Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By m0ntyb0y

vs.
 vs.

1) both wield identical long-swords and wear nothing but loin-cloths  2) morals on 3) fight ends upon incapacitation or death  4) fight occurs in a large open arena (i.e. flat ground, no obstructions, etc.)  5) each combatant may use whatever H2H techniques he has at his disposal in addition to using his sword  (i.e. Bruce Wayne may punch, kick, grapple, elbow, knee, head-butt etc. and so may Conan) 6) a combatant may even cast aside his sword if he would rather fight without it                                                                              
1) both wield identical long-swords and wear nothing but loin-cloths  2) morals on 3) fight ends upon incapacitation or death  4) fight occurs in a large open arena (i.e. flat ground, no obstructions, etc.)  5) each combatant may use whatever H2H techniques he has at his disposal in addition to using his sword  (i.e. Bruce Wayne may punch, kick, grapple, elbow, knee, head-butt etc. and so may Conan) 6) a combatant may even cast aside his sword if he would rather fight without it                                                                              
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By spartan92

wasnt this battle already made ? and locked.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@spartan92: the mod implied that I should have specified the Batman Begins movie version of Batman, since the comic book Batman apparently is no good with a sword...

I told him I thought my thread was legit and he replied:
"Yes but you where using the comic version, please read the battle forum FAQ on how to set up a battle."
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By cascadeking09

Conan.  

@spartan92: Yes because someone tried to get behind Batman winning knowing that he was outmatched, but that wasn't  movie Batman. Even then movie Batman loses, he's fought even less with a sword than the comicbook version.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spartan92
@m0ntyb0y
oh ...... wow i guess if you have to beat batman .....give him a sword.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@spartan92:
i just wanna make clear that this is not a formal sword duel, Bruce Wayne isn't limited only to using his sword, he can use whatever other techniques he has at his disposal 

and yes the mod locked the previous thread because he thought the comic book Batman would have no chance in a sword fight
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scarbearer

I still think this is Conan's fight to loose, because the terms imply that even while he's not limited to it, at some point Batman is going to try and fight Conan with a sword, which is stepping into his world, and the Christian Bale Batman is not experienced enough yet to be able to ditch the sword after realizing his out matched and coming up with a good enough 'Plan B' in time to take down and angry Conan.

Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Billdevil

Dare I say Conan (I have only seen the movies, looked at a few magazines, and one book) would not beat Bale or comic Batman? Conan may use a sword, be good with it, but Batman has more finesse in combat overall regardless of accoutrement. In other words Batman is a surgeon, Conan is a lumberjack. I admit we have not seen enough Bale with a sword to judge with certainty. Having neutral swords pushes this even further in Batman’s favor. IMO.  

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By gravitypress

Nobody beats Conan in a sword fight period. Where Batman has fought to protect, Conan has fought for his life and would kill without hesitation. Any version of Batman would struggle is this fight.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By m0ntyb0y

each combatant can fight however he likes, they simply have swords at their disposal if they wish to use them 

@scarbearer: @Billdevil: @gravitypress: that said, do you think that against a sword-wielding Conan, Batman would be better off  with only his wits and bare hands? Should Batman throw away his sword at the beginning of the fight and try to beat Conan without relying on a sword?  Maybe the sword is counter-productive in Batman's hands in this situation? so I added 6) a combatant may even cast aside his sword if he would rather fight without it            

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gravitypress

I think Conan would take this 9/10 times if it was just man to man, no weapons or belts. Weapons it would be a 10/10 win for Conan. With utility belt stuff Batman would win 7/10 times at least.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@gravitypress: I'm assuming the Batman you're referring to in your predictions is the Christian Bale movie Batman 
would your predictions change if the match-up was between Conan and the comic book Batman?
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gravitypress

Actually Comic Batman would fare slightly better but Conan still has this.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Conan.

Avatar image for ricardorubio1974
ricardorubio1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By ricardorubio1974

Conan has killed ancient gods, only with a sword without doubt Conan!

Avatar image for alejandrosato1977
alejandrosato1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Conan

Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Billdevil
@m0ntyb0y:  Maybe. Here are some other thoughts. Batman is a complete warrior. He needs no sword to fight against someone with one, though I do think he needs some deflecting tool (batarang equivalent). If this were Conan of the screen verses Batman of the screen. Conan’s “real” athleticism vs. Batman’s may make a difference. As far a comic Bats vs. comic Conan. Batman is physical perfection (or as close as a man can get without being enhanced). Conan is the same but without the benefit of modern exercise science, the best martial masters in the word (without geographic limits), and an obsessive, inhuman drive.   
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Scarbearer
@Billdevil: True, but because it is such a more savage time, many have made the argument that 'peak human potential' at least physically, was far greater in the Hyborian age than it is in the Modern Era.  Given some of Conan's, and his contemporaries feats in the comics, and especially in the classic Robert Howard stories, I think that argument is highly debatable. Howard's most frequently used adjective to describe Conan was 'Panther-like' he choose the Panther because he is both supremely strong and quick.  You can find feats of Conan's that put him in line with low level 'metahumans' pretty regularly throughout his stories.  I just think in straight up fight, Conan is one of the few opponents where Batman is out of his depth.  I mean he'll give him a great fight to be sure, but Conan maybe one of the few people that I would say has a greater will to win and survive than Bats does.

And just as an addendum because i strayed off topic a bit... I think we'd have to call on Comic book Batman to have much of a chance against Conan, The Christian Bale Batman is nowhere near experienced enough to have a chance at taking Conan in a fight yet.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Conan absolutely destroys Bruce Wayne.
Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Billdevil
@scarbearer:  Fair enough. I’m just not versed enough in Conan so I’ll step out and thank you for you insights my friend. 
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Billdevil: So is the comic book Batman better or worse with a sword compared to Christian Bale Batman? 
I think an empty handed Batman would be at a very big disadvantage against a sword-wielding Conan. 3 feet of steel really makes a huge difference in a fight, especially when the guy using it is an expert. Giving Batman a sword might not help him that much, but it would be better than nothing IMO.

As for which combatant is more physically fit...that is a tough one. 
according to some, modern day "pumping iron" gym training is inferior to ancient warrior "survival" conditioning in many ways (see http://www.about-muscle.com/free-ebooks/Warrior_Physique.pdf).
however, I'm sure Batman does not only pump iron in the gym, his training probably approximates practical warrior conditioning...Batman is a smart guy and he'll pick the most effective training for his career as a crime-fighting superhero
Of course, one thing Batman would have at his disposal (that Conan definitely would not) is performance enhancing drugs