After the last comicvine hunger games failed to reach conclusion a new set of contestants and a couple of survivors from before have decided to join this edition of the hunger games. The Hunger Games is based around books with the same name except with a comicvine twist. I'm your host/gamemaster Emperorthanos along side Geekryan
A participant can make several actions throughout the games.
- Attack other participants. You are allowed to attack other participants in games.
- Healing. There are various items you can eat or use to heal your self.
- Scavenge and Build. After fights with monsters or other participant you can scavenge their body for food, or gear
Participants can also role play as their chosen character. The basic background is that your characters was either hired to take or part or thrown here against their will(choice is yours) and now must win. RPing is optional and you must RP as your chosen character.
You will face various threats and battles in this scenario. They can be one of the following
- A solo threat. Here you or your team will face a threat on your own that you have to beat. This can be a bunch of fodder enemies or one massive threat. In this you will have to kill you threats , escape the threat or in some cases tame them Voters will vote on whether your character can survive or not. Everyone can live or everyone can die.
- A 1v1 Threat - A one on one vs threat. These threats will be around similar level to the participants. These battles will be similar to the participant battles. You will have to kill the opponent in this case. There is no escape or taming here. You have to kill to win.
- Environmental Hazard. A scenario where the environment is your enemy. You may have to deal with harsh weather or just a violent environment condition. In some cases you can do nothing and this will take away a move. In other cases you will have to argue how your character can survive. Voters will vote on whether your character can survive or not. Everyone can live or everyone can die
- An Area threat. Everyone in the same area will be forced to fight the same hazard. You will provide tactics indicating why you will survive above everyone else. This can either one big boss or several enemies at once. Voters will vote on the worst argument. Those with most votes will die. There will be only one death per threat.
The threats will be debated with by me and the other GMs. It will be one post from the GM and then a reply post from the participants on why the survive.
Aside from threats there will be battles between participants. This can 1v1 or between alliances
- Ambush - One alliance or participant ambushes another. Ambush team has to make the first post, and get the stealth advantage. Victim has too argue whether he can survive the attack or not, or if the stealth can even be pulled off. No one has to die
- Confront- A direct battle between two users. Confront posts first. In this case, the person being attack has to argue why he would win. However the confront loses any element of stealth or surprise. Here someone as to die.
2 posts each. 7 days to make a post. Any longer and you are DQed. Also no need for openers or stuff like that. Just go straight into the fight. I don't want to see respect threads
While your character doesn't start with any items, he/she can get them through multiple different ways.
- At the start of the tourney, there will be a cornucopia with a bunch of items. There participants can get a single item that they wish.
- Items can also be gained from patrons as explained above.
- Items of other participants can be taken once they have died. Their bodies can be scavenged for as many items as can possibly taken.
- Items can also be scavenged from threats that have been defeated. Whether it's a weapon they have dropped or using their bones for your personal use.
Contestants can make alliances with other contestants. Alliances will be determined by the nature of your character and you will RP teaming up. After which I will approve the alliance . You can share gear, join each other in matches, help each other, and nullify a match if you have to fight. You can keep your alliance or reveal it as you see fit. You can have a max of two other allies. Be aware that if you and your allies make it to the end, you must kill each other. There can only be one winner.
Patrons this time around will come from the Betting side tournament . They can make a suggestion as to what gift should be giving, but the final decision goes to me. Any patron gift a contestant has on them when they die can be claimed by another user. Patrons must officially state their action on the spectator thread.
Damage from fights will carry on. Damage will be allocated depending on how close the voting is. If a user wins by one vote, he will be severely damaged and will have a disadvantage in his next encounter. Damage can be healed via food, medical packs or healing stims, which will all be possible patron gifts. You gain whatever weapons, equipment and gear anyone you killed has. NOTE* Food, Med Kits or Stims cannot be used mid fight. You have to decide before a fight if you want to use them.
There are are 4 level of damage allocation. A single food item reduces your health by 1 level. A med kit reduces it by 2 levels
- Level 1 - Your character has taken some minor cuts and bruises. Nothing serious.
- Level 2 - Your character will be have bigger wounds. Will be bleeding. They will be slower, weaker and less durable.
- Level 3 - Your character would have some broken bones like an arm, leg or even ribs.
- Level 4 - Your character has a life threatening wound and are just barely alive.
- Level 5 - Dead
Poisoned. Your character can also be poisoned depending on the monster faced. Will leave your character disoriented and unable to use special abilities. One food item or med kit will fix this.
Posting times and deadlines
I will try to reply to people twice a week. It will likely be on Thursday and on Sunday. So try get your posts the night before then so I can reply the next day. I expect atleast once response from you a week, twice would be ideal. If I go two weeks without hearing from you I will kill your character off. Allies are allowed to post for you if you cant make it.
Well I think that covers everything here. Any questions can be pmed to me or any other of the gms The games have now officially begun.