Comicvine Martial Arts Tournament RD1: Reaverlation vs Defiant_Will(Open For Votes)

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Welcome to the 1 ComicVine Martial arts tournament. This a first round match on the discord bracket.

No Caption Provided

Rules

1. 16 participants total. 8 from discord, 8 from CV
  2. 2 Brackets, winners face each other in the finals
  3. Pick 1 character who has to be less skilled than Jin Mo Ri or Karate kid
  4. No Stat Amping
  5. No Pre Cognition
  6. No skill copying(but any previously copied skill remains)
  7. Everyones stats are equalized to MCU Cap
  8. Win by Death, Incap, KO, RO
  9. Move reading, predicting moves is allowed.
  10. Battles will all take place in the same arena
  11. Everyone is just wearing Gi. You can choose

Battleground

All fights will take place here

No Caption Provided

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 emperorthanos-  Moderator
BrownZeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP the battlefield. Also TAEP since I like both characters

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheWatcherKing  Online

T4V

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

Atomickitten15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAEP

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bambina, The Monkey King!

EEK!
EEK!

Alrighty let us commence this highly anticipated skill tourney with a match-up that seems a bit more unusual than the other matches. In this round, I will be using one of Toriko's most famous and most powerful of its verse. Now one thing that seems outplace, just like the OP pic, is that Bambina is a... well Monkey or to be more specific a Ballboon, a rare species of Primate. But more than that, he's one of the Eight Kings (or former by EoS) and among one of the most powerful, having rule over one of Main Continents of the Gourmet World. To see more of Bambina, here's his Datacard. If there's one thing I wanna mention about the Datacard, Bambina is not only right below 5 feet in height but weighs 25 tons so a weird balance of his physical stature will play a part in how his opponent will engage in H2H with the Monkey King.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that his short bio is over with, let's go over why Bambina is in this tourney in the first place. And the reason for that sums up to one word: ENBU. Now what is Enbu? Well that's what I'm here to go over and it begins to what Enbu actually is:

No Caption Provided

...what? Like that's what Enbu entails too: A Monkey Dance! This won't be a fight! It'll be a dance off!.....

But for real. There's clearly more to Enbu than being able to dance in a particular fashion, one that failure to do completely at 100% resulted in fear of death! As one such devious Nitro says himself:

No Caption Provided

As it's said: the basis is Dodging Power but there's more benefits that come with an individual who hones every cell in their body, which one has to do before they start training in Monkey Martial Arts. Through honing their cells into complete cooperation and to be unified as one, you allow one self to repel all types of forces, including gravity itself! Now this is impressive so you would think: how skilled do you gotta be to achieve these types of capabilities?! Well let's look at the Pyramid of Monkey Martial Arts to see how it's all leveled down:

No Caption Provided

As the hierarchy for how Area 7 is shown, we see how it goes from Novice to Master at the top with the Monkey King himself literally above the entire pyramid, meaning even Masters of Monkey Martial Arts don't even register to Bambina. Now remember what I said earlier that users of Monkey Martial Arts can dodge even gravity? Well... even Novices can withstand higher gravity using Enbu.

But how does one go about learning and achieving even a Novice rank in the ways of Monkey Martial Arts? Well it begins with something known as a...

No Caption Provided

A B.B. Pill! Now what about training with this creature that enables one to get on their way to master Enbu? Well as it's mentioned in the scan above: the B.B. pill demonstrates different defensive properties that people or creatures have to be able to anticipate to catch in their hands. A quick thing to note is how the B.B. Pills are found on the 100G Mountain. But the overall point is to juggle as many B.B. pills as you can which is a very hard thing to do one since for example one of the defensive properties is to secrete Poison which releases in 0.1 seconds on a mountain of 100x Gravity. Here's another scan(s) of the struggle the Heavenly Kings went through in learning Enbu:

No Caption Provided

We see how Sunny throws a B.B. Pill gently in the air for it to drop too fast for him to catch while Coco's arm fell straight down and cracked the ground of the 100G Mountain upon impact. As Coco makes note: since his cells aren't in unification and acting as one, he failed to register the idea of the B.B. Pill getting heavy ( The Heavenly Kings are about Relativistic - FTL up to this point and Coco can see the future of sorts as a FYI). So even while this training teaches the Cells of one person to act as one, it also provides a training to keep one's reactions in tip top shape meaning that even various kinds of attacks either fast, slow, light or heavy, are things NOVICE Enbu users can handle. The Four Heavenly Kings showed Mastery of it but even with such progression, they showed how maintaining unification is tiresome and takes a toll on the body (they've been training for days prior to this). But as the progression continues, they increased their Enbu capabilities from when they started to divert more than Gravity like so:

No Caption Provided

We see here the Four Heavenly Kings continue their training as they progress to the top of 100G mountain, meaning the gravity is increasing, while they train with other users of Monkey Martial Arts from Brown Belts to Assistant Instructors. They're learning to not only ignore the harmful effects of higher gravity but the attacks of the other Monkeys at the same time while the Heavenly Kings aren't at peak capacity. But you gotta remember one thing with all of this: Bambina is theGrandmaster of Monkey Martial Arts and he's shown it as explained here how literally billions of Monkeys competed for the title of not just The Monkey King but be one of the Eight Kings themselves.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now how is Bambina gonna engage in this fight? Well even though Bambina is a playful-type character, he won't hesistate to kill those who go against him even like how it's explained to Toriko in this scan:

No Caption Provided

His way of going into a fight will be a completely unexpected factor and to show his first fight in the series, Let's have a look:

Left, Up Down in order of scans
Left, Up Down in order of scans

In this set of scans, We see that three of the Kings prepare to attack Bambina but while Sunny takes 0.1 to blink, he opens his eyes and realizes the others have been massacred. Now they were clearly still alive as my other scans have shown but what happened?

No Caption Provided

well that yes but like in detail:

No Caption Provided

This was just a game to Bambina showing how when Sunny blinked, the Monkey King thought he was in a game of Hide n Seek. With that, he went on the "offensive" by having Zebra's head spin dozens of times by the air pressure of Bambina pointing to the left. He then goes after Coco by destroying his knees as a practical joke and finishes off Toriko by tearing his arm off in a match of Arm Wrestling. Even after this, the pollen from a Sundoriko had Bambina blow apart the Landscape with a Sneeze. Overall, this fight is mean to show that Bambina isn't using a particular technique or move in these scans but rather to show he fights in a different and very random way. He's not necessarily fighting but playing or dancing with his opponents.

Summary:

Now it might feel like I didn't show much for Bambina but I didn't want to make the intro too crazy. This was more to showcase and explain some of how Enbu aka Monkey Martial Arts works. There's still more of how Enbu can be used but this should be a healthy supply of info on its basics and whatnot. Remember that Bambina is the Grandmaster of the Monkey Dance so anything Novices to Masters can accomplish, Bambina can as well. He also doesn't fight like how you'd expect a martial artist to fight with variations of high and low kicks, precise jabs and hooks and anything of that sort. He's going in like a crazy Monkey hellbent on playfully killing his opponents and that's just the start of it. And with that, I turn it over to you Gear!

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Intro - Monster vs Monkey

Throughout his Hero Hunting career, Garou has faced many types of opponent. From Macho Musclemen to Heroic Furries to Monsters from their own Secret Society. However, this particular match up is so peculiar that it makes the obscurity of that list seem tame. Today- in a tournament of seasoned and respected martial artist, infamous across the battle forums for their insane levels of skill and fighting prowess- the opponent to the Hero Hunter Garou is none other than... a dancing monkey:

No Caption Provided

I'd be remiss to not admit that my opponent has done quite an exceptional job at explaining why Bambina doesn't belong in a zoo instead of a martial art tournament. I think that Bambina has the potential to challenge Garou in some aspects. That said, I am a tad bit skeptical of the "advantages" my opponent is trying to press:

Overall, this fight is mean to show that Bambina isn't using a particular technique or move in these scans but rather to show he fights in a different and very random way. He's not necessarily fighting but playing or dancing with his opponents.

Reaver, it seems like you are banking on Bambina's unorthodox and unpredictable fighting style, at least from what you have presented thus far. I know you are holding stuff back, so I too will do the same to maintain the pace. This opener will mainly address your initial conclusions.

===================================================================================

There was a point in time where unpredictable, animalistic fighting patterns would completely overwhelm Garou. We saw this quite explicitly admitted by Garou himself after getting absolutely wrecked by Watchdog Man.

One Punch Man: Chapter 77

I'd like to emphasize how Garou describes Watchdog Man, his animal-based fighting style proving his wardrobe and moniker weren't just for show. This was a Garou that had experienced his first loss and was quite early into his Hero Hunt, far less skilled than he would become by the end of the arc. I'd also like to emphasize the erratic nature of Watchdog Man's fighting style. Before Garou actually fought Watchdog Man, he was observing his movements to counter it, and was confident in his ability to do so. Garou even said that Watchdog Man had no special technique and that he had seen through his attacks. On paper, such a scenario should be a instant win for Garou considering that his whole fighting style at the time revolved around reading through the movements of others. Note in the linked instance, Garou didn't have the luxury of having the prep time to read through King's fighting pattern. However, against Watchdog Man, he watched him for several of his fights, giving him an ample amount of time to assess posture and center of gravity (as shown in the linked instance). And yet, Garou still couldn't find a counter for it.

One Punch Man: Chapter 67
One Punch Man: Chapter 67

The takeaway at this point should be that Watchdog Man is a Hero with an animal-based fighting style, one so erratic that a martial art genius in Garou (Pre Monsterfication) couldn't counter it after seeing it firsthand before their battle. The animalistic and unpredictable nature of Watchdog Man is what led to Garou's defeat. But, even after getting his ass handed to him, Garou still saw an opportunity for growth:

We later see the fruits of his labor during his battle with Genos. When weakened and fatigued beyond belief, Garou is able to recall and flawlessly mimic the movements of Watchdog Man. The very movements he himself couldn't predict chapter prior, let alone perfectly copy them, allows him to move in such a manner that even Genos couldn't keep track. Garou even got behind Genos before he could even react, which is impressive considering that Genos very clearly had a speed advantage over him.

One Punch Man: Chapter 83
One Punch Man: Chapter 83

As such, I find it questionable that Bambina's unorthodox fighting style would pose any significant threat to Garou considering that Garou can implement such styles into battle scenarios on the fly, perfectly mimicking them on his first attempt. If Garou himself couldn't deal with unpredictable fighting styles, how would he himself have been able to mimic and use said style to maximum effectiveness? Another thing I'd like to throw out there is that this-

He also doesn't fight like how you'd expect a martial artist to fight with variations of high and low kicks, precise jabs and hooks and anything of that sort

-also isn't new to Garou by any stretch. Just look at his fight with Metal Bat, where Garou easily counters Metal Bat's "Brutal Tornado," which is literally Metal Bat spinning in circles with his bat. Garou even notes that this isn't even an attack and he counters it anyway. This instance undermines the effectiveness of unconventional attacks (attacks not involving variations of kicks and punches) against Garou, and this was before Garou became even better at dealing such styles (before he fought against and learned from Watchdog Man).

One Punch Man: Chapter 58
One Punch Man: Chapter 58

I'll end my opener here. I know Reav and I are just getting started and there is plenty more to show for both Garou and Bambina. My goal in this opener was to sent the foundation for Garou's victory and show that he is more than capable of dealing with Bambina's trademark unpredictable fighting style. That said, the floor is now yours once again. Good luck and let's have a fun debate:

No Caption Provided

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emperorthanos-  Moderator
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 emperorthanos-  Moderator
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry for the wait in regards to this round. With being out of this for so long, a proper train of thought for this post might be off so I'll go ahead and do my best here:

Reaver, it seems like you are banking on Bambina's unorthodox and unpredictable fighting style, at least from what you have presented thus far.

Based on my intro, that's not true really. It's the user of ENBU that I'm relying on which is you know... the Martial Arts Bambina uses.

As such, I find it questionable that Bambina's unorthodox fighting style would pose any significant threat to Garou considering that Garou can implement such styles into battle scenarios on the fly, perfectly mimicking them on his first attempt. If Garou himself couldn't deal with unpredictable fighting styles, how would he himself have been able to mimic and use said style to maximum effectiveness?

But Bambina isn't using a fighting style per se as Bambina approaches his fights as if they're a game to him. Just look at the first time we see Bambina actually engage in a fight with the Heavenly Kings. He approached them in a way that wasn't even a fight to begin with. Yes Garou was able to mimic Watchdog Man's fighting style later to use on against Genos but he didn't against Watchdog Man himself even after observing him and fighting him so he's gonna run into the same problem again with Bambina but not just because he's some "non-humanoid" being but Bambina using ENBU at the same time. But to really show that Bambina won't approach Garou as it's a fight:

No Caption Provided

What Bambina is fighting is a Neo-Spore. These little fragments of Neo were basically blitzing Nitro (characters approaching 8 King level) and eating Creatures and Monsters that are past Planetary Level like they were Doritos and Ramen. The one in the scans above just got through eating various monkeys of different levels like it was the easiest thing to do yet when Bambina approached it, he "fought" the Spore for fun. As it explains in the scans, Bambina is literally turning the Spore into Hamburger Helper by just dancing with it. Like in the top panel of the 2nd scan, Bambina looks as though he's playing jump rope with the Spore and killing it on accident. Now instead picture this moment with Garou, with equal stats of course, and while Garou is observing how Bambina fights and engaging him, Garou will just see the Monkey King playing a game like Jump Rope and still attacking Garou. And as I posted before: Bambina goes in with the intent to kill his opponent despite playing games and dancing.

-also isn't new to Garou by any stretch. Just look at his fight with Metal Bat, where Garou easily counters Metal Bat's "Brutal Tornado," which is literally Metal Bat spinning in circles with his bat. Garou even notes that this isn't even an attack and he counters it anyway. This instance undermines the effectiveness of unconventional attacks (attacks not involving variations of kicks and punches) against Garou, and this was before Garou became even better at dealing such styles (before he fought against and learned from Watchdog Man).

You make a good point here, showing that even attacks as non-special as Metal Bat spinning his bat like that is handily countered by someone as good as Garou. But if I wanna bring up something Garou might not be ready for is that Bambina uses his tail in the fights he's in. In the scans I posted earlier with the Spore, you see how abnormally large his tail is and how Bambina uses it during his playtime. Let me show how he can use it as well as an Endurance feat for Bambina:

No Caption Provided

When the 8 Kings finally assemble to take on Acacia, one of those moments is when Bambina finally engages with him. In the first scan, Bambina gets in Acacia's face and Acacia immediately retaliates by punching him away literally knocking out an eyeball. But in the process of being punched away, Bambina was able to use his tail and grab onto Acacia's arm and Bambina came back to punch Acacia back while holding onto his arm and what happens from that punch?

Team Rocket blasting off again!
Team Rocket blasting off again!

But now to show a bit more on what a user of the Monkey Martial Arts can do and how it has more applications.

No Caption Provided

We see Novice ENBU users being fought against by the 4 Heavenly Kings and the monkeys are using ENBU to regenerate heads that have punched clean off and deflect Toriko's Spiked Punch, which is a move that keeps attacking the same spot over and over hence why you see multiple circles to showcase numerous punches. Like I said earlier that these are novices accomplishing this type of craziness of regenerating entire heads and ignoring damage from attacks done to them.

No Caption Provided

Here we see a Master of the Monkey Martial Arts being able to regenerate having his DNA being shredded though it was overwhelmed by Coco's Poison and Toriko's Fork Spam right after. Later the Gorilla Taurus being able to deflect Zebra's Death Knuckle as well though it was brought back by Sunny's OP hair right after. But overall the point is that ENBU really helps in surviving and enduring different variations of attacks and with Bambina being the Grandmaster of it, using this against Garou will definitely help in absorbing and deflecting his attacks.

Summary

Again I'm sorry for the wait in this post and tbh I just wanted to get this post already done and not keep you waiting any longer so hopefully this post suffices. But to more properly summarize, Bambina's way of approaching the fight and more importantly the application of the Monkey Martial Arts will ultimately be something Garou won't be able to prepare for efficiently and allow the Monkey King to come out victorious. And with that, back to you Gear ;)

@defiant_will@emperorthanos-

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 emperorthanos-  Moderator
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emperorthanos-  Moderator
defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Rebuttal - The Hunt

Well it seems we've reached the concluding stages already my friend. I have to say, I didn't expect Bambina to have these many combative showings in terms of pure skill. That said, I still fail to see how they can overwhelm Garou:

But Bambina isn't using a fighting style per se as Bambina approaches his fights as if they're a game to him. Just look at the first time we see Bambina actually engage in a fight with the Heavenly Kings. He approached them in a way that wasn't even a fight to begin with. Yes Garou was able to mimic Watchdog Man's fighting style later to use on against Genos but he didn't against Watchdog Man himself even after observing him and fighting him so he's gonna run into the same problem again with Bambina but not just because he's some "non-humanoid" being but Bambina using ENBU at the same time. But to really show that Bambina won't approach Garou as it's a fight:

There are a couple of things I take issue with here. For one, your argument insinuates that Garou will have trouble with Bambina's animalistic fighting style based on his previous performance against Watchdog Man. However, that premise is flawed due to the inherent dismissal of Garou's adaptation for its justification. See, while Garou certainly did have trouble with Watchdog Man, that was in the very early stages of his Hero Hunting Career. Garou has gotten far better as a fighter since then, in part due to his adaptation. Garou says it best himself:

No Caption Provided

Such a statement may scream "NLF" to many, but in this context, it is very much applicable. The first time we see Garou fight Watchdog Man, he can barely keep track of his attacks, despite having the luxury of observing his movements beforehand. However, flash forward to his fight with Genos, and he can effortlessly mimic Watchdog Man's style at the drop of a hat, physically weakened and fatigued, no less. With that said, current Garou would not struggle in the slightest with an animal like style, so I don't think it is fair to say he is "gonna run into the same problem again with Bambina."

I also take issue with your emphasis on Bambina's fighting style, or lack thereof. An unconventional way of combat isn't automatically a boon, especially against a genius like Garou. Again, I showed you this with Metal Bat. Spinning a metal bat really fast would hardly qualify as even amateur level martial technique, in a class of its own in terms of its unorthodox nature. That factor is of no relevance to Garou, able to effortlessly deflect each of Metal Bat's attacks. I think there is something to be said for the fact that a page before, Garou literally said it wasn't a "combat move":

No Caption Provided

The reality is that Bambina's playful way of combat isn't something that is going to catch Garou off guard. He has dealt with unorthodox attacks before and it did not hinder him in the slightest. Which ties back into my rebuttal against your commentary on martial arts as a whole. While it may be harder for some to deal with unpredictable combative methods, it is not automatically a boon. In that regard, there is a burden of proof you have to satisfy: Proving that the unorthodox method is useful against highly skilled martial artist. Dancing with opponents, for example, is not really a skill feat. It seems you are banking on its unconventional nature as opposed to any level of martial methodology.:

The one in the scans above just got through eating various monkeys of different levels like it was the easiest thing to do yet when Bambina approached it, he "fought" the Spore for fun. As it explains in the scans, Bambina is literally turning the Spore into Hamburger Helper by just dancing with it. Like in the top panel of the 2nd scan, Bambina looks as though he's playing jump rope with the Spore and killing it on accident. Now instead picture this moment with Garou, with equal stats of course, and while Garou is observing how Bambina fights and engaging him, Garou will just see the Monkey King playing a game like Jump Rope and still attacking Garou. And as I posted before: Bambina goes in with the intent to kill his opponent despite playing games and dancing.

And that's not really an applicable line of thinking for this tourney. You can't solely rely on the randomness of Bambina's attacks, especially when dealing with an opponent who can analyze movements down to the center of gravity, breathing energy, muscle tension, etc.

No Caption Provided

Comparing martial art feats, Garou would eclipse Bambina in both quantity and quality. Garou was able to wreck Saitama in CQC despite Saitama being his physical superior, notably in speed and reflexes. I can not emphasize enough the gap between Garou and Saitama physically, and yet Garou's skill is enough to pull stuff like this:

No Caption Provided

To the average observer, this scene reads as a convincing blitz. But, in reality it is a testament to Garou's methodological level of martial technique, reading through Saitama's movements to account for a stat disparity. And, to be quite honest, I don't see why Garou won't do the same thing here. It's not like you've proven that Bambina can't be read or predicted with tangible showings. In terms of animalistic styles, Garou has read through that. Unconventional styles, Garou has read through that too. So what do you really have going for you here? You bring up Bambina's unique anatomy later on:

You make a good point here, showing that even attacks as non-special as Metal Bat spinning his bat like that is handily countered by someone as good as Garou. But if I wanna bring up something Garou might not be ready for is that Bambina uses his tail in the fights he's in. In the scans I posted earlier with the Spore, you see how abnormally large his tail is and how Bambina uses it during his playtime. Let me show how he can use it as well as an Endurance feat for Bambina:

It seems you are pushing for an attack like this, but I don't see it. Tail-like attacks are far from new to Garou. Deflecting Orochi's spikes is a feat applicable against Bambina's tail, even more so due to the number of spikes Garou was deflecting:

No Caption Provided

When you really look at what has been presented here, there is really nothing to imply that Garou can't read Bambina's movements or that Garou can't deflect Bambina's tail. Unpredictability is impressive, but that is relative to the opponent. What is unpredictable to a novice may not be unpredictable to a martial art master, and I find this debate falling under that same line of thinking. The key distinction being that you haven't really built a case for your position. In fact, you aren't the only one that can play that card. For example, Bambina has no counter to Garou's piercing attacks achieved through skill:

If Bambina gets caught with an attack like this, it would end the fight, if not for-

Enbu

Enbu seems to afford Bambina regenerative properties, which could be a problem if death were the only win condition:

1. Win by Death, Incap, KO, RO

As can be seen, a ring-out, knock out, or just incapacitation can also create a win condition. Given how oppressive Garou's fighting style is, a ring out is very likely, especially with his deflective techniques that can throw off Bambina's balance. Stats are equalized, but I've shown Garou relentlessly pressuring those who are far faster than him due to his skill alone, and given Bambina's feats, the same thing can very well happen here. Also note that, per the word of ET, if a single body part steps off the ring, it is a ring out. So if Garou were to deflect Bambina's tail attack out of the ring, that would qualify as a win.

No Caption Provided

Incap is also realistic given how Garou's fighting style fundamentally focuses on hindering physical functions through targeting joints and vitals:

No Caption Provided

For the record, the Orochi spike showing proves that Garou's techniques can work on a non humanoid anatomy, and given Bambina is a literal monkey, I don't think it far fetched to assert that Garou can do the same thing here.

I'd also like it to be known that Garou's ability to "return strength twofold" should serve as a nice counter to Bambina's Enbu deflection, reflecting Bambina's attacks right back at him to deal real damage.

Lastly, I'd like to note that Garou's attacks have shown precision and power to wipe out the majority of Black Sperm's cells, breaking apart his fused body. Based on my understanding of Enbu, this attack wouldn't be a one shot attack or anything like that. However, wiping out cells with attacks can definitely serve in taxing Bambina and set up for another win condition.

No Caption Provided

The Conclusion

But to more properly summarize, Bambina's way of approaching the fight and more importantly the application of the Monkey Martial Arts will ultimately be something Garou won't be able to prepare for efficiently and allow the Monkey King to come out victorious. And with that, back to you Gear ;)

I think I've done a good job in illustrating my problems with this assessment. Garou's skill minimizes any tangible advantage Bambina's unorthodox fighting style would provide. Enbu provides regenerative abilities that makes putting Bambina down a tedious job. However, Garou has a way easier out in a ring out, which should be easy to pull off given the technical skill disparity. Incap is also just as likely through targetting vitals and joints. Even if Bambina has crazy tenacity and endurance, a will of steel along won't reverse an incap. Garou's cellular attacks can help set up for this win condition. Heck, deflecting Bambina's attacks back at himself can also wear Bambina down and make it easier for a ring out. On the flipside, I find it highly unlikely Bambina is putting Garou down in a battle of skill. He has nowhere near the skill level to justify landing enough hits to knock out Garou.

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Open for votes

1. @geekryan - Elektra

2. @maestromage - Toriko

3. @leothegreatest - Baki

4. @psi-bite234 - Black Widow

5. @smxlr8 - Kiibo

6. @streak619 - Ohma

7. @comic_book_fan - Batman

8. @king-ragnar - Iron Fist

Discord Bracket (8/8)

1. @higherpower - Ninjak

2. @defiant_will - Garou

3. @reaverlation - Bambina

4. @sy8000 - Kuroki Gensai

5. @darthjhawk - Black Panther

6. @supremegenerationSunny Dark Pilgrim

7. @seagod - Composite Bruce Lee

8. @avaliantimge - Eternal Warrior

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Unfortunately, Reaver didn't get enough time to showcase Bambina's abilities for some reason. This could have been a lot better, but his second post was rushed and didn't really drive home his win condition. I will go with Defiant_will for this one.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't really understand the huge emphasis on "unorthodox" fighting styles, and why Bambina not having a fighting style and just dancing with his opponents was getting so hyped in the first place. I mean, wouldn't that just be a problem in a tourney stacked with some of the best martial artists in fiction? Unless of course, said unorthodoxy has actually helped Bambina beat skilled fighters with comparable stats, something Reaver didn't really prove. Apart from that he didn't really set up a win condition for Bambina, so for all intents and purposes it seemed Bambina was just restricted to punching and kicking Garou, with added defense from Enbu. I suppose some endurance feats for Garou would have been ideal here just to cover all the bases, but whatever, Gear did set up a victory condition for Garou through the cellular destruction argument or the ring out strategy, the latter of which especially there doesn't seem to be a clear out for Bambina. So my vote goes to Gear.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@shirso said:

I didn't really understand the huge emphasis on "unorthodox" fighting styles, and why Bambina not having a fighting style and just dancing with his opponents was getting so hyped in the first place. I mean, wouldn't that just be a problem in a tourney stacked with some of the best martial artists in fiction? Unless of course, said unorthodoxy has actually helped Bambina beat skilled fighters with comparable stats, something Reaver didn't really prove. Apart from that he didn't really set up a win condition for Bambina, so for all intents and purposes it seemed Bambina was just restricted to punching and kicking Garou, with added defense from Enbu. I suppose some endurance feats for Garou would have been ideal here just to cover all the bases, but whatever, Gear did set up a victory condition for Garou through the cellular destruction argument or the ring out strategy, the latter of which especially there doesn't seem to be a clear out for Bambina. So my vote goes to Gear.

I completely agree with this post right here, couldn't have said it better. I'm not really sure what the Bambina debater was arguing, maybe it's just beyond my comprehension.

HigherPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By HigherPower

This being a skill tourney I'm going to vote based on which character was proved to be actually more skilled and I think Garou takes that unquestionably. In Reaver's own words he "just wanted to use a monkey", so he took a literal teambuster, who has "skill" that for all intents and purposes is a literal power, and in spite of that failed to actually set up a win condition or explain how Bambina would actually overcome Garou's adaptation when stats are equal and Garou is a lot more of a martial artist (meaning skilled in it's actual sense) and better at fighting than Bambina is.

Bambina is just a super childish raging monkey who wins his fights through bullying his victims with overwhelming stats. There's not even really much thought into what he does do; a ring out from Garou is very likely especially considering he's participated in martial arts tournaments and was trained in a dojo. Like shirso said, Reaver put a lot of emphasis on Bambina having a "unorthodox style" which is basically a sugarcoated way of admitting that Bambina has NO actual martial arts style and isn't truly skilled. My vote goes to Gear.

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers