jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By jashro44

No Caption Provided

Alright so I am still doing these. The next match up I am choosing to do is Deathstroke vs Wolverine! The last one I did was Captain America vs Batman. If your curious what these are or where I got the idea check out the last one.

No Caption Provided

The Conditions

Rules

• This is 616 Wolverine. This is Post Crisis Deathstroke despite what the image above shows.
  • Both are operating in character
  • Both have standard equipment
  • There is no prep time
  • Victory can be achieved through any means

Setting

• They begin 50 ft apart
  • They begin visible
  • Fight takes place in a city at night. Neither combatant has knowledge on the location.

Physicals

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on strength because I don't think strength is going to be relevant here. Both wolverine and Deathstroke rely on weapons when they fight so I don't really think strength will be to relevant. The only scenario I see it maybe being relevant is if Wolverine is pressing his claws against Slade, and Slade has to physically hold wolverine back. But if Deathstroke has gotten into that sort of position he probably isn't going to win, but we'll get into that later in the blog. I don't think there is a difference when it comes to Wolverine and Post Crisis Deathstroke's strength anyhow.

When it comes to the subject of speed both Wolverine and Deathstroke are incredibly quick. Starting this part off by talking about wolverine, not only is wolverine capable of attacking insanely fast, but he can also dodge bullets contrary to what some believe. Wolverine has moved faster than the human eye can track on many occasions. The marvel handbook also does consider wolverine to have enhanced human reflexes as well.

Deathstroke is in the same tier of speed. He has been stated to be faster than batman who has done similar to the above. Not to mention Slade himself has also been able to throw swords at faster than the eye speed. And while speedster tagging feats aren't really measurable I do think its worth noting Deathstroke has reacted to speedsters on several occasions. Similar to how wolverines speed is rated as an enhanced human on paper, so is Deathstroke's.

No Caption Provided

However there is one key difference between Deathstroke and Wolverine on paper. That difference is Deathstroke's enhanced brain capacity. As you can read in Slade's bio above Deathstroke has been given enhanced brain capacity. This idea was based around the theory that humans only use 10% of there brain cells, so Deathstroke would use 90%. This idea to my understanding has since been debunked but this is the logic that was used at the time of Deathstroke's creation so this is the logic we will apply here. As a result of Deathstroke being given his enhanced brain capacity, this makes it so thought and action are one with Slade:

No Caption Provided

For Deathstroke his reflexes are instantaneous with his thoughts. This leads me to believe that Deathstroke should have a reactionary advantage over Wolverine. Another point I do feel is that even though wolverine can be very acrobatic I do feel like Deathstroke also has the advantage in that category as well. Another power of Deathstroke's enhancements is the ability to control every muscle within his body. This ability is so precise he can trick a machine into thinking he is dead. He has used this ability to survive being flung extremely far by Terra for example:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The above isn't Deathstroke's best agility feat but I think it explains what I am talking about the best.Deathstroke has more precise control over his muscles than Wolverine which should make him more flexible. Basically I feel like there are a few subtle differences between how Slade's enhancements work versus Wolverine's. And I think Slade's enhancements give him the advantage.

As I said I don't think strength matters, and I do feel like Slade and Wolverine are close enough on paper and in terms of feats where neither really has an advantage. Deathstroke probably wont win this fight by being slightly stronger, and Wolverine doesn't need to over power Slade when he is running at him with adamantium claws. He just needs to be strong enough where he wont be over power easily and I think that's managable for Wolverine. Durability isn't something I am going to talk about in this section because Wolverine has a healing factor and adamantium bones and I plan to discuss that later under "X-factor's". I think those are more special qualities than wolverine's inherent physicals. I think its more interesting and relevant to compare those traits to Deathstroke's weapons than count them as a physical stat even though I can see how some would count admanatium bones and Logan's healing factor towards his physical durability.

However when it comes to speed and agility I do think Deathstroke has a slight advantage over Wolverine.

Fighting Ability

I am choosing to count this category as fighting ability rather than skill, because I am going to throw tactical ability in this category as well. My thought process here is some characters I use in the future may not be great martial artists but could be great fighters due to how smart they are. I also feel like the point of being talented in martial arts is know how to use them correctly to give you an advantage. So that's how I intend to look at this category.

In terms of fighting skills Deathstroke has faced some of the most talented martial artists in the DC universe and often times came out on top. Deathstroke has fought and defeated the likes of Batman, Nightwing, and Black Canary. In the case of Nightwing it is true they have gone back and fourth a bit however the way I personally rationalize most of Nightwing's better showings against Deathstroke is him using his agility. In Nightwing #82 Nightwing admitted he normally does everything he can to keep his distance from Slade, stating that fighting Deathstroke is "all about distance and evasion". And I think this is a theme that is consistent in most of Nightwing and Deathstroke's battles. And also during Nightwing #18 which is another one of Nightwing's stronger showings against Slade, Nightwing admitted Slade could kill him "without breaking a sweat". Some people will bring up how when Deathstroke fought Batman, he admitted he wouldn't want to fight Batman if not for his enhanced physicals, which does suggest Batman is the better martial artist.

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke has also faced Cassandra Cain as well and they have a fairly controversial history. They have gone back and fourth (sometimes with Cass seemingly having the upper hand, and sometimes Slade toys with her), and it is fair to say that Cass is a better fighter, however she has admitted that Deathstroke is faster, stronger and smarter. What this shows is just because Cass might be a better martial artist than Deathstroke doesn't mean she is better overall when Slade is capable of getting inside of her head. However its not just Cass that Slade's intellect helps him against but even going hand to hand with entire teams of Titans his intellect helps him a lot. Slade has said that The Titans going H2H with him is a mistake:

No Caption Provided

When Slade fights entire teams of Titans he knows how to turn there numbers into a disadvantage. Now you might say that this skill isn't really helpful against Wolverine but I think Slade's skills as a team buster shows his awareness of his surroundings, and also obviously shows his tactical ability quite well. For example when Rose had her sword against his neck in the same fight, Deathstroke ducked and some batarangs hit Rose in the face. She didn't see them until it was to late because Deathstroke's body was obstructing her view.

No Caption Provided

Also similarly to with Cass this also shows Deathstroke is mindful of what buttons to push to get an enemy riled up in combat. The way Deathstroke's mind works is that due to his enhanced brain capacity he is capable of thinking faster as well. According to Green Arrow by the time he reacts Slade already has the whole fight planned out and is a dozen of moves ahead:

No Caption Provided

Before I start talking about Wolverine's intellect I will talk briefly about his martial arts ability. Wolverine is someone who has been alive for centuries, and he has trained under several different masters. He has been taught by some of the greatest martial artists throughout history, the weapon X programs, Shi'ar Combat Priests, etc.

No Caption Provided

However it should be noted that Wolverine has gone through periods where he has not always retained his skills because he does not always practice regularly. This is a point that Wolverine's sensei Master Po brought up during Manifest Destiny. And I do think its important when discussing Wolverine's skills that we should look at Wolverine when he remembers his skills, and also Wolverine when he does rely on his healing factor. Some examples of this would be in Savage Wolverine #7 where Logan says he isn't much good in a fight, and also in X-Force #32 where he leaves himself open for a strike from Sabretooth in order to wake up his berserker mode.

However in the case of both fights its worth noting that when Wolverine does wake his feral berserker he ends up kicking a lot of ass. For example in X-force #32 he ends up beating Sabretooth, Skinless Man, the new Omega Red, and Omega White by himself. And it should be noted that when Wolverine is at his peak he has wins over the likes of Daredevil, Iron Fist, and Shang-Chi all without relying on his healing factor. So while Wolverine does have his showings where he does forget how to fight its also important to keep in mind that Wolverine when he does remember how to fight actually has defeated some of the best fighters in the marvel universe.

And while Wolverine does have a tenancy to rely on his healing factor and we have see it be his down fall in the past, we also have seen wolverine take advantage of his ability to tank damage in the past. For example when he fought Gorgon Wolverine said that he wouldn't try to match Gorgon blow for blow but instead would just try to lock his blade between his adamantium rib cage.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It didn't nessasarily work out but it is a clever strategy for dealing with an enemy who is faster and a better overall fighter. If Gorgon didn't have a healing factor of his own, Logan's claws might have messed him up. In general when it comes to Wolverine's intelligence he is smarter than most would give him credit. Even the marvel handbook has described his intelligence as "above normal". We have also seen Wolverine take advantage of the environment in the past like during his battle with Omega Red during Wolverine origins. Contrary to what most believe Wolverine does fall back on using the environment when he is outmatched.

No Caption Provided

Overall when it comes to who is the better fighter its a tough call to make. However I am going to choose to give the advantage to Deathstroke overall. Wolverine at his peak is the better martial artist, however I do think its important to acknowledge Wolverine doesn't always perform at his peak due to his lack of discipline. And that is an advantage Deathstroke has on Wolverine. And even though Wolverine's intellect shouldn't be underestimated Deathstroke should hold the advantage in intellect due to his enhanced brain capacity. Due to his ability to think faster it is likely that whatever Wolverine thinks of, Deathstroke will think of it first.

X-Factor's

I've already talked a bit about Wolverine's X-factor's a little bit so I will start with him. As I've mentioned above he has an adamantium skeleton, which coats every bone in his body and also his claws. Adamantium cannot be destroyed by anything in Deathstroke's which means that Wolverine cannot be decapitated, have his limbs sliced off, or anything of the sort. He can also use his adamantium skeleton to jam melee weapons between his bones. Not only has he done this against Gorgon but also Silver Samurai:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And with his healing factor it makes any damage Wolverine does receive something he can recover from. Even getting his face blown off doesn't stop Wolverine. Wolverine has ran through bullets, massive explosions, and taken punches from class 100's like the hulk, and has shown the ability to recover rather quickly. However I think it is also important to note that Wolverine isn't invincible. Logan is not invulnerable so he still takes damage. Strikes to his vital organs and major arteries can put him down. While Logan has sometimes shrugged off stabs to the heart or slashes across the throat he has also been dropped by those sorts of attacks in the past.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pressure points have been a tad inconsistent in there effectiveness on Wolverine, however I will say Wolverine does seem to have a degree of resistance. Deathstroke also hasn't shown a lot of pressure point based attacks so I don't think this matters. However Wolverine has more than just a formidable defense with his adamantium skeleton and healing factor, he also has a strong offense with his adamantium claws. His claws have cut through several power houses within the marvel universe including Hulk, Thing, Thanos, Gladiator, Red Hulk, etc.

No Caption Provided

There aren't a lot of objects that can meet Wolverine's adamantium claws head on. When Logan's claws are slicing through top tier power houses it kind of suggests there isn't much that can stand up to his claws. So Wolverine has a strong offense and a strong defense with his claws, healing and adamantium skeleton. But in addition to this strong combo Wolverine also has enhanced senses which makes it hard to hard to hide from him.

No Caption Provided

With his enhanced senses it is unlikely Wolverine will be taken off guard. Not only does Wolverine have all of these abilities but when he does experience a lot of pain he can enter a berserker state. In this state Wolverine doesn't experience pain and he gets a slight boost in strength and speed. It is worth noting that it has been stated that even within this state Wolverine is still capable of forming strategic decisions, and still retains his combat skills.

As for Deathstroke he also has some pretty similar powers. Like Wolverine he has a healing factor and also enhanced senses. However his healing factor is nowhere near Wolverine's level. However Slade is still capable of healing wounds in seconds. Also similarly to Wolverine when he takes a lot of damage he also can go into a feral state. However unlike Wolverine he recieves no benefits from entering that state and cannot fight as competently.

No Caption Provided

When it comes to his enhanced senses he has detected tremors on the ground from Terra. He has also claimed his senses are increased 1000X.

No Caption Provided

However Slade's biggest advantage in this fight would be his arsenal of weapons. He has swords, knives, and other weapons that are effective at close range, however he also carries guns, explosives, and his blast staff which can destroy solid rock.

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke also does possess armor but its not really relevant in a fight with Wolverine.

Overall when it comes to who has the advantage here its a tough call. Wolverine is pretty tough however Slade does have a lot of range weapons he can use to get a measure on Wolverine's healing factor and with his enhanced senses he will definitely notice Wolverine's ability to regenerate. From the get-go Slade is going to to be doing a lot of damage. However the question is can Deathstroke drop Wolverine before Logan gets in close? Its possible, however Logan has soaked powerful energy attacks before such as cyclops optic blasts, and also the second silver samurai's giant energy blast. Deathstroke has also been known to carry flash bangs occasionally, however Wolverine can still fight relying on his enhanced sense of smell. So while a flash bang might impede Wolverine a bit, it wont stop him or leave him helpless. Its also possible Deathstroke might not expect Wolverine to be able to smell him.

Up close its basically a case of anything you can do I can do better. Deathstroke has promethium weapons? Adamantium is better. Deathstroke can heal wounds instantly? Wolverine can regenerate from a skeleton in the span of a short phone call. Plus Wolverine has his adamantium skeleton so the long reach of Slade's own sword could work against him as its easier to get it stuck between Wolverine's skeleton. Wolverine's claws will also cut through Slade's weapons and armor. Getting close will be the challenge.

When it comes to X-factor's Wolverine has the advantage.

The Verdict

In the above analysis Deathstroke has taken the advantage in 2/3 categories however that doesn't nessasarily mean he will win. Deathstroke has the advantage in physicals but that advantage is mostly based on how his powerset works. Its not a difference that I would say is very noticeable based on on showings. When it comes to fighting ability it is a lot tougher to call. Wolverine can be more skilled depending on what showings you want to use however Wolverine isn't the most disciplined fighter and that should be considered. Even when Wolverine is fighting at his peak it is possible Deathstroke could still outfight him based on his tactical ability.

However it still wont be easy for Deathstroke to outfight Wolverine, and because of Wolverine's healing factor and adamantium skeleton he can afford to make a mistake. We also need to consider how reliable Deathstroke's intellect is in a random encounter. What can Deathstroke do in a standard city enviornment that can stop Wolverine? The only tactic that came to midn right away is Deathstroke blasting some rubble down on top of Wolverine however the odds of him getting Wolverine in that position and keeping him in that position long enough for the rubble to fall on him doesn't seem like it will happen for a majority of the time. I also don't think Wolverine's own intellect should be underestimated. I've covered it above but Wolverine has several enemies who he can't nessasarily out tough. He also has shown to be abel to use his intellect when he needs to such as against Omega Red or Gorgon when outclassed. I think its fair to say that while Wolverine isn't as smart as Slade he still is mindful of his surroundings.

The big challenge for Wolverine in this fight will be trying to get up close to Deathstroke, and not take to much damage before things get into melee, or take enough damage where Slade can finish him off in melee. And while Deathstroke is a formidable marksman with enhanced senses, his blast staff has been evaded before by the likes of Batman, who I would say has similar agility as Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine has evaded attacks from the likes of Cyclops so I think its fair to say Wolverine can dodge Deathstroke at least some of the time. And whatever he can't dodge he can tank. The starting distance here is only 50ft. When it comes down to CQC Wolverine has a big advantage due to his ability to heal and his admanatium anatomy. I covered this above but Logan in CQC can trap Deathstroke's sword between his rib cage or other bones, he can slice through Deathstroke's sword in CQC, and Deathstroke's armor is useless. Deathstroke has no way of stopping adamantium claws which can cut the likes of the Hulk, unlike Wolverine who's bones will protect him from Slade's weapons.

It is possible Slade can work around this by targeting areas like the throat and avoiding bone, however that is easier said than done while Slade is also trying to avoid being sliced up by an enemy of similar speed. While Slade can heal some damage, he can't regenerate an entire limb, and in general can't regenerate at the rate Wolverine can. Once the fight makes it to close range, it is likely that Deathstroke will lose most of his weapons. Without any weapons for Deathstroke to rely on he can't win in H2H since punching Wolverine will do more damage to himself than it would Wolverine.

I think this is an extremely close fight. Slade has a lot of options at his disposal, but at the end of the day even if he has more advantages, Deathstroke's advantages are slight. His biggest advantage here is his range weapons however Wolverine has the means to get in close with his speed, agility, skill, and his damage soak.

The winner is Wolverine.

No Caption Provided
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You missed the part where you officially declared the winner lol.

