Comicvine Martial Arts Tournament RD1:Comic_book_fan vs KingRagnar

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Welcome to the 1 ComicVine Martial arts tournament. This a first round match on the CV bracket.

No Caption Provided

Rules

1. 16 participants total. 8 from discord, 8 from CV
  2. 2 Brackets, winners face each other in the finals
  3. Pick 1 character who has to be less skilled than Jin Mo Ri or Karate kid
  4. No Stat Amping
  5. No Pre Cognition
  6. No skill copying(but any previously copied skill remains)
  7. Everyones stats are equalized to MCU Cap
  8. Win by Death, Incap, KO, RO
  9. Move reading, predicting moves is allowed.
  10. Battles will all take place in the same arena
  11. Everyone is just wearing Gi. You can choose

Battleground

All fights will take place here

No Caption Provided

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 emperorthanos-  Moderator
King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

taep

psi-bite234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 geekryan  Online

T4V

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

Youk66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Youk66

I feel like KR gonna Dominate this one

All of the best both of you btw

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daniel Rand K'ai, The Immortal Iron Fist

"I am the white hot clenched fist of rage"

=================================================================

Intro and and Martial art background

To sum his bio up, he crash landed in the Himalayan mountains, was found by a group of monks and was trained to be the ultimate fighting machine. To say that Daniel Rand is a top tier martial artist and highly skilled fighter, would be a severe and major understatement. Iron Fist is widely regarded as one of the best if not the best fighter in the 616 Universe, and not without purpose or evidence to back it up. For starters, Danny per the official Marvel handbook entry, is a master of all of K'un Lun martial arts and has trained in in the usage of every martial arts weapons.

No Caption Provided

Not only has Danny mastered every K'un Lun martial art, he was also trained in the usage of every single form of combat

No Caption Provided

Not only that, his skill improved exponentially even more post Immortal Iron Fist, when he mastered the ancient arts of the book of the Iron Fist and absorbed the Chi of the former holder of the mantle of Iron Fist, Orson Randall.

No Caption Provided

==========================================================

Skill application

1. Skill is broad term that is often thrown around with no meaning to it. Having superior skill does not necessarily mean you can apply it to perfection. Iron Fist is a perfect example of executing your martial skill and prowess in combat to it's perfection. Not only that, Danny has also managed to execute other people's fighting style and use it against them. Now for starters,Danny was capable of fighting on an even footing with Daredevil whilst not even using his own K'un Lun martial arts, he was imitating Daredevil's style (Daredevil Vol 2 #87). Now keep in mind as i mentioned before, Danny was not using his own fighting style, he was imitating Matt's style. So not only was Danny using a fighting style that he was not accustomed to, he managed to hold his own using it against the person who invented that fighting style, which is a testament to how adaptable Danny can be in skill application. I'm pretty sure i don't need to delve into how absurdly skilled Matt is, being capable of fighting the likes of Captain America, Black Panther, Karnak, Wolverine, Elektra, Bullseye etc. What makes this showing even more impressive, is that this was prior to Danny mastering the ancient arts in the book of the Iron Fist (As mentioned in my previous section), and per Danny's own statement, Matt would have been no match for him had he faced him after his mastery of the arts of the book of the Iron Fist. (Shadowland #3) :

No Caption Provided

2. Before delving into how impressive this is, i want to establish just how absurdly skilled Danny's opponent was. Gorgon is the type of person who is capable of completely and utterly fodderizing Shang Chi, someone who in his own right, is a master of every known Martial art in the world. Now that's just the tip of the ice berg, Gorgon is also capable of utterly humiliating Elektra, to the point where she could not land a single hit on him (Wolverine Vol 3 #24). Now that we've established just how absurdly skilled Tomi Shisido is, let me show you how his fight turned out to be when he went up against Iron Fist (New Avengers Vol 2 #23). Notice how throughout the fight, Tomi was only able to land only a single strike. In comparison, Danny was countering Tomi's every move and hitting back with a series of strikes of his own that Tomi in turn was not able to counter himself. Just to put that into perspective, Danny was fighting top tier martial artist in the 616 Universe and was countering his every move. Not only Danny is a highly adaptable fighter, as shown in his fight whilst using Daredevil's fighting style, he also knows how to use his opponents strength against them.

No Caption Provided

3. Another example of Danny's skill application is his usage of pressure point/nerve strikes and his capability of finding weak points, similar to the way Karnak does. In an encounter with Orson Randall, a former wielder of the mantle of Iron Fist himself, Danny is capable of locating multiple weak points and soft spots on the former's face and strike accordingly (The Immortal Iron Fist #3). Another example of this would be when he manages to affect the likes of Spider-Man with a nerve pinch (Spider-Man #41) :

No Caption Provided

Another example of his nerve strike/pressure point combat application is when he managed to fully knockout Misty Knight with a similar nerve strike to the one he used against Spider-Man (Marvel Premiere #21) Or such as the time he also managed to knockout a thug with a nerve pinch (Power Man and Iron Fist Vol 1 #88) :

No Caption Provided

==========================================================

Initial thoughts

I don't want to throw down all my cards just yet. I'm confident that Danny has is skillful enough to outfight Bruce in a martial arts battle. He's more adaptable with his fighting style, has better use of pressure points and nerve strikes and knows how to integrate them into his moves and knows how to use his opponents moves against them.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

TAEP

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really good i need a minute to try to make my post as pretty as yours but bruce easily has these traits and then some i should have my full reply up by to night.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

every time i start my response and try to make it look good my page refreshes and i lose the whole thing so i am just going to counter your arguements like i would in a normal thread.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@comic_book_fan: bump. you can save posts ever so often by just posting and have work in progress at the bottom

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emperorthanos-  Moderator
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers