Comic Vine Vs DEATHBATTLE!

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who's More Accurate? Us Or Them? There was one battle that everyone was saying was miscalculated. so I figured, who had the highest chance of messing up.

Who's more reliable?

Who Causes Bigger Flame War's?

Go.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By GhostRavage

ComicVine in all categories.

Avatar image for tenebrous_guile
Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spacebattles curbstomps.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicvine stomps in Round 1.

Does Round 2 refer to the userbase and the fan base?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile said:

Spacebattles curbstomps.

Too many calcs.

Why don't you argue with them on their home turf (since they're not allowed to engage in board invasions following several incidents with StarDestroyer.net) :P

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

Spacebattles curbstomps.

Too many calcs.

Why don't you argue with them on their home turf (since they're not allowed to engage in board invasions following several incidents with StarDestroyer.net) :P

Even Brock Lesnar can't handle 100 street thugs all at once

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile said:

@comicstooge said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

Spacebattles curbstomps.

Too many calcs.

Well they're still picking up the pieces following the Admins demoting a supermoderator who came out as transgendered for reasons the Admins don't want to tell anyone, so they're now divided into (those who were pro-admin) Spacebattles and (those who didn't support the admins' decision) Sufficient Velocity.

They're divided! We can conquer them while they are weak!

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicvine Is wear it's at

Mongoose

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

@comicstooge said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

Spacebattles curbstomps.

Too many calcs.

Well they're still picking up the pieces following the Admins demoting a supermoderator who came out as transgendered for reasons the Admins don't want to tell anyone, so they're now divided into (those who were pro-admin) Spacebattles and (those who didn't support the admins' decision) Sufficient Velocity.

They're divided! We can conquer them while they are weak!

CV needs me to stop @wolverine08.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DraciosV
Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CV Spite.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DeathHero61

People are okay or don't care about death battle when their favorite characters don't lose but when they do they go in a fan rage. And people only bash deathbattle because of superman vs goku.(which is the reason superlightning bothered to make this thread.)

No Caption Provided

I would argue why everyone here should shut their mouths about death battle and get over their high horses, but its best i don't say anything and not get involved.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ComicStooge
Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

Spacebattles curbstomps.

Not while they're demoting people for being transgender! :D

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/athene-retiring.295647/ The whole drama can be read through here.

They announced that Athene (the supermod) was "retiring" and informed Athene of this literally one minute before posting it, Athene is only made aware of this when people ask her why she's retiring, then she blows the whole thing out of the lid.

This is also furthered by incredibly outdated servers (from the early 2000s) that the guy who owns said servers doesn't care to upgrade and has ignored any requests from the admins to buy the server from him or to upgrade it.

This is further compounded by SB using the oldest and most outdated version of XenForo whereas other forums have moved onto shinier, newer versions that include things like saving drafts of your posts at regular intervals.

These lead to a large rift in the community that remains unhealed and will likely never be healed.

The debating community is still excellent; but it's a broken one where literally half the site pulled a Captain America.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Definitely Comicvine in accuracy and reliability. Flame wars are debatable though. If anyone's seen the Youtube comment section on the Superman vs Goku Death Battle, that's more than a match for any comic vs anime thread on here.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

Definitely Comicvine in accuracy and reliability. Flame wars are debatable though. If anyone's seen the Youtube comment section on the Superman vs Goku Death Battle, that's more than a match for any comic vs anime thread on here.

This, I actually debate on Youtube from time to time to harden myself up against trolls. Its quite good fun.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

This, I actually debate on Youtube from time to time to harden myself up against trolls. Its quite good fun.

Even against the youtube bigots?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

We have bigots here, too!

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tenebrous_Guile

@tenebrous_guile said:

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

Youtube bigots are the kind that even /b/ makes fun of.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

Good point.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenebrous_guile said:

@comicstooge said:

@tenebrous_guile said:

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

Good point.

Even the onion got in on the act of making fun of youtube bigots.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By comic_book_fan

i am every where but i am a ferret at heart.

Parryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FactPile autowi-

I mean ComicVine

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I <3 them both equally but Super Powered something's Marisha Ray has my full loyalty and attention. She is the most good looking nerd I've ever seen.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really? who cares that goku lost? goku can't beat superman. now i understand why dragon ball is banned.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death battle is the cause of flame wars globally but that's against fanboys vs fanboys

On the site, that's where people with actual knowledge on characters throw down an make a nukewar from the intesity..

Comicvine is much more reliable.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sy8000

Funnily enough, I recall Death Battle using the word "tanked" at one point.

They're stealing our vocabulary!

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funnily enough, I recall Death Battle using the word "tanked" at one point.

They're stealing our vocabulary!

I'm pretty sure Spacebattles used it first.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be locked, regardless of it being well meaning or not (most likely not) you have a debate about the integrity of 2 groups of real people, it's inevitable that this will go sour unless of course it just dies off and gets buried.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CV is like well, the best Comic web I've ever visited, and seen. Seriously, like no people here are that bias. They usually have a good reason on how Character "A" beats Character "B". Unlike most sites. DeathBattle is simply BS.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get what's so bad about death battle. Yeah their are some fights that make me scratch my head, but it's all in good fun what they do. They aren't as serious as the majority of the guys on here, which is why CV provably has better debaters.

Tenebrous_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will note that I fully agree on Godzilla vs Gamera (Godzilla is the King, Gamera's second fiddle on his best day) and Boba Fett vs Samus (though Boba Fett would realistically have gotten curbstomped far harder) as well as Thor vs Raiden and Batman vs Spiderman. Most of the other fights I wasn't too invested in.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cjdavis103

@superlightning123:

Acurracy us in a stomp

Reliability we all have to fact check with on pannel feats so again us

This is a close one as the flame war spawned from their superman vs Gokku is legendary but the DBZ hate here is increadable along with Flash and BatGod so i would give us a slight majority here on flame war

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By tparks

This is going to turn into an all out battle, Sharks vs Jets style.

No Caption Provided

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

Meh, I try not to take Deathbattle too seriously. It's fun to watch the animated fights they do (Vegeta vs Shadow had me in stitches!) but honestly, CV is much more reliable and accurate.

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TrueKing95

The deathbattle youtube videos? I feel like they are more reliable than comicvine, they actually take calculated stats from each side. While all I see here most of the time, is one side ignoring all the evidence the opposing side shows and vice versa.

But if we are talking the few logical people who know what they are talking about then, comicvine wins.

Round 2: We start a lot of flame wars but we have never had people post hundreds of angry reaction videos about are stuff. Deathbattles take this one.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Most expert in comic vine r way more reliable than death battle, but to be fair composite superman beats goku whether or not they got their info right or not. Just saying silver age superman was a thing

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think ComicVine takes both only because its been around alot longer. Fans use scans and facts etc. Deathbattle does do a pretty good job at this but CV just has been doing it ALOT longer with alot more input. I actually learn alot about heroes I know very little about reading comicvine. Cant say that for DB. Flamewars once again CV because its been around alot more and has TONS of more matchups than DB to flame about. NOW I have to say that DB totally rocks in the animation department, its not theater quality but its fun to watch and they do do some research. (I personally thought the time spent for Goku vs Superman is noteworthy in of itself) Unlike super power beatdown which is fan-based and is totally factless. Batman beats Deadpool??? Riiiiight.

Dewin50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's More Accurate?

Comic vine easily

Who's more reliable?

Comic vine again in a stomp

Who Causes Bigger Flame War's?

Well Death Battle has a bigger audience so that would mean that it creates bigger flame wars. Just look at the Goku vs Superman

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: that is where I have to disagree with you. All though death battle was wrong about supes and goku, they're wrong about a lot of things. They don't provide a lot of reasons. And the ones they do provide are iffy at that. Comicvine at least people post scans to show why they're right. The only reason deathbattle earns some points because they at least choose a winner. Unlike comic vine we just debate until we tire out the topic. Oh and to add to my credibility, the character I want to win has won in every single deathbattle that I've watched :D

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DeathHero61
@trueking95 said:

The deathbattle youtube videos? I feel like they are more reliable than comicvine, they actually take calculated stats from each side. While all I see here most of the time, is one side ignoring all the evidence the opposing side shows and vice versa.

But if we are talking the few logical people who know what they are talking about then, comicvine wins.

Round 2: We start a lot of flame wars but we have never had people post hundreds of angry reaction videos about are stuff. Deathbattles take this one.

THANK YOU.

No way i can trust people with a majority of the death battles people have done. There is not a single Goku representative on comicvine here that i have met that doesn't use powerscaling and powerlevels which in DBZ's case is bullshit. For several of the other death battles, no one here on comicvine would have known those characters, such as He-Man, or Robocop, or Gamera, the thing about death battle is that despite not knowing characters, they do shit tons of research. With limited resources. While we have all the resources in the world to use, we can get info from each other, from other people's respect threads, and etc. And ask each other for information by debating each other everyday. And like trueking stated, there are very few logical people on comicvine who know what they are talking about.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OutskirtsBattledome

http://i.imgur.com/upPQnoF.gif

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DeathHero61

@deathhero61: that is where I have to disagree with you. All though death battle was wrong about supes and goku, they're wrong about a lot of things. They don't provide a lot of reasons. And the ones they do provide are iffy at that. Comicvine at least people post scans to show why they're right. The only reason deathbattle earns some points because they at least choose a winner. Unlike comic vine we just debate until we tire out the topic. Oh and to add to my credibility, the character I want to win has won in every single deathbattle that I've watched :D

I can easily go over every single reason they had that was legitimate and it would outweigh the non-legitimate.

Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Accuracy: CV

Reliability: CV

Flaming: DB

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts