Comic Vine Champions League Street Edition(Sign Ups)

• 117 results
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Welcome to my ComicVine Champions League. This is a tourney that will incorporate several ideas I have been thinking of implementing for a while now. The format of this tourney will be a bit different from the usual stuff as it will involve a round robin leagues followed by a knockout stage with the league winners

Format

The way this tourneys works is simple. There will be 2-4 leagues of 6 people. Leagues are decided by the medium your characters in from. So there will be a Comic only league with only comic characters, manga only with only manga characters and so on. Each person in the league debates everyone in the league once round robin style. You get a point for every win. The person with the most points at the end of the league wins the league. After that the winners of each league face each other in a knock out tournament.

Character/Writer Selection

No Caption Provided

The character selection also works differently. Rather than just choosing a character, you choose a character as he was under a certain writer or during a certain run. E.g Slott's Spiderman or Loeb's Hulk. With this you only get feats under that writer or during that time period. That also means you can have multiple use the same character just under different writers. While this mainly applies to comics I have guidelines for other mediums. For manga characters you may only use manga feats irrespective of any other canon feats. And it as the be same manga series. So no feats from a sequel manga with a different Author. E.g Toriyama's Goku from the Original Dragon Ball Manga series. Even a LA character will be limited to feats under a single screenwriter. E.g McFeely and Markus's Captain America

Limits

This is a high street tourney. I guess the general rule is your character must lose to spider-man. With that said the following is the basic guidelines for the character.

• Strength: Strength is limited to 10 tons or boulder busting
  • Speed: Travel is limited to Mach 2, reactions is limited to Mach 3 or sniper bullet timing.
  • Durability: Durability is limited boulder busting
  • DC: Limit is boulder is busting
  • Senses: City level radius.
  • Skill: Nothing too broken, like internal attacks

Abilities

For the most part this is a haxless tourney, so if you are character has an ability or gear that can do any of the following, they won't be allowed to use it.

• Telepathy: Limited to Mind reading only
  • Telekinesis: Only indirect TK
  • Cloning: 1 clone max
  • Summons: 5 and no stronger than CW Arrow
  • Teleportiation: Only teleport yourself, no telefragging etc.
  • No durability negating or bypassing abilities
  • No Time Manipulation
  • No speed steal
  • No reality warping
  • No BFR
  • Other Hax is case by case but assume an ability is banned unless told otherwise.

Rules

1. 12 participants minimum
  2. Leagues consist of people debating the same medium. Although I can have a mixed league if enough people wish to join.
  3. Win by Death, Incap, ring out or KO.
  4. Standard Gear.
  5. No BFR.
  6. In character but willing to fight/win.
  7. No prior knowledge
  8. No prep time or outside help.
  9. Standard equipment unless stated otherwise.
  10. Abilities list details everything allowed and not.
  11. Have to only use feats from the specified writer, run, arc etc.
  12. All battles will take place in this arena
No Caption Provided

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By reaverlation

I choose Danny via Immortal Iron Fist run

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen this idea before so this is sick. I'm not entirely sure if i have time to participate but I'll know soon. Nice regardless.

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up with ITSV Miles

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh screw it, sign me with Ri Shin from Kingdom:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for tomtheawesome123
tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

reserve with Atsushi Nakajima (bungou stray dogs) please

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally I well edited SL/Low Tier tourney.

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you calculate a Boulder to be at 10 tons level? I thought it was higher than this, awesome.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 emperorthanos-  Moderator

How do you calculate a Boulder to be at 10 tons level? I thought it was higher than this, awesome.

Eh Boulders come in different sizes and different weights. Something like this is the limits here

No Caption Provided

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-: Actually on second thought can I swipe Ri Shin with Ou Hon (same series)?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emperorthanos-  Moderator
ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ANTHP2000  Online

This is actually pretty interesting.

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-: Nah, I ain't got time enough time for it, I've been on Vine since 2017/2018 (different account at the time) just commenting and looking for Good content. But thx

BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Save me a spot, I'm definetly joining the LA category. 2 questions:

1. Can I get TV characters who have been written in the same continuity but with different writers as one character?
  2. What happens after the poules?
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Save me a spot, I'm definetly joining the LA category. 2 questions:

1. Can I get TV characters who have been written in the same continuity but with different writers as one character?
  2. What happens after the poules?
  1. No. Ideally same writer throughout. Even if its just one writer common across them all teaming up with others. I could maybe make an exception and say you can all feats from a single season since TV writers change so often.
  2. Poules? If you mean after the division round then the winners face each out in a knock out tourney
BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. No. Ideally same writer throughout. Even if its just one writer common across them all teaming up with others. I could maybe make an exception and say you can all feats from a single season since TV writers change so often.
  2. Poules? If you mean after the division round then the winners face each out in a knock out tourney
  1. Then I'm going to find another character. I was thinking on using Netflix Five (Umbrella Academy) without time manipulation.
  2. Poules is what it is called in the actual Champions League, so I used that instead of divisions.
Darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well since @maestromage is forcing me to do this under threat of death I’ll sign up with Wolfman’s Deathstroke @emperorthanos-. Does that include most/all of post crisis? since Wolfman didn’t write his every appearance or just his solo and titans run?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@emperorthanos-: if I take Gorgon (Tomi Shishido) for example, I'd have to choose between the Hickman/Bendis run (Secret Warriors) or his first appearence from Mark Millar run (Enemy of the State/Agents of Shield)?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos- said:
  1. Then I'm going to find another character. I was thinking on using Netflix Five (Umbrella Academy) without time manipulation.
  2. Poules is what it is called in the actual Champions League, so I used that instead of divisions.
  1. Alright. Like I said I could give you a single season or possibly Director
  2. Oh I see. I usual call them groups

Well since @maestromage is forcing me to do this under threat of death I’ll sign up with Wolfman’s Deathstroke @emperorthanos-. Does that include most/all of post crisis? since Wolfman didn’t write his every appearance or just his solo and titans run?

It would just be the stuff he wrote. So his run plus any other instances he would have written him in.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@higorm said:

@emperorthanos-: if I take Gorgon (Tomi Shishido) for example, I'd have to choose between the Hickman/Bendis run (Secret Warriors) or his first appearence from Mark Millar run (Enemy of the State/Agents of Shield)?

yeah you'd have to choose a specific run.

Darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-: Well In willing to just use rebirth/priest Slade. but you run into the issue of the ikon suit. it’s the only consistently used suit in rebirth, but I also have no idea what the limits are in that regard since you apparently banned vibranium but also allowed ultimate kars.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos-: Well In willing to just use rebirth/priest Slade. but you run into the issue of the ikon suit. it’s the only consistently used suit in rebirth, but I also have no idea what the limits are in that regard since you apparently banned vibranium but also allowed ultimate kars.

I just allowed Kars in based on what I have been told. If he proves to beyond the limits the match will just be forfeited. With Vibranium its too durable and the redirection aspect is quite op. Of course I suppose that can differ under writer, so if there is one definitely in the limits I would allow it.

psi-bite234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@emperorthanos-: Reserve me a spot in the Comic League. I’ll decide a character tonight

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Kars isn't that strong though. Like, his Hamon can one shot many, but he is sub plane speed (verbatim said and proven in canon), gets tagged by bullets just as many times as he times them and has lackluster physical feats

Darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-: None that would fit in your limits. I’ll just take Priest Slade.

when someone shows him using a little bit of hamon to cause a volcanic eruption and launch it into space along with Joseph, along with regenerating from everything I’ll come back to you.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-: Are the people this character scales from also limited to the same writer?

BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BramvanElteren

@emperorthanos-: Is Imsomniac Spider-man allowed?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I would have 0 issue using Riordan's Percy but I'd wanna get out of my comfort zone...

Then again, I can barely post in anything already with all these dumb classes so unless I think of someone really, really, really good I'll just sit it out.

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-: None that would fit in your limits. I’ll just take Priest Slade.

when someone shows him using a little bit of hamon to cause a volcanic eruption and launch it into space along with Joseph, along with regenerating from everything I’ll come back to you.

Darth, I know you aren't this dishonest. Kars only caused that volcanic eruption because of the Red Stone amplifying the power of his Hamon (or Ripple):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

So that's not even an standalone feat for Kars. And yeah, he was sent to space by the concussive force, but quantifying the Kinetic Energy needed to do so is a little bit vague given that he arrived in space at an unspecified timeframe. Kars also took heavy damage from a plane crash into a volcano, so his durability isn't exactly the best. His regen isn't as good as something like a Wolverine or Deadpool. And he has no blunt force or piercing durability feats.

In terms of speed, a 240km/h plane was too fast for Kars:

No Caption Provided

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 emperorthanos-  Moderator
BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-: Okay. Then sign me up with him for now.

Shade545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shade545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shade545

@emperorthanos-: Can these characters be used?

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/b4f0hh/respect_midnighter_wildstorm/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/9l2qq3/respect_alex_mercer_prototype/

Keep in mind Wildstorm only for Midnighter and Prototype 1 only for Alex.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I enter manga league with Guts (Berserk)?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beowulf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll reserve with Joseph G. Newton

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reserve me for the Other Division

For now I'll go with Sly Cooper

BramvanElteren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

>street tier

>ult kars

??? Hmm

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade545:

Wildstorm Midnighter is above the limits, otherwise I would have picked him by now.