Avatar image for immoralimmortal
#1 Posted by immoralimmortal (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by BrownZeus (980 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to specify more. In ye olde days the western dragon was basically a big lizard with wings that may be capable of breathing fire. Modern depictions of dragons basically mean elemntal overlords of different attributes with varying degrees of strength, speed and durability. when you say composite we could talk about the weaker Fairy Tail variants or some insanely strong creature like Nicol Bolas. Eastern dragons were from as far as I remembered considered divine beings and in chinese history alone there is a ton of different dragons with different divine atributes. I currently lack knowledge about the modern representations.

Your scope is too broad to really create an engaging conversation. At least for me

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#3 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

Myths/legends only or can we use eastern/western media as well? There’s some pretty OP dragons in games and anime

#4 Posted by Kal-Elol (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a traditional Eastern dragon is more powerful. They were shown as god-like beings much of the time, whereas Western dragons were more akin to large monsters. Don't know much about either TBH, though.

Avatar image for immoralimmortal
#5 Posted by immoralimmortal (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

Myths/legends only or can we use eastern/western media as well? There’s some pretty OP dragons in games and anime

composite is everything. all myths/legends/media

#6 Posted by Koays (11569 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot of the eastern dragons are OP.

#7 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5464 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Brittonic_para (303 posts) - - Show Bio

If composite means everything in fiction, then i would back western. A dragon that is the size of melkors beast, with the knowlage of nico bolas and the divine power if akatosh, amoung many, many other things is pretty scary. in terms of actually history,european dragons were just like any other creature generally, and were killed by normal people such as in the tale "saint george and the dragon". Eastern ones were more so gods then anything, so they would take the win for sure.

(Note: i mean generally for all this, people such as the vikings had godlike dragons aswell)

#9 Posted by XLR87T3 (10201 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for soothing_sounds
#10 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (2296 posts) - - Show Bio

Super shenron wins afaik

#11 Posted by TakenStew22 (2412 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by FireStarLord73194 (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: I recall a book about dragons and Jörmungandr the world serpent was catalogued in it. But there were other dragons in viking/Scandinavian lore besides the world serpent that had god like dragons. Fafnir I recall wasn’t the typical western/European dragon

#13 Posted by Hatemetomorrow (9 posts) - - Show Bio

The western dragon mainly because of nicol bolas.