No Caption Provided

Commander Data

VS

No Caption Provided

Predator

and

No Caption Provided

Aliens

While a Federation team where investigating an uncharted planet, a lethal adversary (Predator), fired upon then seeing them as a threat, because of their security officer's weaponry. All members of the party were all killed.

The Federation team sent a distress call back to Starfleet Command as well as tricorder readings of the creature that attacked them, before they were all killed. These readings and data where then passed on to the nearest responding ship in that sector of space, which was the Enterprise.

Commander Data has been selected to go down to the surface of the planet via shuttle craft, to apprehend the creature which attacked the other Starfleet officers. Data has accessed all the tricorder readings and using the shuttle craft has been able to produce an energy burst that has disrupted the Predators cloaking device.

Data is unaware that the Predator is in the middle of an Alien hunt. There are around 20 Aliens roaming in the Forrest like terrain. Data cannot call the Enterprise for help, as an energy storm is blocking his communicator, Data's tricorder is however functioning, and has alerted him to the presence of other life forms.

Data is armed with his hand phaser and a phaser rifle, and his emotion chip is switched off.

Can Data capture the Predator and bring him back to stand trial, or will the Predator, or the Aliens stop Data from fulfilling his mission?

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bump

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would vote for Data. He's stronger, faster, has better reflexes, better senses, extra senses, comparable training, adaptable training, greater durability, is smarter, and can process information faster.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@floopay:

Which character would you say is comparable to Data in strength and/or durability? The Terminator? Master Chief? Blade? Someone else?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

I would vote for Data. He's stronger, faster, has better reflexes, better senses, extra senses, comparable training, adaptable training, greater durability, is smarter, and can process information faster.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

A good majority of this is pretty much false, and a Elite Hunter has been able to take on and defeat several highly advanced synthetics who I would wager could process information just as fast if not faster. The earlier model of synthetics could process information fast and efficient enough to give off the illusion of being able to read minds.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

A good majority of this is pretty much false, and a Elite Hunter has been able to take on and defeat several highly advanced synthetics who I would wager could process information just as fast if not faster. The earlier model of synthetics could process information fast and efficient enough to give off the illusion of being able to read minds.

Very true. Also Data's strength is debatable. I can't seem to find anywhere that gives an explicit number, but I know that an Elite Predator is no slouch. (Able to melee with a Queen.) Durability would of course go to the android, but I bet a plasma caster, smart disc, and combi-spear can easily rend him limb from limb. I think the biggest issue would be the predator engaging Data and then getting sneak attacked by the aliens honestly.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JohnnyZ256

I'm a huge Data fan, but it's hard for me to picture him taking out a predator and three aliens. However, I think his positronic net (basically his mind) would be safe, since it's protected by futuristic materials, like duranium and cortenide, or what starship hulls are made of.

My thought is that Data takes out any one of these individuals in a head-to-head encounter, and even if it comes to the use of long-range weaponry, but all four against him would be overwhelming. I could be wrong, though.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@profz: Data was able to stop a Taxi from moving with one hand IIRC, with someone's foot fully on the pedal. While Predator is strong, he's not quite that strong.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@profz: Data was able to stop a Taxi from moving with one hand IIRC, with someone's foot fully on the pedal. While Predator is strong, he's not quite that strong.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

False, while Data is strong enough to stop a taxi, a Predator is strong enough to flip over a van and punch a military vehicle off-road with a single punch.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Floopay

@nick_hero22: Yes, but that's in a position where he's actually exerting himself. Data was crouched, and holding back the taxi with one hand while it's tires were spinning because in full acceleration it couldn't so much as move him.

Which means he's in an extremely compromised position using one hand...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@nick_hero22: Yes, but that's in a position where he's actually exerting himself. Data was crouched, and holding back the taxi with one hand while it's tires were spinning because in full acceleration it couldn't so much as move him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I don't find this particularly convincing! So, you are telling me that Data wasn't exerting any or very little force when pulling the car back with his hand?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I don't find this particularly convincing! So, you are telling me that Data wasn't exerting any or very little force when pulling the car back with his hand?

He wasn't pulling anything, he was crouched, not exerting, and the arm holding the taxi back wasn't even straight, it was slightly bent at the elbow, which means he's probably exerting less than half his maximum force!

I'm telling you, Data is a badass, just ask @fetts

Jump to - 26:25

Loading Video...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Lol like a walk in the park for Data.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

He wasn't pulling anything, he was crouched, not exerting, and the arm holding the taxi back wasn't even straight, it was slightly bent at the elbow, which means he's probably exerting less than half his maximum force!

I'm telling you, Data is a badass, just ask @fetts

Jump to - 26:25

Loading Video...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pushing his hand against the force of the car is exerting effort. The big question is how much force was Data exerting by pushing against the force of the car? And, you are aware that this is vehicles was 50s model so I doubt that it had as much power as a modern-day vehicle. I'm also not understanding how to this showing is suppose to be better than punching a military vehicle carrying several people with a single hit off-road.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: As a 1930s Taxi, it should have weighed about 2.5 tons, and he easily pushing almost double it's weight in force.

Stopping a car powering full force forward is actually much harder than tipping a van over. The wind can do the latter, and that sir, is a fact. Vehicles aren't meant to handle much force from the side, and depending on the vehicle it can happen pretty easily, you actually only have to rock a car slightly, as it's own weight will carry it the rest of the way. Stopping a car while it's doing exactly what it's designed to do, that's saying a lot.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@nick_hero22: As a 1930s Taxi, it should have weighed about 2.5 tons, and he easily pushing almost double it's weight in force.

Stopping a car powering full force forward is actually much harder than tipping a van over. The wind can do the latter, and that sir, is a fact. Vehicles aren't meant to handle much force from the side, and depending on the vehicle it can happen pretty easily, you actually only have to rock a car slightly, as it's own weight will carry it the rest of the way. Stopping a car while it's doing exactly what it's designed to do, that's saying a lot.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

An adult human can pull and push a modern-day sedan with enough effort, but to think they could lift a car is asinine. So, we have good reasons from our everyday experiences to believe that it requires more strength to lift rather than push and pull an object. The taxi wasn't accelerating because it couldn't overcome the resistant to the force Data applied, so it couldn't have increased it's momentum to make that particular feat impressive.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fetts
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK about the other dude, but that Pred is Scar, an unblooded one, whereas those Xenomorphs are just regular Warriors.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Floopay

@nick_hero22: Your logic isn't exactly correct. A modern vehicle such as a Sedan is about 1/2 to 1/3 the weight, and you're no human being could hold a car back that is flooring the gas pedal as hard as it can go, regardless of their posture.

We have 2.5 tons here, pushing around 110 mechanical horsepower against 220 pounds (Data's approximate weight). Even with the tires worn you're looking at pushing well over half it's weight with minimal effort, let alone full throttle on the pedal.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: It should also be noted if you watch the episode it is more than just apparent that, that particular Taxi wasn't parked next to Data, and a few taxi's had almost run him over prior in the episode while he was there. Which means that taxi ran into him, and even traveling as little as 10 mph you are looking at 9 tons of force.....

And that number is far from out of the ordinary. Data was able to bend something that had the tensile strength to withstand 600,000 psi without being damaged... (@fetts, again, can collaborate that number if you'd like). And again, he was able to do that with minimal effort.

So yeah, I think Data's strength is a bit above predators.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Data has potential to kill 1v1 alien or predator. Also he is the smartest here and only one without emotions.

His strengh is probably between half to one ton. So can easily pick up two aliens (or alien and predator) and kills them. But the problem is his durability. He never looks like real tank.

Still I am going with him.

czk-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

data wouldnt have much problems with aliens,as for predator-it depends how experienced he is,if he fought synthetics before ....

xeno12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xeno12121212

Predator he slaughters the android with ease and after a decent battle he puts down the xenomorphs the android is a none factor in this fight the xenomorphs can easily tear him apart and predators have been known to break concrete with there fist and can lift 10 tons and are extremely durable able to withstand a shotgun to the chest as seen in predator 2

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has to capture the Predator without using the transporter? What's the most durable thing the stun setting on a phasor has taken down because a ranged incap is Data's only chance.

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Alphapunk

@xeno12121212 said:

Predator he slaughters the android with ease and after a decent battle he puts down the xenomorphs the android is a none factor in this fight the xenomorphs can easily tear him apart and predators have been known to break concrete with there fist and can lift 10 tons and are extremely durable able to withstand a shotgun to the chest as seen in predator 2

They could lift a million tons, Star fleet phasers/rifles are going to atomize the Xenos and a high stun setting will put the Pred down.

@cyberzombie_hatchetman said:

He has to capture the Predator without using the transporter? What's the most durable thing the stun setting on a phasor has taken down because a ranged incap is Data's only chance.

Well if they can make weapons that atomize objects we can assume they can stun a life form under one ton. I don't think the question is if it can stun, the question is can data actually land the shot.

Data is pretty badass.

Loading Video...

Super speed.

CV respect thread

Intelligence feats:

-Making a time machine out of nothing but tools from the 19th century. Heck one of the ingredients to this invention was an anvil. (TNG: Time's Arrow, Part II)

-Making a cure to nuclear radiation with tools from a civilization as advanced as we were in the 13th century. And his positronic brain was a little damaged at the same time. (TNG: Thine Own Self)

There are more but he shows Reed Richard levels of intellect.

Reflexes

I have reason to believe that Data has FTL (Faster Than Light) reflexes.

-He's dodged a phaser blast from about 5 ft. Despite what your belief may be (and what used to be mine), phasers actually fire at the speed of light, as they can be fired during warp speeds. Now I'm not referring to the instance in the video above (0:32), which has pretty bad graphics for a phaser blast in my personal opinion. However, I'm referring to the TNG episode "Legacy", where Ishara Yar fired at Data. That phaser blast is more accurate and faster than the phaser blast in the video above I assure you (TNG: Legacy).

-Has dodged a drilling laser. This is however is debatable as to if it was a showing of FTL reflexes. While lasers travel at the speed of light, there was a targeting laser that fired onto Data's head before the destructive laser was fired. So it's hard to tell if the destructive laser inside the targeting laser was actually moving at the speed of light. But at the same time, it is indeed possible that it was moving at the speed of light (TNG: Home Soil).

It's been said by some that these feats are PIS. But given how fast his brain works, and how slowly he perceives time. I find it perfectly plausible. It may be hard for us to imagine Data perceiving time so slowly that he can dodge projectiles moving at the speed of light. But you have to remember that he is an android/artificial organism. Time means nothing to him.

Durability

While there are not many durability feats, the few that he's had seem to be pretty impressive.

Durability feats:

-Data's best durability feat was when he was shown to be bullet proof in Star Trek: First Contact. Furthermore, the gun that shot Data was an automatic submachine gun (I think) from 2063, and thus more advanced than today's guns.

Bulletproof+ feat. By 2063 the piercing power should be much, much higher. Likely a sub machine gun in 50 years would be equal to a 50 caliber sniper rifle now.

Data is more than capable of pulling this off, he has superior firepower and reflexes. He's no slouch h2h, probably 3-4 ton range and ftl reflexes/super speed