Composite Luffy vs. Rebirth Superman

• 90 results
Avatar image for masterskywalker
#1 Edited by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Luffy is Composite and has unlimited access to his transformations.
  • Rebirth Superman (Rebirth feats only)
  • Win by any means
  • Fighting in Asgard (616). Asgard is abandoned sans Odin who is non interfering/spectating.
  • In character but determined to not die.
#3 Posted by Chronicplane (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Rebirth Clark really that much of a weakling damn, never thought I'd see him knock down to mediocre tier.

Avatar image for bluelettermedia
#5 Edited by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebirth Superman's best usable durability feat is 10 megatons and he's slower than Luffy, much less a composite one. He gets stomped hard, then proceeds to kill himself after realizing he's a terrible mid tier.

#6 Posted by SocaJunkie (9650 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy in a cross-over matched Toriko and Goku so he stomps.

#7 Edited by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy in a cross-over matched Toriko and Goku so he stomps.

I forgot about that instance lol. Luffy one shots.

Even Gear 4 Snake Man would beat Rebirth Supes.

#8 Posted by Darthjhawk (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Is rebirth Superman really that depowered compared to his previous incarnations? I didn't know that HST characters could fight him like this.

#9 Edited by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk said:

Is rebirth Superman really that depowered compared to his previous incarnations? I didn't know that HST characters could fight him like this.

He's one of the most overhyped mid tiers around right now, if not the most overhyped by far. Pain Arc Naruto would kill him.

#10 Posted by Darthjhawk (50 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk said:

@bluelettermedia: Wait since when did Superman become a Mid-Tier character?

Since Rebirth, so early-mid 2016.

EDIT: It's also worth noting this incarnation appeared at the end of the N52 Superman run and in Convergence tie ins but he was hardly impressive either. Post Crisis Superman stopped being good near the launch of the N52, Superman as a whole became a mid tier in Rebirth.

#12 Posted by Chronicplane (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Darthjhawk (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@chronicplane: @bluelettermedia: Right, but I don't know if I would see him as a mid tier. Hasn't he taken on Hal Jordan, Sinestro, and even fought off the Superman Revenge Squad while blind? I don't think a mid-tier could do those things.

#14 Posted by tensor (8704 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread loolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

#15 Edited by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthjhawk said:

@chronicplane: @bluelettermedia: Right, but I don't know if I would see him as a mid tier. Hasn't he taken on Hal Jordan, Sinestro, and even fought off the Superman Revenge Squad while blind? I don't think a mid-tier could do those things.

Hal Jordan was mind controlled and it wasn't a full fight, Supes did successfully give him a concussion however but Lanterns can be inconsistent when it comes to durability and that's like only one good feat for Rebirth Superman. A weakened almost dying Sinestro stomped him with his fodder soldiers while Superman was amped and possessed by Parallax (technically he may have been trying to hold back Parallax so he didn't reach his full potential as a host IIRC, but it's still horrible because he was amped a shit ton regardless).

He didn't fight the entire Revenge Squad, he evaded them. Zod one shotted him by screaming in his ear in the same arc lol.

#16 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know about the RS instance but many of the others have context.

1. Hal was being affected mentally by Hammond which has been known to reduce the capabilities of a GL due to them being derived from their strong willpower. Supes even says he wouldn't want to fight Hal in a right state of mind.

2. Sinestro was weakened after his previous battle with Hal which Superman even notes and had spent an entire day trying to subdue Parallax. Its also important to note that it took an entire day for Superman to break out of his constructs.

#17 Posted by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterskywalker: Ah, I forgot there was context for the Hal Jordan fight as well. Damn.

#18 Edited by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelettermedia: Nah you mentioned the mind control thing. and before i did too.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#19 Edited by FireStarLord73194 (5794 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman survived a planet explosion in rebirth, so yeah... not sure luffy can do that much damage to him

#20 Posted by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I'd like to note that Superman trying to hold back Parallax when he was possessed is more or less speculatory from what I know, though I could be wrong on this.

#21 Posted by Darthjhawk (50 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman survived a planet explosion in rebirth, so yeah... not sure luffy can do that much damage to him

when did that happen ?

#24 Posted by DeathandGrim (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

... Superman

#25 Edited by HigherPower (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194 said:

when did that happen ?

I would also like to see this.

#26 Posted by LeonardoTMNT (2826 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Wow, never realized how weak Superman has become.

#27 Posted by BlueLetterMedia (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@empressofdread said:
@firestarlord73194 said:

when did that happen ?

I would also like to see this.

Oh I know what he's talking about. He's referencing that time he escaped from a planetary explosion by flying away lol. He even dodged the shockwaves on panel and had his communication apparatus undamaged. He didn't tank it all, and he knew the planet was going to blow up beforehand so he was prepared. It's a travel speed feat.

#29 Edited by DeathandGrim (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

@valor_175 said:
@DeathandGrim2 said:

... Superman

Luffy matched both Goku and Toriko in a crossover (he is composite here, so it counts). With this in mind, how does Superman defeat someone like that?

I skipped that special but in what way did he match them?

#31 Edited by HigherPower (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathandGrim2 said:
@valor_175 said:

Luffy matched both Goku and Toriko in a crossover (he is composite here, so it counts). With this in mind, how does Superman defeat someone like that?

They had an actual, extended three-way fight.

@bluelettermedia said:

Oh I know what he's talking about. He's referencing that time he escaped from a planetary explosion by flying away lol. He even dodged the shockwaves on panel and had his communication apparatus undamaged. He didn't tank it all, and he knew the planet was going to blow up beforehand so he was prepared. It's a travel speed feat.

Thanks for the info.

#32 Posted by DeathandGrim (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathandGrim2 said:
@valor_175 said:
@DeathandGrim2 said:

... Superman

In speed, strength, and durability; they were pretty even, actually.

I've never considered Goku particularly strong. Luffy was already kicking people like Hordy Jones through mountains when he came back post archipelago. I know very little of Toriko's strength or Toriko at all.

I'm gonna look at this fight.

#33 Posted by KanyeCosby (7573 posts) - - Show Bio

You know Superman has been turned into total weak sauce when he loses to Luffy of all characters.

#35 Edited by DeathandGrim (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

@valor_175: Alright I'm back. Um this didn't really tell me squat. None of these three used their true abilities in any sense nor did they actually seem hurt by each other. So it's not like battle royal boosts Luffy in any way to Superman levels. Goku remained base which strength wise struggled with 40 tons canonically.

Which considering how luffy swung around a giant golden ball while fighting a logia type or punching Crocodile through solid bedrock in the pre-time skip already eclipsed that

I still don't know what Toriko does.

There were no speed feats I saw.

And Durability was really hard to quantify here because Satan survived all of that somehow

#37 Posted by tensor (8704 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by DeathandGrim (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

@valor_175: Okay but like it gave me nothing to go off. Luffy took a punch. It didn't even look hard. I didn't see him tank that three way clash. We didn't see anybody tank the three way clash. So it's unclear if he took Kamehameha or King punch head on or if this was oh you get the point.

And he flat out dodged everything Toriko threw out so nothing to go off of there.

And I brought up his 40 ton feat to gauge his strength because there's hardly anything to gauge his strength off of. He's punched people through mountains but so has Luffy. That's why that punch he took didn't really give me much more to go on.

There was no agility displayed at all either. They were moving at relatively normal human pace. Considering both Luffy and Goku can practically use the blink ability and have been shown to use actual FTE speed in combat I'm not scaling that up from this fight.

And the durability is really a moot point isn't it? All three of them didn't actually hurt one another.

Also is this Luffy weak to raw blunt physicals and mist then since he's composite?

#39 Posted by Gnomishness (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby:

You know Superman has been turned into total weak sauce when he loses to Luffy of all characters.

Luffy's stronger then you'd think. People used to think he was a good fight for extremis suit Ironman, and he's only gotten buffs since then.

#40 Posted by Gnomishness (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathandGrim2:

Also is this Luffy weak to raw blunt physicals and mist then since he's composite?

Why would you think that?

#41 Posted by DeathHero61 (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

@valor_175 said:
@DeathandGrim2 said:
@valor_175 said:
@DeathandGrim2 said:

... Superman

In speed, strength, and durability; they were pretty even, actually.

I've never considered Goku particularly strong. Luffy was already kicking people like Hordy Jones through mountains when he came back post archipelago. I know very little of Toriko's strength or Toriko at all.

I'm gonna look at this fight.

Except he has feats way beyond Luffy in terms of potency or if we look at anime exclusive feats.

#42 Posted by KanyeCosby (7573 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: Superman doesn’t really have that many impressive feats in Rebirth so far. He’s consistently been in the mid tier range. Composite Luffy just has better feats.

#43 Posted by KanyeCosby (7573 posts) - - Show Bio

@gnomishness: Yeah, but this is Superman we are talking about. He shouldn’t even have trouble with characters like Luffy.

#44 Posted by DeathandGrim (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

@gnomishness: Well Goku's punches in that crossover seemed to have some sort of effect on him.

The mist thing I swear I saw a fight where he was being weakened by the mist around him but I can't find it lol so omit that

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#45 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku wasn't really trying in the crossover but its still an impressive feat for Luffy.

#46 Posted by tensor (8704 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: Oh what better feats does luffy have?

He is not faster,stronger or have better durability than him so I do not see that win.

Rebirth Superman is been a short time but his feats are above anything I have seen from luffy. All I see is all wank an nothing to back up just that he is weaker but no one show us anything than make luffy ahead of him. I have read everything from one piece an I am still waiting to see something that say yes he outclasses him.

#47 Posted by DeathandGrim (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

I friggin love both these characters but I'm really not seeing what makes this match possible.

#49 Posted by DeathandGrim (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevs06: but Luffy has other weaknesses that Superman can use

#50 Edited by GXrevs06 (5222 posts) - - Show Bio

I just did a re-read of rebirth. It seems people are grossly underselling Supes here.

- He was able endure being inside the earth’s inner core for an extended period of time, resisting not only the pressure but heat as well. I am not exactly a scientist but that is easily thousands, if not millions of tons of pressure per square inch on his body. Never mind temps easily exceeding thousands of degrees.

- He also supported the JL weight of the watch tower space station falling to earth at Mach 20+.speeds. ( —Trinity ). The only reason why he struggled was due to it falling against him. Kind of like Routh Superman initially struggling to catch the plain but easily holding up once the force was gone.

- He moved fast enough to inetercept a bullet fired at Lois at point blank range despite being several miles away when Deathstroke pulled the trigger. — Action Comics (the deathstroke issue). He has also flown from the daily planet to metropolis in seconds.

And people really think he’d lose to Luffy, who is not even stronger than EOS Naruto. Clark stomps