Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Sylar wins via explosion.

Loading Video...

Ares has never shown durability against something that powerful.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ares stomps.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CramAndman

@mutant1230: @superhero24:I don't recall all the powers that Sylar collected so I'm not sure of the totality of the Sylar composites capabilities. It's possible that Sylar with all of his powers could take Ares, some of the larger scale powers like the atom bomb one tended to kill the user in the process. Sylar has been killed in the past by HIro's sword and gunshots, so Ares could probably kill him as well. I think I'll go with Ares if only because we know he knows how to control all of his powers and wield them effortlessly. I think anything less than Sylar killing himself with an ability will fail to kill Ares.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sylar gets pinned down and skewered. Ares TK is like three tiers above Sylars.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sylar wins via explosion.

Loading Video...

Ares has never shown durability against something that powerful.

Sylar's son was killed which made him unstable and I think it killed him too.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mutant1230

@cramandman said:

@mutant1230: @superhero24:I don't recall all the powers that Sylar collected so I'm not sure of the totality of the Sylar composites capabilities. It's possible that Sylar with all of his powers could take Ares, some of the larger scale powers like the atom bomb one tended to kill the user in the process. Sylar has been killed in the past by HIro's sword and gunshots, so Ares could probably kill him as well. I think I'll go with Ares if only because we know he knows how to control all of his powers and wield them effortlessly. I think anything less than Sylar killing himself with an ability will fail to kill Ares.

It doesn't kill the user in the process. Peter Petrelli survived the explosion at the end of Season 1 without even his clothes being damaged. Sylar has the same healing factor he does he would survive it. Ares wouldn't.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman said:

It doesn't kill the user in the process. Peter Petrelli survived the explosion at the end of Season 1 without even his clothes being damaged. Sylar has the same healing factor he does he would survive it. Ares wouldn't.

If Sylar can survive the the process, due to his healing factor, then it should be enough for him to win. The only question is can he use the ability before Ares skewers him. I'm not so sure. Bear in mind, Ares can teleport small and large distances has superspeed in flight if not on his feet and has far more powerful TK abilities. If I remember correctly, Sylar needs to build to such an immense explosion, in the time it take him, Ares should be able to take him out before he explodes.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mutant1230

@cramandman said:
@mutant1230 said:
@cramandman said:

If Sylar can survive the the process, due to his healing factor, then it should be enough for him to win. The only question is can he use the ability before Ares skewers him. I'm not so sure. Bear in mind, Ares can teleport small and large distances has superspeed in flight if not on his feet and has far more powerful TK abilities. If I remember correctly, Sylar needs to build to such an immense explosion, in the time it take him, Ares should be able to take him out before he explodes.

If Ares can somehow BFR Sylar before he charges himself up enough to explode, I agree he should win.

It is worth noting Sylar has reacted to bullets before and is probably fast enough to keep up with Ares.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CramAndman

@cramandman said:
@mutant1230 said:
@cramandman said:

If Ares can somehow BFR Sylar before he charges himself up enough to explode, I agree he should win.

It is worth noting Sylar has reacted to bullets before and is probably fast enough to keep up with Ares.

His ability to fight while charging up for the explosion though is limited, Peter isn't able to do anything once he's about to explode. Also, Claire's healing factor can be overcome by damage to the brain and Ares can conjure piercing weapons at will and teleport behind Sylar.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: You make a good argument, Ares could win if he BFRs or gets metal into Sylar's brain.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: You make a good argument, Ares could win if he BFRs or gets metal into Sylar's brain.

Thanks, I think the metal to the brain is Ares path to victory. I think the chances of Ares BFRing him aren't particularly good because as you mentioned Sylar has reflexes that can respond to bullets and Ares hasn't teleported anyone other than himself or flown into outerspace by feats. There's also a chance that Sylar's lightning/electric powers(from Kristen Bell) are powerful enough on their own to kill Ares, as Wonder Woman killed him. It sort of depends on if the lightning that killed him is magical in nature, further suped up by Wonder Woman's god mode or if Sylar can summon an equivalent voltage.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 assemblesquad  Online

Stalemate

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230 said:

Thanks, I think the metal to the brain is Ares path to victory. I think the chances of Ares BFRing him aren't particularly good because as you mentioned Sylar has reflexes that can respond to bullets and Ares hasn't teleported anyone other than himself or flown into outerspace by feats. There's also a chance that Sylar's lightning/electric powers(from Kristen Bell) are powerful enough on their own to kill Ares, as Wonder Woman killed him. It sort of depends on if the lightning that killed him is magical in nature, further suped up by Wonder Woman's god mode or if Sylar can summon an equivalent voltage.

Dont forget Sylar's other abilities. This is composite. He will have freezing abilities, supersonic flight speed, powerful tk, precognition, a healing factor that you need to take his head off for, melting powers, electricity manipulation, induced radioactivity, sound manipulation, Alchemy, shape shifting, and a few other abilities. He was able to flip a armored van easily with two fingers. I believe he is a bullet timer also. He has caught bullets with his tk IIRC. When he acquires abilities, he becomes superior at using them than the person he acquired it from.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman said:
@mutant1230 said:

Dont forget Sylar's other abilities. This is composite. He will have freezing abilities, supersonic flight speed, powerful tk, precognition, a healing factor that you need to take his head off for, melting powers, electricity manipulation, induced radioactivity, sound manipulation, Alchemy, shape shifting, and a few other abilities. He was able to flip a armored van easily with two fingers. I believe he is a bullet timer also. He has caught bullets with his tk IIRC. When he acquires abilities, he becomes superior at using them than the person he acquired it from.

I hear you. The problem is that Ares was only really hurt in the movie by magical lightning. Sylar will need to hit him with something of equivalent power in order to destroy him. Most of the abilities you mentioned won't hurt Ares or even stop him for long. The electricity manipulation and the atomic powers are the only two that are likely to hurt/kill him. I see him tanking the rest with relative ease. Also, the healing factor can be overcome by decapitation as you mentioned or metal to the brain. I think Ares has a really good shot of immobilizing Sylar with his own much more powerful and nuanced TKinesis and then putting him down with a blade he can fashion out of the environment.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes:

IIRC Sylar caught bullets with his tk. I can't quite remember. He also acquired flight from Nathan. Nathan was able to fly at supersonic speeds, Sylar acquires the abilities and becomes superior to the previous user.

@normanbates:

Sylar has tk, shape shifting, electricity manipulation, sound manipulation, supersonic flight, Alchemy, wolverine level healing factor, freezing, enhanced hearing, precognition, melting, freezing, induced radioactivity, disintegration, and a few more abilities. He can make himself become a nuke a blow up a city. His tk can flip an armored police van easily only using two fingers. I believe he was able to catch bullets with his tk could be wrong though. Peter Petrelli is an inferior user of tk and was able to tear open a heavily armored vault.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: He was able to catch bullets during the Season One finale. He even deflected them and it almost killed Matt Parkman!

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230:

so he is definitely fast enough to keep up with Ares who hasnt shown the ability to go above mach 1.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@superhero24: @cramandman: metal to the brain won't kill sylar he moved his weak point using shapeshifting. I don't see how sylar loses this.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sylar has enough tk to toss an armored truck, Claires healing factor, electrokenisis, disintegration and tons of other abilities. Problem is Ares goes toe to toe with WW he is a mach speeder and just as strong and he can materialize weapons. I think ares wins

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon said:

@superhero24: @cramandman: metal to the brain won't kill sylar he moved his weak point using shapeshifting. I don't see how sylar loses this.

Thanks, I forgot about that.

I forgot about that as well. Decapitation should still do the trick though.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sylar pummels him.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: Probably Peter and Claire survived nukes a few times. So decapitation is a bit iffy to me.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230:

so he is definitely fast enough to keep up with Ares who hasnt shown the ability to go above mach 1.

Yes. The only issue is if he can somehow get metal into Sylar's his weak spot (the one behind his neck that "killed" Peter & Claire)

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: Probably Peter and Claire survived nukes a few times. So decapitation is a bit iffy to me.

It's totally absurd for Claire to survive a nuke. Her healing factor isn't that good and the explosion would obliterate her weakspot!

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AlphaQ

Can Ares hurt Sylar if he decides to go intangible?

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: destroying the weak spot doesn't kill them blocking it from regenerating stops bodily function but if nothing is blocking it than it will heal.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: destroying the weak spot doesn't kill them blocking it from regenerating stops bodily function but if nothing is blocking it than it will heal.

If their weak spot and their bodies are obliterated in an atomic explosion they should be dead. It's just common sense and bad writing on the part of the writers.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: still its somewhat consistent. You aren't the first one to bring up how bad the writing was in latter seasons of Heroes.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: still its somewhat consistent. You aren't the first one to bring up how bad the writing was in latter seasons of Heroes.

We're supposed to excise WIS/CIS/PIS in these match-ups and so I tend to use my own common sense when assessing obviously terrible writing.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: we usually include cis and im not sure about if this is PIS or WIS it happens to early for it to be WIS but a bit too often to be PIS. Their are at least 3 times they survive nukes and nothing weaker has really killed any one with their powers. They must just have atomic or sub atomic healing factors.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: we usually include cis and im not sure about if this is PIS or WIS it happens to early for it to be WIS but a bit too often to be PIS. Their are at least 3 times they survive nukes and nothing weaker has really killed any one with their powers. They must just have atomic or sub atomic healing factors.

I actually think it qualifies for all three to varying degrees. In the end, decapitation or weak spot stabbing still does the trick. Also, didn't Claire die on Heroes Reborn from Cardiac Arrest brought on by a seizure?! I'm pretty sure Ares can induce that in Sylar.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mutant1230

@cramandman: Claire died in Heroes Reborn because Tommy (Nathan Jr.) stole her powers and she couldn't heal. Not trying to but in, just answering your question.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: Claire died in Heroes Reborn because Tommy (Nathan Jr.) stole her powers and she couldn't heal. Not trying to but in, just answering your question.

Ahh, good catch.

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: She died giving birth to her son that took her power. Also decapitation would only work if it cut off his weak spot which he was able to move.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: @mutant1230:

@cramandman: She died giving birth to her son that took her power. Also decapitation would only work if it cut off his weak spot which he was able to move.

Guy's correct me if I'm wrong but the weak spot has to be located on the spinal cord in order to shut down brain functions, so if Ares rips out his spinal cord that should do it!!

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wispymatt said:

Guy's correct me if I'm wrong but the weak spot has to be located on the spinal cord in order to shut down brain functions, so if Ares rips out his spinal cord that should do it!!

The show never really explained the mechanics behind the "weak spot" but it always looked like it located too high to have anything to do with the spinal cord. It was probably the part of their brain that triggers the healing which gets blocked, hence it not working after said area is damaged.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman said:

@wispymatt said:

The show never really explained the mechanics behind the "weak spot" but it always looked like it located too high to have anything to do with the spinal cord. It was probably the part of their brain that triggers the healing which gets blocked, hence it not working after said area is damaged.

If that's true then decapitation should work, or sufficiently damaging the brain.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: its implied sylar manipulates his organs to change his weakspot and the weak spot is only the size of a coin and he can hide that anywhere. Brain damage should work. Claire had her brain removed before and it healed when it was put back.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: its implied sylar manipulates his organs to change his weakspot and the weak spot is only the size of a coin and he can hide that anywhere. Brain damage should work. Claire had her brain removed before and it healed when it was put back.

my point about the spinal cord was that he can't move the weak spot anywhere, it has to be attached to his spinal cord or brain stem if it's going to shut down his brain.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sylar

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: i always assumed he rearranged his entire nervous system to change up how his brain worked. He was able to grow extra teeth change size and generally just change his internal organs both adding and subtracting organs changing his nervous system shouldn't be harder.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: i always assumed he rearranged his entire nervous system to change up how his brain worked. He was able to grow extra teeth change size and generally just change his internal organs both adding and subtracting organs changing his nervous system shouldn't be harder.

Maybe, though changing one's nervous system is definitely harder than growing teeth and playing with your organs. It's why we haven't found many ways to fix spinal cord damage but can grow organs out of pig parts.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: tbf we also can't alter our dna to be almost identical to others

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers