ago, Luffy's sandals can stalemate the same attack that K.O.ed Oden, thus any attack of Luffy's can K.O. Oden so long as it's a direct hit and is enhanced with Conq; The reverse of Oden being able to K.O./kill Luffy with a clean hit is likely true too. It's really just a battle of who gets the first clean hit and my bet is on the guy with Futuresight.

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Saxz  Online

@saxz said:

@edgelord91:

He did?? Must missed it. Scans please.

I don't know what he's referring to, but there's also the fact that Kaido killed Moria's entire crew. It's not really a clash but a slaughter. I do agree with your overall point though. Not wholly though because the scenarios are a bit too different. Luffy got K.O.ed by Kaido's weapon too; The only reason he's not being K.O.ed now is because he's actively guarding himself (the one batting he didn't guard/parry on the rooftop K.O.ed him) opposed to how Oden got hit upside the back of his head because of a distraction. Oden was even applying Conqueror's Haki to his attacks back then vs Kaido, which can be seen in the black lightening/lines emitting from his attacks in the manga.

But like I said, I do agree with you. The WG said that Kaido has gotten stronger over the years, and Kaido himself waited because he knew he couldn't take on Oden, so it's clear that Kaido was still growing. Something else that no one is mentioning is that Luffy fought Kaido in base after having his Haki depleted AND that Oden's defense is unlikely to be comparable to Kaido's own. If the damage Luffy puts out in base-form harms Kaido, then it maims Oden. And if that maims Oden, then G4 Luffy splats him. Even if we treat Current Kaido as if he's no stronger than decades ago, Luffy's sandals can stalemate the same attack that K.O.ed Oden, thus any attack of Luffy's can K.O. Oden so long as it's a direct hit and is enhanced with Conq; The reverse of Oden being able to K.O./kill Luffy with a clean hit is likely true too. It's really just a battle of who gets the first clean hit and my bet is on the guy with Futuresight.

Kaido alone didn't kill the entire crew though, it was a pirate war, both sides must have suffered damage, But Moriah Being weaker would suffer the brunt...but what really had me is , History remembers it like it was a fight, that Moriah actually Matched Kaidou, which means Even if it was a few moments he was able to put up a semblance of a fight against Kaido. Bloodlust G4 Luffy couldn't even manage that. Current Kaido is ways beyond Young Kaido.

IIRC Luffy has taken several unguarded Hit from Kaido, but I don't remember any to the Head though, either way the damage Kaido gave Oden with a swing was just too heavy.... Current Luffy whilst taking damage isn't taking that much damage, he is took 2 attacks to the Head and one from a stronger form Kaido, and still continued fighting. Albeit being out for a few minutes.

Kaido was More afraid of Oden + prime hyogoro and his mafia army, since he didn't have enough Crew then.

We agree on most grounds though. I don't think Oden can kill Luffy with a clean Hit, especially since Kaido couldn't achieve it.

hayayubasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hayayubasa

oden is somewhere below whitebeard, he is definitely yonko level and he was the second strongest person of whitebeard crew and of roger crew when he joined each one, unless luffy beats kaido he cannot beat oden either

KaiserRebellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets say Kaido is as strong now as he was back when he fought Oden. Kaido started drinking last chapter and became stronger than he was when he fought Oden. Luffy is still managing to take hits and trade blows fairly well. At this point, I would still give it to Oden but just barely.

Sky__Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy

Avatar image for madarauchiha147
MadaraUchiha147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Gear 5, it is a mismatch.

Luffy stomps

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34 socajunkie  Moderator

Luffy mid diffs.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy mid difficultly.

Matched a stronger kaido than the one that put oden down.

Scales above Zoro who replicated odens best feat.

Superior observation Haki.

BAJRANG GUN

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Luffy stomps

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if you consider the time this thread was made (Pre-G5), Luffy still takes it handily

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Wushu59

Oden stomps. Luffy at no point during this stage could beat Kaido.

Gear 5th beats him though.