Read it all the way through. Another great segment; analysis was spot on. Looking forward to the next match-up.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Great analysis! Please tag me for any other comic based analyses you do.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Seconded tbh, these are some strong stuff

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with these results. Any advantage is slight I'd edge Logan too. Nicely done

LJayG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always good as always. I agree with the outcome as well. This was always a close fight in my opinion, but I knew wolverine still held an edge due to his healing factor. Keep it up.

I have a request too:

A battle with Reed Richards. Random encounter.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 takenstew22  Moderator

@jashro44: Another great post, and I agree with the outcome again. Can you also tag me for future CV's deadliest warrior threads?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Good write up, dude.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Fun fact: in one of his earliest appearances, Deathstroke took down most of the X-Men, including Wolverine, in mere minutes

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_wspanialy  Online

This.

Also Jash, if you take suggestions, Daredevil vs Nightwing would be awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de3bc3375cc5
deactivated-5de3bc3375cc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke is much better.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sy8000  Online

Very good overall and not much to disagree with. Just a couple of curiosities.

It is worth noting that it has been stated that even within this state Wolverine is still capable of forming strategic decisions, and still retains his combat skills.

Is it usually depicted this way? The instance with Mr. X makes this questionable.

he can slice through Deathstroke's sword in CQC

Does this usually happen when Logan fights someone with non-adamantium weapons? I feel like blades not cutting through other blades is a bit of a trope though I can't think of any examples with Logan specifically.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@jashro44: this.............is absolutely fantastic my man. I would expect no less from you. However THIS is what the Vine needs again on a regular basis. Bravo good sir, well done indeed.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@jashro44: this.............is absolutely fantastic my man. I would expect no less from you. However THIS is what the Vine needs again on a regular basis. Bravo good sir, well done indeed.

vine needs to unban dbz/dbs v comics

Sadly, those matchups have never been able to work. Users are too stubborn and they usually turn out very ugly.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicpal77: sure, but let's not derail this thread further lol.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By The_Justiciar

@jashro44: Fantastic breakdown. Tag me in future installments.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great article was indeed an awesome reading! If you don't mind tag me for next comparisons, I would appreciate!

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great breakdown and thread, good job.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked this thread. It was a good refresher. Good job!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000:

Is it usually depicted this way? The instance with Mr. X makes this questionable.

I don't think it does. The scan says "he retains highly sophisticated combat skills and is capable of of complex strategic decisions with in a compressed time frame". I think the complex time frame part is the key here. I think Wolverine in his berserker mode is smart in the moment and he still fights smart (in the way an athlete is smart) but he isn't trying to predict his enemies next move.

I assume your talking about this scan. Here Wolverine says he isn't thinking from one move to the next and its all instinct. Basically Logan is only thinking about in the moment because its all just instinct but he isn't strategizing 4 or 5 moves later (Wolverine V2 168).

That's how I see it. I am sure there are instances that do contradict. However I feel like a lot of writers mostly go with him being better at killing when he is berserk.

Does this usually happen when Logan fights someone with non-adamantium weapons? I feel like blades not cutting through other blades is a bit of a trope though I can't think of any examples with Logan specifically.

There have been instances before where blades haven't broken on Wolverine's claws. However I think its one of those things that should happen logically. The whole thing with adamantium is its so tough it can cut through anything including Gladiator, Hulk, Thor, etc. Even if you don't want to go that far adamantium can slice through reinforced steel and stuff.

It could have to do with the way the person parries his claws. Probably not but it could be an explanation.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By _Logos_

I like the part about Fighting Ability. Slade may not be as skilled in martial arts as some of his foes, but he's got stats and tactical strategies that give him the edge against them. I think Wolverine is more skilled than Deathstroke in martial-arts, but Slade still has other skills when it comes to combat. Your conclusion is also the same one I would've gone with, which is that Wolverine wins. Overall solid analysis.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke is more Anti Captain America.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jashro44

@senglord said:

Deathstroke is more Anti Captain America.

I think Deathstroke is bringing gear better suited for a fight with Wolverine.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 takenstew22  Moderator

So basically...

Wolverine > Deathstroke > Batman > Captain America.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

fair point on that. Slade has enough equipment to put up a better fight against Wolverine than any other street level character*

*Spider-Man is not street level in any meaningful sense. He is a weak mid tier gussied up into Street Level fights. I would have a trans woman South Park gif up to make my point, but I am too old fashioned for that kind of cybernetic horseplay.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord said:

@jashro44:

fair point on that. Slade has enough equipment to put up a better fight against Wolverine than any other street level character*

*Spider-Man is not street level in any meaningful sense. He is a weak mid tier gussied up into Street Level fights. I would have a trans woman South Park gif up to make my point, but I am too old fashioned for that kind of cybernetic horseplay.

Well that depends where you draw the line for street level. I am sure if I have it some thought I could think of a few street levelers that can beat Wolverine for a majority.

I personally consider Spider-man the gold standard for street levelers. He can fight above his pay grade because of the combo of his abilities but is still street level himself.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#33 frozen  Moderator

Bump. Great post.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34  Edited By owie  Moderator

Great. I agree, we need more of this. I appreciate the even-handedness. It's clear that we're reading an attempt to get to the truth, as opposed to some debates where each debater to one degree or another focuses on their character's best attributes rather than considering their strengths and weaknesses equally. I was thinking the other day while making some scans how we so often only look at the positive evidence of feats--what can they do--rather than the negative evidence--what have they been proven to not be able to do. For instance, we focus on when someone is tied up by something and breaks out of it as evidence of their strength, but don't focus as much on when they're tied up and can't break out as evidence of a limit on their strength; and this kind of negative feat happens a lot.

I can't decide personally if Deathstroke's tactical mind would beat out Logan's healing factor advantage, most likely via incap. But their skills are close enough that I'm not sure he could pull off a straight hand-to-hand incap, he'd probably have to utilize the environment to do so and that's not going to be consistent.

Tag me in the future please!

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice analysis

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

Great. I agree, we need more of this. I appreciate the even-handedness. It's clear that we're reading an attempt to get to the truth, as opposed to some debates where each debater to one degree or another focuses on their character's best attributes rather than considering their strengths and weaknesses equally. I was thinking the other day while making some scans how we so often only look at the positive evidence of feats--what can they do--rather than the negative evidence--what have they been proven to not be able to do. For instance, we focus on when someone is tied up by something and breaks out of it as evidence of their strength, but don't focus as much on when they're tied up and can't break out as evidence of a limit on their strength; and this kind of negative feat happens a lot.

I can't decide personally if Deathstroke's tactical mind would beat out Logan's healing factor advantage, most likely via incap. But their skills are close enough that I'm not sure he could pull off a straight hand-to-hand incap, he'd probably have to utilize the environment to do so and that's not going to be consistent.

Tag me in the future please!

Well yea I think people have gotten a bit crazy with that. I do like to lean more towards higher end feats because I do try to avoid down playing.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 well done. Thanks for the tag. Keep up the good work.

This was really close.

I like how you are choosing characters with similar powers.

It would be fun to see a fight between two with different abilities. I make a suggestion here:

Sabertooth vs Nightcrawler

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

This was, as others already mentioned, fantastic. If possible, i would like a tag for more.

Great verdict

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real advantage Logan have is always his claws, it' a huge advantage in many scenarios, however if Slade could wear his NTH armor or the Ikon suit, could definitely win cause he would have a good protection against Logan's piercings attacks.

CaptFalcon725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@senglord said:

@jashro44:

Well that depends where you draw the line for street level. I am sure if I have it some thought I could think of a few street levelers that can beat Wolverine for a majority.

I personally consider Spider-man the gold standard for street levelers. He can fight above his pay grade because of the combo of his abilities but is still street level himself.

Spider man, traditionally, has no real direct defenses against telepathy, magic, or bullets. He is street level. He's at the top of street level, but he is there. Beyond-street level people tend not to get shot. (How you doin' Post-Crisis Wonder Woman? smh)

OT: Agree with the analysis. Logan high diff every time.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alligatian

amazing_webhead

Fun fact: in one of his earliest appearances, Deathstroke took down most of the X-Men, including Wolverine, in mere minutes

And Logan nearly one-shotted DS in that same issue with a simple back-hand, lol

Anyways to the O.P. nice match up